• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

bubnbob

Banned
Chuck said:
How do you unlock Heart-to-Hearts?

- You need the characters required to be in the active party.
---- If you don't have the right characters period, the game will give you a regular message saying you can't do it.

- You need the right time (Day, Night, Anytime)
---- Change the clock if necessary

- You need the right affinity between characters
---- Increase Affinity by giving them gifts, having them in your party when accepting quests, having them in your party when in fights (provide encouragement).

THIS

IS

NOT

ROCKET

SCIENCE

RPGCrazied said:
Oh yippie. Didn't come today. But I went with Zavvi, apparently I have to wait a fucking month. Joke is on me I guess.

Mine came in today from TheHut, so yours should be here in a shortly.

Varion

wsippel said:
Prison Island Cathedral?
Save, finish the fight, load, do the endgame, then finish it again. That's my suggestion. That's what I should have done.
Yeah, that's where I am.

Could do that but I dunno, feels like it'd be more satisfying to make seeing the ending for the first time the last thing I do with the game. I'm keeping this L80 save file either way, so that the final battle isn't an utter joke.

wsippel

Banned
Varion said:
Yeah, that's where I am.

Could do that but I dunno, feels like it'd be more satisfying to make seeing the ending for the first time the last thing I do with the game. I'm keeping this L80 save file either way, so that the final battle isn't an utter joke.
The problem is that you'll be level 99 by the time you're done with the endgame. And well... You'll one hit the final boss by that time, basically.

Diffense

BTW, I posted WAAY back about not being able to complete a colony 9 quest because I
killed the unique lizard in Mag Mell Ruins
before I accepted the quest.
Well, I just decided to check and it still hasn't respawned after days of playing on and off.
That's a bit strange based on what I've been hearing from other people.

daakusedo

The last part of the game is really problematic, I don't know what to do.

I arrived at the heart of mekonis and first you can go to the story goal or go visiting what I think is a dungeon. I don't do more than opening the red barrier thinking I have to go to the goal first. But in fact, when you do this that's a lot of boss battles and story sequences beginning.

So I did it without saving, and at the end, come back to colony 6, no more true hayenth, and that include the scientific group. So I think it's now impossible to unlock the secret areas like the church in vallak and other doors? So for now I saved in the second slot...

MicH said:
I've been doing a lot of question lately and more seem to pop up every time. Some of them are a bit tedious. I have to find a Lake Drop and it's impossible :( WHERE IS IT I'VE SEARCHED THE ENTIRE LAKE :(

Also, as mentioned earlier, Satorl Marsh is absolutely stunning at night. And the music, oh god the music. So good! However, those god damn birds keep flying down and attacking me. Stop it, god dammit, stop it! :p

I think it's so far the worst location in the game BY FAR. Colors look like crap, the enemies are annoying and even the exploring is not too much fun. Can't wait to leave it.

wsippel

Banned
daakusedo said:
The last part of the game is really problematic, I don't know what to do.

I arrived at the heart of mekonis and first you can go to the story goal or go visiting what I think is a dungeon. I don't do more than opening the red barrier thinking I have to go to the goal first. But in fact, when you do this that's a lot of boss battles and story sequences beginning.

So I did it without saving, and at the end, come back to colony 6, no more true hayenth, and that include the scientific group. So I think it's now impossible to unlock the secret areas like the church in vallak and other doors? So for now I saved in the second slot...
I did all that stuff, including the Giant and High Entia ruins, after that point. The game will tell you when it's really over.

So I took my Wii to my parents who own a big ass 50" B&O Plasma TV, darkened the room and played Xenoblade

The result: Both of my parents, my brother and his girlfriend watched me 2 hours playing.
The
waterfalls location with the long bridge which leads to the Nopon village is an eyecatcher we have never seen in a videogame before
. We all were literally at a loss of words. In silence I performed at least 20 jumps off different cliffs in front of that breathtaking scenery.
Also I was surprised how much better the Wii looks on plasma (compared to my LCD TV).

I wasn't so amazed by a videogame since I rode across Hyrule in Ocarina of Time the first time.

daakusedo

wsippel said:
I did all that stuff, including the Giant and High Entia ruins, after that point. The game will tell you when it's really over.

So what is really over at this point?
I have some hayenth without links like the argentis sisters, Jalech and is girl...

MYE

Holy fuck people!

2reod21.jpg

god damn!

edit:
AndyMoogle said:
Which TV is that? Looks pretty damn good.

Sony Bravia

Varion

wsippel said:
The problem is that you'll be level 99 by the time you're done with the endgame. And well... You'll one hit the final boss by that time, basically.
That's what I'm keeping the L80 save file for though, once I've done all the optional content I'll just switch back to this save and then finish the game off.

bubnbob said:
The final battle will be an utter joke at Level 80 as it is.
Less of a joke than at 99 at least.

schennmu said:
I think it's so far the worst location in the game BY FAR. Colors look like crap, the enemies are annoying and even the exploring is not too much fun. Can't wait to leave it.
I agree about everything except the way it looks at night.

daakusedo

wsippel said:
That's endgame stuff.

