• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Back Compat Super Sale, starts May 16, up to 75%+ off, 275+ titles

Ughhhh why are Mass Effect 2/3 not downloadable titles???

Why does EA want me to play those games on a 360 for so badly? Those are the only two games saving my 360 from permanent retirement.

They are backwards compatible - with the added bonus of not having to swap disks - but unfortunately, the only way to get digital copies of them is to subscribe to EA Access. It's a shame because Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon (among others) show that it is possible to repackage old multi-disc games for both Xbox One and 360.

Unison

I have a lot of xbox live cards I don't see any other use for, so I'm getting the following (bearing in mind that I have a lot of titles already):

Alice: Madness Returns
Bomberman Battlefest
Boom Boom Rocket
CAPCOM ARCADE CABINET
Catherine
Every Extend Extra Extreme
Final Fight: DblImpact
Gatling Gears
Ghostbusters
Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime
Guwange
Hexic 2
Ikaruga
Lazy Raiders
Midway Arcade Origins
Military Madness
NEOGEO BATTLE COLISEUM
NIN2-JUMP
Omega Five
Rayman 3 HD
Shadows of the Damned
Strania
Toy Story 3
Triggerheart Exelica

Is there a page I can get to online that'll show the box art of all the games on sale and their price?

I know there was a page that showed all backwards-compatible games and the price but now all I can get is box art of those backwards-compatible games, no price.

It's hard to look into specific titles that might interest me if I can't see box art and price for all things on sale like on the Playstation and Nintendo online shop pages.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
What was Battleblock Theatre like compared to Castle Crashers? Yes, I know they are different games but is the humour there and is it as enjoyable to play?

orborborb

Might I recommend the definitive version of the very underrated Rage, and my personal favorite incarnation of Lode Runner, available on no other platform.

Gator86

Orange Box is a amazing deal, you get Half-life 2 plus both expansion, portal and team fortress for $5

on Xbox One or 360.

Absolutely. I wound up picking up all the Valve games, even though I own Orange Box and Portal 2 on PS3. I don't want to deal with my PS3 anymore and the Xbox versions were better so I'm pretty pleased with it. Also, Left 4 Dead 2!

I already own a physical copy of Fable II but might buy digital to forgo the disc. I really wish we'll get a FII Anniversary, but that's a pipe dream after Lionhead got shutdown.

f@luS

More than a member.
bought fable 2/3/ deux ex / castlevania / lost odissey/ orange box / ikaruga for 30e

nice

How well does The Orange Box hold up...is it worth it for someone who has never played any of those games? How difficult are the puzzles in Portal? I generally am not a puzzle person at all.

What about the Fable games for someone who has never played Fable?

I tried Alan Wake on XB1 BC which I loved on PC. I was kind of appalled by the terrible image quality/resolution to be honest. Witcher 2 has a similar problem. Meanwhile, Rayman Origins looked phenomenal on XB1 BC.

How is the IQ in The Orange Box and Fable?

poodaddy

Picked up some goodies; NeoGeo Battle Coliseum, Shadows of the Damned, Plants Vs Zombies, Bomberman Battlefest, and I'm considering picking up Left For Dead 2 and Trials HD. Question though for some folks, if I've already got Trials Fusion, (which I adored and still play sometimes), is there any real reason to pick up Trials HD?

Oynox

There is some exceptional good stuff on this list. Especially because some of those titles were never reduced or never has been at a lower price tag.

Oh wow, nice sale. If I had a XBO, I'd buy some. Is it possible to set up an XBL account and buy some games without owning the console? I'd like to set up a US account but I'm based in the U.K.

Thanks.

Oynox

Considering:

Age of Booty (1.24, previous sales 2.49)
AC Rogue (6.59, previous sales 7.99)
Carcassonne (last sale September 2014)
de Blob 2
DOOM II
Fable II (4.99, previous sale 7.99)
Metal Slug
Oblivion (4.94, previous sale 7.94)
Prince of Persia Classic (last sale November 2015)
Shadows of the Damned (never been on sale)
Skate 3 (4.99, previous sales 9.99)
Skullgirls (never been on sale)
The Orange Box (last sale December 2015)
Worms 2 Armageddon

Oh wow, nice sale. If I had a XBO, I'd buy some. Is it possible to set up an XBL account and buy some games without owning the console? I'd like to set up a US account but I'm based in the U.K.

Thanks.

Yes. I made one months before I had a 360 or Xbox One to get the Alan Wake DLC free early last year. Ironically it remained always free.

It was tied to my Microsoft account though since I already had one of those.

I made a PSN account two months before I had a PS3 to buy games during a Halloween sale.

