• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE's Dr. Chris Amann Files Lawsuit Against CM Punk And Colt Cabana

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchocky

WWE release statement.

WWE Addresses CM Punk’s Allegations

In light of CM Punk’s allegations regarding WWE’s medical staff and the subsequent defamation lawsuit filed by Dr. Amann against CM Punk, WWE continues to have the utmost confidence in the ability and expertise of our world-class team of physicians, including Dr. Amann.

CM Punk claimed this past November that during the Royal Rumble pay-per-view event on January 26, 2014 he performed with a baseball-sized, purple lump on his back located near the waistband of his tights.

WWE’s investigation has shown the following:

CM Punk did not discuss this alleged condition with WWE’s team of physicians and trainers, nor did he discuss it with anyone in our Talent Relations department.
Subsequently, WWE has no medical records documenting this alleged condition.
The first time WWE was made aware of this alleged condition was when we received a letter from CM Punk’s attorney on August 22, 2014 after WWE terminated his contract.
There is clear video evidence from the 2014 Royal Rumble, which allows all to decide whether there is any appearance of a baseball-sized growth on CM Punk’s back

Click here to see match

knkng

I like that WWE made a little investigative video. I like Punk and everything, but it doesn't look like there's anything on his back here.

Savitar

I'm not sure about Vince but I can totally see Steph and Hunter wanting to fully go after Punk.

Be curious to see what happens considering the WWE previously acting like they could do anything before Punks victory over them in the courts showed the WWE usually didn't have a leg to stand on this could end badly for them again.

They do tend to live in a world where they think they are always right and can get away with breaking the rules despite crying about when they feel screwed over.

Font and centre on WWE.com as well.

Was about time WWE responded to that medical stuff. Seemed to be the biggest issue from the Cobana podcast.

Arent a few other ex WWE guys currently trying to sue WWE for making them work with concussions and stuff as well? I think they are all pre Benoit so the company didnt give a fuck back then compared to know where they at least try and look like they give a fuck

GolazoDan

Font and centre on WWE.com as well.

Was about time WWE responded to that medical stuff. Seemed to be the biggest issue from the Cobana podcast.

Arent a few other ex WWE guys currently trying to sue WWE for making them work with concussions and stuff as well? I think they are all pre Benoit so the company didnt give a fuck back then compared to know where they at least try and look like they give a fuck
There's one wrestler who was a developmental guy who might have a case but there's also Big Vito, who wrestled in WWE for like a couple of years and spent most of that doing comedy where he wore a dress. He had a long career in ECW and WCW before that and has wrestled for year after he left WWE so I don't think he's got any chance.

There's also Billy Jack Haynes suing WWE for something but he's an absolute lunatic.

Sounds like we've got ourselves a fight.

I hope Punk wasn't lying and he crushes this shit to the ground. I have no problem with the WWE and Vinny Mac getting taken down another peg or six.

Either way, super interested.

Judge Steiner residing.

tumblr_n3fb79usGR1ql0k28o1_500.gif

Big One

Banned
Wait is WWE outright denying they didn't know about the staph infection? I find it hard to believe considering these guys constantly get check-ups after matches backstage. Where do you think they get the ice packs from?

WWE is notorious for making guys work hurt cause of the notion of toughness and durability in the business.

MC Safety

I believe this will be settled out of court for a respectable sum.

There's no way around it: If Punk was treated with antibiotics, there's a paper trail leading to the WWE doctor or another physician.

I did find it strange that Punk was supposedly near death when he finally decided to see "Ape's" personal doctor who came in and saved the day....if WWE's docs were so incompetent why didn't you have your own personal doctor jut like, oh gee I don't know, YOUR WIFE?

knkng

I believe this will be settled out of court for a respectable sum.

There's no way around it: If Punk was treated with antibiotics, there's a paper trail leading to the WWE doctor or another physician.

But the doctor is suing Punk. If Punk is being truthful, why would he settle?