Ok so it looks like I have do all the Alcamoth quests, that's cool.
I will retry before my second save for the dungeon I think i missed in
the heart of mekonis

Just gone through a bunch of big plot events, I didn't expect that the main story would still be trucking on at around level 70, most rpgs I've played stop around 60 max for the main game! I have most certainly got my moneys worth with this game.
*big late game spoilers*
Just done with the stuff at the mechonis core, i'm relieved that there wasn't another barrage of murderous robots for time consumption, i'm tired of having to use enchant for every fight!
Hulk Hogan Dickson has completed his somewhat inevitable heel turn, on the other hand the other set of events that have just happened, well I didn't see most of them coming at all, lovely.

wsippel

Banned
Varion said:
That's what I'm keeping the L80 save file for though, once I've done all the optional content I'll just switch back to this save and then finish the game off.
That works as well. Just be advised that many endgame bosses are significantly harder than the final story boss.

Want Riki's final skill tree? Or even Fiora's final skill tree? Yeah... Zanza is nothing against the guys you'll face.

@Nocturnowl:

Told you so! ;)

Been spending my first hour or so exploring Colony 9. This game's scale is HUGE. Also, got a ton of quests already. I almost don't want night time to end. Such gorgeous music. ;__;

x3r0123

after 60 hours i beat the game :) and really enjoyed the game. That
last monado
looks awesome. So far the best wii jrpg i played

Hiltz

I did some more side quests in Colony 9 and beat two unique monsters as well.

Agora Shore in Colony 9 is a nice place to level up by fighting monsters lvl 34-35. Killed
a giant bog frog at level 40 over there. Also defeated a big blue bird monster on Anti- Air Battery 3.

Anyone know where to find Armus milk in Colony 9 for a quest? I found maternal milk from treasure chests from killing plain armus monsters on Agora Shore, but haven't found the right one yet. Armus are those yellow/brown four-legged armadillo herd monsters.

Hiltz said:
I did some more side quests in Colony 9 and beat two unique monsters as well.

Agora Shore in Colony 9 is a nice place to level up by fighting monsters lvl 34-35. Killed
a giant bog frog at level 40 over there. Also defeated a big blue bird monster on Anti- Air Battery 3.

Anyone know where to find Armus milk in Colony 9 for a quest? I found maternal milk from treasure chests from killing plain armus monsters on Agora Shore, but haven't found the right one yet. Armus are those yellow/brown four-legged armadillo herd monsters.

Heading out the main entrance to colony 9, head right and follow the beach area round and you should find some low level ones that drop the correct milk type on the grass around the cliff.

Man I cant fucking stop exploring and gaining xp. Im approaching lv 7 and I have done literally jack shit with the story. Ive finished a handful of sidequests but thats it. The urges to press on with whatever you want to do instead of following the main path is uncanny. Havent felt like this since the PSone/64 days.

ok ok i know i know but he only said Tales of Symphonia. I mean come on..lol =)

if he had said "Tales Dawn" or something or Dawn of a New World I wouldve said ok then.

HadesGigas said:
He also only said "Fire Emblem". People should be able to figure it out and not be "douchey".

Ok ok Im the douchebag. Jeez. Next time I wont be so anal.

Ill say a prayer for you tonight RPGCrazied.

Neil

I just got my 5th character.... how far into the game am I at this point?

This game really is HUGE. So much to explore, so many quests... Love it.

x3r0123

Neil said:
I just got my 5th character.... how far into the game am I at this point?

This game really is HUGE. So much to explore, so many quests... Love it.

cant recall who is the fifth character. Mind if you say the name?

ok i'm trying to recall, if it was melia/riki then 2/5 in

Magnus

Just started. Does even the introductory 15 minutes need to be in spoilers? I will, just in case.

First 15 minutes:
Pretty brutal introduction, annoying characters, bland environment, etc. But then, right after that, what a change. Shulk/Reyn's interaction, story, environment, etc. are so much better.

Jesus christ is the music ever gorgeous.

I fucking feel like I'm playing a third Chrono game or something. Getting goosebumps.

Forgive the graphics-whore-ish comment here though, but what's up with these models and facial animations? I could swear FFX had nicer-looking shit going on here, and that game is practically a decade old.

Game desperately needs the option to reduce or altogether get rid of battle voices/cries. Battles are noisy as fuck, and I want to hear this glorious music.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I'm only 6 hours into Xenoblade (trying to slow down how quickly I beat my games), but I can already say this is the game I wish Final Fantasy XIII had been.

Magnus said:
Forgive the graphics-whore-ish comment here though, but what's up with these models and facial animations? I could swear FFX had nicer-looking shit going on here, and that game is practically a decade old.

Tradeoff for huge vistas?

Top Bottom