• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Commander Keen

Neo Member
ALl I got after contacting support is: "I checked and saw that there was some inventory issues. I have changed it to the fastest shipping possible without any further charges form you. So when it comes in stock you will receive an email regarding this and also will receive it within a day"

Not getting it am I?
That’s s tough one. Was it for Scorpio ver.? I’ve read that there might be multiple waves of shipping from amazon. If u DON’T mind not getting the Scorpio ver., Bestbuy has normal X still up for pre order. I ordered one of those as a backup Incase amazon dropped the ball. Got my Pro on launch day last year from Amazon, didn’t find out date on it until week before.

csamuelsvt

Neo Member
That’s s tough one. Was it for Scorpio ver.? I’ve read that there might be multiple waves of shipping from amazon. If u DON’T mind not getting the Scorpio ver., Bestbuy has normal X still up for pre order. I ordered one of those as a backup Incase amazon dropped the ball. Got my Pro on launch day last year from Amazon, didn’t find out date on it until week before.

Yeah I just preordered through Best Buy for in store pickup for the regular version. I have talked to 3 different Amazon people just to see what they said. Received 3 different answers.

What I am seeing is if you don't have a notification saying you're getting it soon, you aren't getting it Nov 7th. They don't have enough of the scorpio editions, which sucks because i preordered as soon as it went up.

WadeitOut

Yeah I just preordered through Best Buy for in store pickup for the regular version. I have talked to 3 different Amazon people just to see what they said. Received 3 different answers.

What I am seeing is if you don't have a notification saying you're getting it soon, you aren't getting it Nov 7th. They don't have enough of the scorpio editions, which sucks because i preordered as soon as it went up.

This would be a total bummer for me since I actually cancelled my Best Buy Scorpio Edition because I got my Amazon one in. Lesson learned.

Amazon Rep just told me my pre-order of Scorpio it's out of stock. When I asked how come I wasn't told he signed off. hahaha, wonderful.

Might have to go to gamestop now.

csamuelsvt

Neo Member
Amazon Rep just told me my pre-order of Scorpio it's out of stock. When I asked how come I wasn't told he signed off. hahaha, wonderful.

Might have to go to gamestop now.

Yup basically what happened to me. I'm done with Amazon. They used to be good with the prime discount and great with games/systems(I got my PS4 Pro/PS4/Xbox One through them on time no issues) but ever since certain games came out 2K Bball, EA Sports games, they have been terrible. What happened to me with this release, is just unacceptable.

Praying that Best Buy comes through as it says my order will be ready for pickup next Tuesday.

MrBenchmark

ALl I got after contacting support is: "I checked and saw that there was some inventory issues. I have changed it to the fastest shipping possible without any further charges form you. So when it comes in stock you will receive an email regarding this and also will receive it within a day"

Not getting it am I?
I got the same bullshit answer today I preordered the moment it went live and paid in full.

I'm so mad right now.. Amazon still says my order is processing after calling them. FML. Wife pre-ordered it as soon as it went up.. any ideas? So salty..

crpav

I got the same bullshit answer today I preordered the moment it went live and paid in full.

Yes for the Scorpio edition which as a collector is what I want most. I also have a Best Buy one in case so hoping I get one.

Sounder2

I'm so mad right now.. Amazon still says my order is processing after calling them. FML. Wife pre-ordered it as soon as it went up.. any ideas? So salty..

Your date doesnt change until your local warehouse gets them in and put in to inventory. So regardless of how many times you call or chat them if your warehouse doesnt have any it acts like its going to ship from farther away.

WadeitOut

Your date doesnt change until your local warehouse gets them in and put in to inventory. So regardless of how many times you call or chat them if your warehouse doesnt have any it acts like its going to ship from farther away.

Yeah I still haven't given up on getting it on time. I spoke with chat the other day and was told I should still get it on release date.

You will always get people on amazon support that just look at the information and either assume incorrectly or get told misinformation from a superior.

