• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Dascu

Starwolf_UK said:
For all the streamlining done does anyone else find it weird that for artes manual you have to open the menu, scroll to items they use them? Then again the shop side of things is the games weakness if you ask me (its a good thing shops are largely useless...except the manuals and that one armour with built-in
Haste V!
you can buy fairly late game).
Well, it's so you can sell those manuals again. Plus, the Advanced manuals are loot drops so you can have more than one of them. They have to be (sell-able) items for this to work. There should've been an option to immediately learn a purchased manual though, and also one to immediately equip purchased weaponry/armour.

PetrCobra

Ledsen said:
I'll post this little FAQ here again if anyone wants to add to it or link to it or whatever:

Less Obvious Things About Xenoblade aka The Stuff You May Have Missed FAQ

General
I would add to this section: if you need to come back to the person who gave you a quest you can see the closest landmark in the quest details

It's mail time at RPGCrazied's home. hope he gets it! Oh and i played last night. idk how many hours but i'm right in Gaur's Plain
Saving Juju against the mechon
soo good. the environment. so big.

DJ_Tet

Banned
damnit if this is Oos already I didnt have cash for it until today :(

F you NoA if I miss out on this game!!

edit: got an order in at Asda just in case the CE doesn't come back in stock, I'll still be happy as long as I can get a regular copy as I already have a classic controller.

My Shulk must have had his eyesight falter midway through the game because he's had those Ruby glasses since the
high entia tomb
, and he's still rocking them at lvl 75, are they actually that damn good? because I haven't noticed any head armour that tops them since even factoring the gems which seems odd.

Regarding clothing in monado visions cutscenes and flashbacks
I think the flashbacks keep note of what attire you were wearing at the time which is pretty neat, visions to the future always show the clothes you are currently wearing so even a change of clothes is altering the future!.

RPGCrazied said:
Nope. Not here today either. Why do I feel like I got scammed?
omg.jpg

man. you have the worst luck :\ sorry dude.

Sadist

About Colony 6:

Where is the reconstruction zone or whatever it's called: Can't find it :( Got a buttload of items collected for it

Hah, I don't believe it, after my last post about how long Shulk has had those Ruby glasses i've just now obtained MASTER GLASSES! time to retire my faithful ruby companions, and wear glasses so powerful that they are the master of all glasses, master sword has nothing on this.

Another quick thing I love about this game: the achievements reward you with XP/AP/SP! This is IMO a better achievement system than the PS360 stuff because in-game rewards are more meaningful than gamerscore or trophies. (maybe there are PS360 games with a similar system but I haven't played any)

TDLink

BanditKing said:
I love Dunban.

How Can I play as Dunban all the time?

I know he has to pass the torch and all.

He made me cry in the intro.

Don't forget that he says he'll catch up with you when he is feeling better.

Yes he joins the party permanently not too far into the game...and yes you can play as him the entire time after that if you so desire.

BORN IN A WORLD OF STRIFE...

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
AMD athlon II X6 1090T, 4GB, GTX460

It hiccups when i try to play it in dolphin, LLE has best audio quality but with hiccups, HLE, from the beginning it makes strange loop noises with echo, it eventually stops but it comes back constantly, seems to be mostly in cut-scenes, the battle intro didnt have this.

Buggy Loop said:
It hiccups when i try to play it in dolphin,
Now that you mention it. There can be extremely noticeable framdrops during battle when playing on Wii. I guess that's also not an issue when you're playing on a very capable PC?

Hiltz

Sadist said:
About Colony 6:

Where is the reconstruction zone or whatever it's called: Can't find it :( Got a buttload of items collected for it

It is in the Colony 6 map area of
Hope Farm.
You will see an npc standing next to the entrance.

RPGCrazied

Is it illegal to make a copy of the game that you own? I paid $50 for it, don't I own it? Course I don't have it yet, but who the fuck knows when I'm getting it.

Tailzo

I just finished it. Do we have a spoiler thread for the game?

Warning: Do NOT read the [spoiled] text below. Unless you've finished the game too.

The last five hours or so of the game was pretty bad. I actually started to skip cutscenes. I wanted to do it earlier, but I rarely do it in rpgs. Oh, you don't want to kill the guy responsible for killing your girlfriend, oh wait, I mean making her into a horrible human-robot? Everyone should live in peace, love & peace!

