• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I'm holding out hope for the possibility it may be coming with the big Spring patch for MCC. Maybe add it into the collection as a thank you for those that stuck around and make it kind of a re-launch of the entire collection

This would be amazing.

Reach is still Bungies best game, and it needs at least a resolution, AA, AF bump. 60fps would be nice as well.

Forza, halo, gears 4 look incredible! 4k textures with Super sampling is a major upgrade. Also madden 18 with a consistent 60fps even in cutscenes and transitions makes all the difference in the world. Is it the best looking at it I've ever seen by a long shot on the X. I also compared Need for Speed Payback, Titanfall, and the difference is were very apparent. It's like putting on glasses for the first time even though I'm only playing on a 1080p TV. I will post pics a little later. I haven't been this excited about console gaming in a long long time. I have a 4k monitor for my PC and the 1080p OLED in the living room and while I look forward to upgrading to a 4K set this is holding up just fine. Definitely worth the upgrade. Can't believe how awesome Gears 3 and Skate 3 look as well

Ghost recon wildlands website says it's 4kuhd, in game doesn't look too different though, a bit sharper and frame rate seems better.

frogger

dumb question, my old hard drive has some old games that don't have the 4k patch yet. Will the update happen automatically or I will need to add them somehow?

timewyrm

dumb question, my old hard drive has some old games that don't have the 4k patch yet. Will the update happen automatically or I will need to add them somehow?

IIRC there's an option in settings to download 4k assests (or something) automagically. If that's selected then it will happen by itself.

Running through my enhanced games at the moment but the only one that changes my B6 to HDR mode is World of Tanks at the moment.

Need to check which other games I have with HDR enabled!

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Initial game impressions.

Currently burning through a couple games that have Xbox One enhancements.

Halo 5: multiplayer has an immediate difference in clarity. To keep the frame rate high they had always sacrifice resolution obviously but now the game doesn't have that really blurry ugly look. Don't think it's quite native K cuz it doesn't have that 4K pop but it's significantly cleaner.

Campaign is also extremely clear and I think the in-game actually looks better than the cutscenes now. I'll probably actually play through this again because it's been awhile.

Gears 4: all around a pretty good Show for HDR as well as 4K. Play through the prologue and the very first area looks really clean but it's the second area that takes place during gears one that really pops with HDR and 4K.

Diablo 3: this one actually surprised me in that I didn't expect to see such a difference considering I had played the game on Pro but just walking around the general area there is a distinct sharpness that is not there on the pro or the regular Xbox obviously.

Explosions have a new life in that they just look so damn detailed and hitting the pause button and look at your character you can see a lot of fine texture work that you just couldn't make out on a 1080p device.

Qunatum Break: this game while look really good definitely was blurry on the initial Xbox One release. Big upgrade in terms of clarity here but it still doesn't look as sharp as something like gears 4. That being said it still looks freaking incredible in motion. I'll probably play through this one again when I have some time just to Relish in the amazing art Direction.

Doom: now this doesn't have an Xbox One enhanced patch yet but the game never ran it full 1080p from what I remember on original Xbox One and this being my favorite franchise ever I had to at least see how it looked. Honestly can't tell a huge difference in terms of clarity everything does look a little bit sharper.

You can really see the difference in the outlines of enemies once they are in stun State waiting for a glory kill. Will definitely check back in on this one when a proper Xbox One X enhanced patch hits.

Wolfenstein 2: I played the first level of this last night before the One X hit so that way I could do a really good comparison in my brain. No idea what resolution is running at but the difference is mind-boggling. On the OG it's such a blurry mess compared to One X.

Simple things like faces look so much more cleaner on the 1X it's crazy. This is one that definitely harnesses the power of the 6 teraflops.

Titanfall 2: this is the only one I've been disappointed with so far. Well it definitely looks better it doesn't have that 4K Clarity pop that I was expecting. With all of the 6K claims I expected this game to run in a pretty high resolution to give it that pop you expect. But, it's just not there it kind of looks like a super high up Res version which doesn't look bad but it also doesn't look amazing either.

Still to come, Assassin's Creed Origins, Killer Instinct, and Shadow of War!

munroe

Titanfall 2: this is the only one I've been disappointed with so far. Well it definitely looks better it doesn't have that 4K Clarity pop that I was expecting. With all of the 6K claims I expected this game to run in a pretty high resolution to give it that pop you expect. But, it's just not there it kind of looks like a super high up Res version which doesn't look bad but it also doesn't look amazing either.

Still to come, Assassin's Creed Origins, Killer Instinct, and Shadow of War!

Apparently there's a bug with the TF2 enhanced patch in that it can actually render at a resolution at less then 1080

neurophd

I am assuming the game demos (eg Tomb Raider) have enhanced changes, correct? I don’t own any of the tricked out games yet.

Gears, Halo 5, Forza 7, Assassins Creed look mind blowing. Madden 18 is a consistent 60fps now (before transitions and cut scenes were 30fps) and it makes all the difference. Looks like real life at times. Skate 3 and Gears 3 look really good now @1080p. dash is smoother and faster. playing on a 1080p set...

Gears, Halo 5, Forza 7, Assassins Creed look mind blowing. Madden 18 is a consistent 60fps now (before transitions and cut scenes were 30fps) and it makes all the difference. Looks like real life at times. Skate 3 and Gears 3 look really good now @1080p. dash is smoother and faster. playing on a 1080p set...

Nice! I'm looking forward to seeing Madden. I thought the character models being closer to real life (no more Arnold Schwarzenegger QBs) was a massive upgrade. 4k should be sweet. I think I've got 20 min of my trial left.

AmyS

Anyone tried playing Dark Souls 3 on X1X? I know it's not Enhanced but should run better on the new hardware.

I forgot if PS4 Pro got a DS3 patch, I seem to remember it sort of did, but was more or less like playing it with Boost Mode.

joshwaan

Just got an update for hitman absolution xbox 360 600mb but res not changed

ker34gB.jpg

Just got a 501.3MB update for COD Infinite Warfare and it is now showing up as an enhanced game. I hope this also means a patch for the MW remaster is coming too.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Assassins Creed Rogue just got an update.

I was excited for a second as I was hoping this game was getting enhanced, but nope.

Sigh.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
More games impressions.

Killer Instinct: Man didn't expect this one to look as sharp as it does. Big upgrade. The detail work in some characters like Spinal shines like you wouldn't believe.

The stages get a huge bump up as well. Very pretty game.

Assassin's Creed Origins: this could be the set piece in terms of open world games. The very first area in the tomb is decent looking but as soon as you get into the world. HOLY BALLS. ITS GORGEOUS.

Think that's all I'm gonna do for now. I've spent most of the day dicking aorund from game to game and haven't really played muched lol.

Need to actually play stuff instead of just looking at improvements.

More games impressions.

Killer Instinct: Man didn't expect this one to look as sharp as it does. Big upgrade. The detail work in some characters like Spinal shines like you wouldn't believe.

The stages get a huge bump up as well. Very pretty game.

Assassin's Creed Origins: this could be the set piece in terms of open world games. The very first area in the tomb is decent looking but as soon as you get into the world. HOLY BALLS. ITS GORGEOUS.

Think that's all I'm gonna do for now. I've spent most of the day dicking aorund from game to game and haven't really played muched lol.

Need to actually play stuff instead of just looking at improvements.

Lol...this has been me. But I need to finish ass creed then Ghost Recon. They look so good.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
ROTR just will not work. It crashes no matter what I do. But what's odd is that it crashes in different ways which makes me believe it's a save file thing.

Top Bottom