Added a normal preorder on BB as well. Could care less what edition it is. Will give Amazon a bunch of shit, cancel prime, if and when they fail me again.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Well I bought a xboxone on day one, when it come to the xboxone x I thought I don't need this. But now coming up to release I have taken the plunge. I had a look around looking for a pre order knowing i'm out of luck for a scorpio edition.

I was going to get one from the stores here in the uk, So today I decided to order one, looked on game, argos, ms store. They all only sold the standard xboxone x edition.
I then floated over to amazon.co.uk. I decided on getting it from amazon before clicking I thought i'd click on the scorpio edition thinking I would have no chance.

But it come up order now and not the usual email me. So ye I will now be a proud owner of a scorpio edition on the 7th... I'm well buzzing..

I’m amazed as it says not available for pre order on the Scorpio and the standard says delivery end of November.

Sold my XB1 S 1TB and a copy of Titanfall 2 on craigslist for $200. Not bad considering it was the Gears of War 4 bundle and I originally paid $230. Got the XB1X pre-ordered on Amazon, just wish I could find a Scorpio edition to pre-order. I can't wait though!

imperium

Does Best buy charge upon shipping or when you pre order?

I just ordered a standard edition from Best Buy since Amazon still hasn’t given me a date. I was charged the full amount when I placed the order.

I selected in-store pickup. My store is supposed to allow pickup on November 6th at 9:01pm. . Don’t know if that might impact their descion when to charge versus having it delivered.

RC0101

Pre-ordered the Scorpio edition right when they went live on Amazon, no date yet. If it doesn't get here day 1 I will live, but I am anxious to see Origins on it.

quest

Not Banned from OT

I got the same response from them just now. I'll just now until I get a 4k TV before getting a one x. That or a good deal on a normal one. Amazon has really gone down hill not sure i trust them for any major purchases in the future. I should see about canceling my prime to be honest. I'll miss fast shipping but 100 a year is to much when these mistakes are so common lately.

I've checked the Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition 1TB Console, it's now back-ordered. I'm sorry about this.

To make up for the delay, I've upgraded the shipping method from two day shipping to one day shipping.

Although the shipping method is faster, it'll take time to get the item. As soon as we receive more stock, we'll ship your order and send you an e-mail.

Pre ordered yesterday as I love gaming and still hoping MS get it together on the game front. Haven’t played anything on my One S for months and months.

If Amazon screws up again I am done. They have screwed up so much lately and their customer service is so shitty now.

I already paid it off so if they do this they are screwing me,

crpav

If Amazon screws up again I am done. They have screwed up so much lately and their customer service is so shitty now.

I already paid it off so if they do this they are screwing me,

You know I almost agree. I get that if supply can't meet demand then nothing can be done but DON'T OFFER PRE-ORDERS YOU CAN'T FILL! But my complaint is their overall crappy service.

They used to be so much better. I never used to have prime and back in the day they treated all paying customers pretty well and only prime members would get 2 day shipping and maybe some other small benefits. Any order would be at least packaged and shipped fairly quickly. Then I noticed it got to non prime members having to wait several days to a week just for the items to prepare for shipping. Then add the slow shipping on top of that. Now even as a prime member items that should be here in 2 days aren't even shipped yet that should be here tomorrow yet they are still preparing.

Calibos

You know I almost agree. I get that if supply can't meet demand then nothing can be done but DON'T OFFER PRE-ORDERS YOU CAN'T FILL! But my complaint is their overall crappy service.

They used to be so much better. I never used to have prime and back in the day they treated all paying customers pretty well and only prime members would get 2 day shipping and maybe some other small benefits. Any order would be at least packaged and shipped fairly quickly. Then I noticed it got to non prime members having to wait several days to a week just for the items to prepare for shipping. Then add the slow shipping on top of that. Now even as a prime member items that should be here in 2 days aren't even shipped yet that should be here tomorrow yet they are still preparing.

Oh man...I am nervous now...

