• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Back then GameStop took preorders well beyond allocation. We were told as managers to just keep taking preorders I managed a store in a shady ass neighborhood too I left the company not long after that it was a nightmare and they have never done that like they did then since.

I remember Gamestop trying to get me to pre-order Halo 2 like mad. They told me that they were going to start taking 2nd day pre-order copies, because they were running out of Day 1 copies.

People complain about their obsession with pre-orders now, but back in the early-mid 2000s it was much worse in my experience.

Dierce

That is pretty damn cool. Is this confirmed or is that a edited thing someone made?
I really don't think it's real. Those guys should know better than to break NDA and also, I expect the real one to have a smooth transition into the xbox logo we all know.

edit: Well maybe it is real, kinda disappointing but it is not what's important.

When did you pre order by chance?

Are you serious? MF's.

I'll cancel, if I have to wait that long there might be an Holiday deal or something. At least an extra controller or something.

edit, confirmed. They are not getting them in. The support people are just apologizing for the error. If you dont have a date, it isnt coming.

Are you serious? MF's.

I'll cancel, if I have to wait that long there might be an Holiday deal or something. At least an extra controller or something.

edit, confirmed. They are not getting them in. The support people are just apologizing for the error. If you dont have a date, it isnt coming.

Who confirmed this? I was told an update to my order would come within 24 hours.. if you were told otherwise I'd love to know the details so I can pre order elsewhere..

Who confirmed this? I was told an update to my order would come within 24 hours.. if you were told otherwise I'd love to know the details so I can pre order elsewhere..

I was chatting with a rep who offered me one day shipping but homie straight up told me they had more pre orders than stock. Chat them up yourself. They took too many preorders it looks like. Look at the standard edition, says its being released Nov. 7th. Amazon is playing people man.

MaulerX

I was chatting with a rep who offered me one day shipping but homie straight up told me they had more pre orders than stock. Chat them up yourself. They took too many preorders it looks like. Look at the standard edition, says its being released Nov. 7th. Amazon is playing people man.

That's pretty horrible if true. I got mine thru GameStop but for those who ordered thru Amazon that's the last thing you want to hear.

RC0101

Yeah just got done chatting with Amazon and the rep was a total dick. Said it's not in stock so you are out of luck

Was pretty much told the same thing earlier....I’m pissed.

theDeeDubs

Neither my regular or Scorpio edition has a date. Don't think my XBO did either until the day of release, and I still got it release day though. I'd like to know if there are two people that use the same facility and one has a date and the other doesn't. I really think it comes down to where you live and which facility you'll be getting yours from that is determining why some are getting dates already or not. Tennessee here, and no date on either. Was going to cancel my Scorpio order once I found out if I would be getting the regular edition day one or not.

I wouldn't trust a lot of the Amazon reps in regards to this stuff. Some are just bullshutting their way through calls because they don't have the information immediately in front of them and are trying to finish your call as quickly as possible. Their customer support can either be great or trash lately depending on the person and area I've noticed.

csamuelsvt

Neo Member
Any reason to believe Best Buy regular editions won’t be there at launch? I did store pickup.

I’ll probably get screwed.

I pre-ordered Monday and pray that its there for in store pickup as well at my Best Buy store near me. Best Buy is still taking pre-orders for the regular version, so I hope they aren't doing what Amazon is doing by just simply taking preorders knowing full well they do not have stock available.

Was giving Amazon a chance for the Scorpio edition updating the shipping date till tomorrow/Friday, but looks like I will be canceling that today.

I'm having the same issue with Amazon as well. I preordered the Project Scorpio Edition the minute it went live, while watching the announcement via Mixer on August 20th. I have received zero information regarding my order. I have talked to many reps and it appears as though they're all reading through the same BS script. They keep telliing me that they have zero information to offer as the item is a preorder, unreleased, and sold out. Almost deliberately side stepping the fact that I preordered.

As a Best Buy Elite member, I'm kicking myself for not sticking with them. The Amazon chat but says my order will be shipped on the 7th, but who knows? I also emailed Amazon support and they're telling me I'll be fine, and "here's a month extension to Prime for your troubles". WTF

PaNaMa

Banned
Anyone have any experience with pre-orders directly from MS Store?
Even better, anyone in Canada?

I pre-ordered from MS store, so I believe they will meet stock obligations, but I'm wondering if they do release day delivery or just...you know ship Nov 7 and arrive a few days later type thing (usually a week later if you live in NL like me).

Capsov

I pre-ordered from MS store, so I believe they will meet stock obligations, but I'm wondering if they do release day delivery or just...you know ship Nov 7 and arrive a few days later type thing (usually a week later if you live in NL like me).

