• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

JumpingTheGun said:
how longs it been for you, Ike?
Since 8/15 (preordered 7/5). But we were all warned beforehand Zavvi can be slow.

I expect it will come around the end of the week. This is actually the first week I've expected it, so I'm slowly gaining RPGCrazied levels of hype.

wrowa

UltimateIke said:
Since 8/15 (preordered 7/5). But we were all warned beforehand Zavvi can be slow.
I always suspected that Zavvi is financing its free shipping by smuggling the packages on the plane of a drunk pilot. So that the final route of the parcel looks something like this:

wrowa said:
I always suspected that Zavvi is financing its free shipping by smuggling the packages on the plane of a drunk pilot. So that the final route of the parcel looks something like this:

they obviously waited for hurricane irene to come and use that as an excuse to delay shipping. so you guys will have to wait 3 more months lol.

UltimateIke said:

I expect it will come around the end of the week. This is actually the first week I've expected it, so I'm slowly gaining RPGCrazied levels of hype.

I dont think its possible for any of us to reach RPGCRazieds level of hype hes attained.

Great parcel path by the way. Seems like thats Games route as well.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Post from Europe to the US will take two to three weeks unless you pay a lot for it. I used to order CDs from UK and Germany constantly, until somebody is without a package in mid-September, there's really nothing slow or out of the ordinary.

Kandinsky

wrowa said:

That might be true because i just got a call from home saying i got a package and im in Latin América, fuck yeah i hope its Xenogears!

So I tried playing with characters other than Shulk, but I miss the position-based gameplay. To be honest, I'm kinda overpowered now and most battles I could win with my eyes closed. So at least Shulk adds a bit more dynamism to the proceedings by forcing me to run around enemies to side or back attack them.

bubnbob

Banned
xtrasauce said:
So I tried playing with characters other than Shulk, but I miss the position-based gameplay. To be honest, I'm kinda overpowered now and most battles I could win with my eyes closed. So at least Shulk adds a bit more dynamism to the proceedings by forcing me to run around enemies to side or back attack them.

Riki has a bunch of position based moves, if it helps.

truly101 said:
There are those of us still waiting for our GAME orders.
l7E7D.png

NeededSleep

So Xenoblades chronicles was my relaxation gift after buying my first house recently. got a nice big 47inch lcd tv. hooked it up and wished that the game was 1080p. the game is beautiful but damn i wish it was really in 1080p to justify how much i enjoy this game so far. i did end up ordering some cheap component cables to help sharpen up some of the lines though. waiting for those to come in.

Just about to enter the cave, i did all the quests i could, though i still run around the town at certain times waiting to see if there is a npc that is time sensitive for showing up. Love the game so far and im quite enjoying the EU Voice overs, its really a nice change.

Another thing i love is the roaming elite monsters, im taking note of where they are and coming back with a vengeance!

mjc

My order shipped from Zavvi on the 15th as well...I'm not holding out any hope that it'll get here in the next couple days still. Balls.

reektann

NeededSleep said:
So Xenoblades chronicles was my relaxation gift after buying my first house recently. got a nice big 47inch lcd tv. hooked it up and wished that the game was 1080p. the game is beautiful but damn i wish it was really in 1080p to justify how much i enjoy this game so far. i did end up ordering some cheap component cables to help sharpen up some of the lines though. waiting for those to come in.

Just about to enter the cave, i did all the quests i could, though i still run around the town at certain times waiting to see if there is a npc that is time sensitive for showing up. Love the game so far and im quite enjoying the EU Voice overs, its really a nice change.

Another thing i love is the roaming elite monsters, im taking note of where they are and coming back with a vengeance!

I had the same requirement so I ended up using Dolphin with my copy - looks incredible.

Oxx

After taking a few days away from the game I think I'm finally au fait with the combat. I still seem to be dying quite a bit, though. Is there any real penalty for death? I haven't really been giving it much thought.

carroto

After 3 years of lending my Wii to my nephew I finally got it back. Looking forward to playing Xenoblade now and returning it afterwards. :p

Is they away to lever the arts up higher? I feel like they something im missing, I have alot of point and nothing to use them on they all max out, looks like they could/will go higher is they something I have to do?

edit- god know what was on my mind then lol

Oxx said:
After taking a few days away from the game I think I'm finally au fait with the combat. I still seem to be dying quite a bit, though. Is there any real penalty for death? I haven't really been giving it much thought.

No. Other than being transported back to the nearest landmark.

jump_button said:
is they away to love the arts up higher? i feel like they something im missing, I have alot of point and nothing to use them on they all max out, looks like they could will go hight is they something I have to do?

You need to buy arts manuals from shops in order to unlock more levels.

Cwarrior

40hrs in, am slowing down, i don't want it to end.

finished prison island

I got few question, how do you do item tradeing and where.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Cwarrior said:
40hrs in, am slowing down, i don't want it to end.

finished prison island

I got few question, how do you do item tradeing and where.

every named NPC, simply press Y near one.

TheFreshPrince

Can anyone who ordered from GAME help me out a bit?

I thought the shipping to the US said 4-6 business days? Mine shipped on the 21st, and I still don't have it here in the MidWest. Is 4-6 not correct?

Dragon

Banned
TheFreshPrince said:

I thought the shipping to the US said 4-6 business days? Mine shipped on the 21st, and I still don't have it here in the MidWest. Is 4-6 not correct?

I'm in the same boat but in North Carolina. It should be here today or tomorrow according to the 4-6 business days but you never know with the hurricane and everything else.

TheFreshPrince said:

Mine shipped on the 16th and I don't have it yet, have fun waiting

bodine1231

For those of you who think Shulk needs to be in your party all I'll say is DON'T BE AFRAID TO BENCH HIM,even in boss fights! The games fun level skyrocketed once I got brave enough to leave him out and started controlling
Riki and Melia
instead (my team also improved in most cases too). They play so much differently and have different mechanics that it feels like switching classes in an MMO.

I also realized that you don't need the Monado at all,even in boss encounters. It really opened up the game for me as far as team building goes as well because I always felt that Shulk and Fiora had to be there because of the Monado and her healing abilities,which isn't the case as most characters have a minor heal that is more than adequate and any character can interrupt the future with a button prompt.

So don't be afraid to play different characters and try completely different teams as it keeps the combat fresh and interesting.

MicH

TheFreshPrince said:

Those are business days and I think that estimate is for Europe? I dunno. I'm in Europe and my copy shipped on the 16th. I haven't received it yet.

wsippel

Banned
Twilight Princess said:
melia > dunban > riki > shulk > sharla > jokas > reyn
melia's 10 sec CD art can hit more than buster
Nothing in the game beats
Fiora
. Speed gear III or better, War Blades or better, 50% double attack and Speed Shift: insane damage.
Shulk/ Dunban/ Fiora (Speed)
is almost unfair. Especially once you get the
fifth skill tree.

Top Bottom