• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBlaze Code: Embryo |OT| - More Blaze, Less Blue

Volcynika

uctLMJL.png

kFhFbuF.png

The protagonist, Touya Kagari, is a resident of Shin Yokozaki City and a sophomore at the prestigious Hakuou North Academy. An earnest and responsible young man, Touya appears to be no more than your average high school student.

While returning from his part-time job, he heard a mysterious sound coming from the depths of the Restricted Ward, an area off-limits to unauthorized personnel due to a horrible disaster that happened there ten years ago…

His curiosity having gotten the best of him, Touya ventured ever deeper into the ruins of the ward, eventually coming across a man who appeared to be gravely injured. Concerned, Touya rushed to his side, asking if he was okay and if he needed any help.

But as Touya approached, the man suddenly stood up and attacked, screaming, “You’re an enemy!” And in the midst of invisible ringing bells, psychotic strangers, exploding walls of flame, and almost certain death, a small, cute girl with an enormous sword came charging in…

And despite her frilly, fragile appearance, her battle prowess was beyond reason or doubt. The name of Touya’s savior was Es, a soldier belonging to the Mitsurugi Agency.

Seithr, Drives, Unions, and secretive organizations…

Yanked from the comfort of his everyday life, Touya was forced head-long into a world where the threat of death was everywhere and even allies could be his downfall…

The wheel of fate has begun to turn…

And the story of the Azure, and that of Touya Kagari and the mysterious girl Es, began.

FYD1Dd8.png

XhnwyRO.jpg
cGezwQx.jpg

8Oxb8AL.png

• From the creators and publisher of the BlazBlue series comes a visual novel prequel set 150 years before the events in BlazBlue!
  • Play a new type of visual novel where it's not about the choices you make, but the information you gather!
  • TOi System - Rather than choices, XBlaze Code Embryo has an inventive new system that affects the storyline! How you gather information will dictate the path and ending you get.
  • Branching storylines offer multiple paths and endings.

Dsyu5vC.png

blEybJo.png
amM8o8h.png

a0FDVV0.png
Fh10JUF.png

Ujq2RtE.png
WNbBwqO.png

GXNOgZm.png

tCr6WNT.png

• To be added as they arrive

fQ1ow1W.png

• Question: Do I need to have played the BlazBlue games to understand the story here?
  • Answer: No, you do not! The references to elements in the BlazBlue universe are there for fans, and not needed to comprehend the story. It's just supplemental, not required knowledge.
  • Question: Which version should I get?
  • Answer: That's up to you! Would you rather have it on the go or on the big screen! They are both the same price ($39.99) and the PlayStation 3 version is 720p and Vita is 640p.
  • Question: Does this game have cross-save or the same trophy list?
  • Answer: Definite no for cross-save and it doesn't appear both versions use the same trophy list.
  • Question: What voices are available for the game?
  • Answer: Just a Japanese dub only, no English VA available.
  • Question: Multiple endings? Aw man, do I have to read a lot of text over and over?
  • Answer: Yes, but text you've already seen you can skip through pretty quickly. Zoom, zoom, zoom!

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Awesome, OT :D!

And yeah, the game ships to stores and releases on PSN next Tuesday, 6/24 in the US!

For both PS3/VITA of course! And demos for both versions are currently available on PSN, if you'd like to take a sneak peek! :)

Shizuka

How is the mystery compared to, say Umineko no Naku Koro ni? How is the game for those that don't know (or don't really care for) Blazblue?

bigkrev

I was hyped on the game when the demo dropped, but totally forgot it existed in the near 2 months since then. Probably going to skip out on this and wait for a digital price drop

Gameboy415

Awesome, OT :D!

And yeah, the game ships to stores and releases on PSN next Tuesday, 6/24 in the US!

For both PS3/VITA of course! And demos for both versions are currently available on PSN, if you'd like to take a sneak peek! :)

Cool, I'll be sure to check em out! :)

Also, is the release date 6/24 or 7/24 in the US??
The OP currently says 7/24...

Volcynika

Apparently some people on GameFAQs are saying their GameStops have it on shelves and such. Even the website is shipping now it seems.

antibolo

Banned
I tried the demo and it seems pretty bad.

My body is ready for visual novels. No, really. Especially on portable systems. But this doesn't seem like a worthwhile one. It seems too busy with doing anime tropes and not enough being actually good storywriting.

And being tied to the BlazBlue canon is a big turnoff. I like the BlazBlue games but the story is just nonsense.

Also the main protagonist just pissed me off. Does he stop being such a whiny bitch, hopefully early enough in the story?

Still I have to praise Aksys on having the balls to not only localize visual novels, but also do full retail releases, even on Vita. Especially this game. How many people are going to buy it thinking it's a fighting game??

Tizoc

I expect digital to be 1.5 GB like the JPN ver. I want retail but the digital price is tempting...maybe I'll get it digital and if I end up liking it, get a retail copy for cheap down the line. I'll check my local shop to see if they have a copy of the game or if they can get one.

kunstClick

Neo Member
Maaaan, there's a lot of interesting unique looking Japanese game coming out in the U.S. this year but no mention of EU releases anywhere... I think I'll need to hit up eBay.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
The PSN version is now available for both PS3 and VITA on the SEN Store :)

There is currently a 1 week PSN launch sale going on with the following discounts: (Normally $39.99)

Regular users: $33.99
PS PLUS users: $27.19

Also, the first 14 PS3 premium themes are available on PSN!

XBlaze Themes

A little azure bird told me that next week we might see the next batch of "aquatic" themes :3 Stay tuned!

And for those that prefer physical, the game is now shipping and may already be available at some retailers~

Got my physical copy of the Vita edition so woo.

Was surprised to see something in the game box besides the game itself.
Even if it is just an ad for BlazBlue and Guilty Gear :p

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Preordered this a couple of weeks ago. Although I won't be able to play it until I come back from vacation. Still pretty excited.

Since you're here I might as well ask: when will Guilty Gear Xrd be up for preorder in Canada?

Shizuka

I've been reading on NISA Forums and GameFAQs that the game crashes during the gag route. Aksys should get a patch out if that's stopping people from clearing the game.

Hag

The PSN version is now available for both PS3 and VITA on the SEN Store :)

There is currently a 1 week PSN launch sale going on with the following discounts: (Normally $39.99)

Regular users: $33.99
PS PLUS users: $27.19

Also, the first 14 PS3 premium themes are available on PSN!

XBlaze Themes

A little azure bird told me that next week we might see the next batch of "aquatic" themes :3 Stay tuned!

And for those that prefer physical, the game is now shipping and may already be available at some retailers~

Any chances for PSN avatars like Muramasa? Aksys pls

I'm in episode 5, and so far it's the humor that is making this. The writing is pretty standard stuff otherwise.

It also some very nice production values for a visual novel.

Tizoc

Damn hope that glitch gets fixed soon for Vita :/

Still in chapter 1 but a few things:
1- I am hating the female characters already
2-
Young teenage girl using technobabble is really annoying and makes me not take that character seriously or find them interesting

xXDGFXx

Neo Member
Please no. :(

Yea, in the gag route, any attempt to save around 3-3 will crash the game immediately. Auto-save or manual save will produce the same results. If you manual save, your save will say it's where you saved before crash but it's really the save you "overwrote" or an empty slot. If you want to complete the route, auto-save must be off before 3-3. Any attempts to save after will crash as well.

The slang... oh god, if not for the Japanese audio, I would have lost my mind...

Tizoc

Sigh oh Mei
I actually started to like you, then I meet you at school and I detest what you are.
Unomaru is fabulous and hilarious though.

Top Bottom