• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Sounder2

All you people upset should just wait until friday to see if your order changes. We go through this every console launch and MOST people everything works out fine. Just chill out.

I dont have a 4k tv. I have a 4k pc monitor. I dont really console game anymore. I thought it would be wiser to upgrade my 970 to 1080. Then again, I really dont like not having the best new console out. My 970 is doing just fine but playing anything on my xbox one s hurts my eyes.

Thought to myself Ill try to use my paypal credit line which only has 200 available. I thought it would be declined. Gave it shot and left it all up to fate. WAHLAAAA, transaction approved and I will now be a xbox one x day one owner on launch day.

I am once again excited about console gaming.

Sounder2

I dont have a 4k tv. I have a 4k pc monitor. I dont really console game anymore. I thought it would be wiser to upgrade my 970 to 1080. Then again, I really dont like not having the best new console out. My 970 is doing just fine but playing anything on my xbox one s hurts my eyes.

Thought to myself Ill try to use my paypal credit line which only has 200 available. I thought it would be declined. Gave it shot and left it all up to fate. WAHLAAAA, transaction approved and I will now be a xbox one x day one owner on launch day.

I am once again excited about console gaming.

Most places dont charge until they ship so if you really only have $200 left on your limit it'll be declined before it gets shipped out.

Just got out of amazon chat. Having the issue of no delivery date. We will see what happens now..

Abhishek : Hello Auriel!
Me: This xbox comes out in a week and I have no shipping information. All my friends who have pre ordered from you guys already have shipping information and release date delivery comfirmation.
This is very concerning as I have read amazon ran out of stock or cant fulfill orders
Abhishek : I am really sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
Please Do not worry, I will surely help you in the best possible way.
Me: Okay
Abhishek : Please allow me a few minutes while I look into this for you.
Me: Ok
Abhishek : Sorry to keep you waiting.
I am sorry for the delay.
No need to worry, I have fixed this error.
Delivery date will be updated shortly.
Me: Will delivery be release date ?
Abhishek : And I have also upgraded shipment for inconvenience caused.
As I have upgraded shipment it can be delivery after release date.
You will get an E-mail shortly about delivery details.
Me: your telling me i am not going to get it on november 7th?
I ordered it expecting release date delivery i am a prime member
I didnt pre order this xbox to receive it on a different date. Isnt that the point of a pre-order to receive it on time?
Abhishek : I agree with you Auriel!
As you are Prime member,I have upgraded shipment with one day shipping and It may be deliver on the same day of release or next day of release.
Be assured, you receive item on time.
You will receive an E-mail about delivery.
Me: How are other people getting release day delivery that pre ordered the same day as me? Just curious
Abhishek : And I have also forwarded this to shipping team to deliver the item on releasing date.
Me: I would greatly appreciate that.
Abhishek : :)No need to worry, you will de
:)
*No need to worry, you will definitely receive item on time.
Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Me: Thats it thank you!

Just got out of amazon chat. Having the issue of no delivery date. We will see what happens now..

Abhishek : Hello Auriel!
Me: This xbox comes out in a week and I have no shipping information. All my friends who have pre ordered from you guys already have shipping information and release date delivery comfirmation.
This is very concerning as I have read amazon ran out of stock or cant fulfill orders
Abhishek : I am really sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
Please Do not worry, I will surely help you in the best possible way.
Me: Okay
Abhishek : Please allow me a few minutes while I look into this for you.
Me: Ok
Abhishek : Sorry to keep you waiting.
I am sorry for the delay.
No need to worry, I have fixed this error.
Delivery date will be updated shortly.
Me: Will delivery be release date ?
Abhishek : And I have also upgraded shipment for inconvenience caused.
As I have upgraded shipment it can be delivery after release date.
You will get an E-mail shortly about delivery details.
Me: your telling me i am not going to get it on november 7th?
I ordered it expecting release date delivery i am a prime member
I didnt pre order this xbox to receive it on a different date. Isnt that the point of a pre-order to receive it on time?
Abhishek : I agree with you Auriel!
As you are Prime member,I have upgraded shipment with one day shipping and It may be deliver on the same day of release or next day of release.
Be assured, you receive item on time.
You will receive an E-mail about delivery.
Me: How are other people getting release day delivery that pre ordered the same day as me? Just curious
Abhishek : And I have also forwarded this to shipping team to deliver the item on releasing date.
Me: I would greatly appreciate that.
Abhishek : :)No need to worry, you will de
:)
*No need to worry, you will definitely receive item on time.
Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Me: Thats it thank you!

I had basically the exact same conversation.

Wouldn't hold my breath.

Why is the regular edition so bad?

In fact I think the Project Scorpio edition is rather ugly.

Its not that. Its the fact that i pre ordered something and expected to receive it on time. I don't have time on release day to run to a store during opening hoping to get one. I have no issues with the regular edition.

So I just got off the line with Amazon chat as well. As it was explained to me. They had an initial allotment from MS, those are the ones getting their shipping notifications. Amazon requested more stock, and MS delivered (but at a later date), those are at least some of us who haven't gotten a shipping date. What concerns me is people who have contacted Amazon are getting a somewhat confirmed delayed delivery, but I was not even given that, so I may have even missed the second batch -- which is mind-boggling because I was there on the 20th. I'll wait and see what happens, but I'm not hopeful or happy at the moment.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Hmm, Amazon is shipping my Scorpio edition this Friday, and if they use their in house courier service I'll get it on Saturday :O

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Yeah don't get this - bar the name there is nothing "Special" about it is there? I have my Day One Xbox One too - what was the point of that I don't know!

