• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Leeness

I am waiting for Sunday to actually play mine, cause I don't have a Wii at the moment, haha.

I'm hoping for your copy to come soon, RPGCrazied! I hope everyone has some awesome celebratory GIFs for when that happens. We need like, an entire page of them.

Alright, my tv acts all weird when I try to play it. The picture isn't displayed correctly, even though the game itself works just fine. I've heard that this is because the PAL version plays at 50Hz instead of 60Hz (dunno what that means, honestly), but also that there's a way to force my Wii to output a 60Hz picture. Halp? ;_;

MYE

Kinda curious on the percentage of people playing this on emulators.

I've never heard so much Dolphin talk in an OT

Electivirus said:
Alright, my tv acts all weird when I try to play it. The picture isn't displayed correctly, even though the game itself works just fine. I've heard that this is because the PAL version plays at 50Hz instead of 60Hz (dunno what that means, honestly), but also that there's a way to force my Wii to output a 60Hz picture. Halp? ;_;

PAL version supports 60Hz

Ledsen

KarmaCow said:
I was messing around, trying look for good armour for my non-party members for cutscenes and unfortunately even the heavy armour has Sharla's tits and ass hanging out.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Why have I only been able to access 1 out of like 100 Heart-to-Hearts I've encountered throughout the story? Also, how do affinity points work?

wsippel

Banned
Electivirus said:
The game supports 480p, which is always 60Hz. You use component cables I assume? I believe there's a way to force 480i/ 60Hz in Gekko if you don't, but I don't really know. That should work. Other than that, PAL uses a bigger color space (more colors), but I don't think that's the issue.

MYE said:
Kinda curious on the percentage of people playing this on emulators.

I've never heard so much Dolphin talk in an OT

At the moment I'm just playing it on the console but I do have a PC that's capable of running the game on Dolphin, but I'd rather enjoy playing it on a bigger screen on my couch lol.

Sadist

So, for the people who completed it: I haven't yet, but I'm curious:

I'm grinding in the Machina Capital to defeat Gadolt in a second encounter. Want to reach lvl 70 and I'm 68 right. How far off from the end am I?

CruxisMana said:
My Sharla currently looks like some kind of PVC fetish prostitute.
Everyone's Sharla has her tits hanging out :p

Melia looks like a hippie though

wsippel

Banned
CruxisMana said:
My Sharla currently looks like some kind of leather fetish prostitute.
Wait until she wears plate armor. Even better: Melia in plate armor. Then again, Melia actually still looks cute even in plate armor. Ridiculous, but cute.

wsippel said:
The game supports 480p, which is always 60Hz. You use component cables I assume? I believe there's a way to force 480i/ 60Hz in Gekko if you don't, but I don't really know. That should work. Other than that, PAL uses a bigger color space (more colors), but I don't think that's the issue.

No component cables for me. I'm not very technologically inclined, you see. XP

Alright, I stopped the flickering, but now the picture is in black and white. :(

wsippel

Banned
Sadist said:
So, for the people who completed it: I haven't yet, but I'm curious:

I'm grinding in the Machina Capital to defeat Gadolt in a second encounter. Want to reach lvl 70 and I'm 68 right. How far off from the end am I?
All I'll say is this:
Egil is not the final boss. Not even close.

MatthewB92 said:
On hode refuge? I don't see them anywhere :(

Sorry. I just assumed they'd be there.

wsippel said:
Wait until she wears plate armor. Even better: Melia in plate armor. Then again, Melia actually still looks cute even in plate armor. Ridiculous, but cute.

I finally remembered to skill link Melia and Riki so that they can wear medium armour! Now they don't look like tribes people all the time.

MicH

I've been doing a lot of question lately and more seem to pop up every time. Some of them are a bit tedious. I have to find a Lake Drop and it's impossible :( WHERE IS IT I'VE SEARCHED THE ENTIRE LAKE :(

Also, as mentioned earlier, Satorl Marsh is absolutely stunning at night. And the music, oh god the music. So good! However, those god damn birds keep flying down and attacking me. Stop it, god dammit, stop it! :p

Fritz

MicH said:
I've been doing a lot of question lately and more seem to pop up every time. Some of them are a bit tedious. I have to find a Lake Drop and it's impossible :( WHERE IS IT I'VE SEARCHED THE ENTIRE LAKE :(

