• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Madden '11 Pre-season tournament: Because we need something to do

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Miguel said:
troynolan.png

<3 Nolan
40498_425507571177_76695821177_4669690_5331031_n.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Can I just advance without playing DM?

WellingtonGAF 10:19 pm
Lets go!
what are the settings
all madden 6 minutes?
dmczafx23 10:19 pm
check the thread
WellingtonGAF 10:20 pm
we playing or no fucker
dmczafx23 10:20 pm
you dont even know the settings!
WellingtonGAF 10:20 pm
why check if we arent going to play!
you're like a woman, just answer the question asked of you
that's all I need!
dmczafx23 10:21 pm
and you still dont know the settings!
WellingtonGAF 10:21 pm
WHY would I check if i am not even certain we are going to play
jesus christ

Still no answer from DM.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ramirez said:
Lonestar quit on me for some reason, I guess he didn't take kind to the fake punt, oh well.

:lol

Ramirez

Now you guys know me, I've never been one to cheese, but the fake punt came up on the screen when it was 4th down, so I was like what the heck. There was only 15 seconds left, I had no TO's and was no where near FG range yet. It was more of a I just didn't want to give the ball back since I got it back at half anyways.

The game wasn't going his way though(early on rather, he had just scored with ease prior to this drive for me), so maybe that just pushed him over the edge. If I offended you, I'm sorry.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FrenchMovieTheme said:
did he message you that he was thinking about quitting the game after every adverse play?
He wanted to win reeeal bad. Felt wrong to attempt to stand in his way.

Though, he should be ok with quitting in the middle of something.

Ramirez

Lonestar said:
He wanted to win reeeal bad. Felt wrong to attempt to stand in his way.

Though, he should be ok with quitting in the middle of something.

I guess the last part is a NCAA joke? I finished the season, why u mad?

That's like the first fake punt I've ever ran, sheesh, didn't know it would be that big of a deal.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Ramirez said:
I guess the last part is a NCAA joke? I finished the season, why u mad?

That's like the first fake punt I've ever ran, sheesh, didn't know it would be that big of a deal.
No big deal, was going to do something like this at some point in the game.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
FMT I beat DM but we don't know if the adjusted bracket is the real one or the last one you posted.
... well, we could fix it by making livewire play cold. It's like a main even before all the main events!

Tourney A:
fmt @ deebo
somnia @ dmchump/wellington???
coldblooded @ birdman
miguel @ nightz
eznark @ bigat
crow @ rors
airbrian @ denogg
dcx @ sanjuro

Tourney B:
somnia @ rors
lonestar @ ramirez
kaveman @ daw
goldlion @ fmt
gcq @ smokey
Livewire @ coldblooded
wellington @ dmczaf
sableholic @ matrix

[edit]Fixed A.
[edit2]Maybe not.
[edit3]Deebo says fixed.
[edit4]What'sgoingon?!
[edit5]Guess Friday ended the same way on GAF. Tough luck, Deebo.
[edit6]Deebo resurrection.

daw840

Kaveman, I really apologize. I have been out and about all fucking day doing shit. I will post again in the morning when I get up and we can roll then. Should be like 10am CST.

Miguel

DMczaf said:
I wonder how pissed he's going to be when he finds out it's not part of the tournament.

top-10-ways-to-flirt-with-a-woman-sexually_10.jpg

"Don't let that douchebag treat you that way. You deserve better... Let's get out of here"

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DMczaf said:
I wonder how pissed he's going to be when he finds out it's not part of the tournament.
I don't get what you are going on about. With the exception of what Rors posted above, you were never mentioned to play Somnia. Look at all the posts between Rors and Nightz on the previous few pages. I played and won both of my games per FMT's brackets.

Matrix we can play sometime tomorrow if you're around.

GG: Somnia, Antrel Rolle is such a monster at S.

Miguel

Current results:
Rorschach said:
Tourney A:
fmt @ deebo
coldblooded @ birdman
miguel @ nightz
eznark @ bigat
crow @ rors
mig @ gusgasm
airbrian @ denogg
dcx @ sanjuro

Tourney B:
somnia @ rors
lonestar @ ramirez
kaveman @ daw
gusgasm @ mig
goldlion @ fmt
gcq @ smokey
Livewire @ coldblooded
wellington @ dmczaf
sableholic @ matrix

Rorschach

BigAT/Ram: whenever, mayne. Lemme know.

[edit] Stop fucking it up mig...

REAL BRACKET

Tourney A:
fmt @ deebo
coldblooded @ birdman
miguel @ nightz
eznark @ bigat
crow @ rors
airbrian @ denogg
dcx @ sanjuro

Tourney B:
somnia @ rors
lonestar @ ramirez
kaveman @ daw
goldlion @ fmt
gcq @ smokey
Livewire @ coldblooded
wellington @ dmczaf
sableholic @ matrix

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DMczaf said:
According to FMT's brackets, I had 2 games. I want my 2nd game, I'm taking someone's game!
Here is FMT's last bracket that he posted:

fmt @ livewire
somnia @ wellington
coldblooded @ birdman
miguel @ nightz
eznark @ bigat
crow @ rors
airbrian @ denogg
dcx @ sanjuro

Tourney B:
somnia @ rors
lonestar @ ramirez
kaveman @ daw
goldlion @ fmt
gcq @ smokey
dm @ coldblooded
wellington @ dm
lamerz @ matrix

I have two games as well, don't steal mine.

The problem was that you could have played yourself, which won't happen now anyway. For some reason some cockamaimy plan was concocted to switch players around. Why not just swap CBs game from Tourney A with the one in Tourney B and just keeping shit simple?

So it would be:

fmt @ livewire
somnia @ wellington
dm @ coldblooded
miguel @ nightz
eznark @ bigat
crow @ rors
airbrian @ denogg
dcx @ sanjuro

Tourney B:
somnia @ rors
lonestar @ ramirez
kaveman @ daw
goldlion @ fmt
gcq @ smokey
coldblooded @ birdman
wellington @ dm
lamerz @ matrix

Problem COMPLETELY solved with a mere copy/paste job. These aren't hard brackets, we could just easily move them. Done. Can we move on?

Miguel

Rorschach said:
BigAT/Ram: whenever, mayne. Lemme know.

[edit] Stop fucking it up mig...

REAL BRACKET

twoface02.jpg

Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It's fair!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
fmt @ livewire
somnia @ wellington
dm @ coldblooded
miguel @ nightz
eznark @ bigat
crow @ rors
airbrian @ denogg
dcx @ sanjuro

Tourney B:
somnia @ rors
lonestar @ ramirez
kaveman @ daw
goldlion @ fmt
gcq @ smokey
coldblooded @ birdman
wellington @ dm
lamerz @ matrix

Wow @ Homefield advantage.

Rorschach

lamerz didn't exist in the new bracket, that's why. Matrix wanted to play someone, so sable was added. Lamerz was switched to play fmt and then that was replaced by DM. Big deal. You guys are such drama queens.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wellington said:
I don't get what you are going on about. With the exception of what Rors posted above, you were never mentioned to play Somnia. Look at all the posts between Rors and Nightz on the previous few pages. I played and won both of my games per FMT's brackets.

Matrix we can play sometime tomorrow if you're around.

GG: Somnia, Antrel Rolle is such a monster at S.

Yea I can lose today whenever you want :(

Matrix

Rorschach said:
lamerz didn't exist in the new bracket, that's why. Matrix wanted to play someone, so sable was added. Lamerz was switched to play fmt and then that was replaced by DM. Big deal. You guys are such drama queens.

He pm'ed me this morning saying he could only play tonight and if I couldn't he would need to forfeit. Well I can't play tonight so now I'm glad I was able to play Sable.

Matrix

CK I'll be free pretty much all day till 7 pm est.

daw840

Kaveman, I am going up to get my hair cut. I should be back in about 30-45 minutes. I can play then! Just post if your around

Matrix

Yep, I can play now.

You hosting?

Matrix

K, im online.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
daw840 said:
Ok...apparently the hair cut place doesn't open for another hour. You around now Kave?

Naah I'm just heading out now. I'm playing in a baseball tourney. I won't be able to play until around 7pm eastern time.

But I'm good to play anytime between 7pm and 1am today, otherwise anytime tomorrow from 9pm to 1am.

Matrix

GG, CK.

Its amazing how you can get beat badly by HBs and nothing more. Fucking truck with speed who won't go down. I think I need to stop trying to manual tackle in this years version, I just whiff.

I also seem to give up a kick return td once a game unless I kick it deep into the end zone.

Also kicking still sucks and will always suck. CK missed two or three extra points.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
GG, CK.

Its amazing how you can get beat badly by HB and nothing more. Fucking truck with speed who won't go down. I think I need to stop trying to manual tackle in this years version, I just whiff.
GG. I agree with the manual tackling issue. The slight hesitation after you switch due to lag or whatever it is screws up the timing.

Your offense is amazing, I was having fits trying to stop it. Thankfully the refs were on my side with two crucial holding calls. Chris Johnson and a Vince Young who is apparently way more accurate than Eli, is a deadly combo.

Also, fuck kicking in this game. 2 missed PATs, 2 OOB kickoffs. I just don't understand what the problem is. They seem to have two separate timings for kickoff and FGs even tho I am using the same guy for both (Sorry AT, but I wanted to get the similar timing instead of swapping Dodge in for KOs). It really could have come back to bite me. I scored a TD to make it 10-13, but missed the PAT. Matrix hits an FG to tie it. I get another TD but miss the PAT again, now it's 13-19. Fucking stupid kick meter!

Top Bottom