Its not that. Its the fact that i pre ordered something and expected to receive it on time. I don't have time on release day to run to a store during opening hoping to get one. I have no issues with the regular edition.

I have the Scorpio edition pre-ordered, but I'd happily trade mine for a regular edition

With a small fee of course.

I just contacted amazon and their response when looking into my order was,

"Thank you for waiting ,I contacted the shipping team and have confirmed hat you will surely receive the item on the release date you will receive an email regarding the update in next 24 hrs .Please don't worry."

Klocker

Don't know why I'm even holding out for Amazon to update my Scorpio edition, I'm happy get g bet buy release day delivery of regular... Just want to hedge my bets I guess, but if no email arrives frm Amazon by Thursday am, I am cancelling it and going al in on best buy...

Don't let me down BB!

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
One week to go! Ill be getting the Scorpio edition one week from today at my local Gamestop!

My only fear is that they will f**k up and not get in enough to meet demand.

RC0101

Yeah sounds like Amazon hasn't gotten the # of units they were promised. Those of us without emails might be delayed a bit.

I'm cool with getting it later but I hope I still get the Scorpio edition.

MrBenchmark

One week to go! Ill be getting the Scorpio edition one week from today at my local Gamestop!

My only fear is that they will f**k up and not get in enough to meet demand.
GameStop preorders in store are a lock dude they learned hard lessons from the 360 launch trust me I was there.

Kaji AF16

The X wasn´t in my plans, but last week my old 1080p, ´39 low-end Philips gave up and I eventually went with a relatively cheap 4K, ´49, mid-end LG to replace it.
I do not want to return to PC gaming and I am currently very confortable within the Xbox ecosystem, so getting the monster has become a no-brainer.

Raide

The X wasn´t in my plans, but last week my old 1080p, ´39 low-end Philips gave up and I eventually went with a relatively cheap 4K, ´49, mid-end LG to replace it.
I do not want to return to PC gaming and I am currently very confortable within the Xbox ecosystem, so getting the monster has become a no-brainer.

Hah, welcome aboard!

Hopefully any UKGaffers who used he 20% off at Very will get the discount honoured still, bargain!!!

I bought my OG Xbox One Day One Edition from Very and they honoured the code I used at the time, I think that was 20% if I recall correctly.

Edit: Just checked my Amazon UK pre order and it is saying will despatched on 4th which is Saturday.

Any chance of an early delivery Monday?

I've received games early on occasion from Amazon, however never pre ordered a console from them.

solis74

I bought my OG Xbox One Day One Edition from Very and they honoured the code I used at the time, I think that was 20% if I recall correctly.

Edit: Just checked my Amazon UK pre order and it is saying will despatched on 4th which is Saturday.

Any chance of an early delivery Monday?

I've received games early on occasion from Amazon, however never pre ordered a console from them.

mine says the 6th?, you are lucky if you do get it early.

xn0

I received a message from Amazon on 10/19 saying that my Xbox One X Scorpio ed. would ship out on 11/6 and I would receive it on 11/7. I just reviewed the order and confirmed that it says it will ship out from Amazon on 11/6 and arrive on 11/7.

Greendog

Neo Member
Achievement Hunter just uploaded their unboxing and then proceeded to plug it in and start it up

It’s already taken down but the new boot up screen was glorious

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

Should have gotten a TCL P605/607. It's better than any of the low end LGs.

MrBenchmark

Well, didn't MS ship less than what they allocated for?

No reason that couldn't happen here

Although I suspect it wont.
Back then GameStop took preorders well beyond allocation. We were told as managers to just keep taking preorders I managed a store in a shady ass neighborhood too I left the company not long after that it was a nightmare and they have never done that like they did then since.

Poppyseed

Achievement Hunter just uploaded their unboxing and then proceeded to plug it in and start it up

It’s already taken down but the new boot up screen was glorious

Any links to the video cache if available?

Why is the regular edition so bad?

In fact I think the Project Scorpio edition is rather ugly.

Yeah don't get this - bar the name there is nothing "Special" about it is there? I have my Day One Xbox One too - what was the point of that I don't know!

Getting the free vertical stand is nice. I want that for my setup.

JP

It says 'will despatch on 4th November' and 'Arriving 7th November'.

Fingers crossed a couple of days early would be a nice win.
Mine is down for dispatch on the 4th too but i wouldn't read too much into that.

With large releases like this Amazon will probably just ship them out to the courier on the 4th with strict instructions of a 7th delivery. It's certainly not impossible that we'll get it a little early but I'd be really surprised with something of this scale that has a set release date.

Kaji AF16

Should have gotten a TCL P605/607. It's better than any of the low end LGs.

I live in Argentina, where TCL is almost nonexistant and of course stays out of the Cyber Monday / Black Friday / special offers. Here, for a reasonable price, we can only choose between Samsung and LG (and I vastly prefer the latter, at least at this price point). Another brand that has recently entered our market but is already getting good reviews is Hisense.

Back on topic: has anyone been able to confirm that the exact height of the console is to be of 6 centimeters? It´s what I found doing a quick research, but it still sounds incredibly small.

DyZ

Maybe this is placeholder, but for those of you without a delivery date listed, go into the app and talk to the customer support assistant. I was given a delivery date of early December, and then after having called support, they all but confirmed that my Xbox One X (Scorpio) may not arrive until December because of back-orders/allotment.

Maybe this is placeholder, but for those of you without a delivery date listed, go into the app and talk to the customer support assistant. I was given a delivery date of early December, and then after having called support, they all but confirmed that my Xbox One X (Scorpio) may not arrive until December because of back-orders/allotment.

When did you pre order by chance?

Top Bottom