• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Tarrin

I'm still undecided if I'll buy one at launch or no, but the good thing with Amazon is you don't get charged till shipping date.

So I would pre-order one if the darn pre-orders would go up!

Hoo-doo

Banned
I think a Crackdown 3 bundle is inevitable due to both the system and game releasing on the same day.

I don't think Crackdown 3 will be their flagship title anytime soon after that atrocious showing this E3.
Like echoed in various press outlets, Crackdown 3 is showing all the signs of a game that went through deep development hell. Visually it is also a ridiculously poor showcase for the XB1X power.

Lasty95

Dunno Sony got to number one because the PS4 was slightly more powerful then the Xbox One and Microsoft seemed anti consumer (always on no sharing). Now it's flipped Xbox One X is much more powerful then PS4 pro and Sony seems more anti consumer (no cross play, destiny dlc etc..)

PS4 pro was my go to for 3rd party stuff, that all changes for me once xbox one x hits.

XB has lost this battle because of games, plain and simple. I've never considered the Bone's relatively poor sales to be anything much at all to do with power. X1X is an answer to the completely wrong question.

So what's on offer here is access to exactly the same pool of games that have so far failed to attract the customers, only this time they're expecting you to pay much, much for for them

They'd have been far better off releasing a dirt cheap XB to shift the value proposition towards them.

The initial batch of pre-orders will sell well because of you lot, but beyond that it's DOA.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I could go for a Crackdown 3 bundle. But I wouldn't buy FM7 until the X launches, so a bundle with that would also suit me.

XB has lost this battle because of games, plain and simple. I've never considered the Bone's relatively poor sales to be anything much at all to do with power. X1X is an answer to the completely wrong question.

So what's on offer here is access to exactly the same pool of games that have so far failed to attract the customers, only this time they're expecting you to pay much, much for for them

They'd have been far better off releasing a dirt cheap XB to shift the value proposition towards them.

The initial batch of pre-orders will sell well because of you lot, but beyond that it's DOA.

Yeah it truly is a wasteland when you look at their game catalog. I'm still shocked how little they had to show it's so crazy.

Side point is Statham posting or did this E3 give him a coronary

Y9C2XWe.png

Aaron, Pre-Order breh!

Lordy this stuff is so desperate. MS what happened to you

Maximus P

I really do hope they get the ball moving soon with bundle announcements. Custom designer lab controllers are finally available in the UK and I'm holding off getting one to see of any elite controller bundles are thrown in the mix.

Yeah it truly is a wasteland when you look at their game catalog. I'm still shocked how little they had to show it's so crazy.

I don't understand how you can call it a wasteland. Why?

Because the games aren't exclusive?
Because they aren't AAA?
Because they don't appeal to you?

They literally showed more games than any other conference at E3.

Cuphead
Sea of Thieves
Crackdown
Forza
State of Decay
The Last Night
All the Major 3rd party games

How is that a wasteland?

dyergram

If you think $499 is expensive, it's £449 which is $570 je-suz ms gives zero fucks about the uk lol. The website is cool as fuck though I'll give them that.

gamz

Lordy this stuff is so desperate. MS what happened to you

Trolling in the pre-order thread. Jealous or feel threatened warrior?

Hoo-doo

Banned

He was responding to the guy acting like it was the power difference that caused Sony to dominate the generation.

Which is complete bullshit and always has been.

Because they aren't AAA?

Cuphead
Sea of Thieves
Crackdown
Forza
State of Decay
The Last Night

How is that a wasteland?

Of course I'm talking about exclusives. It's the most powerful console and has no flagship title. Plus of the titles you listed the only one that actually looks great is Forza but the rest you don't need anything but an S for. Not to mention that SoT, State of Decay and Crackdown didn't show well.

I'm sorry man I was around for the MS that released Gears and Halo 3. This is some underwhelming stuff

Huh I hope I'm not coming across combative. I'm just legit bummed about it

Because they aren't AAA?

