• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

etta

my hard graphic balls
The problem is that Seagate hasn't been saying. You have to rely on people on the internet tearing apart USB hard drives and figuring out what actual hard disk is in it.

Well I don't buy any drives that aren't Western Digital, hopefully they won't start using it too.

Well I don't buy any drives that aren't Western Digital, hopefully they won't start using it too.

Same here. I've heard nothing but bad things about seagate ever since I first got into computers. I thought people were talking out of their ass, but I've personally had one too many issues as well. I'm western digital all the way.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Same here. I've heard nothing but bad things about seagate ever since I first got into computers. I thought people were talking out of their ass, but I've personally had one too many issues as well. I'm western digital all the way.

i was seagate only until after i got my nas

4 failures within a month... i put in WD REDs as they failed. zero failures 4 years later.

maxtor was the company that had shit drives, and somehow they infected seagate

def sim

xbox-one-x-4.jpg

xbox-one-x-scorpio-stand.jpg

Is it actually textured or just a piece of vinyl decal/sticker? It doesn't look very good, especially since the edge cuts off the color. A simple green "Project Scorpio" on an all black console would have been preferable.

Klocker

Is it actually textured or just a piece of vinyl decal/sticker? It doesn't look very good, especially since the edge cuts off the color. A simple green "Project Scorpio" on an all black console would have been preferable.

It's Screen printed on to case.

Colbert

Banned
I found the first good photo of the Scorpio Special Edition on twitter just seconds ago!

DIuQIkSUIAAlWgP.jpg:large

From that photo the Special Edition looks good enough for me to keep the pre-order. Decision made!

I'm on the fence with it,

DHrqOg3UMAAv0TS.jpg

Anyone got a better pic of it than this?

I think the picture I posted is the best with balanced light sources (You have to look at it at full resolution). People that were on gamescom told me the color gradient isn't as much noticeable as it looks on some images because of the flash lights or other light sources used there.

Snubbers

Hats off to MS on this one, the whole migration from XO to XOX seems well thought out for a change.

I bought a 2TB Firecuda 2.5" Drive with a USB 3 enclosure (ASM1153e chipset) to transfer my existing games on the XO, the added bonus (as already evident) is the loading performance of games has been significantly reduced, and some games like Destiny, it's quite evident in-game where the inventory icons load a damn sight quicker..

Be interesting to see if the Internal HDD on XOX is any quicker than the original or if External HDDs still offer a performance benefit.

Raide

Haha! You just pass casually by the console and "oops kids, seems the Xbox decided to rest a bit. Playtime's over!"

I need to keep my TV cabinet shut with my daughter, she loves to press that round and lit button.

I have a cat that brushed it with its tail and powered it down. It's just at that perfect height for nudging against.

Looking at the possibility of external storage. Not sure if I should go WD Elements or get a hdd enclosure and put my own in. Thinking Ssd but I am not sure if the storage and speed benifits will be there for 1X.

Haha! You just pass casually by the console and "oops kids, seems the Xbox decided to rest a bit. Playtime's over!"

I need to keep my TV cabinet shut with my daughter, she loves to press that round and lit button.

I have the S, so my button is a little "clicky" now. Stops the cats playing with as they did when they were younger.

The kids get the 5 minute warning, the 2 minute warning, the hover over the power button allowing time to save and then the press. This is not North Korea.

I have the S, so my button is a little "clicky" now. Stops the cats playing with as they did when they were younger.

The kids get the 5 minute warning, the 2 minute warning, the hover over the power button allowing time to save and then the press. This is not North Korea.

Haha! I have the S too, but it actually just made it more tempting and fun than the touch button!

Colbert

Banned
I have a cat that brushed it with its tail and powered it down. It's just at that perfect height for nudging against.

Looking at the possibility of external storage. Not sure if I should go WD Elements or get a hdd enclosure and put my own in. Thinking Ssd but I am not sure if the storage and speed benifits will be there for 1X.

WD My Passport 4TB are relieable, small and silent!

Cyriades

Hats off to MS on this one, the whole migration from XO to XOX seems well thought out for a change.

I bought a 2TB Firecuda 2.5" Drive with a USB 3 enclosure (ASM1153e chipset) to transfer my existing games on the XO, the added bonus (as already evident) is the loading performance of games has been significantly reduced, and some games like Destiny, it's quite evident in-game where the inventory icons load a damn sight quicker..

Be interesting to see if the Internal HDD on XOX is any quicker than the original or if External HDDs still offer a performance benefit.

You cant swap the internal HDD on this thing?

Lima

Gone again on my screen.

I assume their stock control system puts it back up if someone cancels and takes it down when sold.

Yes that's exactly it. The Scorpio edition is sold out. Any that go back up for pre-order are because of people canceling.

Lucifon

I'm on the fence with it,

DHrqOg3UMAAv0TS.jpg

Anyone got a better pic of it than this?

Looks pretty meh to me. If the normal editions are a fair bit later than Scorpio editions then I'll suck it up, but if they're opening up normal edition preorders for the delivery on the same day then I think I'll switch my preorder. Why not just make the exact same console but with the subtle Scorpio edition text? Don't screw with the design damnit...

Looks pretty meh to me. If the normal editions are a fair bit later than Scorpio editions then I'll suck it up, but if they're opening up normal edition preorders for the delivery on the same day then I think I'll switch my preorder. Why not just make the exact same console but with the subtle Scorpio edition text? Don't screw with the design damnit...

Standard editon will be released on the same day. And the quantities will likely be even more than Scorpio Editon.

Snubbers

You cant swap the internal HDD on this thing?

I meant if the internal HDD Is quicker on the XOX than the XO, then it might negate any performance increase using an external drive..

Today it's a win-win, using an EXT HDD for games you get more space and better performance..

And I've just ordered a Firecuda for my new PS4 Pro, that does allow internal HDD Upgrades which is a bit neater, it's mainly just for the storage space, 1TB these days is pitiful on any console, you run out of room after a handful of games..

I might just want and see if they come with bundles, so maybe a Assassin's Creed bundle for example? If they do, I might just change my preorder into that.

Vapor Chamber cooling solution prevents actually holes in the chassis. Screen printing the holes to match the branding and look of the S is a good idea. Looks like a product family.

Hexer06

I might just want and see if they come with bundles, so maybe a Assassin's Creed bundle for example? If they do, I might just change my preorder into that.

I was hoping for this as well. But I don't think any Scorpio editions are being bundled with games sadly, and I definitely want the Scorpio edition. Still gonna get AC tho cuz it looks amazing! After seeing Gamersyde's 4k video, I was sold. Just looks SO clean and the colors are beautiful!

Top Bottom