• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
RPGCrazied said:
Then why am I the last person to receive it? Seems like everyone has got their copy by now. It's zavvi. If I did GAME or 365, I would have it by now.

Dude, there are a lot of reasons for it.

But GAME was pretty smooth, 2 weeks on import (And in Canada getting through customs is a bitch) so when TLS comes out use them, but you can't just be this upset.

Once people had to import from us back in the SNES days, this is just our turn.

Besides, maybe someone at Customs is playing your game before they send it. It is a LONG game, just let him finish it so he can continue it on its way man!

RPGCrazied said:
My USPS runs on Saturday. That is how people is getting the game, so again, yes it is considered a working day.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_day

A business day is considered every official working day of the week. Another common term is working day. Typically, these are the days between and including Monday to Friday and do not include public holidays and weekends.[1]

I'm pretty sure everyone in the US has the same USPS, but I doubt Saturdays I factored in what Zavi considers 20 business/work days.

UberTag

robotzombie said:
First, if I'm playing with Gecko, do I go to homebrew, click on Gecko, then put the disc in? Also, once the game is on, does it just save normally to the Wii?
I just did this last night so it's fresh.

1) Put the disc in (doesn't matter when).
2) Go to Homebrew.
3) Click on Gecko.
4) Select the Config Settings option.
5) Switch the PAL60 flag to YES.
6) Save the configuration.
7) Boot the game.
8) Let gorgeous title sequence stay on-screen for full 24-hour day-to-night-to-day cycle.

I just picked up some cheap precision screwdriver crap at the local dollar store so I can conduct surgery on my Wii's noisy disc drive tonight.

wsippel

Banned
robotzombie said:
Okay, so I'm about to start

Two things:

First, if I'm playing with Gecko, do I go to homebrew, click on Gecko, then put the disc in? Also, once the game is on, does it just save normally to the Wii?

Second, there aren't any missables right? I mean this is a good game to play without having to rely on a guide?
Yes and yes. And there's a metric ton of optional, easily missable stuff.

Kandinsky

RPGCrazied said:
No. I don't have it. Something happened. I don't care what anyone else says. I'm not getting it. Now I have to fight for a refund, that should be a nightmare in itself.
I thought you were waiting untill Sept. 5?

ramyeon

RPGCrazied said:
No. I don't have it. Something happened. I don't care what anyone else says. I'm not getting it. Now I have to fight for a refund, that should be a nightmare in itself.
Your name is so fitting. You have actually gone crazy now. This thread is almost like a document of a breakdown. You will get your game, just calm down and wait like everyone else, including me. Deep breaths, go outside, do something else.

creid

RPGCrazied said:
Then why am I the last person to receive it? Seems like everyone has got their copy by now. It's zavvi. If I did GAME or 365, I would have it by now.
Plenty of people do not, including myself.

finalozzo said:
where can i obtain
monado eater and armor?
and what about the 4th/5th skill tree for shulk and dunban?
Assuming my brain didn't misinterpret the thing I picked up in Xenoblade earlier today I think Monado eater was gained in the ancient tomb that's in the jungle area, the sidequest to enter is started through a female nopon on the archeology floor at frontier village, I think the starting quest was to get three ancient documents and it goes on from there, at the end of the quests you can open a chest in the tomb that contains monado eater.

And I got one of Dunban's skill trees through the sidequests given by Nopon researchers on the mountain. The line of quests to do with the antols and chicken things......yeah i'm not good at remembering names. Hopefully someone else can give better info and also inform me as to the whearbouts of Shulk's skill trees.

Fahrenheit said:
I want higher quality then my home printer can do. Back when I was younger I used to print out shit like that all the time but on plain paper and it looked like ass. Of course I still wallpapered my room with them.

Fucking A. This x 100

Finalow

Nocturnowl said:
Assuming my brain didn't misinterpret the thing I picked up in Xenoblade earlier today I think Monado eater was gained in the ancient tomb that's in the jungle area, the sidequest to enter is started through a female nopon on the archeology floor at frontier village, I think the starting quest was to get three ancient documents and it goes on from there, at the end of the quests you can open a chest in the tomb that contains monado eater.

And I got one of Dunban's skill trees through the sidequests given by Nopon researchers on the mountain. The line of quests to do with the antols and chicken things......yeah i'm not good at remembering names. Hopefully someone else can give better info and also inform me as to the whearbouts of Shulk's skill trees.
ok, thanks. I'll see in frontier village.

Dr. Ecco

Neo Member
Maybe this has been answered before, but please, would you tell me, spoiler-free, if this game has an endgame mode where you can finish sidequests, kill uniques, etc? Much appreciated.

wsippel

Banned
It seems Monolith did a lot of outsourcing - and not exactly the low end, cheap stuff. The cutscenes were created by Production IG (Ghost in the Shell) and Graphinica (Bleach, Hellsing Ultimate) for example.

finalozzo said:
ok, thanks. I'll see in frontier village.
Lupa, archaeology center, at night.

