• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K15 |OT| Awww, Did Someone Not Get The Features They Wanted?

BrunoM

The crowd is really bad.
Agreed

Maybe it's just me I want the next gen version to be good I haven't got a wwe game sense 09 and k always had a lot of fun with them before that

If this is fun and plays good I would get it lets see if the stream makes me want to go buy it tomorrow

Lrrr

Graphically or audibly? I think both, but sound is a bigger offender. You would think they would have wrestler specific chants in the game by this point. Interested in how the reviews turn out for this.

I can live without wrestler specific chants (though I agree those should definitely be in there), but it's the constant, generic crowd noise that bothers me. It doesn't even sound like the audience in an arena, but more like a distorted version of white noise.

I can live without wrestler specific chants (though I agree those should definitely be in there), but it's the constant, generic crowd noise that bothers me. It doesn't even sound like the audience in an arena, but more like a distorted version of white noise.

It's like the audio they use on Smackdown when they add fake crowd noise. It's the seagull pop that randomly happens and goes away.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They did wrestler specific chants before, and it was like shit NO ONE would ever say. All Stars had it too. It was really jarring the dumb chants they made up.

I thought I heard PS4 and XB1 for this game were at parity. Either way, they're both at 1080p and there's been no glaring differences from what I could tell.

^
I mean, it could be better, obviously, but it's not sneaky. Lots of games do it. Hell, it's how embargos for most media work. Ever notice how you only ever seen reviews of the big movies the day it's in cinema?

Yeah, it's not ideal for sure but it also allows someone to have a more informed view the day of release. Stuff like AC Unity is the shits, though. If the game is out, it should be fair game.

Slateboard

Neo Member
In addition to the lost match types, I'm still concerned about gameplay mechanics being abused, like being able to drag/lead someone around without them being able to reverse it and such.

What kind of features did it have?

You had your standard one-on-one, tag, handicap, triple threat, battle royal and elimination matches

You can set the match rules to reflect both Japanese and American wrestling styles, as well as shoot style and MMA. Or you could mix and match the rules as you see fit.

From the main menu before you start a match, you could set what arena you wanted, what ring you wanted, what ring announcer you wanted, what referee you wanted, how fast the match speed was, what company the crowd was a fan of, whether you had a ramp or not, turn commentary on or off, and choose a play by play guy WITH the commentator

That's just the match stuff. You could also had your basic story mode where you fight opponents to unlock stuff. There was a match maker mode which was basically a GM mode for 5 different companies. There was a title match mode where you fight for the titles of those five companies, and a tournament mode.

Of course it had a CAW mode, but you can clone any wrestler in the game. You could set your CAW's fighting style, his popularity, and set their A.I so they could wrestle accurate to who you were creating.

Goddamn shame it was Japan only

#JoinTheForce

Esrzylq.png

Invis

Did anyone watch CMPuLs3's video about the next gen version being more of a foundation for the future than anything else? I can't remember whether the 2K guys told him that specifically or that was just his opinion when playing the game itself.

Also newLEGACYinc is having a midnight stream tonight following RAW if anyone else is into that.

Is royal rumble playable online ? And if yes how many people

That's probably the biggest missed chance for a wwe game

I always imagine 4-10(16 max) playing and waiting but then again half would quit once eliminated lol

atomsk

Party Pooper
Does gamestop still have a texting service to remind you about preorders?

I haven't preordered a game from them in about a year, but usually I would have gotten a text by now.

Not that I'm going to whatever midnight shit they have, sleep is far more important.

cLOUDo

Best OT in the world

ZwPNwbG.gif

Now we have news that the "15 year Career" is as short as shit too since there's only 3 PPVs of your choice a year.

EDIT: OH YEAH, should probably note in there that the season pass only includes the Showcase DLC packs and not the Moves, WCW or NXT ones. And buying that pass is the only way to get Paige. YAYYYYY

is this guy, LOL
Shocked-Fan-After-Undertaker-Loss-to-Brock-Lesnar.gif

Rapstah

Is royal rumble playable online ? And if yes how many people

That's probably the biggest missed chance for a wwe game

I always imagine 4-10(16 max) playing and waiting but then again half would quit once eliminated lol

Royal Rumble matches being playable online were the thing they did for WWE '13 online. I think they gave you points for how long you lasted, how many people you eliminated and for how many times you were eliminated and had to re-enter as a new guy. It's been done.

Slateboard

Neo Member
Did anyone watch CMPuLs3's video about the next gen version being more of a foundation for the future than anything else? I can't remember whether the 2K guys told him that specifically or that was just his opinion when playing the game itself.

Also newLEGACYinc is having a midnight stream tonight following RAW if anyone else is into that.

I agree that it's a foundation for better things.

But as a standalone game, it's very lacking.

Word going around is that most of those missing match types are unlockables in Career and Universe mode. Unconfirmed as far as I can tell.

Yaari

Word going around is that most of those missing match types are unlockables in Career and Universe mode. Unconfirmed as far as I can tell.

I don't believe that. That would be a really dumb thing to do under the circumstances of lacking modes they already have. Stuff like that won't make the game feel any better, but even more lacking in options.

Invis

I don't believe that. That would be a really dumb thing to do under the circumstances of lacking modes they already have. Stuff like that won't make the game feel any better, but even more lacking in options.

Seems plausible. Isn't that how all the arenas and such are unlocked? When you play in the arena and win, you unlock the arena. Maybe a portion of MyCareer puts you in a match that isn't in there for exhibition and if you win, you unlock it.

Hasney

No, not unlockable, just exclusive to those modes. Can't find any confirmation on Universe, but here's something in career.

ndy5ogjt.png

They still might not even be in Universe as that comes from someone saying they saw a ladder match, which people are still saying is under title match anyway.

Hasney

JLNgq4H.jpg

Pretty sure they're not going to be selectable in any mode. Think even if they are in Universe as claimed, it'll only be pre-bookrd stuff... Sigh. They surely have to patch it if the modes are in there.

Ah well, out in an hour and a half and I've woken up anyway. May as well find out myself.

scdi4j.png

Pretty sure they're not going to be selectable in any mode. Think even if they are in Universe as claimed, it'll only be pre-bookrd stuff... Sigh. They surely have to patch it if the modes are in there.

Ah well, out in an hour and a half and I've woken up anyway. May as well find out myself.

Aren't you in the UK? Anyways I look forward to your impressions.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
scdi4j.png

Is it possible to patch back in the other features or they would have to "rebuild" them for the ground up?

Hasney

Aren't you in the UK? Anyways I look forward to your impressions.

Yup and a fucking party just broke out in the house behind me, so I've had to push the speakers to the wall and blast metal until they shut the fuck up. Decent speakers > their shitty laptop speakers. OH WELL. Cunts.

Yup and a fucking party just broke out in the house behind me, so I've had to push the speakers to the wall and blast metal until they shut the fuck up. Decent speakers > their shitty laptop speakers. OH WELL. Cunts.

The game doesn't come out over there for a few days. I don't think you are going to get to play it tonight.

Hit em with some Dethklok!!!

I'm doing the midnight release later tonight here in the Pacific Time Zone. Mainly getting it for Universe and Career modes. I'll be around to post impressions if anyone cares.

Top Bottom