• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K15 |OT| Awww, Did Someone Not Get The Features They Wanted?

Hmm. I think making a stardust is possible using a mask on the face and a custom logo.

Speaking of custom logos I already downloaded a good Bullet Club one.

N4HnTHD.png

He's from Giantbomb btw.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They put out this new chain wrestling system that they put a tutorial for in the first match you do, right? Well, they also changed the submission system. You get some weird U shaped bar, and they tell you NOTHING about it other than to hold x. I hold x until the bar fills and then I tap out.... But the match doesn't end. And then the computer pinned me. Like, what? What just happened?

and that chain wrestling thing is gimmicky shit just like I said it would be. It's awful.

Hasney

They put out this new chain wrestling system that they put a tutorial for in the first match you do, right? Well, they also changed the submission system. You get some weird U shaped bar, and they tell you NOTHING about it other than to hold x. I hold x until the bar fills and then I tap out.... But the match doesn't end. And then the computer pinned me. Like, what? What just happened?

and that chain wrestling thing is gimmicky shit just like I said it would be. It's awful.

You mash X, not hold. But yeah, it's not clear.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sting's comeback leads to them falling into the corner to set up a stinger splash. That's a cool little detail.

Rapstah

What are both versions of Hogan's overall stats? Someone in here has to have bought the Hulk Hogan version. I really want to know this for my own... private reasons.

Hasney

Yeah, I think most of the comebacks have been done to setup a signature state.

Scorpion Death Drop is so lame though. They could have at least made it look like it was WCW Sting doing it, like the hair pull out of Revenge or something.

EDIT: As for Hogan, I'll go back through my twitch archive. Had Hogan in a HIAC.

EDIT2: heh, would you believe it. The overalls don't come up in a 6 man match and I'm at work at the mo.

dreamfall

How big is the install? Might have to clear some space if I end up getting this, in spite of any last bit of sane judgment I have.

Huge wrestling fan here but will not be picking this up.

Sure the character models look nice (HHH entrance is fantastic) but the "big fight feel" doesn't seem to be there.

Awful crowd and soulless Cole, King and even Justin Roberts.
CM Punk doesn't even look like him!

See you next year.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sting and Warrior look great. Especially Surfer Sting. I know someone said Warrior looks weird, and he does. But that means he looks accurate. Down to the disgusting looking back.

Warrior, also apparently someone who chain wrestles according to 2k15! You know, he used to do it all the time!

Hasney

What are both versions of Hogan's overall stats? Someone in here has to have bought the Hulk Hogan version. I really want to know this for my own... private reasons.

Hollywood: 91
Red and Yellow: 93
Sting and Warrior look great. Especially Surfer Sting. I know someone said Warrior looks weird, and he does. But that means he looks accurate. Down to the disgusting looking back.

Warrior, also apparently someone who chain wrestles according to 2k15! You know, he used to do it all the time!

Yeah, I was expecting the worst after someone said that so I picked him on my 6 man HIAC stream. Looked just like early Warrior when he ran out.

Seriously, that chain grapple mechanic is ass. It's only super heavyweights who don't chain. Shame you can't turn it off for MyCareer.

Just finished up with the game after a few hours, here are my impressions.

First of all, the gameplay speed has drastically changed, and while I do agree it was too fast before, I think they may have gone too far in the opposite direction. The action feels really sluggish at times. This also has the effect of the reversal windows being different than in the past, so it takes a while to get used to. I love the stamina system though. It causes the pace of the game to change as the matches go on. As for the chain wrestling system, I actually like it a lot. Adds an interesting layer of strategy at the beginning of a match and isn't around long enough to get bothersome, and if I ever do get tired of it I could always turn it off.

I was expecting the creation suite to be cut down, but it is really cut down. The options in CAW are much more limited than I expected, and I wasn't able to create the very basic CAW I create every year. I like the new UI for Create an Entrance, but it is also missing options. Though I really appreciate how similar to the actual models the CAWs are. They no longer stick out like a sore thumb.

MyCareer is obviously an idea that needs to be built upon in the future. It is a great basic idea, but the current state of it isn't as good as it could be. I played about an hour of it, and while I am enjoying it, it is very basic. Definitely not to the level of NBA 2K's Career experience Nonetheless, I am enjoying the mode.

In a more general sense, the models looking as good as they do makes the older animations look even worse than they have in the past. I like the new animations and I think 2K will add more of them going forward, but that should definitely be a huge priority for next year. The animations need to catch up with the models. It's a jarring difference in quality of the two.

I haven't touched Showcase or Universe yet, but I will say this. Even with all the issues I have with the game, I am having a good bit of fun with it. It's an enjoyable experience even while I acknowledge its flaws. I think the game is a good start for 2K and a good base to build upon going forward.

Hasney

This does sound like a trainwreck but I'll probably buy it... when it's cheaper. Maybe Christmas Sales or something, idk.

