• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE's Dr. Chris Amann Files Lawsuit Against CM Punk And Colt Cabana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I know WWE Fan loves the guy, but CM Punk has always struck me as full of shit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I did enjoy Colt acting like a paragon of virtue when JR mentioned him 'landing a great' scoop or whatever and say, 'it's not a scoop, i was just giving my best friend a safe place to speak'

while setting up a cm punk t-shirt deal on the same day of course. #carnylife

Fushin

I know WWE Fan loves the guy, but CM Punk has always struck me as full of shit.

No, actually he isn't. He shit himself because of all the Z Paks.

JVnwrJ2l.jpg

Amory

Punk's claims against this guy were pretty extreme. Claiming he basically refused to treat a baseball sized lump on your back? Better have some evidence to back that up

Has pretty much Punk been the only wrestler that left that has gone after this doctor. I haven't heard someone like Rio or other talk of having problems with the doctor.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Has pretty much Punk been the only wrestler that left that has gone after this doctor. I haven't heard someone like Rio or other talk of having problems with the doctor.

He's certainly the first to go after a specific doctor, but there's years and years of wrestlers talking about working through injures under threat of losing their 'spot' if they took time off.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Punk didn't even mention him by name did he?

It doesn't matter, Amann was connected as the doctor in question from the beginning. You don't need to ID someone by name if everyone knows who you are talking about.

Del Rio left because of racism.
I know but he spilled all the dirt he had and never said anything about this horrible doctor. If he was that bad I assume someone would come out to back Punk's claim.

He's certainly the first to go after a specific doctor, but there's years and years of wrestlers talking about working through injures under threat of losing their 'spot' if they took time off.

Well that more managements problem, not the doctors.

mreddie

I know but he spilled all the dirt he had and never said anything about this horrible doctor. If he was that bad I assume someone would come out to back Punk's claim.

Well that more managements problem, not the doctors.

Interesting thing is that Del Rio never really got hurt as bad so I don't think he had the same treatment, unless the doctor was racist.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lawsuits, washed up guys clutching onto their former glory, young guys getting screwed over, Vince choosing who to push rather than the fans... This truly is the
newgen.jpg

Talamius

I'm sure the E is going to be thrilled to have Punk talking about backstage conditions and the wellness policy under oath.

Bet this goes away fast.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I would just like to let it be known to the court that Yokozuna shit himself once in the ring, and he was not on the Z Paks.

Limit

This is all leading to eventual Dr. Amann's in ring introduction. Wait till a month from now when he comes out to his titantron teaming up with Otunga wherein Otunga provides legal advice to defeated tag wrestlers in how to get matched up with easier teams and the doc provides health advice on how to recover from the beating.

Spoiler:
You recover by dawning a zpack.

BanGy.nz

Banned
This is all leading to eventual Dr. Amann's in ring introduction. Wait till a month from now when he comes out to his titantron teaming up with Otunga wherein Otunga provides legal advice to defeated tag wrestlers in how to get matched up with easier teams and the doc provides health advice on how to recover from the beating.

Spoiler:
You recover by dawning a zpack.

I will be sad when this doesn't happen.

styl3s

100% cash grab.

He knows WWE will pay to make him go away. CM Punk didn't wait a year after he left and made up a story of a doctor being shitty and you believe otherwise i suggest seeing your doctor and getting a z-pack.

Punk isn't stupid, Doctor isn't stupid. And it's widely known how "great" wwe docs are.

Realyn

I don't know about Cena or Orton, but old guys from the 80s and 90s have said the Wellness policy is fucking hardcore

This has to be parody. The name "Wellness program" started with the death of Eddy in 2006. Also, the WWE had major steroid problems starting around 1991. It was all over the news. And it certainly didn't stop after the trials.

edit: think it was 1991 and not 1992. Also, for reference: 2003 Batista.. Or what about 2004?.

To be clear, it certainly changed after the deaths of Eddy and Benoit. The likes of Orton, HHH or Edge would be a prime example.

Zoolader

That would be cool if dirt about Cena and others on the roster using steroids gets exposure from this trial. It bothers me when people straight up lie about that stuff.

This has to be parody. The name "Wellness program" started with the death of Eddy in 2006. Also, the WWE had major steroid problems starting around 1991. It was all over the news. And it certainly didn't stop after the trials.

edit: think it was 1991 and not 1992. Also, for reference: 2003 Batista.. Or what about 2004?.

To be clear, it certainly changed after the deaths of Eddy and Benoit. The likes of Orton, HHH or Edge would be a prime example.

Or what about Vince McMahon 2015?

B-E_YnrIMAA6hih.jpg:large

Now, I might be remembering this wrong.

But didn't Punk say he went to another doctor after this whole debacle and they were the ones telling him he had the staph infection? Wouldn't he be able to use that as proof that what he said wasn't a lie?

The accusation is that Brooks didn't seek treatment from Amann.Having proof that he sought treatment elsewhere doesn't prove that he spoke to Amann or that it was as severe as he described it to be if/when he allegedly did.

I don't see why Brooks would lie and its going to be hard to demonstrate intent to harm.

The accusation is that Brooks didn't seek treatment from Amann.Having proof that he sought treatment elsewhere doesn't prove that he spoke to Amann or that it was as severe as he described it to be if/when he allegedly did.

I don't see why Brooks would lie and its going to be hard to demonstrate intent to harm.

Assuming Punk's story is true, I'm sure the doctor that treated him would be willing to testify on how severe the infection was and could give an estimate on how long Punk had it. It would be hard to believe that the WWE or Amann did not know about a staph infection that one of their employees had for months, so there's that. But it still doesn't 100% prove Punk sought treatment from Amann.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

No, it was like that before. Dan Spivey, Kevin Nash(who was the golden boy for Vince at the time) , Doink, and almost all the New Generation guys said they got checked all the time at random. That 'white coats' would be at shows before they even got there, and you couldn't get out of being checked. I don't know how it went before the brand split, but guys who are close to T riple H saying they were tested all the time meant they were tested all the time.

Keep in mind, they woudln't lie about this because they openly admitted no one got tested in WCW. That it was always a hardcore WWF thing. So no, it's not a 'parody.' The steroid scandal had the roster on constant alert. Why do you think Luger was pushed so heavily? Because he was under a bodybuilder contract and didn't have to get tested.

Just look at Hollywood Hogan vs Hogan at WM 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom