• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

So will I have to be fast with my pre-order? Will they sell out at all, or will I still be good to preorder Mon or Tues u think?

Edit: I done fucked up and didn't realize the way previous consoles worked. Xbox 360 and Xbox One both sold out of pre-orders quickly but opened up more closer to launch. If you want the console day one, your best bet is to rush in.

kevin1025

Banned
So will I have to be fast with my pre-order? Will they sell out at all, or will I still be good to preorder Mon or Tues u think?

If you are preordering online, Sunday would be best. In store, it depends on your area. I'd say if you live in a less populated place, Monday would be okay, since it's going to be starting up a little later in the day Sunday if it is after the show.

I mean they haven't had a standalone bundle since launch tbh. Sony didn't include a game with the Pro but I don't see MS not including some kind of game
That could be what Phil meant when he said "We are doing something we haven't done in awhile at Gamescom, it will be different from what fans expect but I'm excited." Maybe he was talking about launching as a standalone bundle

pitchfork

Bundling PUBG is ironically a much better idea than Crackdown 3 even though its retail price is smaller. Maybe the delay makes even more sense now as in they didn't want to miss the chance to have it this Christmas for free with every Xbox, X or otherwise.

Would definitely dilute a lot of the negativity over the CD 3 delay

Gotta imagine this is going the be like PS4 Pro, I was able to walk into a Best Buy (no lines) and pick up 2 because my preorders wouldn't arrive that day.

PS4 Pro was sold out for a some time though.
No one can say. If you want to have on on day 1 then order as soon as you can.

Gotta imagine this is going the be like PS4 Pro, I was able to walk into a Best Buy (no lines) and pick up 2 because my preorders wouldn't arrive that day.

Yeah. This is a revision. Hopefully Microsoft is determined to get enough stock out there. This shouldn't be a rare console. They need people buying into the Microsoft brand over the holiday season.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
"Rich"

Besides if that is your main worry just order it from Amazon. No down payment needed. Smh at people giving GameStop of all places interest free money.

Some of us have credit from that July 4th weekend trade/promotion in bump in the U.S. paying for the whole thing. That's why I'm ordering with them. Got about $1,111 from that weekend in value.

I think this will sell better than the PS Pro, at least initially. There has to be a lot of die hard Xbox fans who want to 'get back on top' in terms of having the best console hardware and best multiplat games. I imagine a decent chunk of the year 1 Xbox One buyers will be getting it. Plus whoever else.

At $500 the sales are gonna dry up quickly though. I bet you can get a Scorpio for $400 before next summer at the latest. And early adopters get shafted again!

Hawk269

Don't think it will be. For the Pro you did not have places like Best Buy or Amazon emails consumers about watching a Gamescon show to learn about pre-orders. This is step 1 in MS's plan to market the shit out this device. Everyone and their mother will know at least that it exist. Sony had ZERO marketing for the PRO.

gossi

If you want the console at launch, preorder. Amazon will likely sell out in minutes like last time. They get further batches allocated but it becomes a crap shoot.

Bsigg12

GS_XBOX_Preorder_GS.jpg

There it is. GS.

Special trade in promotion with GameStop? I would be all for that or some special bundle with a game.

splattered

Man I've been super excited for the XB1X but was sorta shocked to see a white option in the preorder e-mail link?

I must be getting old... I don't remember anything but black being shown thus far??

Haha

Man I've been super excited for the XB1X but was sorta shocked to see a white option in the preorder e-mail link?

I must be getting old... I don't remember anything but black being shown thus far??

Haha

That's just the Xbox One S. You can have the One X in any color you want as long as its black.

I think i'll visit Mediamarkt tomorrow, just to be sure i'll ask them if they are confident they'll get a few X consoles. No idea if they can assure me of anything but i can always ask.

Bsigg12

A game and a good pre-order promotion would put me over the edge. Otherwise I'll wait until black Friday.

I wouldn't expect them to do much for Black Friday for the X. The S is going to have some ridiculous deals, the X will likely just be what it's launching at and with on November 7th.

FinKL

I think this will sell better than the PS Pro, at least initially. There has to be a lot of die hard Xbox fans who want to 'get back on top' in terms of having the best console hardware and best multiplat games. I imagine a decent chunk of the year 1 Xbox One buyers will be getting it. Plus whoever else.

At $500 the sales are gonna dry up quickly though. I bet you can get a Scorpio for $400 before next summer at the latest. And early adopters get shafted again!

Losing a $100 over a year considering you'll get this full year to play games is not a bad proposition.

I lol'd at the news from yesterday saying we'd have preorder news today, which was, tune in Sunday!

FinKL

what type of surprise are ya'll thinking? Could it be BC with OG related, or is it something more simple. Like 1v100 iback?

1v100 would definitely be a console seller ESPECIALLY with the way Twitch and gaming streams are popular now. Think about it, 1 stream where everyone can participate/troll in?

If it's not PUBG we are all going to riot, but I'd bet for 1-month Gold, maybe Xbox Pass thing for 1 month too.

I wouldn't expect them to do much for Black Friday for the X. The S is going to have some ridiculous deals, the X will likely just be what it's launching at and with on November 7th.

At most, Microsoft/retailers might work out a deal to throw in a free game with any Xbox One X/S console purchase for Black Friday. I don't see them doing any kind of price drop though.

Top Bottom