• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Royal Rumble '17 |OT| Follow The Buzzers

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

By the end of the night Cena and Roman will be champions and Orton will be the Rumble winner. What a shit show.
Mania season is always a shit show. Vince always goes back to the usual suspects and the part-timers while brushing everyone else to the side like yesterday's garbage.

Sami Zayn... draws #1 and breaks Mysterio's 11-year record for longest amount of time in the Rumble match.
It comes down to him and Braun Strowman. He wins and challenges AJ Styles for the WWE Title at Mania and they put on a MOTY 5-star clinic.
Zayn inexplicably has a lot of people who hate him on here.

They won't have Tye come in at #10 (if at all) and The Miz will come out to his own music because they're mean and don't like to let us have things we want.
Given Meltzer reported a while back that WWE fears the 10 chant becoming a What-like chant, I'm not expecting Tye at number 10.

Also I like Tye but I really hope the rumble countdown isn't just everyone going 10 for each number.

So why Orton all of a sudden? Like, every other rumor/hopeful was so much better then him. Is there still hope or should my first Rumble since getting back into wrestling be a huge disappointment : (

Tagyhag

So why Orton all of a sudden? Like, every other rumor/hopeful was so much better then him. Is there still hope or should my first Rumble since getting back into wrestling be a huge disappointment : (

Them thinking Orton vs Batista for a Wrestlemania main event was a good idea wasn't that long ago. Old habits die hard.

ReiGun

Since Bray is all but guaranteed to be Orton's opponent at Mania, they should let him win the Rumble if they're really set on it being a title match. Bray could use the rub badly, and they can always put the title on Orton at Elimination Chamber.

yuraya

Since Bray is all but guaranteed to be Orton's opponent at Mania, they should let him win the Rumble if they're really set on it being a title match. Bray could use the rub badly, and they can always put the title on Orton at Elimination Chamber.

I kind of refuse to believe they will let Bray get the title at EC. They never give him anything. He is always losing to everyone. I'm still surprised they gave him the tag titles last year.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Damn, Orton shooting up as the heavily favored Rumble winner seems terrible. He won already, so it should be a fresh new face winning it, imo.
That's just because Meltzer heard a rumor.

As he says, it's just a rumor. It's nothing near as obvious as Batista in 2014, Roman in 2015 or even HHH last year.

I figured Goldberg would win. Orton? Ew

There is no reason for Goldberg to win. They can do Goldberg/Lesnar at Mania without either winning the Rumble or holding a title. If fact, something crazy happening during the Rumble where they both go nuts and eliminate each other is more interesting and makes the Mania match more compelling than one of them winning the Rumble.

Anyone booked as a WWE style face is WWE is terrible. It does not matter what your name is, as a face in WWE you are wholly unlikable. To be a WWE face is to lack all personality and emotion other than having a bit of respect for the person you are fighting - and they usually go overboard with that to the point that it is annoying.

One of the few times they got a honest face character to work, without diving into the "antihero" trope was when Sami was facing Neville in NXT a few years back, and the reason that worked was because they showed him struggling not to fall to Neville's level and use underhand tactics to win.

Sure, character development is not easy to get right, but WWE regularly makes it look like they are climbing Everest to even give their wrestlers a few interesting traits.

By the end of the night Cena and Roman will be champions and Orton will be the Rumble winner. What a shit show.

Orton winning the Rumble would be... and odd choice. But Reigns winning the championship I'm actually okay with.

We know Reigns draws viewers, so we know he's going to Wrestlemania somehow. Do you want to watch him fight FOR the title at Wrestlemania? Or do you want to watch him lose it to someone the crowd will actually cheer for this time around? I'd much prefer he lose it someone like Wyatt though instead of Orton...

miserable

David+Arquette+Arriving+LAX+Airport+wZqk9OTeosKl.jpg

orioto

Good Art™
Well in my WWE ppv network run i just saw RR 93 yesterday. I damn hope this one will be better! It was full of jobbers 70% of the time!

That horrible pacing with the biiiig hole after stars are eliminated and they have 10 jobbers entry. The roster is better nowadays at least.

Ok Predictions time.

