• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Royal Rumble '17 |OT| Follow The Buzzers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeeTeeCee

I'm expecting the Rumble itself to be a letdown, so it might actually be the Cruiserweight match I'm most looking forward to.

iMax

bryan.jpg

ugh

orioto

Good Art™
I was hoping for Lashley's TNA contract to be over this week by coincidence but i guess with last Impact it's not the case :\ That iron man match was damn good at least.

Also on the Rumble, i'm really curious about the title match now. The more i think about it.. There is really no point for Reigns to win the title just Before Mania.. That would be friggin' bad if he just defends the title at Mania..

And those Taker/Reigns rumors.. So he doesn't need the title.

Actually, when you think about it, it's wishful thinking of course, but if they have Taker/Reigns, Lesnar/botchberg, ShaqFu/BigShow, plus big things with Styles, Charlotte, Rollins/Trips.. They got a pretty stacked card with big stars, and none of those star matches needs the belt. They can actually go with JeriKO for the belt pretty safely. It'll make the match more important.

If they had balls, they could even go with Zayn winning the rumble, but i think people just don't care enough for him right now.

In a world where KO would have been booked as a competitive tweener champion, Joe winning it and going at him would be super hot for Mania.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
I don't usually mark out, but if Kenny Omega showed up, I'd mark the fuck out and don't think I would ever stop marking out.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I think I'd mark out the most for Kurt Angle or Scott Steiner. I know Steiner will never happen, but if those sirens hit...

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
this may be a dumb question, but

I stopped watching WWE a year or two ago, basically before the ex-TNA guys started showing up, and around when they were forcing Reigns into the picture as the main guy

has it gotten better since then?

I stopped watching WWE a year or two ago, basically before the ex-TNA guys started showing up, and around when they were forcing Reigns into the picture as the main guy

There was a brand split.

Smackdown on Tuesday is watchable every week, and is usually pretty okay.

Raw is pretty much terrible every week. I still watch it tho. Also, they're still trying to push Reigns as "the guy", so if that's a dealbreaker, you might not want to watch the title match on Sunday.

gun_haver

This Rumble can go a lot of different ways here.

There are several people everyone is hoping to see but that it is unlikely will be in - so if any of them DO show up, that's gonna be great.

It feels like anybody's game really (i guess some smart money has come in but you never know).

Rare appearances by Brock, Undertaker and Goldberg all in the same damn match while also being in there with lots of people they've never touched.

It's packed with people who all have reasons to fight each other outside of the rumble itself.

If this Rumble is bad, it's gonna be actually disappointing, unlike the previous couple which weren't looking too interesting going in. I think the key ingredient is this is not a a Roman Rumble.

They re-implemented the Brand Split a few months ago. Raw's the same old shit but Smackdown has been a definite improvement over the standard WWE product even with a much shallower talent roster.

tumblr_mytrn05e4a1r3j80ko2_250.gif

Both Roman and an ex-TNA guy are fighting for top belts this weekend.

what actually started all the wrestler at airport shit hahha, was it dirtsheets just speculating xyz may appear for being in xyz airport

more entertaining than most ppvs haha

Htown

There was a brand split.

Smackdown on Tuesday is watchable every week, and is usually pretty okay.
I might check that out then. Is it still on Syfy?

Raw is pretty much terrible every week.
Oh well.

Also, they're still trying to push Reigns as "the guy", so if that's a dealbreaker, you might not want to watch the title match on Sunday.
It's dumb, but it's not a dealbreaker. I was just using it to mark when I stopped watching.

If nothing else it's nice that Barrett has an enduring gif legacy thanks to WWE's constant ability to deliver bad news.
Surprise rumble return please.

My favorite things about the annual tradition of airport exclusives is we use the same pictures every year. :lol

In my effort to find a new picture I uncovered another edition of Cena's suit game.
CYKUg4j.jpg

somedevil

And he's been future endeavored after his program against Nakamura.

Your probably joking but he is working the NXT house shows leading up to the Rumble.

According to Melzer
Joe vs Cena was pitched but nobody got back to him if its happening or not.

Htown

They've been trying for the past 3 years. That should tell you something.

That they've been trying to force him like John Cena, but he lacks any of the things that ever made Cena likable at any point?

Speaking of which, I feel like people's opinions kind of turned around on John Cena a little bit after I stopped watching? Is that a thing that happened?

I might check that out then. Is it still on Syfy?

It's on USA Network now.

Also, if you watch RAW with a community, you can at least suffer with everyone else and enjoy the unintentional humor. Like Goldberg ruining his promo twice while he was bleeding from the top of his head this Monday. That was pretty funny. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xh7yUmJDGw

Or that Undertaker noise a couple of weeks ago. That was the best thing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw_Mj2u0DQM

Juicy Bob

If nothing else it's nice that Barrett has an enduring gif legacy thanks to WWE's constant ability to deliver bad news.

In my effort to find a new picture I uncovered another edition of Cena's suit game.
CYKUg4j.jpg
Is it sad to admit I recognise that airport from that ramp?
Adelaide

Toki767

That they've been trying to force him like John Cena, but he lacks any of the things that ever made Cena likable at any point?

Speaking of which, I feel like people's opinions kind of turned around on John Cena a little bit after I stopped watching? Is that a thing that happened?

Cena's still Cena.

He's just taking a backseat to everything right now because if he wins the title, he'll tie Flair's record and they haven't really pushed that at all with his upcoming match on Sunday.

Which leads me to think he won't be winning the title.

Ithil

CYKUg4j.jpg

Did he cut up his grandma's tablecloth? It's economical, but I can't say fashionable.

CYKUg4j.jpg

Ironically that's the least stupid I've ever seen Cena look in a suit.

I guess it depends on who you talk to?

I still can't stand him, personally.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't think he will be.

Almost everyone seems to think its a foregone conclusion. Raw desperately needs heels that are competent enough to do legit matches. Strow Man can't do that yet, Jericho is leaving, Balor is returning as a face. That leaves you with Rusev and Owens as the biggest singles heels and neither of those guys are portrayed as ultra badasses these days.

SmackDown has no babyfaces and Raw has no heels. They need a trade or some timely callups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom