• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE's Dr. Chris Amann Files Lawsuit Against CM Punk And Colt Cabana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meltzer said this;

There's a reason this all came out.

WWE lost round one to a guy they now believe beat them at their own game and they can't say that so this is what they are doing.

When they settled, they thought he had them dead to rights. Now they think he outworked them and they don't take that as well.

Thoughts about who wins the court case is missing the entire point. It's never going to trial. It's about revenge for them being worked into caving early. At least that's their version. They have to use the doctor because they can't sue.

But they absolutely believe they are in the right.

I still believe that Punk's at least partially correct. Amann just seems like a formality for the company, and not actually there to ensure the wellbeing of the wrestlers.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I still believe that Punk's at least partially correct. Amann just seems like a formality for the company, and not actually there to ensure the wellbeing of the wrestlers.

Punk isn't there for anyone else's well-being either, so let's not view him as being particularly noble.

Sheroking

Well, it's definitely true that there is no "baseball size growth" on his back. Punk exaggerting or lying wouldn't surprise me.

Still, not sure this is a battle worth fighting.

These zoomed in shots of Punk's ass are hilarious.

Great video.

Well, it's definitely true that there is no "baseball size growth" on his back. Punk exaggerting or lying wouldn't surprise me.

A doctor's reputation is very important. I think Amann's lawsuit is fair. I don't think WWE should be publicly involved in the matter though.

BigDug13

These zoomed in shots of Punk's ass are hilarious.

Great video.

A doctor's reputation is very important. I think Amann's lawsuit is fair. I don't think WWE should be publicly involved in the matter though.

Who cares if he exaggerated the size. If the doctor truly ignored the signs of a staff infection that a subsequent doctor was able to diagnose immediately based on symptoms and a quick glance at the region, then the doctor deserves the shit talking.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

A lot of it is likely internal. That plus it being under his tights probably makes it hard to see. I don't doubt that it being "baseball size" is still an exaggeration though. It's been a while since I've heard that Punk podcast, so I don't remember how literally "baseball sized" was meant to be taken.

WWE's probably getting involved because WWE instigated their doc into suing him so they can get at Punk indirectly without leaving themselves open to as much legal scrutiny. Proxy lawsuit, basically.

pants

Punk isn't there for anyone else's well-being either, so let's not view him as being particularly noble.

One is a doctor, one is a sports entertainer. I dont understand why you would think him not being there for other's well being is a slight against him, as it would be for a doctor, someone employed to look out for the well being off their staff.

mreddie

tumblr_lu9uweuNUZ1qbshoco1_500.gif

So WWE is butt centric now?

The silly thing about WWE's rebuttal of the claims, saying that Punk never spoke to them about him have a Staff infection and them having no records of the fact is that it doesnt in any way disprove what Punk has said.

We were told that he told the doctor what it was and the doctor repeatedly said that it wasnt a staff infection and it was just some fatty deposits and he had to have the Z pack for its treatment. In that case, all the records would have ever said is that he had fatty deposits, not 'Patient suggested it was a staff infection but it wasnt and so i treated him for this instead'.

I dont know all the facts but i would be willing to bet that they just didnt want him to stop working at the time and so lied to him about his condition and just secretly treated the staff infection but claiming they were treating something else.

tchocky

The silly thing about WWE's rebuttal of the claims, saying that Punk never spoke to them about him have a Staff infection and them having no records of the fact is that it doesnt in any way disprove what Punk has said.

We were told that he told the doctor what it was and the doctor repeatedly said that it wasnt a staff infection and it was just some fatty deposits and he had to have the Z pack for its treatment. In that case, all the records would have ever said is that he had fatty deposits, not 'Patient suggested it was a staff infection but it wasnt and so i treated him for this instead'.

I dont know all the facts but i would be willing to bet that they just didnt want him to stop working at the time and so lied to him about his condition and just secretly treated the staff infection but claiming they were treating something else.

The doctor is claiming Punk never showed him a bump and he prescribed no antibiotics for a bump or concussion.

Mengetsu

So if the Podcast wasn't it this will be the nail in the coffin that Punk ain't coming back to the WWE after this. Vince could of just told the doctor to let it go and pay him off because they lost one suit against Punk already. That WWE statement just tells me that they don't give a shit about him at all lying or not. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

So if the Podcast wasn't it this will be the nail in the coffin that Punk ain't coming back to the WWE after this. Vince could of just told the doctor to let it go and pay him off because they lost one suit against Punk already. That WWE statement just tells me that they don't give a shit about him at all lying or not. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

It's also possible that the WWE is using Amann as a proxy for their own devices.

i feel like punk is the sort of guy who could come out and say 'yeah i lied' after this and think that means he's still the most honest and real guy ever

but i dunno if he lied or not obviously, will just casually watch and see what happens from afar.

Sounds like they are wasting their time to me. They should be concentrating on improving their products which is in dire need of major improvement. Heck, I doubt that doctor was planning to go and do anything outside the WWE anyway.

This is probably top priority for Vince above the show. He loves having petty fights. I bet he wastes several hours of tv time on this.

FyreWulff

So the WWE is trying to use the Doctor as a proxy, and they're trying to bury the concussion side of it and get people to focus on the lump.

zychi

Banned
Nice. The infection was on his lower spine and the others see and confirm the scar. The WWE video shows CM Punk's upper waist back area. Silly company. They should simply shut up.

Gosh, AJ looks gorgeous. Lucky SOB.

AJ being one of the best diva champiions of all time, and not even getting a mic, shows how little respect actual wrestling fans have for the divas division. Hilarious.

tchocky

b83d3rWl.jpg

From Twitter.

Wrestling Observer/Figure 4 Weekly on the photo.

If you've seen the photo floating around of CM Punk wrestling Ryback with a noticeable discolored lump on his lower back, it's real. The one that's being posted everywhere is from the Punk vs. Curtis Axel and Paul Heyman match at Night of Champions 2013, and it's on WWE.com in the next day's Raw preview. It's a cropped version of this photo #34, the next to last one from the gallery for the PPV match. It's the only photo from that match that shows the area clearly.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Is Punk a doctor whose sole job it is to monitor and treat people to improve their well being?

No. But the insinuation he's doing this to better others lives is ridiculous. He took the WWE to task for a pay-off. Punk isn't trying to expose WWE or improve conditions for people there. And he has no obligation to. Yet people still see him as David vs Goliath.

No. But the insinuation he's doing this to better others lives is ridiculous. He took the WWE to task for a pay-off. Punk isn't trying to expose WWE or improve conditions for people there. And he has no obligation to. Yet people still see him as David vs Goliath.
None of this has to do with what Punk is doing for the well-being of others. I don't know where you read this out of something. It's not a logical or relevant critique of his behavior in this situation.

BigDug13

Nobody else is willing to throw rocks at Goliath. David's personal motivation for slaying Goliath could have been for personal gain and he still would be praised by the others who were oppressed.

tchocky

Can you see it in the match video? Seems like something that would have come up by now...

I can't see anything in the video. He got hit with a kendo stick a bunch in that match so it could just be a bruise off that.The scar he showed in the radio interview is closer to the middle of his lower back than the mark from the pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom