• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

I think it would be smart on Microsoft's part to have some kind of enhanced games digital sale on opening week. You know people would buy them just to check them out on the new system. Plus, I really want to try Quantum Break again with the patch.

Lucifon

I think it would be smart on Microsoft's part to have some kind of enhanced games digital sale on opening week. You know people would buy them just to check them out on the new system. Plus, I really want to try Quantum Break again with the patch.

I agree! This would be a really smart move. Sales start on a Tuesday and the release is a Tuesday so I'm hopeful.

neurophd

Agreed...I have been holding off on many games due to the X announcement. Looking forward to experiencing them in all their enhanced glory.

FZW

Witcher 3

What specifically is your development team doing to enhance The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for Xbox One X?

With the additional power of the Xbox One X, we are able to deliver The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in 4K, while providing numerous visual tweaks such as higher-quality shadows, ambient occlusion & texture filtering, as well as higher resolution textures, and an all-around performance boost.

Space_nut

JP

I really hope that The Witcher does get a HDR patch as it would make such a difference. Not that I'm buying this version as I already own the Pro version but I was so disappointed when the Pro patch didn't include HDR.

f@luS

More than a member.
Hype train

Just bought Witcher 3 goty even though I have it on PS4 pro I never played it so what the heck let’s go for the best version
Bought recore définitive even though the game sux it seems gimme more eye candy
And rise of tomb raider .... I have the 20h anniversary but didn’t play on PS4 pro. Bummer is that it doesn’t have dlc and season pass is too expensive.
Oh and to finish killer instinct. 4k fighting game finally

Gimme November 7th

JP

Wow, didn't Pro only get a 1800p rez bump and performance enhancement?

I can't wait for all these DF comparisons, This version will blow my PS4 version out of the water!
According to the Digital Foundry analysis the Pro uses 2160p with dynamic horizontal scaling when needed to 1800p but the checkerboarding apparently hides that if you're not going out of your way to look for it. They also mention improved shadows, ambient occlusion that was brought across from the PC version and better texture filtering which they estimate at around the 16x mark.

The performance isn't quite perfect although for the vast majority of the game it is, it's just the usual stuff with the alpha effects, particularly in the bog, according to DF.

It sounds like it's pretty much going to be the same patch for both consoles to be honest although the horizontal scaling and slight performance drops should be improved, if not removed in the Xbox One enhanced version. It should be good though as DF claim it's one of their favourite Pro upgrades.

I really just wish they'd add HDR to the game but it can take a hell of a lot of work if your game wasn't built with HDR in mind and it just may not be worth the investment for them. Who knows though.

solis74

According to the Digital Foundry analysis the Pro uses 2160p with dynamic horizontal scaling when needed to 1800p but the checkerboarding apparently hides that if you're not going out of your way to look for it. They also mention improved shadows, ambient occlusion that was brought across from the PC version and better texture filtering which they estimate at around the 16x mark.

The performance isn't quite perfect although for the vast majority of the game it is, it's just the usual stuff with the alpha effects, particularly in the bog, according to DF.

It sounds like it's pretty much going to be the same patch for both consoles to be honest although the horizontal scaling and slight performance drops should be improved, if not removed in the Xbox One enhanced version. It should be good though as DF claim it's one of their favourite Pro upgrades.

I really just wish they'd add HDR to the game but it can take a hell of a lot of work if your game wasn't built with HDR in mind and it just may not be worth the investment for them. Who knows though.

X will also have higher res textures, this should make it look great when i'm chatting up the ladies :)

EvB

Stupid question is it worth getting 4K Netflix with a 1080p Tv?

There is a really good chance that the Netflix app will see you have a 1080p TV and only serve you 1080p content anyway.

As 1080p content is already essentially supersampled, I don't think you'd get a huge benefit. So , not.

I suppose you might lose some of the compression artifacts from using a higher resolution stream.

solis74

There is a really good chance that the Netflix app will see you have a 1080p TV and only serve you 1080p content anyway.

As 1080p content is already essentially supersampled, I don't think you'd get a huge benefit. So , not.

I suppose you might lose some of the compression artifacts from using a higher resolution stream.

good to know.

RPS37

That's a good idea.

DeeBatch

Have a feeling that hdr might be labeled by mistake.

How it's literally stamped in the video!
q6mrUrF.jpg

Quick question relating to tv/movies...

How do dvd (480p) and hd (1080p) look upscaled to 4K?

Shitty? Super shitty? Or still look great? I’m assuming the ups Calee built into the x1x will be great...

munroe

What's the hard drive speed meant to be like with the X? Do you think it'll still be faster running games off an external, or have they improved the internal speed that it's better to run games there?

cablenut

What's the hard drive speed meant to be like with the X? Do you think it'll still be faster running games off an external, or have they improved the internal speed that it's better to run games there?

Its been said external is still the faster option on the one x, and I also know the internal runs at 7500rpm

Top Bottom