• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Got this today w/ the red CCPro for 20 quid. Goodbye DKCR- we had fun, but I'd had enough of your monkey business.

I'm about an hour in. This game has bitching combat.

MatthewB92 said:
I hate you lemon stones!!!
Having a poke about with the Japanese wiki (while looking for Fossil Monkey info*) you'll hate them even more. You can trade for them. Kacha has them. You find this person
In Exile Fortress if not yet rescued but after rescue; at the merchant camp in the swamp

*-You can trade for these too it seems. Puko on the second floor of
frontier village

Well, off to do the
reconstruction and feed a hungry Nopon

SOLDIER

My ShopTO order still says "Overseas" on the tracking site. It's said that since last Wednesday.

For those that got their import orders, was it delivered by mailbox or by truck (FedEX, UPS?).

Starwolf_UK said:
Having a poke about with the Japanese wiki (while looking for Fossil Monkey info*) you'll hate them even more. You can trade for them. Kacha has them. You find this person
In Exile Fortress if not yet rescued but after rescue; at the merchant camp in the swamp

frontier village

Well, off to do the
.......2 hours wasted lol. Nice find! Saved me another 2 hours :p

MoogPaul

BlazingDarkness said:
There's a window of a few days before or after the estimated date you can receive the item, it's not considered late yet
I think a lot of people are overreacting a bit

Says the person playing Xenoblade

Vamphuntr

Didn't get my copy yet but I'm used to slow Canadian Customs and I'm currenlty hooked on Terraria with a friend :)

With Canada Post it's often a matter of luck. Sometimes I get stuff from China (Play-Asia) by airmail in 6 days ans sometimes it takes 3 weeks.

I really love that all the Characters have they own skill set and not just all play the same and end up all like clones in cosplay, Something a lot of RPG don't do any more.

Oh, and the manager at the GAME I went to told him me as he was bagging my stuff that he was really surprised at how quickly Xenoblade was selling. And I live in a kinda lame town too, haha.

I was surprised to get two massive posters with it too o_O

Pyrokai

I GOT IT.

IMG_20110824_151903.jpg

I didn't actually think I'd ACTUALLY get it today! So excited! I said I'd tell you guys if I got it or not, and I did! For reference, I live in Ohio and got it from Game at launch. WOOO!!!

Now I have to hack my Wii :p

Gvaz said:
Does anyone know where Desiree is so I can give her back the watch?

I think she is in the commercial district or near the gem crafter. Don't remember if it's during the night or day but you can look it up on the chart.

Meier

Toma said:
... He could buy it and ship it to you?
Their price isn't different than the other retailers so that'd probably be a bit of a hassle for him and not much if any savings for me. I know we both have Amazon accounts so it'd be pretty easy to at least try and go that route if it's possible.

Do they (Amazon UK) not ship games overseas?

bubnbob

Banned
jump_button said:
I really love that all the Characters have they own skill set and not just all play the same and end up all like clones in cosplay, Something a lot of RPG don't do any more.

Yep, this was a dealbreaker for me in FFXII.

Pyrokai said:
I GOT IT.

IMG_20110824_151903.jpg

I didn't actually think I'd ACTUALLY get it today! So excited! I said I'd tell you guys if I got it or not, and I did! For reference, I live in Ohio and got it from Game at launch. WOOO!!!

nice dude. this multiplies hopes for the end of the week.

Zafir

Meier said:
Their price isn't different than the other retailers so that'd probably be a bit of a hassle for him and not much if any savings for me. I know we both have Amazon accounts so it'd be pretty easy to at least try and go that route if it's possible.

Do they (Amazon UK) not ship games overseas?
They ship to most European countries. Not to Asia or America though.

wrowa

^
Give some context. Most people won't want to highlight a spoiler if they don't have a clue whether or not you are further into the game than they are or not.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Kjellson said:
Xord
is kicking my ass. :/ Advice anyone?
Hit Mechons until you can get a party chain thingie, then use the usual. Break, Topple, whatever. Rinse, repeat a few times and you're done.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I didn't receive it either but not sweating it. I ordered the White Kinght Chronicles PSP game from GAME and it took right at two weeks to get. Its just over one week right now. We get to Labor Day weekend and no game, well I might go into a RPGCrazied type passive/aggressive state of depression and possible violence.

Feep

Banned
Twelve hours in.

So good.

Real quick though, what's the thin yellow bar right underneath the character portraits on the UI? The bottom bar is obviously XP, but I can't figure out the yellow. Tension?

