• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

RPGCrazied

Ledsen said:
That's the thing. You can't.

Yeah. But just because I have a lot of posts in this thread. And talk about wanting to receive it, and get down when I don't, I have people get all over my case. I want to talk about the game too, I didn't ask the people shipping me it to keep it as long as possible. Give me a break.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
RPGCrazied said:
Ah, same here. Someone got it today from GAME and in Texas. I should've just paid the extra more to get it now.

This post needs that Charlie Brown inspired GIF where the guy is sulking past a house with a red snoopy dog house and a beagle lying on top. Someone get that for me.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
RPGCrazied said:
Yeah. But just because I have a lot of posts in this thread. And talk about wanting to receive it, and get down when I don't, I have people get all over my case. I want to talk about the game too, I didn't ask the people shipping me it to keep it as long as possible. Give me a break.

Chill out, dude. This thread is rather friendly so far, I think people are just joking about the whole situation. Its a running gag, nothing personal. Some even feel for you since you have been so vocal about it.

But I can imagine waiting this long stresses you out a bit. I was furious waiting 3 weeks or something for my copy of Demon Souls :(

Toma said:
Chill out, dude. This thread is rather friendly so far, I think people are just joking about the whole situation. Its a running gag, nothing personal. Some even feel for you since you have been so vocal about it.

But I can imagine waiting this long stresses you out a bit. I was furious waiting 3 weeks or something for my copy of Demon Souls :(

Oh wow I cant imagine what waiting for DS wouldve felt like...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Question, just yes or no please (spoiler tag it). Will there be an easier back to travel back and forth? Quick travelling by going to the first checkpoint in an area, walk a few steps back to a different area and then quicktravel again is a bit cumbersome..

JumpingTheGun said:
Oh wow I cant imagine what waiting for DS wouldve felt like...

Especially horrible since the whole internet was on about it. The thread on Gaf on the frontpage about the game you are waiting on taunting you a thousand times a day is horrible.

Toma said:
Question, just yes or no please (spoiler tag it). Will there be an easier back to travel back and forth? Quick travelling by going to the first checkpoint in an area, walk a few steps back to a different area and then quicktravel again is a bit cumbersome..

Hm? You can quicktravel to any landmark that you've discovered on a map, not just the first one.

M_Night said:
HOLY SHIT.

Just reached Frontier Village.

Absolutely speechless :O

How the hell did monolith get this out of the Wii.

All bow down to your God Monolith Soft.

Xenosaga 3 was also really impressive on the PS2.

Toma

CruxisMana said:
Hm? You can quicktravel to any landmark that you've discovered on a map, not just the first one.

Well.. yeah, I meant I am currently at the first huge area. And to get back to colony 9 I need to go to the first checkpoint of that
huge area
, walk back into the
cave
, go to the first checkpoint there, and then walk back to colony 9.

Or am I simply missing a button to change areas?

Varion

Toma said:
Well.. yeah, I meant I am currently at the first huge area. And to get back to colony 9 I need to go to the first checkpoint of that huge area, walk back into the cave, go to the first checkpoint there, and then walk back to colony 9.

Get the menu up, Area Map (far left option), select area, select landmark.

Toma said:
Well.. yeah, I meant I am currently at the first huge area. And to get back to colony 9 I need to go to the first checkpoint of that huge area, walk back into the cave, go to the first checkpoint there, and then walk back to colony 9.

You're missing the area map selection menu by the sounds of it?

Just select Colony 9 from that list, the map of the Colony 9 area will show up and you can go straight to any landmark on that map in seconds.

^and above.

Ledsen

RPGCrazied said:

Just having a laugh, nothing serious. I understand that you're jonesing for the game, but it won't get better by you trying to analyze the situation and estimating when you'll get the game. Us Europeands have known for a long time that orders from Zavvi can take anywhere from a week to a month or more to arrive, even on the same continent.

Toma

Oh man... Thanks. That will make travelling a lot faster >_>

Pyrokai

chris121580 said:
Did it come in the actual mail or from UPS?

It came in the standard USPS mail.

Cosmozone said:
That's the German package, interesting (edit: or more likely there's a single image for all countries). GAME is British, right? BTW. German charts of last week came in: Xenoblade CC bundle is at no. 5, game only version is at no. 8. Everybody wonders if both combined could've taken the top spot, but sadly there are no numbers.

I think the version with the red controller has the packaging for all countries, because if you look at other pictures in this thread, the UK version without the controller simply has the PEGI rating on it only (man...why do the Germans have such giant ratings symbols, again?)

Toma

Pyrokai said:
I think the version with the red controller has the packaging for all countries, because if you look at other pictures in this thread, the UK version without the controller simply has the PEGI rating on it only (man...why do the Germans have such giant ratings symbols, again?)

To make it abundantly clear. Same with those huge "advisory death content" stickers on Cigarette boxes.

Its funny that as an european, Im trying to get the game and all the stores in my city have already sold out the game, and even in some the game didnt arrive.
Good job nintendo, I want to pay for one of your product yet i dont find it. SMH

Netto-kun

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Its funny that as an european, Im trying to get the game and all the stores in my city have already sold out the game, and even in some the game didnt arrive.
Good job nintendo, I want to pay for one of your product yet i dont find it. SMH
Sounds like Norway. Bergsala Norway only managed to sell around 40 copies to all the retailers due to lack of interest.

