• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Yup

All BC the titles get
-improved fps
-highest res if using dynamic res
-16xAF
-faster HDD better loading
-extra RAM used to store data which improves LOD and streaming assets

BC games also have been getting enhancements such as running 9 times the res. So BC games run 4k on Xbox One X while 1080p on X1. The emulator basically emulates the previous console as 9 times more powerful

So Dark Souls 1 will be 4k? Or does each game have to be patched?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
So Dark Souls 1 will be 4k? Or does each game have to be patched?

No. Dark Souls 1 will be roughly the same game as it was on the original 360 with some improvements in performance, but don't expect it to look anywhere close to the PC version.

The only 360 games thus far getting significant upgrades are Halo 3, Fallout 3, Assassins Creed (original) and Oblivion.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/23/4-xbox-360-games-getting-xbox-one-x-enhancements

I very very much hope that list grows and that we may see Dark Souls 1 on there.

and still a great looking game today

since even BC titles are get improved resolution...we can dream

As of right now only four 360 games are getting significantly improved resolution. Non-enhanced games will certainly perform better, but to expect them to be god send improvements is a little much.

AC Unity will be playable and should perform better, but it will still be locked to 900p since the game was locked at that resolution. I wouldn't expect it to get a patch. It wasn't a well received game and I doubt the demand is there.
For the record, I enjoyed AC: Unity and felt that when it was good it was really good, but the bloat and the microtransactions really hurt it.

IMO the game that would benefit the most from One X improvements would be Sunset Overdrive. The game was tragically under promoted by MS when it came out initially and a patch would potentially give that game new life.

JP

I still only have Gears of War 4 showing under Xbox One Enhanced but that game doesn't show as having Scorpio assets installed. I have loads of other games showing as having Scorpio assets installed but they're not indexed as X1XE, this includes both Halo 3 and Fallout 3 which don't show up under the Enhanced heading for me.

I'm sure it'll all sort itself out in time, I hope, but I really just want to get everything sorted out now. I do wish they'd give us more information on this as to when we should be expecting updates for each game.

JP

OK, that's interesting. I now have Fallout 3, Gears of War 4, Halo 3 and Killer Instinct showing under Xbox One X enhanced games. The following worked for me but I obviously can't promise anything to anybody else but it may be worth trying if you are having issues with these updates.

I simply did a hard reset of the console via the settings menu...

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset Console > Reset and keep my games & apps

All my games are on an external hard drive so I could have done the full reset where it also deletes all your software but I chose the option to keep those. It took a few minutes to do and all I had to do was fill in my password for my Xbox Live account.

UraMallas

Fallout 3, Halo 3 and Oblivion all show up under the Enhanced tab for me now. Titanfall 2 has an update waiting which I assume is the One X enhancement.

EDIT: Yep, queued up the Titanfall 2 update and it shows now. Up to 7 games in that dropdown!

arhra

Does anyone know if all 360 games get the 4k treatment? So will skate 3 run at higher res?

Just the four that have been mentioned so far.

There are potentially multiple obstacles in place preventing them rolling it out en-masse - technically, some games might just be doing things in their renderer that will break fi you force higher resolution, logistically, they probably want to give any enhanced 360 game another QA pass to make sure nothing breaks, and while legally they might not be required (although I'm not entirely sure what the legal situation would be on this) to seek permission from publishers, I'm guessing they're asking out of good will anyway - the fact that they have Oblivion and Fallout but not Skyrim suggests that they're avoiding stepping on the toes of the remaster, and the same with them doing AC1 and not the vastly more popular and acclaimed (and remastered...) AC2.

xn0

I purchased an Xbox one day one edition but I have to admit I didn't play it. I was planning on picking up some used XB1 games before my Xbox One X Project Scorpio arrives on 11/7.

What used XB1 games are some of you thinking about picking up for your XB1X?

Hawk269

My Diablo still isn't showing 😫

Mine was not as well but on my wife's system it was. I decided to uninstall the game and as soon as I told it to re-install it popped under the Xbox One X Enhanced list. A poster above did a reset and it worked for him. I am going to try that after it downloads Diablo because I have a few others that have downloaded the assets/patch but are not showing on the tab.

paolo11

I purchased an Xbox one day one edition but I have to admit I didn't play it. I was planning on picking up some used XB1 games before my Xbox One X Project Scorpio arrives on 11/7.

I’ll try to get Ghost Recon

Pantz

I've been a physical copy only guy my whole life, but with previous gen games being enhanced that's going to change. I want to buy all the enhanced OG and 360 games digital to show my support in hopes that they will continue to expand it in the future.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

Get Witcher 3 Complete Edition.

Although it often goes on sale for less than used price.

RPS37

I definitely preemptively bought The Witcher 3 Complete Edition digital when I already own the win game on disc just so I can have it ready for the X.

munroe

My Xbox just updated this morning; around 450Mb, and when you do the shoulder buttons plus menu button on a game, for some in the enhanced list, doesn't say anything about what assets are installed.

The only one showing at the moment is GoW4 but instead of showing a long list of assets like before, it just says "Xbox-Scorpio"

So maybe the others have been flagged for enhanced but not yet had their assets download yet, which is odd cause I'm sure Titanfall 2 downloaded a bunch of stuff yesterday

sn0man

I've been a physical copy only guy my whole life, but with previous gen games being enhanced that's going to change. I want to buy all the enhanced OG and 360 games digital to show my support in hopes that they will continue to expand it in the future.

I emailed the Super Lucky Tales people and they said the 4K patch is on the disc so I’m going to buy it just for that.

I wish Microsoft would republish physical Xbox One discs with 4K assets and resolution settings built in to them. I’d double dip on those titles.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I emailed the Super Lucky Tales people and they said the 4K patch is on the disc so I’m going to buy it just for that.

I wish Microsoft would republish physical Xbox One discs with 4K assets and resolution settings built in to them. I’d double dip on those titles.

Is M$ publishing that?

Top Bottom