• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

MilkyJoe

Absolutely, my ks8000 looks amazing with 1080p hdr games.

Outside of OLED and maybe sonys newest TV the ks8000is the best 4k set

I'd agree with this, easily the best looking tv outside of OLED, that i have seen. Better than the new Samsung QLED range too. It's disappointing that they discontinued it.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I'd agree with this, easily the best looking tv outside of OLED, that i have seen. Better than the new Samsung QLED range too. It's disappointing that they discontinued it.

Even though I paid more than others for one based on when I bought in, I'm glad I grabbed one. I've only seen HDR in games on it, or some demos. I have yet to watch a full length movie on it due to lack of UHD player which will be resolved soon. I'd sold off most of my blu-ray collection because I just didn't feel like bothering to load discs. I can't see that changing too much with having the UHD player, but I'll probably buy at least one or two movies on it just to experience it uncompressed using the XBOX One X's player.

Walmart app mobile app has pre-orders right now for the one X Scorpio edition! Was just able to grab one and got a confirmation from walmart.com right away. They even allow for in-store pickups!

Oh dang! Any idea if they charge or pre-authorize cards before shipping/pickup?

Edit: Found the answer. Wal-mart does pre-authorize credit cards when an order is placed.

MilkyJoe

Even though I paid more than others for one based on when I bought in, I'm glad I grabbed one. I've only seen HDR in games on it, or some demos. I have yet to watch a full length movie on it due to lack of UHD player which will be resolved soon. I'd sold off most of my blu-ray collection because I just didn't feel like bothering to load discs. I can't see that changing too much with having the UHD player, but I'll probably buy at least one or two movies on it just to experience it uncompressed using the XBOX One X's player.

Yeah i will get a couple too, I'm not paying fucking £20 for Private Benjamin or something shit, like when Blu Ray first came to market, I like pretty things, but I am not getting into that habit. Hopefully Amazon Prime Video will start adding UHD movies to the free with Prime listings, at the moment you can only rent them.

Darklor01

Yeah i will get a couple too, I'm not paying fucking £20 for Private Benjamin or something shit, like when Blu Ray first came to market, I like pretty things, but I am not getting into that habit. Hopefully Amazon Prime Video will start adding UHD movies to the free with Prime listings, at the moment you can only rent them.

Well, there is some Prime content accessible in UHD labeled with HDR like The Man in High Castle, I think that's the name of it, but it's compressed streaming which takes the quality back to standard Blu-ray quality, or a bit above. You can't really get the benefit properly at this time, I don't think, unless you're getting it played off an HDD or UHD player from UHD content directly.

Colbert

Banned
So if the Xbox One X Standard edition will be available for pre-order in September how many of those have pre-ordered the Scorpio Edition will switch over to the Standard Edition?

I am still undecided!

So if the Xbox One X Standard edition will be available for pre-order in September how many of those have pre-ordered the Scorpio Edition will switch over to the Standard Edition?

I am still undecided!

I'm hoping that people switch over to the Standard Edition so I can grab the Project Scorpio console! I just want that stand for free!

Darklor01

I am still undecided!

I thought you were decided. I'm going to keep the Scorpio edition because I don't have a care about the way the added details look.

Colbert

Banned
I thought you were decided. I'm going to keep the Scorpio edition because I don't have a care about the way the added details look.

I thought that too but as I mentioned earlier - nobody noticed btw - friends that have seen the console at gamescom say that the color gradient isn't as much visible if you don't put a light source onto it.

Darklor01

I thought that too but as I mentioned earlier - nobody noticed btw - friends that have seen the console at gamescom say that the color gradient isn't as much visible if you don't put a light source onto it.

Oh, right, you did say that too. I'm a bit over-tired lately with some personal/family issues going on and my retention is failing. Makes sense I guess, however, I'll put it this way. If isn't as much visible still may stick out to you as something of a point where you'd rather not have it that way at all, you should probably wait/get the other version when possible.

MilkyJoe

I am still undecided!

If the pre-orders are out before launch day, which I assume they will be, I will most likely cancel my Scorpio and pre-order at a bricks and mortar establishment. My neighbour is a c*nt so I don't want him taking it in and if it's delivered to work I got to get it home on a commuter line.

Oh and I prefer the all black.

I'm 99% sure I'm going to cancel my Scorpio preorder and jump on a standard SKU. I mailed a bunch of postcards to Taco Bell though so I'm hoping I'll win one from them lol.

E92 M3

Walmart app mobile app has pre-orders right now for the one X Scorpio edition! Was just able to grab one and got a confirmation from walmart.com right away. They even allow for in-store pickups!