I did find it strange that Punk was supposedly near death when he finally decided to see "Ape's" personal doctor who came in and saved the day....if WWE's docs were so incompetent why didn't you have your own personal doctor jut like, oh gee I don't know, YOUR WIFE?
Hey, one of those doctors, Doc Samson, saved Jerry "The King" Lawler's life.

knkng

I don't think you know how lawsuits work.

So then enlighten me?

I'm guessing that he's saying the doctor/WWE would settle the countersuit if it's discovered Punk has the upper hand, but wouldn't it have to go to trial first for the relevant information to come out?

So then enlighten me?

I'm guessing that he's saying the doctor/WWE would settle the countersuit if it's discovered Punk has the upper hand, but wouldn't it have to go to trial first for the relevant information to come out?

Punk could always counter-sue. We barely know any of the facts. It's completely hearsay at this point. If something comes out that completely destroys the other side's argument, there probably will be a settlement. Actually, I am 90% sure this will either be thrown out or settled. Shit like this never goes to court.

knkng

Punk could always counter-sue. We barely know any of the facts. It's completely hearsay at this point. If something comes out that completely destroys the other side's argument, there probably will be a settlement. Actually, I am 90% sure this will either be thrown out or settled. Shit like this never goes to court.

I see. That would be a shame. Settlements always seem to have a clause where you can't discuss the terms. It would be nice to definitively know what's really going on with this whole situation.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
pretty sure everyone knew wwe would pull the we dont have any medical documentation of the staph infection. because going by punk your doctor didnt know what the fuck it was so he couldnt document it.

Ninhead

I don't know if any of you listen to MLW, but they talked a bit about it today on their new episode.

WWE backing Amann, essentially, doesn't make a lot of sense on their part. The discovery process of the suit on Colt/Punk's behalf means that the 'E has to open their medical records. I can't really see them wanting to do that. Any questionable treatment can be subpoenaed. And there's kinda no way that Punk/Colt don't countersue, which will only exacerbate things more. It's a pretty ponderous situation.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Would the absence of documentation by the WWE really be enough proof in a civil context? Especially if Punk does have documentation of being treated for staph at another doctor?

I don't think he said he had a staph infection and WWE doctors deliberately mistreated it, just that they didn't catch it and he could have died because of it, and it was upseetting, as he depends on these doctors during his 300+ days of travel in a year to look after him and the other wrestlers properly.

antonz

I don't know if any of you listen to MLW, but they talked a bit about it today on their new episode.

WWE backing Amann, essentially, doesn't make a lot of sense on their part. The discovery process of the suit on Colt/Punk's behalf means that the 'E has to open their medical records. I can't really see them wanting to do that. Any questionable treatment can be subpoenaed. And there's kinda no way that Punk/Colt don't countersue, which will only exacerbate things more. It's a pretty ponderous situation.

I don't think WWE has a choice. If they fired the doctor or threw him under the bus there is no way they could claim they were ignorant of the conditions talent was performing under with their personal doctor being at the center of it all. Firing the doctor would more or less be an admission of guilt on the entire corporation. They really have now way to be neutral

If proven Punks story is true he could then turn and say WWE knowing fully well the condition he was being made to perform in is just as negligent as the doctor. Doctor's suit actually opens up a Pandora's box in a big way

styl3s

Would the absence of documentation by the WWE really be enough proof in a civil context? Especially if Punk does have documentation of being treated for staph at another doctor?

I don't think he said he had a staph infection and WWE doctors deliberately mistreated it, just that they didn't catch it and he could have died because of it, and it was upseetting, as he depends on these doctors during his 300+ days of travel in a year to look after him and the other wrestlers properly.
I assume the doctor had to of prescribed all this shit to Punk and if that's the case, his insurance and records will collaborate his story when it came to getting all those z-packs and antibiotics. Will also have records from going to another doctor and the scar he has from that shit will easily be confirmed by a doctor.

Unless Punk outright lied the doctor has 0 case against him and why would Punk, again, wait a year and bash a doctor with no proof? He's not stupid.

Fox318

I hope Punk is able to sue the company and the doctor into oblivion.

Wrestlers need a union and they need it now more than ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom