• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Back Compat Super Sale, starts May 16, up to 75%+ off, 275+ titles

bender

What time is it?
Ended up with Skate 3, Blue Dragon, Geometry Wars 2, Space Giraffe, Red Dead, and Super Meat Boy. Bummed out about SoulCalibur and Virtua Fighter.

I know they aren't on sale but are any of the Skate 3 DLC packs worth looking into?

Xbudz

I wonder how many people who already own Blue Dragon on disc are going to spend the $5 just to avoid having to put it in. I know I did, lol

Bought Ghostbusters and Blue Dragon for now, sure I'll be tempted by a lot more before this is done. Awesome sale.

Now they will announce the entire back catalog is part of Game Pass lol.

Such a great sale. Though I'm shocked Sega has very little on sale, I do see a ton of Neo Geo titles I missed.

GAF! I need your wisdom!

1. Any deal on Xbox cards right now?
2. What is the difference between plain Portal and Still alive? Is it worth the dough?
3. The same goes for Bomberman Live and Battlefest?

Thanks all!

DarkCloud

I've got a few bc games but I'm looking to stock up in this sale. A lot of these games I haven't played before. What are some of your guys gems/picks?

I've seen shadows of the damned and Alice madness returns mentioned a lot as ones to pick up...what's so special about them?

Really want to support this sale eh!

Get Ghostbusters if you're a fan of the series. It's basically Ghostbusters 3.

MarkusRJR

Ended up buying the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass, Rayman 3 HD, and Shadows of the Damned. Might consider getting Dead Space 2 and 3 but my backlog is already so big.

Also, why have I never heard about Rayman 3 existing before? I played Rayman 1, 2, Origins, and Legends near religiously yet I never knew there was a third game? Is it really bad or something?

Happy I waited on Symphony of the Night.....

Is there seriously no way to spend my $25 microsoft money to buy things from any of the websites or the xbox one store?

Falchion

Ended up buying the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass, Rayman 3 HD, and Shadows of the Damned. Might consider getting Dead Space 2 and 3 but my backlog is already so big.

Also, why have I never heard about Rayman 3 existing before? I played Rayman 1, 2, Origins, and Legends near religiously yet I never knew there was a third game? Is it really bad or something?

I would grab both Dead Spaces as well but I feel like it's only a matter of time before they're added to the EA Access Vault.

I don't see how you didn't know this was literally like on every platform back in the day even the game boy advance and had re-releases on PS3 and 360 digitally. No it's not bad but it's not as good as 2 honestly.

shandy706

Bought Toy Story 3, Hydro Thunder, and Capcom Arcade Cabinet.

Own everything else that's good I think. I'll recheck tomorrow.

Head.spawn

It sure would be great if they let you add multiple games to a cart and then check-out. Going one-by-one is a bit annoying; but damn, nice deals all around.

Fallout New Vegas
Read Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare Pack
Dead Space 2
Dead Space 3

Qwyjibo

Bought Catherine and Shadows of the Damned.

Neither are available on PC and I never got around to playing them on PS3 so I figure now would be a good time to add them to my backlog to be admired in my digital collection and never played.

This is the kind of sale where you can pick up Ghostbusters, Ikaruga, Small Arms, and Ticket To Ride for $10 total. TEN DOLLARS. That right there is an awesome deal.

I started to make a list of things I would "consider" buying from this list, and had to stop once I hit 15. This sale is nuts, and my wallet is going to hurt for it. There is just about something for every one on this list, and some of those $1.24 games are outright steals if you do not own them already *COUGH* Domino Master *COUGH*.

SpartanN92

Banned
Ughhhh why are Mass Effect 2/3 not downloadable titles???

Why does EA want me to play those games on a 360 for so badly? Those are the only two games saving my 360 from permanent retirement.

Ending up settling on:

- Orange Box
- Skullgirls
- Torchlight
- Ghostbusters: The Video Game

All that for $15, not bad at all.

I convinced myself that Shadows of the Damned and Alice would make it to the EA Access Vault eventually.

Sober

Any good co-op games in the BC sale? Looking to grab a couple so me and the gf have stuff to play. Thinking of the board game ports (Carcassone, TTR).

Is there any easy way to buy US only 360 games to play on my Xbox One? Can I change region on Xbox One and purchase them through there or anything?

Stupid Jurassic Park not being released in PAL. >_>

Also is R-Type Dimensions any good? I have a hankering to play some shmups suddenly for some reason.

statham

Orange Box is a amazing deal, you get Half-life 2 plus both expansion, portal and team fortress for $5

on Xbox One or 360.

Top Bottom