• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Gvaz

Banned
finalozzo said:
i would like to use
melia
but without
sharla
i don't know how to heal. Shulk's ability is not enough.

dolphin r7671. I'm using the setup that someone posted here, maybe is the problem a 16x filter?
What's your computer like? also 7719 works great for me, and better than several of the older builds I tried. Those settings were probably my suggestion earlier and in the dolphin thread as well.

mclem

Chuck said:
GAF, I just 100% the Collectopaedia for Colony 9 and it awarded me a new sword but it's not displaying in my inventory. Any idea what's up?

For some reason, every weapon that you get from those popups has a sword icon no matter what the actual type of weapon is. I *think* the Colony 9 one is actually a Reyn weapon (And what *is* that thing? An attacking shield?), if you're looking for it as Shulk that would account for not being able to find it.

Antagon

Chuck said:
GAF, I just 100% the Collectopaedia for Colony 9 and it awarded me a new sword but it's not displaying in my inventory. Any idea what's up?

Is it missing from the general inventory or just when you try to equip it? And if you're trying to equip it, which character are you trying to equip it with?

mclem said:
For some reason, every weapon that you get from those popups has a sword icon no matter what the actual type of weapon is. I *think* the Colony 9 one is actually a Reyn weapon (And what *is* that thing? An attacking shield?), if you're looking for it as Shulk that would account for not being able to find it.
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the info. Although it's strange, no new weapon of any type's in my inventory. Oh well, it's only the first area, so hopefully I'm not missing out on anything TOO special.

I found my first "Super Rare" treasure chest and the armor has slots for gems which is pretty gnarly. And I've yet to set foot into the town beyond the cutscene. This game is MASSIVE. I'm enjoying just exploring the world around the colony.

Antagon said:
Is it missing from the general inventory or just when you try to equip it? And if you're trying to equip it, which character are you trying to equip it with?
It's missing altogether, unless I'm missing something. lol

The thing is, I hit "Take All" before I could make a mental note of its name.

finalozzo said:
on dolphin is crashing every 20 minutes. =/
Sounds like Dolphin to me. You'll soon learn what kinds of thing s tend to cause crashes and will have to tweek settings to compensate. Thats what I found when playing Baten Kaitos anyway. Then you put up with random crashes, ugh.

finalozzo said:
i would like to use
melia
but without
sharla
Well there is
Summon Aqua
but that is terrible (
damage is low, regen seems to suck
), thats another issue I have with the game is abilities for
regen just don't heal for enough HP to make them either a compliment or subsitute to actual healing and so pretty pointless

But the answer is simply that you don't. In most regular battles you can get away without healing then auto heal outside of battle. But for bosses you're in a bit of trouble.

I have a noob Q about armor: What do the small pink U and the small blue S in an item's icon indicate?

Also, what's ether? I appreciate the help, GAF.

Edit: Is bikini top worth buying? :p

BluWacky said:
It's
Carbon Driver
Thanks.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Kawl_USC said:
Alright fuck it. Game.co.uk's site came back up and I decided to join the hordes that will be waiting for a delivery now. I had to get the edition with the CC Pro, and I paid the 5 extra for the higher tier of shipping (even though I don't know the exact details of it since that button wouldn't load) because I didn't feel like taking any chances. Overall, I really hope this game ends up being worth the $90.
If not I can just resell it to RPGCrazied, amirite?

You're in the south (going by the SCAR icon) so you'll get it when I do.

Varion

finalozzo said:
i would like to use
melia
but without
sharla
You pretty much have to make it so that it is enough, by raising defence and agility. Especially agility. Light Heal is plenty when my main tank dodges 90-95% of regular attacks.

creid

Guys, my shit is fucked up, and I might have to shoot/slice someone:

Jun 30 - I place an order for Xenoblade at GAME.co.uk
Aug 16 - Xenoblade ships with £4.95, international 4-6 working day shipping
Aug 22 - I place an order for Inazuma Eleven at ASDA.com
Aug 23 - Inazuma Eleven ships with free, international 10-15 day shipping
Aug 31 - Inazuma Eleven arrives, with Xenoblade nowhere to be found

Fuckin' customs.