Becky Lynch, Nikki Bella & Naomi vs. Alexa Bliss, Mickie James and Natalya (Kickoff Match)

They will want Mickie to have a bit of a run I think so this would be the start.

WWE Raw Tag Team Championship
Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson vs Cesaro & Sheamus (c)

Tough one. I think a loss now would hurt C&S so they will give them the win to keep them together.

Nia Jax vs Sasha Banks

Sasha to get her revenge and she is still the boss

WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Neville vs Rich Shawnn (c)

All Hail King Neville.

WWE Raw Women's Championship
Bayley vs Charlotte (c)

All Hail Queen Charlotte.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship
John Cena vs AJ Styles (c)

The winner of this faces my Royal Rumble winner so for me I want it to be AJ. *sigh* I am probably wrong though and Cena equals Flair.

WWE Universal Championship
Roman Reigns vs Kevin Owens (c)

Yes Roman. This sets up my triple threat Mania event of Roman v KO v Jericho

30 Man Royal Rumble Match

Ok so there are 8 "surprise " entrants so I will predict those and the winner.

1. Samoa Joe
2. Finn Balor
3. T J Perkins (I think they will throw a Cruiserweight in somewhere and I think it might be him)
4. Tye Dillinger (Yes I think WWE will bow to the pressure and jump on it, although sending him in on the 11th spot for maximum trolling effect)
5. Kevin Owens
6. Shaq (Please God no.)
7. Hacksaw Jim Duggan (cries of USA USA! to be fed to Rusev who murders him, and then.....)
8. Kurt Angle (Who murders Rusev)
9. Seth Rollins (Yes I know but he will destroy Mojo Rawley and take his place after Foley sends him in. See 2004(?) and Test)

Key Takeaways

Hopefully Somoa Joe to win and to take AJ on at Mania (Please? PLEASE!) but it will probably be Cena which would still be pretty damn good and cement Joe as the absolute beast that he is when he leaves Cena in a pool of his own blood.

Finn eliminates Taker and Taker eliminates Finn (Maven 2 without the less shocked look?) setting up the Entrance v Entrance battle at Mania.

Triple H doesn't actually enter the Rumble but still manages to get Seth eliminated via shenanigans. Oh lets say run in from the crowd and distracts him long enough to get chucked out. Something like that.

Sami and Miz to be the Ironmen of the rumble ideally starting first and going almost the full distance. Have Sami eliminated last to keep the whole "close but not good enough" angle would be good. Oh and Sami should eliminate Braun to get a match on at Mania.

Braun and Corbin to have the most eliminations. They will want them looking like beasts.

Lesner takes out Goldberg. That's all you need to create the match at mania. Goldberg punishing Lesner for losing his opportunity at the belt.

Jericho to be eliminated by KO. Time to pull the plug on the friendship and go to war with a triple threat at Mania for the title with Roman. (They will claim they both deserve a rematch as it is "their" title)

Think that's it. Goddamn that was long.

Orton's best feud was against Christian... and I challenge anyone to prove me wrong.
I still remember this feud prompting the wrasslegaf analysis of the current state of WWE as
FOUR STAR MATCHES, GREAT FEUDS!

But really though it was a solid feud, the initial wtf reaction to Christian losing to Orton (and Jericho's "let's see how this plays out" tweet), Christian winning the belt via dick kick and his systematic destruction in their final summerslam match, it was quite the ride.

They really, REALLY should.
Orton's previous rumble win was probably the most boring (and inevitable) one of recent years, I don't trust the man with rumble moments.

I want to see John Morrison return...yeah I said it
Second best at gimmicky recoveries after Kofi, the prince of parkour!

kiguel182

I'm showing my girlfriend the Royal Rumble, and wrestling, for the first time. We will only see the Rumble itself together (I don't want her to suffer three hours!) but it should be fun seeing how she reacts to stuff and what she thinks of the wrestlers as a totally outsider.

Tall4Life

What's considered the most entertaining RR? watched the one where Cena comes back at the Garden... it was alright.

My personal favorite is 2004. 2005 is AMAZING for the ending alone, 1992 is lit, 2001 is awesome with how dynamic it is... 2007 is also quite good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom