• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Survivor Series 2016 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
So Ultimate Warrior wasn't the worst wrestler ever.

Ultimate Warrior cut like 12 entertaining (through insanity) promos in his career. That's 11 more than Goldberg has done, if you include his one comeback promo this year. In the ring the difference was negligible.

Goldberg seems like less of an actual awful person, so that might count for something.

RBH

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

:')

I just remembered Kendrick won the match and the Cruiserweight's are still on Raw yet are immediately after Smackdown for 205 and will take the spotlight from the Smackdown talk-show.

tumblr_inline_o533tgwdOw1td6a19_500.gif

Definitely need another Pillman with a gun promo from brock lesnar. Would be hilarious

Just have him going to Goldbergs house with his rifle and watch some fuckery ensue. You could even have brock beat him so then there wouldn't have to be a match

Because I think it's fairly certain Goldberg is never going in the ring again.

Brock kidnaps the kid, tells Goldberg he has to come get him at his compound

Goldberg shows up, gets F5'd into the river

I'm actually perfectly fine if there isn't a rematch. Brock has been formulaic and boring as hell since the 21-1 stuff. Him actually being vulnerable for the first time in years and having a chink in his armor that there is someone who he could never beat is way more interesting.

ReiGun

I just remembered Kendrick won the match and the Cruiserweight's are still on Raw yet are immediately after Smackdown for 205 and will take the spotlight from the Smackdown talk-show.

tumblr_inline_o533tgwdOw1td6a19_500.gif

That's gotta suck for those guys. They have to do Raw, then drive to whatever city Smackdown is in. I know they try to keep them somewhat close, but still.

dream

Why are some of you hung up on Bill's age? It's all fake. There's no rule saying that you can't be a badass fake fighter when you're 50. Shit, Undertaker is decrepit and he's the biggest badass fake fighter in the entire league, even after having his fake streak ended.

I'm actually perfectly fine if there isn't a rematch. Brock has been formulaic and boring as hell since the 21-1 stuff. Him actually being vulnerable for the first time in years and having a chink in his armor that there is someone who he could never beat is way more interesting.

That's fine. But it would be much more interesting and beneficial if that "someone" wasn't 50 year old Bill Goldberg.

That's gotta suck for those guys. They have to do Raw, then drive to whatever city Smackdown is in. I know they try to keep them somewhat close, but still.
205 comes off like a show for the guys who won't make an appearance on Raw weekly to do. Or at least I hope so. I mean, I don't really expect 205 to further say the CW title, but feature other things, like maybe some actual single matches.

Brinbe

Pretty fucking stunning result being there in person. Kinda shitty that the Undertaker payoff kinda went to a guy who put like three weeks of work in but it was a nice send-off. Glad I could be there in person.

People are gonna shit on the show, but it was fun being there. Toronto crowd's are always passionate and they completely booed the hell of Reigns (I certainly helped with that).

Otherwise, the Shield reunion, that frogsplash RKO and Shane working his ass off (he did more than Roman!) are what I'll remember from this one.

Remember how boring and terrible the Wrestlemania 20 match was? This was easily the best outcome we could have hoped for.

I think Goldberg's done. No reason to come back again, leave on a high note.

Brock has the excuse that Goldberg took him by surprise and that something like that will never happen again. Reestablish Brock as a monster by having him destroy any wrestlers who make fun of him for losing. Have some good guy stand up to Lesnar as now we know he isn't invincible.

There are a lot of ways to move forward from tonight. We're much better off than if they'd had a good 50/50 match with one of them going over in the end.

Of course WWE will botch any scenario no matter how much sense it makes. So we've just got to live in the moment. I enjoyed the show overall.

orioto

Good Art™
tumblr_ogz1pqLKCV1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

Shane looks like the back of his head whacks the floor and I'm pretty sure the top of Roman's head drove right down onto it too.

from the many angles you could see the head smacked the floor real real hard. he was absolutely not lucid after that (thus why he kicked out and surprised the referee ?)

Bowser

Not that this technically means anything, but after Goldberg gets the pin, he climbs the ropes and clearly screams out "I'M BACK!"

Penguin

I'm not even mad with the ending.

Brock needed something to refresh his gimmick/angle.

Goldberg gets a feel good moment.

There's some intrigue as to what they do with Brock next.

And genuinely shocking moment. Doesn't happen often

Pretty fucking stunning result being there in person. Kinda shitty that the Undertaker payoff kinda went to a guy who put like three weeks of work in but it was a nice send-off. Glad I could be there in person.

People are gonna shit on the show, but it was fun being there. Toronto crowd's are always passionate and they completely booed the hell of Reigns (I certainly helped with that).

Otherwise, the Shield reunion, that frogsplash RKO and Shane working his ass off (he did more than Roman!) are what I'll remember from this one.

I think this was basically Summerslam 04 all over again but a little less bizzaro land.

I was at Summerslam 04. The show was basically bad but the crowd was so fun it was a blast.

Can't imagine people at home enjoyed as much though.

Samething here... if I was there probably would have loved it... but I wasn't so fuck it.

Honestly, with how inconsistently booked most on the roster is, I wouldn't trust any "long-term rub."

That's no excuse for shortsightedness. You don't forego long-term booking because you feel like you'll fuck it up. And if you do then you have no business being a booker.

I think that might be the dumbest line of thought they could possibly have.

Will never understand opinions like this. Shane with his goofy little poke combos did more than roman? The jump was cool but we've seen that plenty. Otherwise Shane was a bust.

Roman is booked pretty badly. Certainly in this match too for the most part. but his skill is still pretty solid I think.

Anyways they really need to go the Usos route with this guy already

UberTag

Brock has the excuse that Goldberg took him by surprise and that something like that will never happen again. Reestablish Brock as a monster by having him destroy any wrestlers who make fun of him for losing. Have some good guy stand up to Lesnar as now we know he isn't invincible.

There are a lot of ways to move forward from tonight. We're much better off than if they'd had a good 50/50 match with one of them going over in the end.

Of course WWE will botch any scenario no matter how much sense it makes. So we've just got to live in the moment. I enjoyed the show overall.
Brock Victim #1 = Gillberg
Brock Victim #2 = Sami Zayn
Brock Victim #3 = Mick Foley (suspension angle to keep Brock off TV 'til the Rumble push)
Brock Victim #4 = Chris Jericho
Brock Victim #5 = Kevin Owens (wins Universal title)

Brock then puts Roman Reigns, hero to the masses, over at Wrestlemania and makes him look strong.

How many million per year does Kevin Dunn get paid for being awesome at his job again? Please remind me.

tumblr_ogz1pqLKCV1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

Shane looks like the back of his head whacks the floor and I'm pretty sure the top of Roman's head drove right down onto it too.

Doing a frame by frame of the gif makes it look like nothing bad really happened, but another angle could reveal something different. Also could just be the framerate of the gif being bad.

Doing a frame by frame of the gif makes it look like nothing bad really happened, but another angle could reveal something different. Also could just be the framerate of the gif being bad.
This was the only gif I could find of it, so it's what I used. Live clips of it from people there made it look more fierce enough.

https://streamable.com/6e7x Here it definitely looks like his head whacks right off it.

Roman taking the Sister Abigail also looked awkward since his head was tilted uncomfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom