• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Colbert

Banned
https://www.heise.de/newsticker/mel...tes-Geraet-mit-der-Schnittstelle-3820194.html

heise.de translated from german said:
A HDMI licensing spokesman confirmed that they currently assume that the Microsoft's forthcoming Xbox One X releasing November 7 will be the first device to already support HDMI 2.1.

The spokesman also suggests that the Xbox One X will support the VRR feature (Variable Refresh Rate)

Edits:
I hope you are all okay with it that I use this thread for such news as it may influence pre-order decisions.
I made a thread for it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1426976

Guerrilla

Just grab a Sammy KS and use that for the next 4 - 5 years, it's still an amazing TV. Then after that get an OLED when the tech is better and prices are more reasonable. That's what I decided to do instead of jumping on the LG bandwagon in the early days. Couldn't be happier with my purchase!

Yeah probably going with samsung, this one has been catching my eye:
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B06Y2TW5DC/

might even go down a little more till november...

iMax

I don't want to sound like a broken record but if a customer wants a 4k UHD TV they are likely to want to pass through 4k signal from a set top box aren't they? In a lot of cases, if not the majority of them. This is a box targeted at an audience with a 4k TV or wanting to upgrade to one after all.

Where is my pass through?!

Of course, Sky UK still haven't bothered doing anything about UHD as far as I can tell so I'm only losing a 4k signal and not the lovely UHD goodness.

===

Edit: OMG. I am out of the loop. Sky rolled it out on 13 August. Need to get home and download some movies.......

Sky has been broadcasting 4K content for well over a year actually, not just this month.

Sky has been broadcasting 4K content for well over a year actually, not just this month.

Yeah. It was fake news. I was told HDR by a colleague at work and then typed UHD in my excitement without checking the internets first. I've been watching 4k since it launched on Sky. I want my HDR though. :(

RootCause

So what game are you guys/gals going to play first? I'm Probably going with AC:O first, then Gears4, and DR4.
Still holding out a little tiny bit hope that MCC gets patched. Would be nice to give the series another try.

https://www.heise.de/newsticker/mel...tes-Geraet-mit-der-Schnittstelle-3820194.html

Edits:
I hope you are all okay with it that I use this thread for such news as it may influence pre-order decisions.
I made a thread for it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1426976
That's huge.

deadfolk

So what game are you guys/gals going to play first? I'm Probably going with AC:O first, then Gears4, and DR4.
Still holding out a little tiny bit hope that MCC gets patched. Would be nice to give the series another try.

That's huge.

AC:O, Forza 7, and FH3 if the patch is there.

And maybe Destiny 2 if it's updated. And if I decide to pick it up.

Wolfenstein II. I'll probably wait to start it until Nov 7. My B6 is ready and the wait is killing me.

Norse

Best buy currently has $100 off the 50" Hisense h8c 4k HDR TV. For a gaming tv, $399 is dirt cheap. Some gaf members seem to like it's performance.

If you're in the market for a new TV for the X, I highly recommend using a credit card that will price match Black Friday deals such as Discover or Citi.

Rourkey

Won't vrr require devs to allow the unlocking of frame rates, will they do that when they seem to aim for parity as much as possible across systems? Will they unlock destiny 2 for XB1X for example?

C4Lukins

Is there a difference in load times with either of those drives?

Sorry I have no idea. I understood the technical shit 10 years ago. All I know is that I am happy with my purchase.

It seems to run great, and not having to deal with constantly deleting stuff is nice.

I am enjoying my video game experience much more then I was. That is the best I can give you.

Novocaine

So I ended up grabbing one of these Seagate 8TB drives. I had to get it from Amazon though because I couldn't find an Australian seller.

I know it's powered with a wall socket. I'm wondering if anybody here has bought one and does it come with different fittings in the box for different countries like the WD ones do?

images

Colbert

Banned
So I ended up grabbing one of these Seagate 8TB drives. I had to get it from Amazon though because I couldn't find an Australian seller.

I know it's powered with a wall socket. I'm wondering if anybody here has bought one and does it come with different fittings in the box for different countries like the WD ones do?

images

I hope you ordered the black edition if you plan to use it with your Xbox One X ...

Theorry

Guys this game got a OT.

Dauntless BETA |OT| XX Gon' Give It To Ya

So yeah. Phil the Power its gonna be for the official Xbox One OT. :D

Hawk269

I hope you ordered the black edition if you plan to use it with your Xbox One X ...

Hold the phone....There is a black version?? When did that get announced? I been wanting to get one of those for when the Xbox One X comes out, but did not want one until I could get it in black.

Grabbed myself a 5gb external drive and copied over all my games yesterday. It's going to be so nice just hooking up the drive to the X and having everything installed.

Colbert

Banned
I found the first good photo of the Scorpio Special Edition on twitter just seconds ago!

DIuQIkSUIAAlWgP.jpg:large

From that photo the Special Edition looks good enough for me to keep the pre-order. Decision made!

gamz

I found the first good photo of the Scorpio Special Edition on twitter just seconds ago!

From that photo the Special Edition looks good enough for me to keep the pre-order. Decision made!

That looks really purty. The controller looks massive next to it.

That's a nice picture. The gradient doesn't look as offensive in this view. It seems the semi reflective properties of the plastic can make it look very different under certain lighting conditions.

Mine will be going on a black shelf in a dark-ish hole so it should be fine. I will keep the Scorpio version unless MS decide to bundle a game with the launch version or something like that.

Hawk269

6YLa4Yw.png

Because the Xbox One X is black !?

Hmm...I just checked Amazon U.S. and only the white one comes up. Going to have to do some digging cause I definitely want one, especially for the extra space and the front facing USB ports. Is the drive a 7200 rpm?

JeffG

Hmm...I just checked Amazon U.S. and only the white one comes up. Going to have to do some digging cause I definitely want one, especially for the extra space and the front facing USB ports. Is the drive a 7200 rpm?

Newegg had some (at least in Canada)

The Llama

Are there some recommended external HDD's for this? Might pick one up. I put a 2TB internal drive in my PS4 Pro and that's been more than enough for me, so a 1 or 2TB is all I need for the XboneX.

Theorry

Are there some recommended external HDD's for this? Might pick one up. I put a 2TB internal drive in my PS4 Pro and that's been more than enough for me, so a 1 or 2TB is all I need for the XboneX.

WD elements 2TB are great. Small, reliable, no extra power needed just plug it in the console and done. And its priced nicely.

munroe

Looks good. Still don't like the text on the controller but it looks fine on the console, when MS opens up the standard pre-orders, I think I'll stick with my Scorpio edition.

I know they said it was the smallest Xbox, but compared to the controller, didn't realise it was that small.

alexbull_uk

I’m guessing that there aren’t going to be any more Scorpio editions available to preorder from now then?

I’d go for it day one if I could get a Scorpio edition.

Top Bottom