Went to Gamestop yesterday and they laughed at me ( lit-er-ally ) ...So I was pissed this morning and burned my $150 Amazon card on an X1X pre-order...Am I fucked? I am in the mid-west US. I have always had god luck with Amazon, but this thread has me chewing my nails.

csamuelsvt

Neo Member
Oh man...I am nervous now...

Went to Gamestop yesterday and they laughed at me ( lit-er-ally ) ...So I was pissed this morning and burned my $150 Amazon card on an X1X pre-order...Am I fucked? I am in the mid-west US. I have always had god luck with Amazon, but this thread has me chewing my nails.

I highly doubt you're getting it Nov 7th. When people like me who preordered the minute we were able to on Amazon and are being told the product is on back-order, highly doubt it. I recommend Best-Buy if you can.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Ended up canning my preorder. Bought a decent laptop for destiny 2 (Alienware 17 with 1070, i7and gsync 1440p). Don’t play a ton of games any more besides destiny so dunno if I’ll will continue to invest in consoles.

Hope it great for you all but sure I’ll beable to play any MS games I want on the new laptop

Calibos

I highly doubt you're getting it Nov 7th. When people like me who preordered the minute we were able to on Amazon and are being told the product is on back-order, highly doubt it. I recommend Best-Buy if you can.

I am such a lazy idiot. Wanted this since the moment they announced but waited until the eleventh hour as always. Maybe I will try walking into a few places on launch day. I suppose if I get an email from amazon that says sometime in the next couple weeks, I will be OK with it...

crpav

I am such a lazy idiot. Wanted this since the moment they announced but waited until the eleventh hour as always. Maybe I will try walking into a few places on launch day. I suppose if I get an email from amazon that says sometime in the next couple weeks, I will be OK with it...

To clarify most of us are talking about the Scorpio edition as I am. Reason for being upset is because those are limited to only how many they make/made of that launch edition. A standard edition I wouldn't be as worried about.

Ecto311

Got a preorder for a scorpio edition on amazon with a listed date of the 7th to arrive. Don't want it now since I got an oculus. Not sure if anyone is interested before I cancel the order or how that would work but if so let me know.

So looks like we are getting screwed for the scorpio edition if we ordered from Amazon.

I ordered the minute it went live.

I was told the same shit by the rep. That he was upgrading my shipping to one day. What the hell does that even mean? Release day shipping is standard.

Fingers crossed, but I don't think this is happening.

Soundwave_Esq

Neo Member
I preordered the Scorpio Edition from Amazon on August 20th. I received my email from them October 26th, indicating that it would be delivered on Nov 7th.

solis74

Why are you guys waiting for emails from amazon?, i just go to the my order page in amazon and click the Xbox X order then click Track Package and it tells me it has my order and gives a dispatch and arrival date, do you guys not have this feature?

Question

So amazon seems to still be taking pre-orders for xbox one x, yet no mention if they will ship out on release day. Has anyone pre-ordered from amazon recently?

I am not interested in scorpio model as i do not care for the writing on controller or console, I am asking for regular model.

Why are you guys waiting for emails from amazon?, i just go to the my order page in amazon and click the Xbox X order then click Track Package and it tells me it has my order and gives a dispatch and arrival date, do you guys not have this feature?

We do, except this is the message we're seeing:
Delivery date pending
You'll get an email as soon as we can provide you with a delivery estimate.

Basically, we haven't received notification of shipment, because our orders haven't (or won't) be filled because they can't (due to limited supply).

Calibos

To clarify most of us are talking about the Scorpio edition as I am. Reason for being upset is because those are limited to only how many they make/made of that launch edition. A standard edition I wouldn't be as worried about.

Ahhhh...hope restored!!!

A little anyways. Sorry for those of you who went in for the Scorpio edition and may not get them...that's a total bummer. If I were just a few years younger, I would have pre-ordered that, but I am a no-frills gamer these days. Good luck all.

Top Bottom