• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

kenji

Finally came out in Italy, got my copy today and started it

I still have to fight against Gamestop for getting the posters :\

RPGCrazied said:
Also, anyone that thinks I need to wait around a month in total to get said game is a retard.
i wonder if someone should buy from zavvi again and see how fast they ship lol. i would LOL if they get theirs before you. someone from US preferably near your area should try!

DMPrince said:
i thought it was okay? i think people were downloading a copy that weren't theirs even if they said they bought it which lead to thread title since we don't know exactly if they own it or not i guess.
Well yeah, which is the case with RPGCrazied and anyone else actually. GAF doesn't want to encourage anyone to participate in the sharing process.

Zafir

I've waited for over a month for things from the US and Asia. So no, people aren't retarded for saying you should wait a month.

As for them making you wait another 15 days, they are only doing that because it is what is required of them by Royal Mail. You can't send a missing item claim until 25 days have passed at the earliest, because it is Royal Mail who pays for the lost item.

I had this problem once with Zavvi and Ridge Racer 3DS. I waited around a full month. The game did not arrive and I had to wait it out. I contacted them before, but no way to do anything. After that they started to trace the item (they make some kind of request to the mail). No option to refund. Two days later I had the game in the mail and cancelled the procedure. Shit takes time, deal with it.

RPGCrazied

You deal with it. You have your copy. I'm at the end of my rope. After 20 days, I'll have to fight it out with the bank and just not play it. No game is worth all this hassle, good or not.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
RPGCrazied said:
Also, anyone that thinks I need to wait around a month in total to get said game is a retard.
No, they wouldn't be a "retard," they'd be sensible and understanding of how long free shipping from overseas takes.

I've had to wait a month for games from Play-Asia constantly. That's what I get for paying $2 shipping. But I understand that.

You've been throwing a fit about this since the week it shipped. Seriously, it's coming. Just have a sliver of patience.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
this thread should be called: RPGCrazied Saga the wait for his Game..is one month too long to wait for a game?

RPGCrazied

Princess Skittles said:
No, they wouldn't be a "retard," they'd be sensible and understanding of how long free shipping from overseas takes.

Then how come many other people that ordered it from Zavvi have their copy? In less time too. Doesn't make a lick of sense. Someone in here got it from then in 9 days from them.

Lord Ghirahim said:
I would edit that before some high-functioning ones PM a mod.

If I get banned for that, then so be it. I'm just speaking my mind, if I can't do that, I will stop coming here.

Aeana

RPGCrazied said:
I'm sorry, but sometimes that's just how these things work. I import TONS of games, and have been dumb enough to use the cheapest shipping on occasion, and have had to wait way longer than you gave for some things. Final Fantasy 10-2 International took over a month to get to me. Lesson learned.

RPGCrazied said:
You deal with it. You have your copy. I'm at the end of my rope. After 20 days, I'll have to fight it out with the bank and just not play it. No game is worth all this hassle, good or not.
Please, please don't say things like that. It scares me. Yes, 20 days is a long time to wait, but in the end it's just a video game. One you didn't even pay for! It will come, you will play it, you will have the rest of your life to enjoy it.

slaughterking said:
GAF doesn't want to encourage anyone to participate in the sharing process.
As well they shouldn't.

x3r0123

RPGCrazied said:

patience my friend. Whenever you get this next month or tomorrow, the game is worth the wait

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
RPGCrazied said:
Then how come many other people that ordered it from Zavvi have their copy? In less time too. Doesn't make a lick of sense. Someone in here got it from then in 9 days from them.
Because postal service, especially that of the cheapest variety, doesn't operate on exact timetables.

Using my above example, I've gotten games from Play-Asia using the $2 shipping in just under two weeks. Sometimes it takes over a month. That's just how it is. If you wanted it in a certain time-frame, you should have paid for the shipping that indicated the time frame you desired. But, it's not cheap.

mjc

RPGCrazied said:

Just wait a few more days dude. You're gonna go through a lot of hassle to contest the charge and try to track it down in transit.

Reveirg

Just to get a general idea, and without spoiling any later areas, if I just got to
Alcamoth
, how far am I into the story?

Not that I'm looking forward to this great adventure ending.... I'd rather the game last a couple of weeks still =D

Reveirg said:
Just to get a general idea, and without spoiling any later areas, if I just got to
Alcamoth

Not that I'm looking forward to this great adventure ending.... I'd rather the game last a couple of weeks still =D

Mhmm. That's maybe 30-35% as a guestimate compared to where I am.

Zafir

RPGCrazied said:
We've already discussed this. There is numerous reasons for delays. Just because it shipped from the same place, or you live in the same area means absolutely nothing. If your copy happened to be chosen to be inspected, and other peoples didn't, then that alone will add a good delay. Also different areas have different sorting offices, especially with a country so large as the USA.

I'll say it again, I've had a wide variety of shipping times from things I've bought. I bought FInal Fantasy III from the US when it first released on DS. That took 4 days, I was absolutely amazed. On the other hand I've imported asian copies of games from Play-Asia and it's taken over a month to get here.

Labadal

RPGCrazied said:

Believe it or not, the game is worth it. Just wait it out. I know you're pissed off about this, and I can understand, but just be patient. I've ordered stuff from the US and it sometimes took a month for the item to arrive. I have also had games from zavvi and other European online stores take a long time. (30+ days on very rare occasions.)

Reveirg said:
Alcamoth

I'm just a little bit farther than you, and apparently I'm not even halfway through the story yet... and I've been playing for more than 60 hours now.

x3r0123

Reveirg said:
Alcamoth

30-35% in

SecretMoblin said:
Please, please don't say things like that. It scares me. Yes, 20 days is a long time to wait, but in the end it's just a video game. One you didn't even pay for! It will come, you will play it, you will have the rest of your life to enjoy it.

As well they shouldn't.

if this is true then there should be absolutley no pissing and moaning.

truly101 said:
I killed him, but theres an evil unique rabbit around colony 9 that will fuck you up.

I got one-shotted by some tiny little fish swimming around one of the beaches in Colony 9 that were level 70-something.

RPGCrazied said:

I think the vast majority of people who preordered from Zavvi/Asda got their copies just within the past couple of days.

Diablos54 said:
Really? I just finished around that area and am already on like 60 hours. It's good to know I've got quite a whole left to go! :D

According to the Japanese Wiki
Alcamoth
is zone 11 out of a total of

JumpingTheGun said:
if this is true then there should be absolutley no pissing and moaning.
It was a gift for him. I wouldn't be happy if the game arrived later than I expected, either, but I've imported several times before and was fully prepared to wait as much as a month for it to arrive.

Game question, for those later in the game:
Is there somewhere I can find out where to unlock the extra skill trees? Do they all require high levels or late-game stuff? And do I need to complete my current three skill trees to be able to start leveling up the skills in the fourth?

Mojojo

syoaran said:
So I just got to the village in
fallen arm

Roughly, how far along am I and
how much more time do I have to clear the old zones?

kinda silly that your "trapped" on the arm, but can fast travel anywhere

You have time for most I guess, I am inside the
Mechonis, in the upper upper part ;)
and I still do quests in other areas...
though obviously you can't get stuff given by the
town leaders, I think they are already gone to war at your point in the story.. Like getting the emperor's staff from kelian when speaking to him a second time

chaostrophy said:
I got one-shotted by some tiny little fish swimming around one of the beaches in Colony 9 that were level 70-something.

I think the vast majority of people who preordered from Zavvi/Asda got their copies just within the past couple of days.
yeah i was there killing some colony krabbles and they came at me. likely they can't get out of the waters so i ran and let my people die lol.

Ledsen

RPGCrazied said:
Is it illegal to make a copy of the game that you own? I paid $50 for it, don't I own it? Course I don't have it yet, but who the fuck knows when I'm getting it.
It's a victimless crime, it's up to you how you feel about it. Just don't say anything about it in this thread.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
SecretMoblin said:
It was a gift for him. I wouldn't be happy if the game arrived later than I expected, either, but I've imported several times before and was fully prepared to wait as much as a month for it to arrive.

Game question, for those later in the game:
Is there somewhere I can find out where to unlock the extra skill trees? Do they all require high levels or late-game stuff? And do I need to complete my current three skill trees to be able to start leveling up the skills in the fourth?

You're given them after doing certain quests, so the best way to make sure you get them is by doing all the quests! In fact I think one of the quests for Shulk only appears after you've done a certain quest and gotten four stars in Colony 9, so you really do have to do a lot of quests to make sure you can get them.

Once you get the new tree, you can switch between it and any of the others at any time.

Lissar said:
You're given them after doing certain quests, so the best way to make sure you get them is by doing all the quests! In fact I think one of the quests for Shulk only appears after you've done a certain quest and gotten four stars in Colony 9, so you really do have to do a lot of quests to make sure you can get them.

Once you get the new tree, you can switch between it and any of the others at any time.
Thanks!

Major plot spoiler

Whoa,
Fiora's alive after all, and is in cahoots with Metal Face
? Crazy...can't wait to see how this happened.

@ Valak Mtn. now, ~22 hours in.

Antagon

Chuck said:
Whoa,
Fiora's alive after all, and is in cahoots with Metal Face
? Crazy...can't wait to see how this happened.

@ Valak Mtn. now, ~22 hours in.

Spoiler that whole first sentence man. Also, 22 hours? I'm just after that I'm over 50 :/

Coming into this thread everyday to catch up on RPGCrazied's truly riveting tale. I might honestly jump with joy when he gets his game. A mod should change the thread title and he should get a tag.

Top Bottom