They just took that story element so far that I started to become really annoyed, until I could take it no more. I mean in Dragon Quest everyone is all happy. But they don't go on for several hours being emo and starting to doubt themselves and thinking they should not kill the #&/% that killed thousands of their people. I don't think even Final Fnatasy XIII annoyed me this much with Hope and the whole whining about being strong :(

Anyway, it just feels so much worse, since the first 20-25 hours of the game were really awesome.

Reveirg

Well, I just spent 1 HOUR running around talking to NPCs in
Alcamoth
, this place is HUGE, and
I love the fact that you have to wait so long to reach a real city after all the colonies/fields. This city has the same "wow factor" as when I arrived in the Empire Capital (FFXII), Esthar (FFVIII) or Shevat (Xenogears)

RPGCrazied said:
Is it illegal to make a copy of the game that you own? I paid $50 for it, don't I own it? Course I don't have it yet, but who the fuck knows when I'm getting it.
Yes, it is illegal and it's exactly why we have this stupid thread title. :p If you want to venture into the grayest of the gray area don't talk about it here.

Shiggy

RPGCrazied said:

Depends on your country's legislation. As far as I know, it is not illegal in Germany, as long as you do not circumvent any copy protection and as long as it is only for the case that your real copy is broken.
Outright saying that it's illegal is stupid when it really depends on the country you live in.

slaughterking said:
Yes, it is illegal and it's exactly why we have this stupid thread title. :p If you want to venture into the grayest of the gray area don't talk about it here.
RDurY.png

GAF-safe starts at about the 6th or 7th shade of gray.

I'm still waiting on my copy, BTW. Just chill out RPGCrazied. It will either get here or it won't. Life goes on.

RPGCrazied

UltimateIke said:
http://i.imgur.com/RDurY.png[IMG]

I'm still waiting on my copy, BTW. Just chill out RPGCrazied. It will either get here or it won't.[/QUOTE]

Have you been waiting almost 17 days? So its slow shipping, then how come many others from the US got their copy?

MechaX

RPGCrazied said:

There are various statutes/legislation for this depending on your state. The same as for whether the item is technically "yours" when you paid for it or if the seller still has responsibility (usually the former).

But unfortunately, the trick is that you usually have to make a copy of something that you actually have.

syoaran

So I just got to the village in
fallen arm

Roughly, how far along am I and
how much more time do I have to clear the old zones?

kinda silly that your "trapped" on the arm, but can fast travel anywhere

RPGCrazied said:
Have you been waiting almost 17 days? So its slow shipping, then how come many others from the US got their copy?
I have been waiting just as long as you. Both our copies shipped at the same time. Stuff gets misplaced. Wait the 20 days like Zavvi tells us to and, if we still don't have it, make them take care of it. If they won't, you can be sure I will contact my credit card company and deny payment of the charge.

RPGCrazied

UltimateIke said:
I have been waiting just as long as you. Both our copies shipped at the same time. Stuff gets misplaced. Wait the 20 days like Zavvi tells us to and if we don't have it, make them take care of it. If they won't, you can be sure I will contact my credit card company and deny payment of the charge.

Can you deny a charge that far back? Never done that before, plus my mom is the one that had to order it.

But yeah, I will definitely get my money back. 20 days will be next Monday. They actually want me to wait another 15days, from the last email, but I don't think so.

Hiltz

Any idea where npc named Emmy Leater is at? I can't find her at all for a Colony 9 quest. I read that she may be in the
Ether Mine
but I have searched it and didn't find any npc other than some merchants.

slaughterking said:
i thought it was okay? i think people were downloading a copy that weren't theirs even if they said they bought it which lead to thread title since we don't know exactly if they own it or not i guess.

Hiltz said:
Any idea where npc named Emmy Leater is at? I can't find her at all for a Colony 9 quest. I read that she may be in the
Ether Mine

she should be there during the day in the army district at the very back walking around.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Hiltz said:
Ether Mine

I'm not sure if she changes places during different quests, but normally she's in the upper part of the military district during the day.

Hiltz said:
Ether Mine
She's in the military district.

Top Bottom