Also:
Shulk's 4th skill tree: Desiree, Colony 9
Shulk's 5th skill tree: Emmy Leater or whatever, Colony 9/ Ether Mine

Dunban's 4th skill tree: Named Nopon archaeologist, mountains
Dunban's 5th skill tree: Orkatrix, Fallen Arm

RPGCrazied

I'm gonna leave the thread until I get it now. :) Don't want to accidentally spoil something, seeing as how many of you now have it.

Have fun! Hope to join soon.

Finalow

wsippel said:
It seems Monolith did a lot of outsourcing - and not exactly the low end, cheap stuff. The cutscenes were created by Production IG (Ghost in the Shell) and Graphinica (Bleach, Hellsing Ultimate) for example.

Also:
Shulk's 4th skill tree: Desiree, Colony 9
Shulk's 5th skill tree: Emmy Leater or whatever, Colony 9/ Ether Mine

Dunban's 4th skill tree: Named Nopon archaeologist, mountains
Dunban's 5th skill tree: Orkatrix, Fallen Arm
at night =|, that's why i'm not finding her.
Colony 9/ Ether Mine
Colony 9 or Ether Mine?

Luigiv

wsippel said:
Production IG do real time cutscenes?

Hiltz

I'm at level 35 and a little over 30 hours after arriving at
Frontier Village. I bought some Art manuals from the merchant in the village and it looks like there will be another party member joining named Riki... but I barely even started to figure out how to use Melia. What's her general strategy? I read through the tutorial about how she uses buffs and then dismiss them to attack ?

Kjellson

Name for a late area ahead, just for the picky.

In
Valak Mountain
there is an area I can't get to. There is a lake, but it's so high up I can't even get to it by the geyser. It's close to the Hollow Bone landmark. Anyone know how to get there?

Leeness

I feel kind if bad for saying this, but one of my copies showed up. Not sure if it's zavvi or 365games, there was no shipping slip, but there you go.

Doesn't matter which anyway, both of my copies shipped last Thursday. So... 5 working days for me.

I seem to be in a good area for UK imports though. Favoured country of the UK (Canada), west coast, etc.

I can't play it till Saturday at the earliest anyway haha.

Good luck RPGCrazed. I know you'll get yours soon, one way or the other.

squall23

finalozzo said:
where can i obtain
monado eater and armor?
and what about the 4th/5th skill tree for shulk and dunban?
Monado Armor
is from a quest in the
Machina Village

Finalow

--
desiree doesn't give me a shit, i'm talking to her: bla bla bla. And I repaired her watch.

Can anyone give me a few tips on some strategies for parties? I'm at level 34 and
Melia
has just joined.

I haven't really strayed from using Reyn as a tank,
Sharla
as a healer and Shulk as a general damage dealer mainly because it's so damn effective.

However I'm wondering what sort of roles I can have for
Dunban
and
Melia

ArcticDonkey said:
Can anyone give me a few tips on some strategies for parties? I'm at level 34 and
Melia
has just joined.

Sharla
as a healer and Shulk as a general damage dealer mainly because it's so damn effective.

Dunban
and
Melia

Replace Reyn with Dunban. You could use Melia instead of Sharla as well, but I prefer her healing over Melia's damage.

Kjellson said:
Name for a late area ahead, just for the picky.

In
Valak Mountain
there is an area I can't get to. There is a lake, but it's so high up I can't even get to it by the geyser. It's close to the Hollow Bone landmark. Anyone know how to get there?
Once you get the magma rock that can melt ice you can open a new path around the entrance to the mountain (as in the top where you first enter, scan the map closely for thin pathways) somewhere on the right side, from this newly opened route you can head down this lengthy ice path which ends in a big jump, if you don't jump at the end or flub the jump timing you fall into a big pool of water, this may be the lake you have seen when being blasted up by the geyser. But you don't gain anything from landing there, a well timed jump at the end of the slide can have you latch onto a climbable cliff face and reach the summit which in turn can lead to more small pools of water to drop into.
The mountain has tons of little pathways though so i'm not sure if this is the one you are aiming for, but I know the feeling of wondering "how the hell do I reach that area?!"

wsippel

Banned
finalozzo said:
Colony 9 or Ether Mine?
Both.
You get the quest from Miller in Colony 9, then go to Emmy who hides in Ether Mine. Considering there' little reason to go there ever again and Miller doesn't know where she is, she would be next to impossible to find if nobody told you. Other than that, it's the most simple to get fifth skill tree.

And a few more optional skill trees - don't read until you reach Fallen Arm:

Reyn 4th tree: Ma'crish, Colony 6, daytime
Reyn 5th tree: Moritz, Colony 9/ Residential District, daytime

Melia 4th tree: Shalen, Eryth Sea/ Lighthouse
Melia 5th tree: Talia, Eryth Sea/ Ether Plant, daytime

Sharla 4th tree: Rasha, Frontier Village/ Sacred Altar, daytime
Sharla 5th tree: Don Argentis, Colony 6, daytime

Riki 4th tree: Dabidabi, Frontier Village/ top floor at the diving board, nighttime
Riki 5th tree: Nopon Sage, Makna Forest near the secret area at Makna Falls, between 1200 and 1500

Fiora 4th tree: Karlos, Fallen Arm/ Village, nighttime
Fiora 5th tree: Dullahan, Bionis Leg/ Refugee Camp, daytime

Some of them require really high levels. Gamebreakingly high. Level 95 or something.

