• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Royal Rumble '17 |OT| Follow The Buzzers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I thought Jericho was signed to next Wreslemania?
Nope. His band is starting work on an album right now and Jericho's run was supposed to already be over, but he did an extension through this WM because he was having a lot of fun with the JeriKO storyline.

Omega said point blank on Wrestling Observer's podcast he would not be in the Rumble and that he expects to work out a 1 year deal with NJPW.

There was a brand split.

Smackdown on Tuesday is watchable every week, and is usually pretty okay.

Raw is pretty much terrible every week. I still watch it tho. Also, they're still trying to push Reigns as "the guy", so if that's a dealbreaker, you might not want to watch the title match on Sunday.

The funniest part is that "THE GUY" is literally one of Reigns' catchphrases. It got a reaction the first time he said it, but then he started saying "like I said, I'm not a good guy, I'm not a bad guy. I'm THEE GUY" like every week and people started to mock it.

deli2000

Almost everyone seems to think its a foregone conclusion. Raw desperately needs heels that are competent enough to do legit matches. Strow Man can't do that yet, Jericho is leaving, Balor is returning as a face. That leaves you with Rusev and Owens as the biggest singles heels and neither of those guys are portrayed as ultra badasses these days.

SmackDown has no babyfaces and Raw has no heels. They need a trade or some timely callups.

Oh don't get me wrong. NXT is getting crowded and needs to send up people ASAP. I just don't trust WWE to have any common sense or long term plans.

Lothar

Banned
this may be a dumb question, but

I stopped watching WWE a year or two ago, basically before the ex-TNA guys started showing up, and around when they were forcing Reigns into the picture as the main guy

has it gotten better since then?

Slightly because AJ is there, being used well, Miz is great again, and the women's division is a lot better. Smackdown is usually okay. I don't feel like I wasted my time watching it. But then there's no Smackdown I would go back and rewatch either. Raw is always a waste of time.

TheBear

jaden-smith-rides-luggage-through-airport-03.jpg

I'm highly anticipating the pop Kurt Angle gets when entering at #30

I'm going back and forth between Zayn or Balor winning.

Also, Never forget:

T5ZdBgn.gif
Isn't he still wrestling for another promotion against del Rio? Seems unlikely he will be in the Rumble, as much as I would love for that to happen.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If we end this PPV with Cena and Roman as Champs, I swear to God...

This along with the rumored Rumble winner, and it's the worst PPV in a while.

Rather have Orton than vanilla midget Balor tbh. Also, want kind of Grade A jabronie wants to see Omega jobbing to Da Big Drug Abuser? Glad he stayed in NJPW.

Tom Nook

Royal Rumble Participants

Confirmation from WWE.com:
  1. The Undertaker
  2. Goldberg
  3. Brock Lesnar
  4. Big Show
  5. Dean Ambrose
  6. The Miz
  7. Sami Zayn
  8. Dolph Ziggler
  9. Big E
  10. Xavier Woods
  11. Kofi Kingston
  12. Bray Wyatt
  13. Randy Orton
  14. Luke Harper
  15. Mojo Rawley
  16. Braun Strowman
  17. Chris Jericho
  18. Baron Corbin
  19. Cesaro
  20. Sheamus
  21. Big Cass
  22. Rusev
Predictions, Potential spoilers
23. Seth (to set up match with Triple H at WM)
24. Triple H (same with Seth)
25. Samoa Joe (promoted to the main roster)
26. NXT guy (No Way Jose or Tye, not Naka and Bobby)
27. Kurt Angle
28. Shaq (vs Big Show)
29. Roman (to troll the crowd)
30. Finn Balor (shows up but not actually wrestle, Undertaker throws him out)
Wildcard: Ellsworth, Shawn Michaels,

Tall4Life

Royal Rumble Participants

Confirmation from WWE.com:
  1. The Undertaker
  2. Goldberg
  3. Brock Lesnar
  4. Big Show
  5. Dean Ambrose
  6. The Miz
  7. Sami Zayn
  8. Dolph Ziggler
  9. Big E
  10. Xavier Woods
  11. Kofi Kingston
  12. Bray Wyatt
  13. Randy Orton
  14. Luke Harper
  15. Mojo Rawley
  16. Braun Strowman
  17. Chris Jericho
  18. Baron Corbin
  19. Cesaro
  20. Sheamus
  21. Big Cass
  22. Rusev
Predictions, Potential spoilers
23. Seth (to set up match with Triple H at WM)
24. Triple H (same with Seth)
25. Samoa Joe (promoted to the main roster)
26. NXT guy (No Way Jose or Tye, not Naka and Bobby)
27. Kurt Angle
28. Shaq (vs Big Show)
29. Roman (to troll the crowd)
30. Finn Balor (shows up but not actually wrestle, Undertaker throws him out)
Wildcard: Ellsworth, Shawn Michaels,

Seth lost his spot to Sami last Raw.

Carl2291

I'm sure it's been said multiple times already, but if Tye Dillinger doesn't come out number 10 I'm gonna rage quit.

UberTag

I'm sure it's been said multiple times already, but if Tye Dillinger doesn't come out number 10 I'm gonna rage quit.
How awesome would it be if the crowd counts down with the clock as normal for every Rumble entrant but after 9 entrants, instead of counting down they simply chant "10", "10", "10" for each number - and then Tye makes his entrance.

So who is the top face on Smackdown then?
Let's not entertain Cena turning heel rhetoric. It's never going to happen.

somedevil

Wait, what? Really? This was a thing?

He talks about it on the Jericho podcast. It was idea that reached them making new gear and theme before his first match with the Rock but it was nixed.

Fear his name was trademarked in 2011 but never used.

Plus in total divas in a scene with nikki he came out with a singlet with that phrase on it with matching boots. Mask was not a part of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Akx_Zi2jTY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom