• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

MicH

I beat that stupid ether mine boss after a few tries - with ease at that, lol. Pretty cool.

Also:
After meeting up with Dickson and Dunban, are you supposed to go to the Marsh? I thought we were going to visit Colony 6, but I seemingly couldn't find the way?

I just got owned by a frog accompanied by two giant birds. I hate those birds just flying down to attack :(

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Legit question to ask; is there ever a point where you can actually try and beat harder enemies? Where I am they just kill me in 2-3 hits (only about 6 hours in) before I can actually try and use a strategy to beat them (named enemies, 2 levels higher)

Varion

MicH said:
I beat that stupid ether mine boss after a few tries - with ease at that, lol. Pretty cool.

Also:
After meeting up with Dickson and Dunban, are you supposed to go to the Marsh? I thought we were going to visit Colony 6, but I seemingly couldn't find the way?

I just got owned by a frog accompanied by two giant birds. I hate those birds just flying down to attack :(
Yes you are, you go back there later. The game will tell you when you can.

Reknoc

Antagon said:
One thing I can't wrap my head around is how a game that has such fantastic environments can have such awful character and monster designs. While Reyn and Dunban are allright, Sharla (especially the ridiculous fan service), Riki and Melia are awful. And monsters don't seem to have any consistency in their designs.

:I

KarmaCow

finalozzo said:
i have to protect Ewan (colony 6) but i don't know where is he.

He's either in the
Ether Mine or Satorl Marsh, it depends one which you enter first after getting the quest. I don't know about Satorl Marsh but in the Ether Mine, he's right by the unique snail monster by the pool of water.

Gambit

MicH said:

Also:

good job. It was similar with me, when I beat him, he was such a jokah.

RPGCrazied said:
Oh yippie. Didn't come today. But I went with Zavvi, apparently I have to wait a fucking month. Joke is on me I guess.

Don't let yourself get riled up. I know it's easier said than done, but the wait for an English version was so long, what's a few more days, really? Having said that, I myself am not very patient at all, so I can understand.

The point is that all this aggro might work against you enjoying the game as you normally would. What good would it do you if you dislike the game just because of all the circumstances surrounding it?

It really is a good game and I hope you will enjoy it. Don't let zavvi or gaf mess it up for you.

Finalow

KarmaCow said:
He's either in the
Ether Mine or Satorl Marsh, it depends one which you enter first after getting the quest. I don't know about Satorl Marsh but in the Ether Mine, he's right by the unique snail monster by the pool of water.
i should see, first ether mine.

btw does someone know why Lupa from frontier village doesn't give me any quest? I have already repaired the 4th bridge. w h y :'(

Finalow

KarmaCow said:
He's either in the
i've already killed that unique monster, so now he tells me ''kill that t-t-thing'' and there is nothing to kill. =|

Lucentto

Banned
Mine came in today from GAME. I live in Georgia if anyone is curious. It looks like the copies really were held up by customs. I wouldn't be surprised if RPGCrazied finally gets his by the end of the week.

KarmaCow

Antagon said:
One thing I can't wrap my head around is how a game that has such fantastic environments can have such awful character and monster designs. While Reyn and Dunban are allright, Sharla (especially the ridiculous fan service), Riki and Melia are awful. And monsters don't seem to have any consistency in their designs.

I was messing around, trying look for good armour for my non-party members for cutscenes and unfortunately even the heavy armour has Sharla's tits and ass hanging out.

Riki looks hilarious though, it makes him into a spike ball.

mclem

finalozzo said:
i've already killed that unique monster, so now he tells me ''kill that t-t-thing'' and there is nothing to kill. =|

Happened to me. There's a landmark right there; teleport to it a few times, and it'll be back.

Andrew.

Banned
The tale of poor RPGcrazied's suffering will live on forever in the minds of gaffers everywhere!.

Consider yourself a slight GAF legend. lol

Antagon

Hiltz said:
I like the monster designs but most of the character designs aren't my cup of tea. Fortunately, the game's pros of the game easily out outweigh the cons.

Definitely, it's one of the best games I've played. But that's why it boggles my mind so much.

And I've seen some great monster designs, but some of them are awful and there just doesn't seem that much consistency between them.

Codeblue

Rahxephon91 said:
I actually check this thread everyday just to see if RPGCrazy got his copy. I feel like if he gets his, mine cant be far off.

This is exactly what I'm doing too. The mood swings from anger to depression and broken logic are pretty entertaining so it eases the wait.

MicH

Have any of you seen the commercials/trailers on the Xenoblade account on Youtube? Some of them are really awesome, but, I assume, quite spoilery? I don't know, I didn't know any of the characters/story elements shown yet :p But check them out, especially this one (WARNING: SPOILERS!): http://youtu.be/kEM67HUMieA Very cool.