I ordered from MS store (US) and was also unsure what their deal was with release date delivery. But I actually found this quote at the bottom of the preorder page on the MS website for the scorpio edition. It only says this for scorpio edition and not the regular, but I have heard they are good with release date delivery for past releases.

"Pre-ordering now ensures you will receive the limited-quantity exclusive Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition on the product launch date of November 7, 2017. After placing your pre-order, you'll receive an email confirmation and won't be charged until your unit ships."

LCKellow1994

Neo Member
Just got confirmation from Argos that my 1X has been dispatched for delivery on the release date (7th November). I hadn't heard anything since the pre-order, so I must admit I was worried. Very happy now though.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Midnight launch confirmed at local GameStop. Set. Also picking up NFS: Payback with it. IGN early impressions are positive. Going to be a really good Monday night/Tuesday morning.

I chatted with amazon support again, this time they told me it will be delivered by the 7th and not to worry about it, then they waived my shipping charges. So I guess thats good news?

I chatted with amazon support again, this time they told me it will be delivered by the 7th and not to worry about it, then they waived my shipping charges. So I guess thats good news?

I went from 2 day shipping to 1 day after my 1st email to support. May just send another email see if I can get it on release day. I was going to wait until Friday to see if an email/delivery update is sent.

csamuelsvt

Neo Member

"lol who knows anymore. I tried again for my preordered scorpio edition and was told the following:

I have checked on your order and upon checking here that the item is still not available in our website that is why the item still did not shipped. Once the item is available we will automatically shipped the item using the expedited shipping method. Our delivery estimates are based on item availability, the quantity ordered, and selected delivery speed. Please see this link for more information

Currently, we don't know when this item will be back in stock."

Link is down. What did the video show?

Camera spins up from the Chip illuminated in neon colors and warps to black with neon flickering squares spinning like a vortex around the chip. Lasts for 2 seconds.

Then pulls up the usual XBox green launch logo.

Looked clean and shiny.

Gorki247

I did preorder my X1 Day One edition from the MS store (UK) and that was delivered on release day. That's why I used them again this time.

I did preorder my X1 Day One edition from the MS store (UK) and that was delivered on release day. That's why I used them again this time.

My friend got his there for that reason.

I went Amazon UK and everything looks good at the moment. To be honest, even if it misses launch by a day or two I wont be fussed.

ABeezy1388

Hi guys, my account has finally been activated after a year lol! This is my first post... I just chatted with Amazon support as well and had no luck. I can post my full conversation unless that I frowned upon. But the support basically avoided my questions and used the typical copy & paste responses.

Morale of my story, doesn't look like I will be receiving mine on launch day either as I still do not have a date. Very aggravated by this

ABeezy1388

As I ponder this some more... what I would like to know. For those of us who pre-ordered Scorpio from Amazon and won't receive it on launch day... will we even receive it at all? I am worried that they are going to be like "oh sorry, Scorpios are 100% gone" and I am left with nothing.

This is my first issue I ever had with Amazon by the way

Isurus

As I ponder this some more... what I would like to know. For those of us who pre-ordered Scorpio from Amazon and won't receive it on launch day... will we even receive it at all? I am worried that they are going to be like "oh sorry, Scorpios are 100% gone" and I am left with nothing.

This is my first issue I ever had with Amazon by the way

That is what I'm wondering about and expecting as well. Might be S.O.L.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Everyone freaks out with console pre-orders online. It’s just part of launches. The biggest concern with Amazon.com that I would now have which adds a wrinkle is, they now have that Treasure Truck thing. That did in fact screw over some pre-orders of Super NES Classic.. but, maybe that was a one-off thing. I think it’s a wait and see situation. It’s not like Scorpio edition is available from somewhere else at the moment.

ABeezy1388

That is what I'm wondering about and expecting as well. Might be S.O.L.

You know, I had pre-ordered a regular version as well. One of each. I wasn't sure which I wanted. Ultimately I decided with the Scorpio edition since its "limited" and it comes with a stand - I like "free" stuff lol. I just canceled my regular one last week - I had pre-ordered both right when they went live. I should of kept both closer to the date. Kicking myself now for this.

I just really hope something changes within a few days and I get mine. I have Forza 7 still sealed and was waiting on the X. I am going to be bummed.

MaulerX

Is that like a permanent boot up screen or just something that shows up the first time you set it up?

I think it's permanent but remember, if you have your console set to "intant on" the only time you'll see it is when you first connect it or when you do a hard reset of the console.

Top Bottom