I wouldn't trust Walmart with limited editions, but hope everything works out.

Update on this for anyone interested. Looks like they're still up but...

- Wal-mart does pre-authorize your card when placing the order
- Shipping arrives on November 16th, store pickup says December 5th for me.

I am still undecided!

Ever since you mentioned the edges, they've bugged me. I might go with the all black.

Good to know.

MrBlonde

I missed the boat on this, anyone still taking pre orders? I really don't feel like running around the day its released trying to hunt one down.

I missed the boat on this, anyone still taking pre orders? I really don't feel like running around the day its released trying to hunt one down.

Wal-Mart has some Project Scorpio edition consoles via the mobile app, but they don't look to be release date delivery. Otherwise, Microsoft has said we'll get info about regular edition pre-orders in September.

I'm 99% sure I'm going to cancel my Scorpio preorder and jump on a standard SKU. I mailed a bunch of postcards to Taco Bell though so I'm hoping I'll win one from them lol.

Where'd you place your pre-order?

Klocker

Update on this for anyone interested. Looks like they're still up but...

- Wal-mart does pre-authorize your card when placing the order
- Shipping arrives on November 16th, store pickup says December 5th for me.

Says I can get mine Nov 10.
I have an amazon preorder but no delivery date, thinking about this but does the pre authorizarion stay on the card?

Also wondering anyone know if I just wait if standard models will be release day 1 once preorders go up?

jelly

scorpionumidosf.jpg

I thought this was just a unique number for each console on the side but it's actually the year of each Xbox launch.

Original Xbox - 2001
Xbox 360 - 2005
Xbox 360 Slim - 2010
Xbox One - 2013
Xbox One X - 2017

I guess the 360 RROD hurt that much, that S counts! No Xbox One S '2016' or Xbox 360 E '2013'

frogger

Gamestop is giving 150 trade in credit for original 500GB xbox one, I am thinking trading it in. It requires power up membership which cost 15. So I get about 135 for the original xbox one, is that a good value? I will have no xbox one for 2 month, but I think I can live with that.

MilkyJoe

scorpionumidosf.jpg

I thought this was just a unique number for each console on the side but it's actually the year of each Xbox launch.

Original Xbox - 2001
Xbox 360 - 2005
Xbox 360 Slim - 2010
Xbox One - 2013
Xbox One X - 2017

I guess the 360 RROD hurt that much, that S counts! No Xbox One S '2016' or Xbox 360 E '2013'

That was in that teaser video leading up to E3

Kibbles

I am still undecided!
I want the free stand but don't like the look of the Scorpio edition :( Tough decision. Guess I'll just stick with it and not cause any hassle.

Colbert

Banned
I want the free stand but don't like the look of the Scorpio edition :( Tough decision. Guess I'll just stick with it and not cause any hassle.

The stand is around $25 iirc. Not really a reason to buy a console you don't like the look of it.

Johnohno

So Amazon UK decided to cancel my order as it appeared fraudulent...

I was out at Gamescom when I ordered whereas normally I'm in the UK. Nice of them to ring / mail me to check if it was me or not before cancelling.... Hopefully they get more Scorpio edition ones in stock :(

The stand is around $25 iirc. Not really a reason to buy a console you don't like the look of it.

It's also worth noting that the stand should have a really simple design akin to the One S stand. You'll see 3D-printed versions as well as generic ones in no time at all.

Colbert

Banned
I seem to be in the minority that actually loves the look of the Scorpio edition. Definitely sticking with that.

No, you are just a part of the not so vocal majority! Its always us in the minority bitching around about first world problems!

Darklor01

I actually like the look of the standard edition more than the Scorpio, though, I don't dislike the Scorpio edition. I also want the stand, and don't feel like cancelling my order. I'll enjoy it regardless and not care about the aesthetics of it. I don't have friends over, my wife won't look at it at all, and I couldn't really care one way or the other. I'm an odd duck.

I had no idea people cared so much about the color. I am excited because iam finally going to get a special edition of a system since i always buy on launch days its always boring black. I hope everyone ends up with what they want though

You guys think the ks8000 will be a good fit for this console?

The ks8000 is PERFECT for the One X. Actually, my budget was $2000 last Dec for a new TV. I narrowed my options down to either the ks8000-65 or LGuh8500-65, both did 4k HDR-10, Dolby Vision, ect, with all the bells and whistles needed for gaming, with the ks8000 having a slightly better (and brighter) picture.

