• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Novak

Just for those wanting to wait for a 4K TV.

HDMI 2.1 certification of Xbox One X is underway as soon the specs are finalized!

kommt.jpg

Great news.
Please someone with twitter ask him about CEC support

Smokey

Anybody have a recommendation for an external HDD?

I have a WD MyBook 3TB that seems to have crapped out on me when I use it with the X1. It freezes when trying to transfer files from the internal, and won't even launch games. I see people continuing to recommend these, but is there another brand?

I've been looking at this guy. 4TB seems to be a good amount to go with the XBX, and it doesn't require an external power supply.

I finally decided on the 65" LG OLED B7A for my main TV, I wonder if it's worth it to wait more now. My current 65 2015 4k vizio M series isn't cutting it.

My brother has the identical TV, got his for $3000 on a huge sale. Them OLED's are amazing, it is literally thinner then an Iphone when compared them and the blacks are exactly that, pure BLACK.

Only thing you gotta worry about with OLED's is burn-in, 2016 and 17 models have gotten much better reguarding burn-in/image retention (also life expectency jumped x4) , but it still exist, that is the only downfall with these. My bro has had no issues yet, but he has experience with burnin (he buys a new TV every year!!!) and keeps a close eye in it.

C4Lukins

I have a WD MyBook 3TB that seems to have crapped out on me when I use it with the X1. It freezes when trying to transfer files from the internal, and won't even launch games. I see people continuing to recommend these, but is there another brand?

I've been looking at this guy. 4TB seems to be a good amount to go with the XBX, and it doesn't require an external power supply.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-eas...-3-0-hard-drive-black/5792401.p?skuId=5792401

8tb external drive.

I bought this one on sale for $160 dollars. It has been fantastic. After years of worrying about space, I downloaded 200 games and only filled up around 30% of it.

It is $200 now, but It has worked perfectly for me, and it immediately hooks up with an Xbox One S with no complications.

I finally decided on the 65" LG OLED B7A for my main TV, I wonder if it's worth it to wait more now. My current 65 2015 4k vizio M series isn't cutting it.

That model has been sitting at $3,199.99 at Best Buy for quite some time now. I'd say it's worth waiting for Black Friday and/or Superbowl sales early next year if you want the absolute best deal.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

I would recommend not buying TVs at this time of the year. November is usually a good time, December as well, and definitely around Super Bowl if you are in the U.S.

dcll

Banned
Xbox has been my console of choice(I like the others as well but prefer Xbox due to the controller and XBL) since the original but I will not be buying this new at retail, especially after see the killer deals you could get one the One. I will wait and get one used off craigslist, it looks like a great system though

This is a good drive. You can get a non xbox branded black drive for $109. Also, check out the WD easy store. The 4TB version often dips to $99 and the last couple of times BB has thrown in a $20 gift card.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-eas...-3-0-hard-drive-black/5792401.p?skuId=5792401

8tb external drive.

I bought this one on sale for $160 dollars. It has been fantastic. After years of worrying about space, I downloaded 200 games and only filled up around 30% of it.

It is $200 now, but It has worked perfectly for me, and it immediately hooks up with an Xbox One S with no complications.

Is there a difference in load times with either of those drives?

You folk picking up 4K tv's are making me jealous! I'm waiting until the wife and I get into our first house before I can pick one up. Hoping that comes sooner rather than later and the new TV will be a nice housewarming gift from me, to me! =D

Any US presales available anywhere? :(

Project Scorpio Edition is all sold out, but pre-orders for regular edition are on the way. They said we'd get news in September, and I'm personally betting on this weekend at PAX West.

Scorpio Edition has been popping in and out of stock a couple times already today on Microsoft's store. Every time I get a notification they are back in stock, I'm too late and they are back to "out of stock". I finally snagged one and they are back to "out of stock" again. Availability is 11/7 on my email notification.

BriGuy

https://news.xbox.com/2017/09/01/samsung-xbox-partner-4k-gaming-experience/amp/

Samsung and Xbox Partner to Provide a Better 4K Gaming Experience!
Holy shit. Was anyone able to read the whole article? I got about halfway through before the PR speak became too much for me. At the pace it was going, I'm sure the last sentence is just some combination of the words 4k/unparalleled/premium shouted in all caps until the cops dragged the author away.

You should still wait until Black Friday before buying a new TV though.

Holy shit. Was anyone able to read the whole article? I got about halfway through before the PR speak became too much for me. At the pace it was going, I'm sure the last sentence is just some combination of the words 4k/unparalleled/premium shouted in all caps until the cops dragged the author away.

Yeah, I did. Basically, if you plug in your Xbox One X to a 2017 Samsung TV, it will be automatically recognized and you'll be able to use the Samsung One Remote to navigate the menus.

Stupid PR speak that could've been reduced to one paragraph.

MilkyJoe

Well you need to do your research, find a tv with a low input lag, the features you want and whether or not it falls within your budget. And after said research and decision, It's a bit of a lottery whether or not that tv is going to be on any black Friday deal. I don't know about where you are but here, BF deals are 99% shit they can't get rid of.

Yeah, I did. Basically, if you plug in your Xbox One X to a 2017 Samsung TV, it will be automatically recognized and you'll be able to use the Samsung One Remote to navigate the menus.

Stupid PR speak that could've been reduced to one paragraph.

Interesting - would have been really funny if they had partnered with Sony TVs!

JaggedSac

PR is PR?

Huh... That Microsoft/Samsung partnership is pretty neat, but not quite enough to sell me on a Samsung over the LG OLED sets. I definitely thought it would be about Microsoft partnering with Samsung for Xbox One X retail displays.

Edit: Just did some research to compare the Samsung QLED sets vs the LG OLED, seems like a night and day difference for me. LG it is!

