• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Hiltz

I'm 21 hours in at level 30 in some kind of
misty, Aurora Borealis-like area. I gotta find a key near a tree to open a back door to an Exile place.
The music here is quite soothing and atmospheric.

When the game says a party member has "learned a new art" how do you use it and is it actually a new move? It's not in the arts manual item inventory and I don't see it in the talent arts set up/upgrade menu either.

Hiltz said:
I'm 21 hours in at level 30 in some kind of
misty, Aurora Borealis-like area. I gotta find a key near a tree to open a back door to an Exile place.
The music here is quite soothing and atmospheric.

When the game says a party member has "learned a new art" how do you use it and is it actually a new move? It's not in the arts manual item inventory and I don't see it in the talent arts set up/upgrade menu either.

It actually is in the arts screen. Go to the menu and select arts, and select a character. Below them is a list of all the arts, and by pressing "y" (on the classic controller) you can assign and arrange the arts however you choose.

Codeblue

I just got back from a trip. You'll never believe what awaited at my mailbox!

A bunch of junk mail and an empty Miller Light bottle. Thanks douche bag neighbors.

Yeah I was kind of hoping for today. Being Monday and all.. Well, I guess there's always Tuesday and the rest of the week. But I am trying to be patient.

I didn't get mine today either. I really want this so I can be the one dissenting voice.

But whatever, I honestly did not expect the game to arrive anytime soon.

bubnbob said:
Oh thank you bubnbob.

Now I know that when I will finally end my first playthrough (128:05 and counting), I won't need to strip everything to be sure it carries over. I freaked out for a second.

I really would like to grind to level 99 and to fight most of the unique monsters, finish every late game sidequests, get my final town to 5-star, collect every advanced arts book and, and, and...my god there's still so much I want to do and so little time before I get Neptune mk.2, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD, but more importantly Tales of Xillia and Dark Souls...

thefro

No game for me yet, ASDA shipped it out 2 weeks ago so it should hopefully come tomorrow (their estimate was 10-15 days).

Let me in

About 20 hours in and
Colony 6 just opened up. I started to do the reconstruction quest. Really cool quest.
. I just get the feeling I'll never be finished with this game.

if you ever want to finish rebuilding colony 6, remember when you are at a certain valley, farm 2 red frontiers. or you will be in a world of pain trying to get them later.

Twilight Princess said:
if you ever want to finish rebuilding colony 6, remember when you are at a certain valley, farm 2 red frontiers. or you will be in a world of pain trying to get them later.
You can always trade for them, I saw someone had them in his/her inventory (granted, you may need 5 * affinity with the faction they belong to). Not that I needed them but hope is not lost.

totowhoa

Banned
Rahxephon91 said:
How much did it cost for the regular edition elsewhere? I payed $50.

Regular edition prices after shipping from OP (although when I ordered on GAME I only had to pay 34.99 for some reason. Could be a typo on the OP's part, or something could have changed):

Zavvi £29.85 l GAME (Regular Edition) £37.99 l 365games £31.99 l ASDA £29.91

I think so far only people going through 365 and GAME are receiving their shipment now with some consistency.

Just got to the part where Shulk and Reyn set off for Colony 6. Loving this. The combat is just beautiful, and the look of the world is wonderful too. I love jumping into the lake of Colony 9 from the Cylinder area. I don't think the plot is great yet, but at least plenty is happening.

The Mechon aren't all that! I almost killed Metal Face, then they ignored my awesomeness D:

hey guys i would really like to order the game from the US but it seems that most of the retailers who ship to the america's are out of stock, so should i just wait to order it, or should i order it now and hope they are able to restock the game?

matthewd49 said:
hey guys i would really like to order the game from the US but it seems that most of the retailers who ship to the america's are out of stock, so should i just wait to order it, or should i order it now and hope they are able to restock the game?

Put in an order now. They won't charge you until they ship it.

Alright, I just got to the first major section of the game that I really didn't enjoy:

(mid-game spoilers... I think)

That whole section at the Imperial City where Melia leaves and does her ritual was just painful. Tons and tons and tons of cutscenes, very little gameplay, and the worst part: Melia leaves the party. Yes, it's temporary, but she was my main and it sucks to have to reconfigure armor/gems/etc. with everyone. That whole sequence was agonizing. It lasted way longer than it needed to. Luckily, my party was around level 48 so most enemies didn't engage me and I brushed off everything else.

Once I got her back I left to go exploring and questing at the Eryth Sea. It's kind of odd going back and finishing quests while the Mechon are attacking the city...

SecretMoblin said:
Alright, I just got to the first major section of the game that I really didn't enjoy:

(mid-game spoilers... I think)

That whole section at the Imperial City where Melia leaves and does her ritual was just painful. Tons and tons and tons of cutscenes, very little gameplay, and the worst part: Melia leaves the party. Yes, it's temporary, but she was my main and it sucks to have to reconfigure armor/gems/etc. with everyone. That whole sequence was agonizing. It lasted way longer than it needed to. Luckily, my party was around level 48 so most enemies didn't engage me and I brushed off everything else.

Once I got her back I left to go exploring and questing at the Eryth Sea. It's kind of odd going back and finishing quests while the Mechon are attacking the city...

In retrospect the time without Melia was quite short and the cutscenes there do push the story forward quite a bit, so I think what bugged me the most about that area is that the game gives you no warning that she is about to leave the party. I'd literally just levelled everyone up and rearranged my armour/gems to feature Melia in my main team too. Plus the fact that you can't leave the High Entia Tomb without beating the boss, so if you're underlevelled your only solution would be to grind, although luckily that didn't happen to me.

