• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

solis74

What's the hard drive speed meant to be like with the X? Do you think it'll still be faster running games off an external, or have they improved the internal speed that it's better to run games there?

The hard drive on the X is faster than the One, but how much faster i guess we will find out tomorrow.

The hard drive on the X is faster than the One, but how much faster i guess we will find out tomorrow.

Some youtubers who have been playing AC:O on the X have mentioned how fast loads were, so this could be interesting. I have been playing it on my One S and the loads are super long for an AC game. So if this is true, what an improvement.

FZW

Some youtubers who have been playing AC:O on the X have mentioned how fast loads were, so this could be interesting. I have been playing it on my One S and the loads are super long for an AC game. So if this is true, what an improvement.

The load time is more likely attributed to the fact that the system has way more ram and bandwidth than the hard drive.

MS even spoke about using the extra ram as cache to reduce load times.

solis74

That would be good news.

Space_nut

The load time is more likely attributed to the fact that the system has way more ram and bandwidth than the hard drive.

MS even spoke about using the extra ram as cache to reduce load times.

MS has increased the HDD on the Xbox One X by 50% which causes the load times to be faster

Space_nut

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Listening to Unlocked and quick tip if for some reason you know a game has x enhanced patch ready but it never shows, launch the game and it'll start the patch download.

Worked for me on Quantum Break.

scently

http://www.threefieldsentertainment.com/danger-zone-enhanced-for-xbox-one-x/

Pretty detailed writeup from Three Fields Entertainment (Alex Ward and his former Criterion crew) on what it was like porting Danger Zone to the X.

They've gone from 900p on the base hardware to full 4k, and managed to add full dynamic shadows on top, which apparently they couldn't do on the regular One/S. Plus they've added a 1080p60 performance mode.

Yeah, its very impressive what they have done. Going from 900p to full 4k is really impressive. Adding dynamic shadows on top of that is amazing.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
let me guess have you downloaed all the movie files too?

Nooo. My hard drive couldn't take that hit. I have 50 meg connection so I'm good with streaming.

I literally just gutted an old laptop for the hard drive to download QB and CoD WW2. I'm already hurting for space lol.

solis74

Nooo. My hard drive couldn't take that hit. I have 50 meg connection so I'm good with streaming.

I literally just gutted an old laptop for the hard drive to download QB and CoD WW2. I'm already hurting for space lol.

how big is your drive?

Jesus quantum break more than doubled in size. 102 gigs now.

15.10gb Halo 5 update!

It's happening!

giddy-christof.gif

Unity2012

15.10gb Halo 5 update!

Great! I was afraid it would be double the current size. Quantum Break update was bigger than the original, lol.

BTW, if you don't see your games updates under the Xbox One enhanced tab, we can right click on any game icon, go to manage game and check the "ready to install" section. The update will show up there.

I just did with mine and found/updated most of the ones that did not show.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Great! I was afraid it would be double the current size. Quantum Break update was bigger than the original, lol.

BTW, if you don't see your games updates under the Xbox One enhanced tab, we can right click on any game icon, go to manage game and check the "ready to install" section. The update will show up there.

I just did with mine and found/updated most of the ones that did not show.

Great tip!

solis74

Dabanton

Looks like this weekend will be updates aplenty I want to be ready to dive right in on launch day.

Will redownload QB and Halo 5 overnight.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Perhaps 4k video now - as the assets for the game won't be 4k as it can't reach it even on the One X

That's not how assets work. Higher resolution assets don't need to be in"4K" to be beneficial. So it's probably uncompressed assets not 4k video.

f@luS

More than a member.
So far for my announced Xbox One X game I have

Already updated :
-gears 4
-killer instinct
-halo 5
-quantum break
-titanfall 2

Waiting for update :
-forza 7
-forza horizon 3
-battlefield 1
-Wolfenstein 2
-tomb raider
-witcher 3
-Master chief collection
-Recore

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
So far for my announced Xbox One X game I have

Already updated :
-gears 4
-killer instinct
-halo 5
-quantum break
-titanfall 2

Waiting for update :
-forza 7
-forza horizon 3
-battlefield 1
-Wolfenstein 2
-tomb raider
-witcher 3
-Master chief collection
-Recore

Was the KI update large? I believe they only said a res bump correct?

That's not how assets work. Higher resolution assets don't need to be in"4K" to be beneficial. So it's probably uncompressed assets not 4k video.

Yeah didn't mean it in terms of 4k assets - just meant the huge size increase for something not approaching 4k sounds more likely to be video, either way I'm looking forward to trying it out as it still runs like crud even on my PC lol

Yeah didn't mean it in terms of 4k assets - just meant the huge size increase for something not approaching 4k sounds more likely to be video, either way I'm looking forward to trying it out as it still runs like crud even on my PC lol

yeah going from 720p to 1440p will be phenomenal!

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

I believe the verdict is still out on what the final resolution will be for QB.

Top Bottom