They do usually drop. I got the last few years in January for £20-£30 because it was a pretty fun local multiplayer game. This year, with the removed matches, it's worth less to me.

Stuart444

They do usually drop. I got the last few years in January for £20-£30 because it was a pretty fun local multiplayer game. This year, with the removed matches, it's worth less to me.

20 - 25 quid would be lovely. We'll see how sales are during Christmas/NY.

Yaari

Going to see what you guys that did buy it, think about the game. I don't mind sitting it out for a little while but am definitely still interested in how it plays.

Has anyone figured out if you can change the options/difficulty in my career? Rumor was that multiple streamers said it was possible but I can't for the life of me figure it out. Changing options in the main menu doesn't apply to my career. Playing on normal with no blood is a turn off for me (would rather it be on hard honestly)

Hasney

Has anyone figured out if you can change the options/difficulty in my career? Rumor was that multiple streamers said it was possible but I can't for the life of me figure it out. Changing options in the main menu doesn't apply to my career. Playing on normal with no blood is a turn off for me (would rather it be on hard honestly)

No, they don't take effect. The only thing you can do is change the options available in the pause menu after a match starts by the looks of things.

No, they don't take effect. The only thing you can do is change the options available in the pause menu after a match starts by the looks of things.

were you able to change them after the match started? I opened the menu but can't change it from normal to hard also couldn't turn blood on.

The game is a lot of fun to play so far. Yeah, it's a little on the slow side but after playing it I do believe they are trying to change some things at a fundamental level. Do I believe they scrapped all the legacy code and started anew? lol, no. The hooks of the old engine are obviously there but it does feel like they are doing some things right this year from a game play perspective.

I'm not sure what to think of the chain wrestling gimmick this year. It feels like it's the right pace to start the match but at the same time the system they're using doesn't feel right at all. There were streamers who seemed to enjoy it and were pretty good at executing chain wrestling so maybe it just takes some time.

If this wasn't sorely lacking in Create-a-features I'd recommend it now but for most wrestling fans who are on the fence I think this is ok to grab on discount.

Hansey, where you able to edit opponents in matches for Universe? I think we're stuck with the matchups they give us unless I'm missing something. That's really annoying.

Hasney

You can edit the matches, but the GUI is weird. When I accidentally started Darren Young/Sandow, I suddenly saw that pressing R1 on a match lets you edit it. That doesn't appear until you hit X on a match for some reason, but hitting R1 over a match slot at any time will let you do your own match.

It is just the play now modes still though. If some of the other matches are in Universe mode as claimed, they'll have to be booked by the AI.

Chain wrestling had grown on me with the slider turned down so it doesn't last as long until I faced some big guy in my career. You cannot grapple someone who doesn't chain wrestle at all until you kill that first health bar.

Interesting. I downloaded a couple of alternate attires for both Dean and Seth. I discovered that the Dean alternate attire actually has two variations, which I didn't think was going to be in this game. I can have him in his grey tank with a grey jacket and also have him in his black tank with that hoodie/logo thing he wears and it only takes up one CAW slot. I'm not exactly sure how to do it but this premade alternate attire had that option.

Hasney

Interesting. I downloaded a couple of alternate attires for both Dean and Seth. I discovered that the Dean alternate attire actually has two variations, which I didn't think was going to be in this game. I can have him in his grey tank with a grey jacket and also have him in his black tank with that hoodie/logo thing he wears and it only takes up one CAW slot. I'm not exactly sure how to do it but this premade alternate attire had that option.

It's an entrance/in-ring attire split, like when I look at my career CAW in the editor, it has both the maskless and gimpmask entrance attire. Can you use them both in match? That's the only CAW I've made and I can't export him until he hits Raw.

Hasney

Sting And Hogan still haven't unlocked for me. I preordered the deluxe edition on Xbox One.

Lots of people on the 2k forums with the XB1 version are saying this. Do not try to uninstall and re-download as some people can't re-download it seems.

It's an entrance/in-ring attire split, like when I look at my career CAW in the editor, it has both the maskless and gimpmask entrance attire. Can you use them both in match? That's the only CAW I've made and I can't export him until he hits Raw.

These are two completely separate attires. I can have dean in a grey tank (non-intro) with a grey jacket (for intro) and then on the same CAW slot have another Dean attire that has him in a white tank (non-intro) and black hoodie (for intro).

I think you get two extra attires over the in-game original. I imagine for a regular CAW you just get the two attires as well. Each one having its own intro attire and in ring attire.

Entrance animation options are pathetically bad. You don't even get all the motions from the wrestlers in the game under advanced options. Updating Dean and Seth's intros was... interesting.

There's an option to turn down the volume just on commentary. I will watch closely to see if it only does commentary. That's great news if it works.

Top Bottom