Kill3r7

Considering:

Age of Booty (1.24, previous sales 2.49)
AC Rogue (6.59, previous sales 7.99)
Carcassonne (never been on sale)
de Blob 2
DOOM II
Fable II (4.99, previous sale 7.99)
Metal Slug
Oblivion (4.94, previous sale 7.94)
Prince of Persia Classic (never been on sale)
Shadows of the Damned (never been on sale)
Skate 3 (4.99, previous sales 9.99)
Skullgirls (never been on sale)
The Orange Box (never been on sale)
Worms 2 Armageddon

Lots of these games have been on sale before. Keep in mind that store parser does not have a complete price history.

fisheyes

Interested in Lego Star Wars only to discover its the Games with Gold game anyway. Whats the shortest Gold membership I can use to get access to it?

Oynox

Lots of these games have been on sale before. Keep in mind that store parser does not have a complete price history.

Indeed, but those games were not on sale for a very long time, at least since the BC feature started, some titles even since the Xbox One release. In my opinion it is worth a note.

Carcassonne was on sale September 2014
The Orange Box December 2015
Prince of Persia November 2015

Shadows of the Damned and Skullgirls never been on sale at least as long XBLDB tracks it.

CRAIG667

I have many of the games on sale but I picked up

Alice the madness returns
RAGE
Dead Space 2 + 3
Skullgirls
Ikagura
Ghostbusters Sanctum of slime

I own a couple of those games on disc but digital is better for me as we have 3 Xbox 1's in our house.

Oynox

Am I being an idiot or is there no way to buy these games with Xbox live credit?

Unfortunately you can buy X360 games only with Credit Card or PayPal. Even the Xbox One store kind of simulates the xbox.com website and there it never was possible to buy games with credit or MSP.

Kill3r7

Indeed, but those games were not on sale for a very long time, at least since the BC feature started, some titles even since the Xbox One release. In my opinion it is worth a note.

Carcassonne was on sale September 2014
The Orange Box December 2015
Prince of Persia November 2015

Shadows of the Damned and Skullgirls never been on sale at least as long XBLDB tracks it.

Agreed.

im_dany

Thanks.

Prices are pretty much the same here (Euro currency), and the store is region locked for most 360 purchases unless you use a VPN (which is against XBL ToS). Just use the same one you have for Windows if you have one and complete the purchases through the website. Only downside is the website doesn't allow you to use credit, so you can only buy through Paypal/credit cards.

I picked up the two Ghostbusters games, Arkanoid Live and Dragon's Lair. Looking at Toy Story 3 (heard it's really good), Shadows of the Damned, Skullgirls, Rayman 3 HD, PoP Classic, DR2 Case West and Killer is Dead too.

cuilan

Loved this sale. Plenty of stuff I've been meaning to buy for years, but some never got discounted until now. My haul:

Strania
Strania DLC (full price)
Omega Five
R-Type Dimensions
Half-Minute Hero
Neo Geo Battle Coliseum
Earthworm Jim HD

Spent $20 total.

Already owned just about everything else I would have wanted.

Yes. I made one months before I had a 360 or Xbox One to get the Alan Wake DLC free early last year. Ironically it remained always free.

It was tied to my Microsoft account though since I already had one of those.

I made a PSN account two months before I had a PS3 to buy games during a Halloween sale.

Prices are pretty much the same here (Euro currency), and the store is region locked for most 360 purchases unless you use a VPN (which is against XBL ToS). Just use the same one you have for Windows if you have one and complete the purchases through the website. Only downside is the website doesn't allow you to use credit, so you can only buy through Paypal/credit cards.

I picked up the two Ghostbusters games, Arkanoid Live and Dragon's Lair. Looking at Toy Story 3 (heard it's really good), Shadows of the Damned, Skullgirls, Rayman 3 HD, PoP Classic, DR2 Case West and Killer is Dead too.
Thanks for the responses, guys. So I can already make purchases if I don't have an xBL account? I have a Microsoft account. If I do it through this, what happens if I create an XBL account in future? Does it get linked to my Microsoft account?

jelly

What Left4Dead is worth picking up on Xbox and alive with a community, does L4D2 have the original campaign ported over for free like Steam?

Dervius

Thanks for the responses, guys. So I can already make purchases if I don't have an xBL account? I have a Microsoft account. If I do it through this, what happens if I create an XBL account in future? Does it get linked to my Microsoft account?

AFAIK That's the way it works yes. I have one Microsoft account which covers everything, Outlook, Xbox Live, One Drive etc.

Ricitor

So turned on my Xbox One after a long time sitting off. Bought Skate III, Fable II (which I do own on disc) and Fallout: New Vegas cause I never played it on Xbox.
I am a little disappointed because it seems like my region really didn't get everything. Seems to be missing a lot of the XBL games. Only went in there to get Castlevania: Symphony of the Night but I cannot find it. Even when searching the store and it is nowhere. Oh well, still some amazing prices. I might go and buy Blue Dragon for the hell of it again.

Top Bottom