Considering the great pace the game sets, any blips or RPG cliché's the game does use can quite jarring.
Satorl Marsh in particular stuck out as a 'filler' area as practically nothing happens there and the game all of a sudden decides that you need to collect *sigh* 4 insignia before you can progress.

However in the grand scheme of things, I'm nit-picking.

I'm 57 hours in and I really like where the story is going. I still think the dialogue occasionally suffers from typical empty Shonen manga drama, but the whole world and conflict that gets created is just really good.

I've got a potential sidequest in the Mountain area that I can't seem to start up, some Nopon with an exclamation mark above his head demands to speak to some stubborn individual or something and Reyn wasn't the answer! this irks me.

Varion

Nocturnowl said:
I've got a potential sidequest in the Mountain area that I can't seem to start up, some Nopon with an exclamation mark above his head demands to speak to some stubborn individual or something and Reyn wasn't the answer! this irks me.
Talk to him using Dunban.

creid

RPGCrazied said:
I wonder what I'm going to do with myself for the at least month or more before mine comes in. Knowing Zavvi they will fuck with my shit, it'll get lost, maybe damaged. :(

RPGCrazied said:
Zavvi is trash. Thats all there is to it.

totowhoa

Banned
Lol, wait RPGCrazied, you knew about Zavvi's practices, still went through them, and you're still posting multiple times per day "wondering" why it's not been delivered yet or what?

MicH said:
Alright, if my game isn't here tomorrow I'm getting another copy. Fuck you GAME and your shitty shipping!

whats up dude. i dont blame you. if my copy isnt here by mid next week I think Im gonna order from 365games. If I didnt have DueSex (Deus Ex. even though i pronounce it day-us-ex) id be going fucking bonkers.

well that was a top secret message to my buddy, but Ive been drinking a bit a bit of tequila so now i guess it isnt a secret to e'rerybody

Kaizer

Banned
Has anyone who ordered from 365games received the game yet? I know it hasn't been long, but I was just wondering. I think they shipped my copy last Monday/Tuesday. I'd be going crazy like RPGcrazied soon enough, but I just started reading Hunter x Hunter, so I'm all good.

RPGCrazied

Sklorenz said:
Lol, wait RPGCrazied, you knew about Zavvi's practices, still went through them, and you're still posting multiple times per day "wondering" why it's not been delivered yet or what?

No. I just had a gut feeling, regardless of site. No big deal. After this I'm not importing again. I will just eBay Last Story with overnight shipping if I have to.

jesus...this game. This game.

just reached
Bionis' leg
, 12 hours in it. I....cant find the words to describe how all of this has been. TOTAL free roaming, gloriously directed and epic cutscenes, dramating turns of events, a story that makes me care about the characters, incredible, vivid world, streamlined but deep mechanics, content EVERYWHERE, so much of it it's actually almost overwhelming

the amount of effort and care those guys put into this game borders on maniacal

and the soundtrack...the soundtrack. Simply superb, touching, memorable

GOTY for me here guys. I can't put the CC down. God bless you NOE

Ronian

Neo Member
Why is Zavvi trash? Their shipping may take long but most shops do (even VG+ or Play Asia). I only had 2 minor damaged game cases, but I could return them without problems. So far I had more problems with Shopto (resealed game and they refuse to accept returns from non-uk residents) and Game (weirdest packaging I have ever seen for the Tactics Ogre CE)

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
RPGCrazied said:
No. I just had a gut feeling, regardless of site. No big deal. After this I'm not importing again. I will just eBay Last Story with overnight shipping if I have to.

You need to find something to do with your life that is not Playing A Video Game. It will come when it comes, and it will be "oh nice." This waiting day after day just has to stop. Just leave the thread, come back when it shows up.

duckroll

RPGCrazied said:

And then the same thing will happen! Except you'll be waiting for a much more inferior game!

legend166

Sklorenz said:

This whole thread is hilarious.

Before game releases: "Hey guys what site should we order from? Zavvi?"

People who have imported from Zavvi: "Zavvi is usually the cheapest, but deliveries usually take awhile. Two weeks seems to be the average. Could be less, could be more."

After game releases: "HOLY CRAP IT'S BEEN 12 DAYS SINCE THE GAME SHIPPED FROM ZAVVI AND I STILL DON'T HAVE IT WHAT IS GOING ON THIS SUCKS RAAAAAAAAGE"

You can really tell who's never imported a game before. 12 days is nothing.

wrowa

slaughterking said:
I'm 57 hours in and I really like where the story is going. I still think the dialogue occasionally suffers from typical empty Shonen manga drama, but the whole world and conflict that gets created is just really good.
I'm a little disappointed by the characters. But that's mostly because Baten Kaitos Origins, which was also written by Koh Kojima, had a really strong cast of memorable characters which can't be said about Xenoblade to the same degree.

To be fair, though, BKO only had a main cast of 3 people. It had much more time to flesh out each of them.

Fake Edit: I just realized, Xenoblade isn't written by Kojima at all. He's the director together with Takahashi. Huh. That's a first for him, I guess.

RPGCrazied said:
So, you are going to wait a month before ordering the game?

Where's the difference in that.

Cactus

Banned
Kaizer said:
Has anyone who ordered from 365games received the game yet? I know it hasn't been long, but I was just wondering. I think they shipped my copy last Monday/Tuesday. I'd be going crazy like RPGcrazied soon enough, but I just started reading Hunter x Hunter, so I'm all good.
We'll probably get it by the end of this week.

Top Bottom