In the end i ended up going with the LG, only because i have a huge collection of 3D movies and the LGuh8500 2016 model was the last TV rolling out that supported 3D. Honestly if not for the 3D i would have went with the ks8000, but non the less still love my LG and am very happy with it for gaming. My cousin went with the ks8000-65 literally the same week i got mine, and boy do the colors pop on that thing!!!

If you got the budget for a good gaming TV, you can't get any better then the ks8000 with a budget say of $1800 or below.

sportz103

Went ahead and bought a new TV today for my Scorpio, an LG E7 OLED. Now to hope that Walmart doesn't actually make me wait until December like it says

I am still undecided!

I will likely switch over. Don't really want that matrix green text on the front of the box.

Bsigg12

I still haven't received my codes! I hope they send them tomorrow because I would like to use the first one when the contest opens.

I seem to be in the minority that actually loves the look of the Scorpio edition. Definitely sticking with that.

I have seen maybe 10, and at most 15 people on here who said they do not like the Scorpio Edition. Trust me, they are in the minority! Compare them 10-15 people to the amount that PreOrdered it, and it's simply rediculous to believe we are in the minority.

I prefer the SE to the OG XBX, all preference, but at the same time, it's also so much more enticing just knowing it's a limited Edition and will never be sold again.

10-20 years from now, throw this baby on Ebay and you will get double of what you would get from a regular lookin XBX (i would never do that, but from a collectors stand-point it's a fact).

Personally im a collector, which makes the SE that much more special for me to have!

curtismyhero

Neo Member
In regards to potential new tvs, if budget allows I'd recommend the Samsung Q9F. One of the brightest panels I've seen to date, that will easily shine in the brightest room.

However if you can find the Ks9800 (last year Samsung flagship that is sadly discontinued) then this is the one you'll want to grab. Full array local dimming that gives the best quality in brights, colors and blacks.

Of course if budget is no concern then I'd point to OLED. Just note that oled does not get as bright as lcd tech, so it'll be a give and take in certain regards. I own both the ks9800 (living room TV) and new q9f (bedroom) and both are amazing in their own right.

gt86

I’m currently playing uncharted lost legacy on my pro and ks8000, can’t wait to see what ms can do with the Xbox one x

I preordered using Gamestop credit and the remainder on my credit card but i plan to trade in my PS4 this weekend for additional credit. If i can't make an adjustment to my order to use this additional credit I'll just cancel my order and wait until additional units are available.

I have seen maybe 10, and at most 15 people on here who said they do not like the Scorpio Edition. Trust me, they are in the minority! Compare them 10-15 people to the amount that PreOrdered it, and it's simply rediculous to believe we are in the minority.

I prefer the SE to the OG XBX, all preference, but at the same time, it's also so much more enticing just knowing it's a limited Edition and will never be sold again.

10-20 years from now, throw this baby on Ebay and you will get double of what you would get from a regular lookin XBX (i would never do that, but from a collectors stand-point it's a fact).

Personally im a collector, which makes the SE that much more special for me to have!

Maybe even $50,000!

I don't know. I don't dislike the Scorpio edition, but I was wary because the gradient seemed so bright. As this is supposedly not the case, I'll most likely keep my Scorpio edition.

How come?

I don't really like the green text and the gradient bothers me even more. Plus I don't need a vertical stand. I'd like to see it in person though if I'm able.

Where'd you place your pre-order?

I have one at both Amazon and Gamestop in case one didn't go through.

I still haven't received my codes! I hope they send them tomorrow because I would like to use the first one when the contest opens.

I ended up mailing in some requests, but I doubt I'll get mine in time since I didn't do it until yesterday. Maybe they're not emailing them until Thursday though and we, or at least you, will still have a shot.

The ks8000 is PERFECT for the One X. Actually, my budget was $2000 last Dec for a new TV. I narrowed my options down to either the ks8000-65 or LGuh8500-65, both did 4k HDR-10, Dolby Vision, ect, with all the bells and whistles needed for gaming, with the ks8000 having a slightly better (and brighter) picture.

In the end i ended up going with the LG, only because i have a huge collection of 3D movies and the LGuh8500 2016 model was the last TV rolling out that supported 3D. Honestly if not for the 3D i would have went with the ks8000, but non the less still love my LG and am very happy with it for gaming. My cousin went with the ks8000-65 literally the same week i got mine, and boy do the colors pop on that thing!!!

If you got the budget for a good gaming TV, you can't get any better then the ks8000 with a budget say of $1800 or below.

This one?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072HNTTY3/?tag=neogaf0e-20

_SAKY_

I keep seeing folks here contemplating scorpio edition vs standard edition. Does anyone have a side by side comparison of the two versions?

Top Bottom