Dragon

Banned
creid said:

Fuckin' customs.

Wow it shipped five days before mine did. I guess I really shouldn't complain :/

creid said:

Fuckin' customs.

Glad to see you that you got a game from ASDA, even though it's not Xenoblade. I ordered Xenoblade from ASDA but still hasn't arrived. Somewhat reassuring, though. lol

TDLink

Quick Question regarding homebrew stuff. I got the game yesterday and have been enjoying it thus far utilizing GeckoOS to boot the game from the disc. I read earlier though people were ripping it to an external HDD to reduce load times. If you do this does it remove the files from the disc and thus make the disc no longer work, only the backup? Or does it simply copy to the HDD? I don't want to wreck the disc just for improved loads on the menus.

bubnbob

Banned
TDLink said:
Quick Question regarding homebrew stuff. I got the game yesterday and have been enjoying it thus far utilizing GeckoOS to boot the game from the disc. I read earlier though people were ripping it to an external HDD to reduce load times. If you do this does it remove the files from the disc and thus make the disc no longer work, only the backup? Or does it simply copy to the HDD? I don't want to wreck the disc just for improved loads on the menus.

uh... what? lol. it just makes a copy to the hard drive.

Chuck said:
Is it OK to sell collectables after 100%ing an area or are they used for more down the road?
You seriously don't need the money or inventory space so theres no harm leaving them. Some are used further down the road too for sidequests so again no harm. Last but not least you can gift them to other party members for (usually) very small affinity boosts...or reductions (so save beforehand).

Chuck said:
I have a noob Q about armor: What do the small pink U and the small blue S in an item's icon indicate?

Also, what's ether?
U means it has a gem slotted to it (one which can't be removed). S mean it has a slot to put a gem on (you can take the gem off freely). Weapons can have up to 3 slots while armour appears to be only be 1 (some times can be found both with and without slots). Which is better (slots vs stats) depends on the gems you have really.

Ether is magic. If artes use it, it'll say. You'll probably notice nearly all are physical now.

creid said:

Fuckin' customs.

I'm in the same boat for game/xenoblade

protonion

10 hours in and....I sold mine.

Come on people. All this forum praise and reviews for this? What should we do about FFXII then (I'm using this title because there are some similarities)? Offer human sacrifices to the developers?

A mediocre game at best.

And just to mention my tastes...
10/10-Chrono Trigger/FF9/Xenogears
9/10 -FFXII/DQVIII
8/10-A few FFs and DQs

I'd give Xenoblade a 6.

protonion said:

Come on people. All this forum praise and reviews for this? What should we do about FFXII then (I'm using this title because there are some similarities)? Offer human sacrifices to the developers?

A mediocre game at best.

9/10 -FFXII/DQVIII
8/10-A few FFs and DQs

I'd give Xenoblade a 6.

I guess that makes one. haha.

protonion said:

A mediocre game at best.

9/10 -FFXII/DQVIII
8/10-A few FFs and DQs

I'd give Xenoblade a 6.
you just can't say a few ffs and dqs wtf is this nonsense.

EatChildren said:
Too often have we seen developers equate 'streamline' to 'remove features'. Instead, Xenoblade Chronicles goes in the opposite direction, streamlining only for the sake of accessibility and modern conventions, at absolutely no cost to content or gameplay depth.

So true...

Nice review, btw!

protonion said:

A mediocre game at best.

9/10 -FFXII/DQVIII
8/10-A few FFs and DQs

I'd give Xenoblade a 6.

VWkNh.gif

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
protonion said:

A mediocre game at best.

9/10 -FFXII/DQVIII
8/10-A few FFs and DQs

I'd give Xenoblade a 6.

