• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Royal Rumble '17 |OT| Follow The Buzzers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

God can you imagine? People haven't been this hyped for a Rumble in years, could they really fuck it up that badly? Like, the trifecta of fucking up?
Yeah, it's a terrible idea on numerous levels that sucks all the tension out of the next PPV.

slabrock

Banned
wb0074s.jpg

which one of the Vaudevillians is that?

I am utterly baffled as to why Orton's odds are so high. He's been in the midcard for months and hasn't even aimed for the title since his return. It's painfully obvious they'll have the Orton/Bray match at Mania and there's no indication it would involve the title, since the crumbling of the Wyatt Family is working well enough as a story as it is.

I could see either Reigns or Cena winning the belt but it certainly won't be both, and there's zero chance Randy is walking out with the Rumble win.

Da Big Dawg Roman Reigns seeks to retrieve his lost bone, The United States Championship, from The Russian Pitbull Fedor Emelianenko at the Grandest Stage of them all. Can The Guy conquer The Last Emporer bringing honor and glory back from the clutches of The Red Menace? Tune into WrestleMania only the WWE Network for $9.99
Got you some hot verbiage.

I figured a Smackdown guy would win the rumble (Raw people can just force their way into any title shot, why waste the win on them), but Orton? Huh. Sure.

I just wanted AJ in a title match at WM whether it's him defending or him trying to win it back from Cena. If the rumor is true, I would have to imagine it's not against AJ.

Chopper

If Cena beats AJ and Orton wins the Rumble, I see no way that Fumble at the Rumble 3 doesn't lead into Cena/Orton Forever War Chapter 45,972,349,072,590,785,094,375,890,234 for our Wrestlemania main event.
Why the flying fuck would they do such a thing?

Rival

Gold Member
I swear to God if Randy Orton wins I will not watch another WWE event until Raw the next night!

I like the idea of Miz trolling with DB's music but I want him to do it at 29 and CM punk to come out at 30 using DB's music again. Anything can happen in the WWE right?

Do people even care about Orton anymore? I remember the Evolution and the Legend Killer stuff was entertaining, but he just seems to have gone....boring since then.

UberTag

I like the idea of Miz trolling with DB's music but I want him to do it at 29 and CM punk to come out at 30 using DB's music again. Anything can happen in the WWE right?
A Miz troll with Daniel Bryan's music would undoubtedly be... AWESOME. Imagine how apoplectic the crowd would be if Kurt Angle was alone in the ring and the YES YES YES music comes on only for The Miz to waltz out.

The heat would be off the charts.

Rival

Gold Member
A Miz troll with Daniel Bryan's music would undoubtedly be... AWESOME. Imagine how apoplectic the crowd would be if Kurt Angle was alone in the ring and the YES YES YES music comes on only for The Miz to waltz out.

It would work sooooo good for Miz. People would lose their shit!

Randy has always been boring in the ring and TBH not that great on the mic for the most part but some good segments, face or heel it doesn't really matter. The only time he was IMO interesting was back when he was punting mothertruckers and it actually took them out for a while. When it started to become more of a mild convenience and then it got taken away from him he's been back to "meh city" with me. Randy "Fundamentally Sound" Orton.

Granted I've never been a fan of his going back to when he was in OVW so. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kirblar

Randy has always been boring in the ring and TBH not that great on the mic for the most part but some good segments, face or heel it doesn't really matter. The only time he was IMO interesting was back when he was punting mothertruckers and it actually took them out for a while. When it started to become more of a mild convenience and then it got taken away from him he's been back to "meh city" with me. "Randy Fundamentally Sound" Orton.

Granted I've never been a fan of his going back to when he was in OVW so. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Randy is always able to put on a consistently good match and make it look easy- it's that he has to be motivated to get any further than that.

Tom Nook

If Cena beats AJ and Orton wins the Rumble, I see no way that Fumble at the Rumble 3 doesn't lead into Cena/Orton Forever War Chapter 45,972,349,072,590,785,094,375,890,234 for our Wrestlemania main event.

Vince: Wrong! It will be chapter 45,972,349,072,590,785,094,375,890,231 NOT 45,972,349,072,590,785,094,375,890,234 in this money making fued. You will like it!

This would be amazing, and that's why it won't happen.

Still waiting for this personally.

Edit: Vince better have contingency plans if Tye Dillinger's not in the rumble. Every person coming out to 10, 10, 10, 10, 10 is either going to be hilarious or the worst.

theBmZ

I'm actually going to WrestleMania this year since its only 2 hours away from me. Orton being in the main event would definitely make me feel less good about my ticket.

I'm actually going to WrestleMania this year since its only 2 hours away from me. Orton being in the main event would definitely make me feel less good about my ticket.

If he does win, I might recommend trading in your tickets and buying some for the ACTUAL biggest show of the year.

photo-41.jpg

UberTag

If he does win, I might recommend trading in your tickets and buying some for the ACTUAL biggest show of the year.
I don't remember the RAW After Mania being so hot last year.

Did Christian get a single pinfall victory in that feud?
Not a single one. And yet, despite the one-sided booking, that feud was red hot fire with some incredible matches. They worked amazingly off one another.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

photo-41.jpg
How does that work with a Raw after Mania AND a SmackDown after WM?

They've been pretty tight about keeping the lines up between the brands so far.

I'm thinking Goldberg and Lesnar take each other out and Undertaker and Strowman are the last 2 standing and I actually think Strowman will win.

Joe will probably make it into the rumble, it's a shame Austin Aries is injured, I'd love to see him make the jump to the main roster too and be in the rumble.

How does that work with a Raw after Mania AND a SmackDown after WM?

They've been pretty tight about keeping the lines up between the brands so far.

During the brand split era the lines would usually blur a hell of a lot once Mania season hit full swing and wouldn't re-solidify until after Backlash/Extreme Rules. Wouldn't be surprised it that pattern repeats here.

I'm rewatching Rumble 2015 and remembering how terrible it went. It amazing. I would pay any money for a actual backstage documentary/commentary about that hour of drizzling shit.

It is a great warning to not get too excited about this event

I'm rewatching Rumble 2015 and remembering how terrible it went. It amazing. I would pay any money for a actual backstage documentary/commentary about that hour of drizzling shit.

I remember nothing about that event except the Rock realising he fucked up

Ithil

It's the Rumble in modern WWE, so despite the winner being unclear at the moment we will be disappointed one way OR ANOTHER.

Barrage

There is no one that could win that is on the active roster that wont result in some coming on here and saying it was the worst Rumble ever.

UberTag

There is no one that could win that is on the active roster that wont result in some coming on here and saying it was the worst Rumble ever.
Sami Zayn... draws #1 and breaks Mysterio's 11-year record for longest amount of time in the Rumble match.
It comes down to him and Braun Strowman. He wins and challenges AJ Styles for the WWE Title at Mania and they put on a MOTY 5-star clinic.

Sami: Sort of. Has had a David & Goliath storyline with Braun Strowman where he's not triumphed yet.

Samoa Joe: Heavily rumoured to be appearing at the Rumble as he has no matches at Takeover.

JeriKO lives on.

Seth & Sami had a match this week for a spot in the Rumble. Seth lost after being distracted by a sudden play of Triple-HHH's entrance music.

Thanks. Man that seth match ender sounds like it was awful lol. I wonder what the odds are for Cena beating AJ. I'd think they would be saving his title win for wrestlemania

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom