• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

f@luS

More than a member.
Was the KI update large? I believe they only said a res bump correct?
I guess so. I just bought the game. Can’t stand 900p as it’s now. Will be glorious in 4k
Even tekken 7 is just 1080p on pro that’s so disappointing. Finally a 4k fighting game (though injustice 2 looks great in pro )

mshlive

Probably a stupid question, but everyone that's updating and 'getting ready now' are you updating the games onto an external and then just plug in and play on the One X?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Probably a stupid question, but everyone that's updating and 'getting ready now' are you updating the games onto an external and then just plug in and play on the One X?

That and the transfer feature for the xbone x let's you transfer over your home network.

mshlive

That and the transfer feature for the xbone x let's you transfer over your home network.

Interesting...

I'm selling my One S to a friend after I've setup my X, so best method to get everything setup as quick as possible on the X would be this?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Interesting...

I'm selling my One S to a friend after I've setup my X, so best method to get everything setup as quick as possible on the X would be this?

I don't think anyone can comment on how fast it will be but I'd assume it should.be fairly quick considering it's using your own network.

mshlive

I don't think anyone can comment on how fast it will be but I'd assume it should.be fairly quick considering it's using your own network.

Yeah I get that, just trying to figure out the quickest method. I've got games sat here that I've been putting off playing until that 4K goodness arrives so my patience is being stretched as it is!

But thanks.

EvB

Interesting...

Quickest way would be to copy all your games to an external drive and backup your settings in advance.

Interesting...

Using an external is the fastest way, unless maybe you have a ridiculous home network. I transferred everything over the network and wired connections last night. Took a long ass time.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I just bought an 4k 32 inch screen cant wait to use an xbox x on it 😂😂

UraMallas

Do we know if the improved 1080p content is part of the 4k content 'patches'? I have a 1080p TV so I want to be able to see any 1080p performance boosts. Do I need to download the 4k content patches?

rokkerkory

Do we know if the improved 1080p content is part of the 4k content 'patches'? I have a 1080p TV so I want to be able to see any 1080p performance boosts. Do I need to download the 4k content patches?

IIRC supersampling is automatic or at least an option, so u'll get higher res, more AF, AA etc

UraMallas

IIRC supersampling is automatic or at least an option, so u'll get higher res, more AF, AA etc

Hmm. Aren't some games (like the ones being patched) actually adding textures and what not to 1080p content? Like, I've seen some devs talk about how you can choose a smoother 1080p or a choppier 4k. Wouldn't I need the 4k assets for games like that?

rokkerkory

Hmm. Aren't some games (like the ones being patched) actually adding textures and what not to 1080p content? Like, I've seen some devs talk about how you can choose a smoother 1080p or a choppier 4k. Wouldn't I need the 4k assets for games like that?

You might be right, I think I was recalling it from BC games.

arhra

You do. According to some of the Taco Bell contest winners who've been posting on reddit (after receiving their systems early), the option is gone on the X, meaning there's no way to disable it anyway.

If you skip downloading them now, you'll just be left with some lengthy downloads before you can play after getting the X.

And in most cases it seems that things like better textures are still enabled in 1080p performance modes anyway, so even if it was optional you'd probably still want them for the best experience.

UraMallas

You do. According to some of the Taco Bell contest winners who've been posting on reddit (after receiving their systems early), the option is gone on the X, meaning there's no way to disable it anyway.

If you skip downloading them now, you'll just be left with some lengthy downloads before you can play after getting the X.

And in most cases it seems that things like better textures are still enabled in 1080p performance modes anyway, so even if it was optional you'd probably still want them for the best experience.

Excellent info. Flipping the switch now. Thanks!

Marvel

could never
6U4xaSS.gif

Oh yes.

I do believe I shall play some TF2 again.

JP

Well, I've had my first shrinkable games showing with these savings.

Forza Motorsport 7 - 95.6 GB (-28.6 GB)
Gears of War 4 - 103.3 GB (-13 GB)
Middle Earth: Shadow of War - 34.6 GB (-4KB)

That's quite a saving but I'm not sure if it's maybe confusing 4K content because I have it set to automatically update before the move. I just don't want to authorise it if I'm just going to have to download it again.

Has anybody else done this yet? Do we know if we've selected the 4K assets that it will then delete the 1080p assets as they're no longer going to be needed?

EDIT:
Best to ignore what I said above, it seems. When I use the menu button on each of the games available to shrink it does state that it would delete the 4K content I've downloaded.

UraMallas

Really hope devs start taking advantage of these sectored games. I would love to cut the MP component out of my entire collection to save space.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
HOLY SHITE! Wow. Only a troll or fanboy can not be impressed by this. The game is running 4K 60fps with HDR and supersampling on a $500 box. Granted, this isn't the most graphically demanding games on the block, but it is no slouch either.

Plus this is compressed by YouTube

I wonder what settings the graphics run at for Titanfall 2 high? Ultra? Regardless, it looks bloody brilliant and even though I play it on PC, I cant wait to play it on my xb1x. For some reason I enjoy online gaming more on a console.

I cant wait to see Madden in 4k

Top Bottom