Also, as mentioned earlier, Satorl Marsh is absolutely stunning at night. And the music, oh god the music. So good! However, those god damn birds keep flying down and attacking me. Stop it, god dammit, stop it! :p

Somehow most of my scenic cut scenes have been during the night so far. So pretty!
kneecap especially

wsippel

Banned
CruxisMana said:
I finally remembered to skill link Melia and Riki so that they can wear medium armour! Now they don't look like tribes people all the time.
Link Sharla and Melia. Melia has an interesting skill that increases her ether defense when she wears heavy armor, which is usually the one area where plate is lacking. And she has that skill even though she can never learn the heavy armor skill herself - it's pretty obvious she's meant to wear plate. This game has it backwards compared to MMOs, as the magic users should use plate armor, while the best tank is better off wearing no armor at all.

Gambit

Electivirus said:
I've been at the title screen for a good 10 minutes now. Fucking gorgeous. ;___;

Atm, I cannot think of better title screen since Secret of Mana. It's that good.

MicH said:

That's where I've been just now. I feared a swamp area could never live up to the glory that was Gaur Plain, but lo and behold, did it ever. Come nightfall, it is a magical place and the music is incredible. But all these Lvl 82 enemies are scaring the crap out of me. But it's too pretty to switch to daytime.

I just arrived somewhere, where the lift didn't work and I had to climb up myself. It's such a fantastic feeling that in this game everything feels so authentic. Climbing up there, I thought that in most other games, FFXIII for example, this would be an admittedly gorgeous background, but I could not interact with it like I can here.

Xenoblade = instant classic (if it indeed keeps up this level)

PS: About party member number 4
I am now rocking a naked Dunban and it works, but I am curious why. What did taking off the clothes actually do? Does it still work, if I give him pants?

EDIT:
MYE said:
Fantastic. My Wii's GPU fried

Now i have flickering pixels all over the place.

My Wii is making frightening noises as well. I bought it at launch and I am very fearful now.

Any precautions I can take???

MYE

Gambit said:
My Wii is making frightening noises as well. I bought it at launch and I am very fearful now.

Any precautions I can take???

Turn off the Wii 24 connect or whatever its called.
That will lower the chances of overheating the system.

Shiggy

Electivirus said:
Hmm. The text is pretty tiny. Any way to fix that?

This:
magnifying-glass.jpg

Or a larger TV.

Vamphuntr

Had received the game last friday but started to play last night. The exploration is really amazing but they went crazy with sidequests. There are way too many of them. It seems every NPC gives multiples fetch quests. At least, most of them can be completed without having to go back to the quest giver. I like the fact that you can fast travel quickly to landmarks you discovered and that death has little to no penalty. Switched the VA to Japanese quickly as the English dub is truly dreadful. Made it to the Gaur plains before I stopped.

Spoilers
I love how they are handling the Monado vision thing during battle. You can actually see what will kill you and how you can prevent it

Well, you should at least know what aspect ratio your TV has. :p
But if it's a SDTV it's most likely a 4:3 TV. There's not a lot you can do, but many SDTV's have a 16:9 mode. You should try to find out if your TV has that and play it that way. That should solve the text problem.

Varion

And there goes the obligatory 'Can't turn back after this point!' warning, guess I'm up to the end now. L80. Time to make a new save file and go grinding crazy to finish off all the remaining sidequests, high level uniques, character affinities etc etc. No more plot for a few days makes me sad, but it's got to be done!

Varion said:
And there goes the obligatory 'Can't turn back after this point!' warning, guess I'm up to the end now. L80. Time to make a new save file and go grinding crazy to finish off all the remaining sidequests, high level uniques, character affinities etc etc. No more plot for a few days makes me sad, but it's got to be done!

You could always see the ending then go back and finish everything off?

Although saying that, you completing the game will probably mean more oh-so tempting end game spoiler bars that I'll want to highlight...

wsippel

Banned
Varion said:
Prison Island Cathedral?
Save, finish the fight, load, do the endgame, then finish it again. That's my suggestion. That's what I should have done.

bubnbob

Banned
Varion said:

When you beat it, you can save the clear on a separate file.

Carlisle

kiryogi said:
Checking in for TheHut orders. Mine has arrived as well!
Sweet. They say max 15 days, and that was two days ago. Tomorrow will be the 18th day since the "despatch" email for me, but I've got a FEELIN' about tomorrow!
I've been having the feelin' since last Friday though... :(

Top Bottom