ArcticDonkey said:
Melia
has just joined.

Sharla

Dunban
and
Melia
Dunban
is a DD that draws some aggro and has good evasion skills. He's a good replacement for Reyn.
Melia
can buff your party and can conveniently topple enemies. She is fun to play and does fine damage with her discharge. If you don't think your party needs much healing I would replace Sharla with her.

Soroc

MicH said:
Got to Gaur Plain. Wow. Also I KEEP DYING :( DAMN mechons, they kill me every single time. They are all in bunches. Fuck. I need to grind, I think...

May not need to do sidequests or grind. I noticed on Gaur Plain that it was the first time I needed to start pulling mobs like in MMO's due to some mobs being pretty close together or patrolling.

If you target an enemy and then press down you will see a "lure" option. If you use this you can essentially "pull" enemies to your location and fight them so that they are out of the aggro range of other mobs.

bubnbob

Banned
Nocturnowl said:
Ohoho! now i'm much more intrigued,
Coming to think of it there are some blatant villains who have yet to play their part, damn now I want to get back to playing again, but not until tomorrow.

No fuck that, play now. You are like 5 minutes from the WUTTTTT moment

Hiltz

I know that Ether is this game's form of magic, but I'm still confused about what the Ether character stat does.

For example, what benefits does it have if you increase it using gems in
Sharla's weapons and armor? Does it only have some kind of effect on her healing and buff/debuff moves ? I noticed that if you increase her strength, then her physical attack damage goes up. So does that mean her physical damage is for moves like Metal Bullet and her regular auto-attack move?

wsippel

Banned
Luigiv said:
Production IG do real time cutscenes?
Judging by Xenoblade: Yes. But there's also one prerendered sequence in the game - maybe they did that one... ;)

Also, a very nice touch I just noticed a few hours ago: In New Game +, when you have that vision very early in the game, every character wears the armor they had when you finished the game. But not only that: There's a huge flashback near the end of the game, and the game actually remembers which armor and weapons you had equipped at those points - it really shows the correct equipment. I love that attention to detail!

wsippel

Banned
Wild speculation, but anyone remember that artwork Monolith posted a while ago, with the UFO crash site in some desert? No, there are no UFOs in Xenoblade, but...

Ending spoilers:

The "new" universe doesn't confine people to a single planet anymore. Zanza destroyed and recreated the world so that the people could never be advanced enough to reach for the stars, because if they did and left, he'd starve to death. It's said that the universe is now infinite, with an infinite number of different species on an infinite number of other planets - and Shulk develops the ambition to leave the planet and visit them some day.

This game is mesmerizing beyond anything Ive played in years and I havent even left the
initial starting point with Reyn yet. Im just fucking around listening to the music and killing enemies. I also stared at the title screen with my jaw on the floor for about five minutes or so. Severe PSone RPG flashbacks have also been prominent.

Kjellson

Nocturnowl said:
Once you get the magma rock that can melt ice you can open a new path around the entrance to the mountain (as in the top where you first enter, scan the map closely for thin pathways) somewhere on the right side, from this newly opened route you can head down this lengthy ice path which ends in a big jump, if you don't jump at the end or flub the jump timing you fall into a big pool of water, this may be the lake you have seen when being blasted up by the geyser. But you don't gain anything from landing there, a well timed jump at the end of the slide can have you latch onto a climbable cliff face and reach the summit which in turn can lead to more small pools of water to drop into.
The mountain has tons of little pathways though so i'm not sure if this is the one you are aiming for, but I know the feeling of wondering "how the hell do I reach that area?!"
I think I know which lake you're ranking about, and I've already been there. There seems to be three lakes in that area, and I'm starting to believe that you get access to the place that seems to be really far up later.

Kerrinck

Can someone help me find an npc? His name is Adidi and he is supposed to be in
frontier village
. It is related to the quest regarding
Riki's 4th skill tree
Searched everywhere and he is not even in my affinity chart.
Even what hours he is supposed to appear would help a lot already.
Spoiler taged just in case.

fz875l.jpg

Finally, report back later.

KarmaCow

Kerrinck said:
Can someone help me find an npc? His name is Adidi and he is supposed to be in
frontier village
. It is related to the quest regarding
Riki's 4th skill tree
Searched everywhere and he is not even in my affinity chart.
Even what hours he is supposed to appear would help a lot already.
Spoiler taged just in case.

I forgot who originally posted this but it has really help with the quest bullshit.

wsippel

Banned
JumpingTheGun said:
This game is mesmerizing beyond anything Ive played in years and I havent even left the
initial starting point with Reyn yet. Im just fucking around listening to the music and killing enemies. I also stared at the title screen with my jaw on the floor for about five minutes or so. Severe PSone RPG flashbacks have also been prominent.
And people laughed when Nintendo bought those guys. Serious Metroid Prime flashbacks here - they basically showed every single RPG developer how it's done... lol

Top Bottom