• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

neurophd

I have avoided Ark because of performance complaints. Do you think X enhancements making it worth playing. Apparently this update is available.

Pantz

I've taken some screenshot comparisons of a non-enhanced-patched-game, Mirror's Edge Catalyst with the Xbox One X and the PS4 Pro. I was curious to see what the natural enhancements would do on a game like this. Unfortunately I don't have a regular Xbox One, that probably would have been a better comparison. From what I heard though, the X1 version was a bit worse than the PS4 version at 720p vs 900p and eventually got a patch with dynamic resolution.

I'll just the links to the screens for anyone curious.

XOX IMG #1
PS4P IMG #1
XOX IMG #2
PS4P IMG #2
XOX IMG #3
PS4P IMG #3
XOX IMG #4
PS4P IMG #4

I had a bit higher hopes for the natural unpatched enhancements. Maybe other games will utilize it better. I don't really know how to compare these, but it looks like both could be at the same resolution. Maybe it's capped at 900p even when it has dynamic resolution. Some spots seem to have more detail on the XOX photos and others have more in different spots on the PS4P photos. It could be due to the differences in lighting and the slight camera bob.

So I guess if it enhanced it up to the same level as the PS4 version, then that's a good thing and better than nothing. I'm by far no Digital Foundry though so I have no idea what I'm talking about. They said the game had some frame problems in the past, and so far it seems super smooth, not that I can really catch that stuff... But hopefully it's a nice locked 60fps now with the boost.

Now back to twiddling my thumbs waiting for patches to download.

Space_nut

Playing Halo 5 and OMG it looks redicously amazing

The textures, environment shadows, pure 4k clarity, lighting all comes together. They upped the graphical bells and whistles not just a simple up res :)

The animations look so much better too for enemies far away!!

Playing Halo 5 and OMG it looks redicously amazing

The textures, environment shadows, pure 4k clarity, lighting all comes together. They upped the graphical bells and whistles not just a simple up res :)

The animations look so much better too for enemies far away!!

60fps animations for all enemies at all lod?

MilkyJoe

January 15th (Forza Horizon 3 patch).

Rage.jpg

I stopped playing this months ago waiting for X1...

joshwaan

Skate 3 1080p Panasonic VT65
4xrg5LF.jpg

RrnGSnH.jpg

Now give us Red Dead Redemption update like this please... :)

note: prior to updating Skate 3 it looked not horrible but tell no 16x AF or Res bump was going on.
Oh and I know it's been said Anisotropic filtering 16x is forced but it did not look like it was on proir to update.

Twice

Neo Member
Apologies if this was already discussed but when is Assassin's Creed Origins getting its update?

I'm waiting for it to update before I get my X today and it's still not showing up on the updated list. I started it to try and force the update too :-(

Gorki247

Apologies if this was already discussed but when is Assassin's Creed Origins getting its update?

I'm waiting for it to update before I get my X today and it's still not showing up on the updated list. I started it to try and force the update too :-(

Origins has already been updated. Maybe running it on your X later will force the update.

Pantz

From what I gather, games not showing up under your enhanced list is a bug that they're working on. As long as your game should be enhanced and you got all the updates for it, then it should be fine whether it's in that filter or not. Part of the confusion is that some of the newer games like Assassin's Creed Origins and Call of Duty WW2 is that the 4K stuff came on the disc, so you don't have a huge patch to download like those who pre-downloaded them before release.

Alx

Halo reach should have been among the first enhanced tiltle since it is the only halo game that didn't get the remaster treatment. They have done goof.

It's also the game that gave them the most trouble with BC (I think they recently admitted that it wasn't in an "acceptable" state when it released). It may not be that easy to fancy up, for whatever technical reason.

JP

I know that it's a game which has been patched but I'm wondering if anybody has tried Assassin's Creed Unity yet? The main issue with it was on the CPU side so the X may not actually be able to fix that but it'd be interesting to see how it performs.

gossi

I know that it's a game which has been patched but I'm wondering if anybody has tried Assassin's Creed Unity yet? The main issue with it was on the CPU side so the X may not actually be able to fix that but it'd be interesting to see how it performs.

Digital Foundry have a video of it, it basically runs at 30fps.

f@luS

More than a member.
I tried to uninstall and reinstall gears 3 it’s still not enhanced. Strange

Beside that all my games announced enhanced are but :

-witcher 3
-horizon 3
-recore (wtf i bought just for the X)
-master chief collection
- battlefield 1 (what’s this silence ?)

Any news for these titles ?

B4D1E

Just got an update for Ghost Recon: Wildlands (11 Gigs) and Homefront. And they show now (during the update) in my games as Xbox One X Enhanced.

I also saw an update for Netflix and Plex, but not sure if it's related to the 1X.

Just got an update for Ghost Recon: Wildlands (11 Gigs) and Homefront. And they show now (during the update) in my games as Xbox One X Enhanced.

I also saw an update for Netflix and Plex, but not sure if it's related to the 1X.

woohoo, 900p to 1440p/4k will be a major improvement!

sKiTz

I would really like to give a shout to 343

That bloody Halo 5 4k Patch is really something, don’t think I’ve played a smoother looking multiplayer game, I haven’t played in so long but wow just spent some time in Warzone and I’m hooked right back in. It’s just wowww!

Unity2012

The elders scrolls online, FFXV, GOW3, Wildlands and COD: infinite warfare are updating now.

Today is a good day for gamers.

*Still waiting on updates for Skyrim and Witcher 3.

Marvel

could never
I would really like to give a shout to 343

That bloody Halo 5 4k Patch is really something, don’t think I’ve played a smoother looking multiplayer game, I haven’t played in so long but wow just spent some time in Warzone and I’m hooked right back in. It’s just wowww!
Nice.

I am installing and updating 5 right now. After that it's Gears 4's turn.

cablenut

I have only managed to try one game quickly, while doing other stuff. I booted up destiny2 and done a quick strike, I loaded in to the game having to wait for the 2 other users to join. knowing they was slower normal xbox one users. load times are great.

funcojoe

How can all these major games, and old ass 360 games have patches ready but Bungie couldn’t be bothered to have D2 ready?

Thanks for sticking it up my ass again Bungie.

theDeeDubs

Anybody tried Dark Souls 1 or 3? I know they're not patched but was hoping for a smoother frame rate experience. They're the first two things I'm doing when I get the chance tonight, but the wait for work to end is making me antsy.

Having a decent PC I'm interested in this mostly for giving older games new life. Gears 3 on the X is blowing my mind, same with the more recent Halo 5. I can't play these on a pc so I'll probably end up with the console

Dabanton

How can all these major games, and old ass 360 games have patches ready but Bungie couldn’t be bothered to have D2 ready?

Thanks for sticking it up my ass again Bungie.

I do hope that holding back updates and enhancements does not become a thing because certain companies have marketing deals with you.

Calibos

Anybody tried Dark Souls 1 or 3? I know they're not patched but was hoping for a smoother frame rate experience. They're the first two things I'm doing when I get the chance tonight, but the wait for work to end is making me antsy.

Oh man, I didn't even consider this...Did DS3 get a PS4 pro update?

Would love to see these two run/look better on the X!

bill0527

please microsoft add halo reach in the enhanced list :(

I'm holding out hope for the possibility it may be coming with the big Spring patch for MCC. Maybe add it into the collection as a thank you for those that stuck around and make it kind of a re-launch of the entire collection

Top Bottom