• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One S Bundles for Holiday 2016

MrBenchmark

Damn thought they announced the black one S! Will wait til BF, wish I would've jumped on the Target deal now. Was being frugal and the time and didn't want to spend the money smh

Target has a 15% cartwheel right now plus 5% red card on any Xbox One system.

I did that plus My daughters 10% employee discount paid $276 w/tax for the 1tb One S gears 4 bundle.

Interesting. Currently I'm waiting for the BBC to announce the 4K blu-ray release of Planet Earth II to put that ps4pro money somewhere more useful...

Might still try to buy used as it won't be my main system.

Am I correct that Gears 4 would be good for people who haven't played any Gears game?

Battlefield-1-Xbox-One-S-500GB-Storm-Grey.png

Oh I guess I'm wrong I guess it's actually a dark gray.

I holding out for an Xbox One S in black but I'm liking this dark gray!

RoKKeR

Bundles look better than last year's. I have to imagine that Minecraft bundle will do pretty well during the holidays, especially with potential BF cuts.

lmbotiva

Lol. There's a picture of the black Xbox S. The first post is included in the battlefield 1tb bundle.
thats actually green and BTW it looks horrendous in person, a friend of mine got it last week and he return it 2 days after lol, im guessing the grey one from Walmart is kinda cool but still no black though

Justinh

Hmmm, if these get low enough i might get one for a 4K Bluray player, are the games physical copies i can resell?

Think it depends on the bundle, on whether or not they say it includes a code or not.

Worst case, you could always sell the code I suppose.

I think I actually like the look of the OD Green one, but I really like that color anyways.

LQX

I really don't get why MS has yet to do a themed Minecraft console. That thing would sell millions.

RexNovis

Banned
We're fuckin' drowning in boxes. Some of these are exclusive to specific retailers, but still. God damn there's so many bundles.

Why do y'all keep ordering more then? You'd figure retailers would just stop stocking so many different SKUs when it seems like only a handful actually drive sales in any meaningful way.

Welfare

Why do y'all keep ordering more then? You'd figure retailers would just stop stocking so many different SKUs when it seems like only a handful actually drive sales in any meaningful way.
Million's get sold in the holidays so the stock will get cleared.

Even then, there's 3 Gears bundles (1 is GameStop exclusive), 3 BF1 bundle (1 is Walmart exclusive), 1 Minecraft bundle, and 2 FIFA bundles, but I think those are MS exclusive.

So at retailers not GameStop, Walmart, or MS Store, they are getting 5 new bundles, plus the Halo and Madden bundles that haven't sold through yet.

RexNovis

Banned
Million's get sold in the holidays so the stock will get cleared.

Even then, there's 3 Gears bundles (1 is GameStop exclusive), 3 BF1 bundle (1 is Walmart exclusive), 1 Minecraft bundle, and 2 FIFA bundles, but I think those are MS exclusive.

So at retailers not GameStop, Walmart, or MS Store, they are getting 5 new bundles, plus the Halo and Madden bundles that haven't sold through yet.

5 new bundles is a LOT of different bundles to push all at once. Couple that with the existing bundles and its just nuts. It just seems so incredibly excessive. Especially when year after year its shown that only one or two bundles really push the vast majority of holiday sales. Its such an odd strategy. Its like they think they can brute force the sales by sheer volume of different SKUs available when, historically, everything indicates that's not the case.

Welfare

5 new bundles is a LOT of different bundles to push all at once. Couple that with the existing bundles and its just nuts. It just seems so incredibly excessive. Especially when year after year its shown that only one or two bundles really push the vast majority of holiday sales. Its such an odd strategy. Its like they think they can brute force the sales by sheer volume of different SKUs available when, historically, everything indicates that's not the case.
While one or two might hold the majority of sales, those extra bundles still bring in more consumers and allow MS to gain a higher profit margin on higher priced models. This year it is just MS giving options to buy the XB1S, the 500GB $299 bundle or the 1TB $349 bundle for both Gears and BF1. At least the options are simple to differentiate from unlike last year.

I holding out for an Xbox One S in black but I'm liking this dark gray!
Me, too, surprisingly.

Makes a good match for the Switch ;)

For realsies, I imagine a black S won't be anytime soon. Maybe next spring to counter the Switch (at least it's something) or the summer/fall to ramp up sales before Scorpio launches?

RexNovis

Banned
While one or two might hold the majority of sales, those extra bundles still bring in more consumers and allow MS to gain a higher profit margin on higher priced models. This year it is just MS giving options to buy the XB1S, the 500GB $299 bundle or the 1TB $349 bundle for both Gears and BF1. At least the options are simple to differentiate from unlike last year.

True. Last year was egregious but this year still seems excessive to me. Like I said flooding the market with so many different SKUs just seems like such an odd tactic to me especially when many of them are within spitting distance price wise of a soon to be released substantially more powerful SKU from a competing platform. I suppose they could be banking on the appeal of UHD bluray vs substantially improved HW but that seems... unwise.

WTF? They're not bundling any of the games I'm interested in with the regular 500GB console. What about Gears 4? Or Forza Horizon 3? I'd rather have the current Halo bundle over any of those. I really hope those aren't the only Black Friday bundles.

I'm getting an XB1 for the exclusives, so BF1, the sports games and Minecraft are useless to me. Not gonna lie...I'm pretty choked as someone with a PS4 who was counting on a great bundle with exclusives to add the value to draw me in.

Welfare

WTF? They're not bundling any of the games I'm interested in with the regular 500GB console. What about Gears 4? Or Forza Horizon 3? I'd rather have the current Halo bundle over any of those. I really hope those aren't the only Black Friday bundles.

I'm getting an XB1 for the exclusives, so BF1, the sports games and Minecraft are useless to me.
There are 3 Gears bundles.

There are 3 Gears bundles.

Nope. There is not a single 500GB one available in Canada. 1TB would be a complete waste since I don't need that much space for an exclusives box. Just give me a fuckin' 500GB Gears or Forza bundle in Canada.

Like I said, even the Halo bundle is preferable.

I'm on whatever black friday deal gets me at minimum a 1TB console with both Gears 4 and Forza thrown in....too much to hope for?

why such deals always or mostly just in usa where people pay almost no tax or low tax.
why in europe higher price + 20/25% tax? why? :D

Top Bottom