• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

charpunk

The bottom of my order history shows how I paid. I had enough credit to pay for the whole thing but it still shows it there.

I wonder if it's because I paid a small portion with the card that it's not showing the trade credit used? Urg. I'm on the phone with them now either way.

ViciousDS

Banned
MS knows how to promote a product.. the Pro was so under the radar. It is also possible there will be less X1X but I think it ultimately comes down to how MS pushes the crap out of their hardware.. they are good at that.

With that being said.. I got one from Gamestop as a backup to my Amazon order.

Honestly though my local Gamestop had over 50 Pros available for pre order

This thing is sitting at 16 for launch.

It's not all marketing

Question for gamestop.com orders. The trade credit said it applied on the mobile app and showed the total remaining to be charged on my credit card. The order confirmation in my email, as well as in my order history both lack mention of the trade credit. Is this normal?

I have the same question..my total was 546(Thanks a lot CA sales tax) and I had 538 in gamestop credit so I used all of it plus I put the 7 bucks and change on my AMEX card..in the order confirmation it does show BOTH cards used..but in the email confirmation it does not..so not sure how this works

UraMallas

Preorder in at Amazon right when they opened them up. All set!

Me, too. Mine still says it's the standard edition!

7qRZRTa.png

Colbert

Banned

It's not all marketing

Artificially shorten the supply almost always works for kindle the fire (in Dark Souls terms) of marketing and hype!

I wonder if it's because I paid a small portion with the card that it's not showing the trade credit used? Urg. I'm on the phone with them now either way.

On the gamestop.com order details it only shows my AMEX card yet I used 538 bucks from gamestop credit only 7 dollars on amex not sure why its not showing both

Halabane

Can't believe it sold out that fast on amazon and BB. Still wanted to trade in my old xbox1 consoles but maybe use them for a pro.

U2NUMB

It's not all marketing

Thats why I said it could also be less X1X's available. But you can not deny that MS is way more hype about this than Sony was with the Pro.

Hexer06

Crazy it sold out on Amazon so fast. Best Buy still has it up though. Also, "LOL" at the Ebay listings for this thing already.

TBD per Albert Penello.

But i wonder..,.....

What happens when the Project Scorpio Edition is out of stock in every single store you can imagine....they;ll have to open up the preorders for the normal too, dont they? And if it's already out of stock at Amazon Germany and USA.....sjeesh.

ViciousDS

Banned
Thats why I said it could also be less X1X's available. But you can not deny that MS is way more hype about this than Sony was with the Pro.

When you talk about going from an X1 to a X in terms of power

Fuck yes I'd be excited to finally rid that thing too lol

Skatterd

Got caught up in the hype and preordered on Amazon but I'm thinking I'll probably cancel.

My old Xbox One largely sits unused and I can't really think of a reason why this would make me use it more. Something in the back of my mind is saying "this is limited keep it" but that doesn't seem like a compelling or fair reason; I'd rather someone who really wants it have it. Anyone have any thoughts about what I should do before I hit the button?

TrojanAg

Pretty sure Amazon only had the Scorpio Edition up for preorder. It says it in my order. I know that there were two links at first and one said regular Xbox One X but I think that change will be reflected soon.

Theorry

But i wonder..,.....

What happens when the Project Scorpio Edition is out of stock in every single store you can imagine....they;ll have to open up the preorders for the normal too, dont they? And if it's already out of stock at Amazon Germany and USA.....sjeesh.

Must be, Otherwise they are missing out.

Colbert

Banned
Microsoft Store Germany has opened itself for pre-order (in Germany). Stock available again. Hurry if you did not have luck before.

Dutchies should check also their MS Store page!

Kawngi

Unless I'm crazy, I didn't see a way to choose pickup for my Best Buy one. Went back to the BBY page and saw they're doing midnight launch. You can switch your order from shipping to pickup without having to re-order if anyone else cared.

charpunk

On the gamestop.com order details it only shows my AMEX card yet I used 538 bucks from gamestop credit only 7 dollars on amex not sure why its not showing both

I just got off the phone with customer support. They show that the trade in credit was applied and will be used as a form of payment once they ship. For some reason the order history doesn't show split payments with trade in credit they claim.

Can anyone familiar with gamestop answer a question for me. So I went ahead and pre ordered..my gamestop credit was for 538..the order total was 546 so I had to add about 7 bucks and change from my amex card which I did..when it first gave me the confirmation number it showed BOTH cards..but now when I go to my account and I click on the order number it just shows the amex card and I put in my gamestop trade in credit number to check credit amount and it shows the entire amount still there so not sure whats going on

Pigs

I got one off of Best Buy. Still not sure if I will keep it since I don't have a 4K tv yet. I am excited for it though since I mostly play games on my Xbox and watch tv on it and my PS4 Pro just gathers dust.

I plan on getting a new tv but want to make sure I get one that will be worth the upgrade.

modsbox

Scorpio edition still up at target btw. Target also price matches themselves and other retailers, whereas Amazon does not. Something to think about (can you tell I got burned by Amazon buying a Pro?)

I just got off the phone with customer support. They show that the trade in credit was applied and will be used as a form of payment once they ship. For some reason the order history doesn't show split payments with trade in credit they claim.

Oh Ok thanks SO much so for sure even though in order details it shows ONE payment(Even though I used both) they will take off the gamestop credit and whatever is left over(For me its 7 bucks) they will charge my amex card? That is good news was worried about that since I checked gamestop credit balance and it shows the entire amount still there. I still have my XBOX ONE S that I want to trade in but Im in no real rush to go over to gamestop and get rid of it

Podge293

Still not available from MS Ireland. After gamestop screwing me over with the releases of the original Xbox one and other consoles before I'm refusing to pre-order from them

Top Bottom