Effect

Pyrokai said:
Blame NOA. We Americans are the ones making your search so difficult ;)

Would be interesting to see the overseas numbers for this game. The stores do know where the orders are coming from.

At least I have a friend thats has a videogame store and its trying to bring me one copy, but I dont really know if Nintendo is going to send more game in the next weeks.

Sallokin

Off work and booted up. So glad my launch Wii disk drive didn't give me problems.

qoxg5l.jpg

TommyT

preface: sorry for the ignorance as I've never used Dolphin...

Can I just buy the PAL version and use it (backed up, or via just disc running in the tray) to play via Dolphin on my PC?

Or, are people using CFW or something on their Wii to play it?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
M_Night said:
HOLY SHIT.

Just reached Frontier Village.

Absolutely speechless :O

How the hell did monolith get this out of the Wii.

Listen to me,guys
On Wii U, they will put on shame Samarithan.
You know it will happen.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Alextended said:
I left my Wii on overnight after playing this and now my Wii's picture has a red tint, which persists after reboots and replugs, did I fry the GPU :(
Disregard, I think it's the TV that's borking out... At least I hope so, it's cheaper than another out of warranty repair for the Wii, lol. I wll try it on another one at some point.

Maybe I'll look into buying one that supports 480p if those are cheap and small enough... Or is 480p for HD sets only?

LProtag

Well at least my new PSP and Street Fighter are keeping me company during the wait. I'll be away this weekend though, so probably won't get any decent playtime in until next week (if it comes in at all this week, haha).

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Alextended said:
Disregard, I think it's the TV that's borking out... At least I hope so, it's cheaper than another out of warranty repair for the Wii, lol. I wll try it on another one at some point.

Maybe I'll look into buying one that supports 480p if those are cheap and small enough... Or is 480p for HD sets only?
Most SD CRTs smaller than 32 inches do not have 480P, sadly.

Wichu

TommyT said:

Can I just buy the PAL version and use it (backed up, or via just disc running in the tray) to play via Dolphin on my PC?

I think most people are using homebrew on their Wii. You need to use the Wii to rip the disc anyway (unless you have a specific DVD drive); the disc won't just run on a PC even with Dolphin.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
TommyT said:

Dolphin is a bit more complicated than just running it on a CFW Wii. Standard DVD drives can't read Wii/GCN discs (there is one line of old LG drives that reads them, but those can be hard to come by) so you have to rip the game to a flash drive or HDD then transfer it to your computer.

Then it's a matter of getting the right build and settings for Dolphin. Xenoblade actually requires a couple patches as well for Dolphin to run it well, and a pretty nice PC as well (i5/i7 OC'd CPU recommended, and a Sandy Bridge CPU is pretty much required if you want to use LLE audio for the best results). If you have an OC'd 2500k you can probably run it fine on Dolphin, I know you post in the PC hardware thread but I don't remember what your specs are.

wrowa

RPGCrazied said:
You can't expect that people won't make fun of you if you spam the thread. If you don't want that people are talking about you, guess what, stop spaming.

This is not meant to be offensive, but you are acting kinda silly.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
TommyT said:

Yes, for the Dolphin question (mainly backed up, unless you have one of the like 5 Hitachi drives that is capable of reading Wii discs).

As for the Wii, getting imports to work on it now is super simple and requires nothing more than an SD card and about 10 minutes of your time. There is a guide for it on the first page, I believe.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I love how the game handles your party getting killed.

"Oh, you died? Eh, alright, lets get you back in there. Have fun."

Toma said:
Oh man... Thanks. That will make travelling a lot faster >_>

Don't worry, you're not the only one who had that issue. I was lucky and found it early.

As much as I love the Gaur Plains, I would hate to have to run through it 80 times to get various places.

At the same level (18) as the giant bird sitting on Anti-Air BAttery #3 should I still be dying? I can get it to about 20-25%.

reektann

Female has put a movie on but all I'm doing in my mind is blowing kisses to my mistress, Xenoblade on the shelf whilst advising the girlfriend she 'looks a little tired'.

Quote said:
At the same level (18) as the giant bird sitting on Anti-Air BAttery #3 should I still be dying? I can get it to about 20-25%.

I'd level up a couple more. Couldn't beat it until about 21 myself...

reektann said:
Female has put a movie on but all I'm doing in my mind is blowing kisses to my mistress, Xenoblade on the shelf whilst advising the girlfriend she 'looks a little tired'.

You are a cruel, cruel man. I like you.

Quote said:
I got it at 17 but it was a tough fight. Make sure your aggro is siphoned off on Reyn, and use the side attacks and back attack until you get a chain and then whale away at it using break/topple. At least that's how I did it.

wrowa

2San said:
Does anyone know where Great Makna falls is?
If you don't know where they are you probably haven't advanced in the story enough. You would know them otherwise, believe me. :)

Drkirby said:
I love how the game handles your party getting killed.

"Oh, you died? Eh, alright, lets get you back in there. Have fun."
Dying is actually the easiest way of getting the blue orbs and the monsters to respawn :lol

Antagon

wrowa said:
If you don't know where they are you probably haven't advanced in the story enough. You would know them otherwise, believe me. :)

Dying is actually the easiest way of getting the blue orbs and the monsters to respawn :lol

saving -> loading seems to work really well for unique monsters.

Top Bottom