Kjellson said:
Xord
Kill the minion Mechon first to build your party gauge and then once they're dead go for him with a chain attack, he won't attack you much when there are other Mechon in battle

Varion

Feep said:
Twelve hours in.

So good.

Real quick though, what's the thin yellow bar right underneath the character portraits on the UI? The bottom bar is obviously XP, but I can't figure out the yellow. Tension?
SP. More the bar fills the closer you are to learning your next skill.

McNum

Kjellson said:
Xord
Sure! Here's what I did, I was about his level when I did it.

My team was Shulk, Dunban, Sharla.

Bascially, you want to Topple Xord. But he resists Break and Topple, so getting a random Topple on him won't happen. What you need is a Chain Attack. So try to ignore Xord, run away from him, get him to hit Dunban, just make him a non-issue as much as you can for the beginning of the fight. He can get stuck for a while if you use the terrain as an advantage.

Now you want to pull off effects on the other opponents. Side attacks, Back attacks, anything that raises the Party Gauge. Remember to hit those Burst Affinity QTEs, too. Don't die, if Xorn starts targeting someone at mid HP, toss a Monado Speed that way to buy time. All you want to focus on is three bars in the Party Gauge.

When you get it, unleash! Use one of Shulk's Break Arts (if you're to his side, use Air Slash) and Dunban's Topple Art. Then hold down Zr and press up to have the party focus on your target. If you've got a Monado Buster charged, now's the time. Get him to half HP and the fight ends.

That help?

You know what im going to say it Wii GOTY and maybe GOTY for all for me not enjoyed any other game as much as this, NOA need to stop sitting on they hands

McNum

jump_button said:
You know what im going to say it Wii GOTY and maybe GOTY for all for me not enjoyed any other game as much as this, NOA need to stop sitting on they hands
Skyward Sword definitely has its work cut out for it to be the Wii GOTY this time. Xenoblade is good.

creid

Pyrokai said:
I GOT IT.

[snip]

So orders from Game are gradually arriving, starting on the west coast and moving east? Maybe Game shipped across the Pacific instead of the Atlantic?

Rich!

Got to the second battle of Gaur Plain. Sooooo goood.

Haven't tried it on Dolphin. Will need to rip the game to USB first - but this place will look incredible.

DAT MUSIC in the (late game area spoiler)
Mechonis Field
! I knew the music from the OST (and absolutely loved it), but I didn't know it was used as the "field" music in there :D

Hours keep getting sinked into the game, currently 71:25 and in a few minutes I'll add 5-ish hours to that count. Can't. stop. playing.

Capndrake

Starwolf_UK said:

frontier village

Well, off to do the
Could you try and see if Black Chips can be found anywhere other than the
deep part of the Ether Mine
? I think I missed my chance getting one of those.

Ledsen

This game is completely amazing, played the whole day today and only did sidequests. The
spider
in Bionis Leg scared the crap out of me, holy shit :O There's so much to love about this game, so much...

Oh and I forgot to post my copy, enjoy CrazyRPGCrazied:

20gjkvc.jpg

RPGCrazied

Like I'm the only one saying they have or have not received it. So what? Don't like it, ignore it. Plus I'm not the only one that wants to know if and when someone received it, so you can kind of guess from their area when you can expect it.

Get off your high horse.

Capndrake said:
Could you try and see if Black Chips can be found anywhere other than the
deep part of the Ether Mine
? I think I missed my chance getting one of those.
I missed it too, but
when you rebuild colony 6 to level 1, you create a building that spawns blue collectable drops in front, and I got the black chip that way

chris121580

Pyrokai said:
I GOT IT.

IMG_20110824_151903.jpg

Did it come in the actual mail or from UPS?

Cosmozone

Pyrokai said:
I GOT IT.

That's the German package, interesting (edit: or more likely there's a single image for all countries). GAME is British, right? BTW. German charts of last week came in: Xenoblade CC bundle is at no. 5, game only version is at no. 8. Everybody wonders if both combined could've taken the top spot, but sadly there are no numbers.

Capndrake

BlazingDarkness said:
I missed it too, but
when you rebuild colony 6 to level 1, you create a building that spawns blue collectable drops in front, and I got the black chip that way
Excellent, thanks.

Ledsen

RPGCrazied said:
Like I'm the only one saying they have or have not received it. So what? Don't like it, ignore it. Plus I'm not the only one that wants to know if and when someone received it, so you can kind of guess from their area when you can expect it.

Get off your high horse.

That's the thing. You can't. It only serves to drive you completely crazy, when in reality it's pretty much random luck when you'll receive it.

Top Bottom