Colbert

Banned
Huh... That Microsoft/Samsung partnership is pretty neat, but not quite enough to sell me on a Samsung over the LG OLED sets. I definitely thought it would be about Microsoft partnering with Samsung for Xbox One X retail displays.

If you have any doubts about OLED just ask Hawk269 that just was able to compare OLED against a very very very ... very expensive LED! OLED FTW!

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
If you have a KS8000 or equivalent set you have most of this functionality already. The Xbox shows up as an icon on your TV menu and you can navigate the system with your remote.

I found my wife (who is generally clueless about such things) doing this on the Xbox dashboard a couple of months ago. I was just like "wwhhhhhaaaaa....??"

Cool and really useful feature.

frogger

I am looking to buy a Vizio p75 for the xbox one x. It is a high end 75 inch LED from Vizio, got great review from ratings.com

sangreal

I wonder if he really means full HDMI 2.1 or just VRR. The spec sheet says 2.0 and separately lists 2.1 VRR when the spec is finalized

https://news.xbox.com/2017/09/01/samsung-xbox-partner-4k-gaming-experience/amp/

Samsung and Xbox Partner to Provide a Better 4K Gaming Experience!

I don't want to sound like a broken record but if a customer wants a 4k UHD TV they are likely to want to pass through 4k signal from a set top box aren't they? In a lot of cases, if not the majority of them. This is a box targeted at an audience with a 4k TV or wanting to upgrade to one after all.

Where is my pass through?!

Of course, Sky UK still haven't bothered doing anything about UHD as far as I can tell so I'm only losing a 4k signal and not the lovely UHD goodness.

===

Edit: OMG. I am out of the loop. Sky rolled it out on 13 August. Need to get home and download some movies.......

Theorry

Its september. Time for that normal version MS.
I was ready to pre order since June. Finally some news at Gamescom. Yet i am still waiting because i want the normal version.

Its september. Time for that normal version MS.
I was ready to pre order since June. Finally some news at Gamescom. Yet i am still waiting because i want the normal version.

I'm hoping they announce something this weekend! PAX West is close to their home turf so it seems like the perfect storm to let those orders fly. Come on Microsoft! I wanna get my pre-order!

Lady Gaia

If you have any doubts about OLED just ask Hawk269 that just was able to compare OLED against a very very very ... very expensive LED! OLED FTW!

... unless you're in a room that gets lots of natural light, in which case the limited peak brightness can be a serious issue. That's why I stuck with KS8000 LED this time around. It definitely suffers when looking at black level but it deals much better with being strongly backlit and overpowering reflections on a sunny day.

Yoday

... unless you're in a room that gets lots of natural light, in which case the limited peak brightness can be a serious issue. That's why I stuck with KS8000 LED this time around. It definitely suffers when looking at black level but it deals much better with being strongly backlit and overpowering reflections on a sunny day.
Agreed, this is why I went with LED for the first time with the KS8000. I had two Panny Plasmas before this, and while the picture was gorgeous, the brightness and screen reflection was always a major issue in my living room where I'm surrounded by multiple large windows. I knew OLED was going to offer a better theoretical picture, but viewing environment absolutely affects quality. Having a bright screen for a change has been amazing. It also helps that LED is still significantly cheaper than OLED. OLED is simply out of the price range of the vast majority of people.

Guerrilla

My current problem is, I backed myself into a corner, about 4 years ago I bought a sharp 70" 1080p screen, no I can't go lower then 70 for my next one, and oled in that size Is waaay to expensive :/ So I'll probably have to go with some led solution...

My current problem is, I backed myself into a corner, about 4 years ago I bought a sharp 70" 1080p screen, no I can't go lower then 70 for my next one, and oled in that size Is waaay to expensive :/ So I'll probably have to go with some led solution...

Just grab a Sammy KS and use that for the next 4 - 5 years, it's still an amazing TV. Then after that get an OLED when the tech is better and prices are more reasonable. That's what I decided to do instead of jumping on the LG bandwagon in the early days. Couldn't be happier with my purchase!

Darklor01

Just grab a Sammy KS and use that for the next 4 - 5 years, it's still an amazing TV. Then after that get an OLED when the tech is better and prices are more reasonable. That's what I decided to do instead of jumping on the LG bandwagon in the early days. Couldn't be happier with my purchase!

I thought those KS sets were dicsontinued, .. no? I think folks are now going with the TCL set as a medium tier quality 4K set now.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Got my final cost down to about $75 bucks with the 70npercent trade in at GameStop. Can't be too mad.

Darklor01

Got my final cost down to about $75 bucks with the 70npercent trade in at GameStop. Can't be too mad.

That's awesome. Depending on which state you are in, that should also assist in mitigating the amount of tax you're paying as well due to paying most off in trade credit. If it were full pay in those states, you'd pay no tax. You'd also obviously avoid shipping costs for picking it up in store.

Darklor01

Oh are they, I didn't know. That's a shame. Maybe someone has still has stock?

Yeah, it's possible I suppose. Seems there are some solid sets around the price those were from Sony and some coming which will support either HDR10+ (Sammy's answer to Dolby Vision), Dolby Vision, or both in addition to those that will support FALD, even in mid-tier pricing. Personally, I'd wait until those November sales kick in which should be just after the system releases.

Edit: Had a dumb question that I just answered myself. Carry on.

That's awesome. Depending on which state you are in, that should also assist in mitigating the amount of tax you're paying as well due to paying most off in trade credit. If it were full pay in those states, you'd pay no tax. You'd also obviously avoid shipping costs for picking it up in store.

Are there actually states where Gamestop works that way? I live in PA and we pay sales tax regardless of the payment method.

Top Bottom