KuGsj.gif

Subxero

The Int3rsect said:
Glad to see you that you got a game from ASDA, even though it's not Xenoblade. I ordered Xenoblade from ASDA but still hasn't arrived. Somewhat reassuring, though. lol

ASDA shipped my copy of Xenoblade the 20th. I'm hoping it may show up this Friday or Saturday.

Trying to not be too worried about it unless it doesn't show by the end of next week. I just wished there was a way I could track it.

I have a huge back log anyway. I'm finally getting to play through Tales of Vesperia on the 360.

Gvaz

Banned
protonion said:

A mediocre game at best.

9/10 -FFXII/DQVIII
8/10-A few FFs and DQs

I'd give Xenoblade a 6.

ief4issyxy70p.gif

Sorry but FF12 is a pile of shit compared to this.

Subxero said:
ASDA shipped my copy of Xenoblade the 20th. I'm hoping it may show up this Friday or Saturday.

Trying to not be too worried about it unless it doesn't show by the end of next week. I just wished there was a way I could track it.

I have a huge back log anyway. I'm finally getting to play through Tales of Vesperia on the 360.

ordered on the 13th. dispatched on the 15 lol. still nothing.

Let me in

Gvaz said:
Sorry but FF12 is a pile of shit compared to this.
I wouldn't say pile of shit, but Xenoblade definitely improves upon FFXII in many ways. Travel time, quest management, battle system, pacing. XII trumps it in art and VA. I still love both.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Let me in said:
I wouldn't say pile of shit, but Xenoblade definitely improves upon FFXII in many ways. Travel time, quest management, battle system, pacing. XII trumps it in art and VA. I still love both.

Xenoblade feels like the evolution of XII. I don't really think it is possible to say one is shit and the other isn't as there is a clear line of development between them. Of course it is perfectly acceptable to prefer the style and aesthetics of one or the other.

Let me in

vcassano1 said:
Xenoblade feels like the evolution of XII. I don't really think it is possible to say one is shit and the other isn't as there is a clear line of development between them. Of course it is perfectly acceptable to prefer the style and aesthetics of one or the other.
Right. Xenoblade is what FFXIII should have been: an evolution of the JPRG.

Mojojo

Doing quests in
Alcamoth
is soooooooooooo frustrating. Finally caved in and used this https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...JfUWhOTGd5Wm1uS25ub2FDeE5BekE&hl=en_US#gid=11 to know the locations and time of npcs.

For those who have unlocked the 4th characters skillset, I have a problem for one party member :
Rikki. I know you need to speak to dabidabi and jump from 7th floor to the reservoir, but Dabidabi offers no quest ... I have 5 stars with Frontier Village,, done a truckload of quests there, unlocked all 4th skills for all the other companions (minus the 7th one)..
So I don't know what I could have missed? Maybe it is linked to the Nopon sage 's quests? I have done 2 quests for him then he tells me I am not ready to continue yet with his tests..
Storywise, I am about to leave the Hidden village to go to the mechonis capital

Mojojo said:
Doing quests in
Alcamoth
is soooooooooooo frustrating. Finally caved in and used this https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...JfUWhOTGd5Wm1uS25ub2FDeE5BekE&hl=en_US#gid=11 to know the locations and time of npcs.

For those who have unlocked the 4th characters skillset, I have a problem for one party member :
Rikki. I know you need to speak to dabidabi and jump from 7th floor to the reservoir, but Dabidabi offers no quest ... I have 5 stars with Frontier Village,, done a truckload of quests there, unlocked all 4th skills for all the other companions (minus the 7th one)..
So I don't know what I could have missed? Maybe it is linked to the Nopon sage 's quests? I have done 2 quests for him then he tells me I am not ready to continue yet with his tests..
Storywise, I am about to leave the Hidden village to go to the mechonis capital
you might need to advance in the main story a bit. not that i have the quest unlocked.

Top Bottom