Cuphead
Sea of Thieves
Crackdown
Forza
State of Decay
The Last Night

How is that a wasteland?

Why even engange in that conversation with those people?
Not really Xbox One X preorder related, don't you think?
In 2013 it was all about better multiplats and exclusives didn't matter. Now it's the opposite. We just have to live with that ;)

Ushay

Because they aren't AAA?

Cuphead
Sea of Thieves
Crackdown
Forza
State of Decay
The Last Night

How is that a wasteland?

AAA or get out, is the mentality many have. Also 3rd party doesn't count. Ridiculous I know.

That being said, there was a distinct lack of bigger projects at the show, criticism does need to be voiced to MS to get their ass into gear. They have nailed every aspect of the platform apart from games.

panda-zebra

Not sure about all this talk of bundles. I feel there will be an elite option with the better controller and a different HDD for another $100 (don't expect to see this in all territories, just tier 1 usual suspects) and the offering we've seen at $499.

There might be some kind of soft bundling with stickers on the box and download codes inside later on, but it just doesn't feel like day 1 stuff: initial audience highly skews to existing user base and including software doesn't seem necessary.

No proper bundle in a specially designed game-oriented box until following holiday season. Origins will be an S bundle.

Ushay

He was responding to the guy acting like it was the power difference that caused Sony to dominate the generation.

MS goofing online policy, Power, Price and games. Come on man, there were a multitude of reasons that snowballed into MS getting trounced.

AAA or get out, is the mentality many have. Also 3rd party doesn't count. Ridiculous I know.

That being said, there was a distinct lack of bigger projects at the show, criticism does need to be voiced to MS to get their ass into gear. They have nailed every aspect of the platform apart from games.

Yeah but then how does any of the rest of that matter when you have failed at the most important part

Lasty95

Because they aren't AAA?

Cuphead
Sea of Thieves
Crackdown
Forza
State of Decay
The Last Night

How is that a wasteland?

Yes
Yes
Yes

That really isn't a very impressive list you've got there, and it was probably one of their strongest years so far.

Anyway, noted that this perhaps isn't the most appropriate thread for the X1X-bashing. I'll take my disdain elsewhere.

Hoo-doo

Banned
MS goofing online policy, Power, Price and games. Come on man, there were a multitude of reasons that snowballed into MS getting trounced.

Of which power is the lowest on that list in terms of impact.
And they are making the exact same pricing error with the XB1X, and Forza being their only graphical flagship is kind of disappointing. Hopefully next E3 will finally show some new first-party stuff.

KodiakGT

Said poster also suggested the real reason was games catalog, which is equivalently bullshit. It was a combination of price, power, and brand appeal (particularly overseas). Games catalog disparity has only been a major factor the last year or so.

The problem with everyone reasoning's behind why Sony dominated is they pick one reason when Sony initially had multiple reasons. It could be the power, games or just the bad reveal and likely all of the above. My whole point is nobody knows for sure and if Greenberg is alluding to power being the reason my only thought to that is ...maybe

Lima

It's a shame that people don't realize how much better State of Decay 2 will be compared to Days Gone. But muh graphics.

And they are making the exact same pricing error with the XB1X, and Forza being their only graphical flagship is kind of disappointing. Hopefully next E3 will finally show some new first-party stuff.[/QUOTE

there is just no way to know what had the most or least impact .

edit: Back on topic I think they do need to include a game which I would say Forza 7 but that might be the only game that sells well so maybe Crackdown . Or anything that may be able to show off native 4k and makes people feel better about the price .

Lasty95

Said poster also suggested the real reason was games catalog, which is equivalently bullshit. It was a combination of price, power, and brand appeal (particularly overseas). Games catalog disparity has only been a major factor the last year or so.

That statement is completely delusional.

Shall I make you a list?

Nutter

And they are making the exact same pricing error with the XB1X, and Forza being their only graphical flagship is kind of disappointing. Hopefully next E3 will finally show some new first-party stuff.