MicH said:
Have any of you seen the commercials/trailers on the Xenoblade account on Youtube? Some of them are really awesome, but, I assume, quite spoilery? I don't know, I didn't know any of the characters/story elements shown yet :p But check them out, especially this one: http://youtu.be/kEM67HUMieA Very cool.

They're all insanely spoilery :p

45 hours on the clock for me, and I still haven't seen some of the scenes in them.

TBH I'd recommend not watch them at all.

I haven't seen any on TV.
And I wouldn't say they are too spoilery. There are some very brief moments from the second half of the game, but without any context there's no way you can connect the dots.

MicH

slaughterking said:
I haven't seen any on TV.
And I wouldn't say they are too spoilery. There are some very brief moments from the second half of the game, but without any context there's no way you can connect the dots.
Yeah, exactly how I thought. Although I've seen some of it in visions so far, most of the stuff I didn't know anything of. If you don't have the game, it shouldn't be bad. I put in a warning anyway.

bubnbob

Banned
Is the name red? Someone had the same issue...

red name = you are underleveled = you will miss due to negative agility penalty

Frillen

I finally built up the modano (after what felt like an eternity). I was definitely not underleveled as I was on the same level as the boss. But thanks guys.

McNum

Frillen said:
But I can't use it. As I always miss I can't build up the modano.
Shulk has a HP to Monado Charge art. Use that. If he doesn't you're underleveled.

This particular boss comes up a lot in this thread. Is it the wakeup call boss of the game, or what?

Andrew.

Banned
robotzombie said:
I wonder how RPGCrazied would feel knowing I got it yesterday and ended up just playing Deus ex and league of legends last night

Jumpingthegun....didnt you feel the same way when you got yours. Ill keep Deus away while you put your time into Xeno.

Frillen

McNum said:
Shulk has a HP to Monado Charge art. Use that. If he doesn't you're underleveled.

This particular boss comes up a lot in this thread. Is it the wakeup call boss of the game, or what?

Yeah, I used that. The boss wasn't hard at all after I removed his aura.

Nope, LV99, 9999 HP.

Got 5 more Affinity Coins yay. Total 230 for now.

And I'm missing 39 advanced skill books. Gonna be a pain to kill the unique that drops the ones I'm missing and then to do the reloading trick until it pops up in the chest.

Hiltz

About the Monado's vision power in battle. I know that my party gauge was on two seperate occassions, 1 1/2 and 2 meters full at the time while I was controlling someone other than Shulk. However, I still was unable to do anything to counter a monster's attack. Nothing happend after trying to press some buttons to get the battle palette to display. The flashing b button also did not appear. What's going on?

KarmaCow

After running into the level 57 unique
walking fortress in Sword Valley, I've gained a new appreciation for Reyn. There are just some times when you need damage mitigation rather than evade since I don't think you can avoid ether attacks. It was also refreshing fighting something that wasn't 5+ levels below me. The Mumkhar fight was a complete joke because I was trying to the 4th skill tree for a couple characters. The cutscene afterwards was also pretty dumb, but that's another issue.

Hiltz said:
About the Monado's vision power in battle. I know that my party gauge was on two seperate occassions, 1 1/2 and 2 meters full at the time while I was controlling someone other than Shulk. However, I still was unable to do anything to counter a monster's attack. Nothing happend after trying to press some buttons to get the battle palette to display. The flashing b button also did not appear. What's going on?

Do you mean your pallete wouldn't display or your ally's pallete? I'm assuming it's the latter and all I can think of is that you weren't close enough to warn them.

Otherwise, I have no idea.

Zafir

robotzombie said:
I wonder how RPGCrazied would feel knowing I got it yesterday and ended up just playing Deus ex and league of legends last night
I didn't play it for a good 5 or 6 days last week. D:

McNum

Zafir said:
I didn't play it for a good 5 or 6 days last week. D:
I haven't been able to play it all week. I've been sick and got dizzy when playing some games. Unfortunately, Xenoblade is one of those.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Probably asked a thousand times but how does it work with Dolphin and has anyone tried with Dolphin Mac version?

Do I need a Wiimote to play on Dolphin? and a sensor bar? or just a pad? Found on this thread finally. Seems classic controller is ok with bluetooth connection and without sensor bar.

EDIT: On a side-note. Does this look a bit familiar to you? Link to a finnish forum of the game.

Was just browsing through the import OT and refound this awesome piece of concept art.

zunzu.jpg

No bigger, unfortunately.

Top Bottom