Power was and remains a reason why many folks get their multiplatform games on PS4/Pro. Pretending that folks who play these games didn't get a PS4 for that reason is ignorance. Showcase titles matter less to main stream, its the forums that make them into more than what they actually are. with 60 Million PS4's, I would like to see someone defend a showcase title like Horizon doing only 3.5 million sales.

Hoo-doo

Banned
It's a shame that people don't realize how much better State of Decay 2 will be compared to Days Gone. But muh graphics.

It's a shame that people feel the need to make statements like these when they haven't played either game.

I thought State of Decay was a serviceable game and the sequel is probably fine, but we don't know shit about Day's Gone at all.

Theorry

Days Gone and State of Decay have way different gameplay compared to eachother.
Its a zombie game and open world. There it ends.

I don't think Crackdown 3 will be their flagship title anytime soon after that atrocious showing this E3.
Like echoed in various press outlets, Crackdown 3 is showing all the signs of a game that went through deep development hell. Visually it is also a ridiculously poor showcase for the XB1X power.
Ok I was making sure my monitor didn't take a dump. It looked horrible, I thought something was up with me.

cucuchu

Two entirely different types of games, so I am a bit confused by the comparison. That being said, it does not look like State of Decay 2 will be a showcase of X1X capabilities where as Days Gone will be a showcase of the PS4 Pro capabilities.

Anyways I will be preordering the X1X and probably getting State of Decay 2 when it releases, as well as Days Gone for the Pro, but I am not looking for a similar experience between the two.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Quite a lot of people who are clearly not interested in preordering the X commenting in a thread about X preorders.

Plenty of other places you could bitch about XB1 release strategies: like 2013, for example.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Ok I was making sure my monitor didn't take a dump. It looked horrible, I thought something was up with me.

It looked like a completely different game. I wonder whether last year's video was even real at this point.

But looking at the E3 2017 trailer again, yikes. That game looks stuck in 2010.

Theorry

Think Crackdown looked fine. Trailer was bad but every showing during E3 was way better and people saying it looked good.

EsteemedInsistentFirecrest.gif

Hoo-doo

Banned
Think Crackdown looked fine. Trailer was bad but every showing during E3 was way better and people saying it looked good.

EsteemedInsistentFirecrest.gif

I think that still looks dated, to be honest. The cell-shaded look is really doing it no favors at all. Compare it to the footage they showed last year and it's day and night.

Pre-E3 people were expecting Crackdown 3 to be THE showcase for the XB1X power. It squandered it so far.

Theorry

I think that still looks dated, to be honest. The cell-shaded look is really doing it no favors at all. Compare it to the footage they showed last year and it's day and night.

Pre-E3 people were expecting Crackdown 3 to be THE showcase for the XB1X power. It squandered it so far.

Wich footage?

Lasty95

Crackdown could well be a lot of fun, but as a showcase title for XB, let alone X1X was an enormous let down.

Was very difficult to get excited about it.

im_dany

That can hardly be considered the reason when Horizon barely sold 4M on over 60M consoles, and that's the biggest and more marketable new IP by Sony.

XB1 has had a pretty good selection of games, arguably even better than PS4 until 2016, but was the worst console, with the higher price, with the weakest hardware and a broken OS. And that's without considering the incredibly bad reputation they got before the gen even started.

But if you really think PS4 has consistently outsold X1 since 2013 because of the 2017-2018 lineup, that's a different thing.

X1X is going to sell considerably less than Pro because it'll be atleast 100 more, because 4K is not widespread enough and because PS has a far bigger userbase in Europe.
But considering the price and how they've always talked about it as a "premium hardware", I don't think they are launching it because they really think they can save the gen. My guess is they want to have a cheaper hardware for when PS5 launches, so they can have another new Xbox out and have both run the same games with different preset, while instead the Pro is probably going to be left behind when PS5 launches.

Top Bottom