• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Dizzy-4U

BanditKing said:
There's over 450 sidequests.
What the hell???? NNNNNGGGGGHHHHH.

Can you miss them if you progress into the story too much? (I don't have the game yet. Just precaution. Zodiac Spear left a scar on me.)

Dizzy-4U said:
Can you miss them if you progress into the story too much? (I don't have the game yet. Just precaution. Zodiac Spear left a scar on me.)

Yes, but the game warns you before it happens so you can stop to do them.

Dizzy-4U said:
What the hell???? NNNNNGGGGGHHHHH.

Certain quests are timed, but there's generally a very clear indication of when those quests will not be able to be finished.

As far as I know, there's nothing as inane as the Zodiac Spear nonsense.

Dizzy-4U

CruxisMana said:
Yes, but the game warns you before it happens so you can stop to do them.
SecretMoblin said:
Certain quests are timed, but there's generally a very clear indication of when those quests will not be able to be finished.

As far as I know, there's nothing as inane as the Zodiac Spear nonsense.
Ah ok, that's good to know. I hate to miss stuff in rpgs. Specially when they are 90+ hours long.

Jucksalbe

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
You deal with it. You have your copy. I'm at the end of my rope. After 20 days, I'll have to fight it out with the bank and just not play it. No game is worth all this hassle, good or not.

I'm waiting exactly the same time as you for my copy of AH3 from Zavvi (and that's within Europe), but do you see me spamming that thread? I really think you're overreacting.

x3r0123

Diablos54 said:
Really? I just finished around that area and am already on like 60 hours. It's good to know I've got quite a whole left to go! :D

if you are doing all the side quests and exploring then its normal to have that amount

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Jucksalbe said:
I'm waiting exactly the same time as you for my copy of AH3 from Zavvi (and that's within Europe), but do you see me spamming that thread? I really think you're overreacting.

Well, I think he's around 9 years old, so it's not really overreacting.

Threi

notag
chaostrophy said:
I got one-shotted by some tiny little fish swimming around one of the beaches in Colony 9 that were level 70-something.
That fucking fish...because of it i mash on L/R everytime i swim.

matmanx1

Man this game is WAY too addictive. 4+ hours spent on it already today and I had to force myself to turn it off so I can actually go do something productive on my off day. Xenoblade, why must you be so compelling?

waytofailself

Neo Member
ASDA shipped mine on the 15th. Still nothing, so no you're not the only one who's in a wait. Still have only heard of one person on any site getting the game from ASDA in America.

I've been lucky that one of my friends had to go out of town on business (to Korea) and left my unemployed butt his copy of the game this week (he picked it up in England while also on business -- I guess if I had known I would have just had him pick me up a copy too). Of course, I was hoping I would have my copy by now because he's coming back in on Sunday.

Oh well, at least I've gotten to play it some. That tempers the blow a bit.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Is there any skill for improving your chances to get rare collectables? I ran around for four hours to get 2 Ice Cabbages and still only have one. Trading doesn't seem to be an option in this case.

waytofailself said:
ASDA shipped mine on the 15th. Still nothing, so no you're not the only one who's in a wait. Still have only heard of one person on any site getting the game from ASDA in America.

I've been lucky that one of my friends had to go out of town on business (to Korea) and left my unemployed butt his copy of the game this week (he picked it up in England while also on business -- I guess if I had known I would have just had him pick me up a copy too). Of course, I was hoping I would have my copy by now because he's coming back in on Sunday.

Oh well, at least I've gotten to play it some. That tempers the blow a bit.
i think 3 including me that got it from ASDA and we are from the state (maybe one from canadia)

aceface

Sometimes stuff shipped from overseas takes forever. It can get held up in customs or who knows what else. It probably is not the companies fault, they probably shipped it but it fell behind some big boxes in a customs warehouse. Once a friend of mine sent a package from the UK and it took 2 months to arrive when they said the estimated ship time was 2 weeks.

SleazyC

So I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong but I am pretty early in the game (Tephra Cave) and I die just about every other mob I pull. I'm trying to break enemies and get behind them to attack with the arts that inflict more damage from behind but I'm finding that my party members just go down way to fast. Any tips?

SleazyC said:
So I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong but I am pretty early in the game (Tephra Cave) and I die just about every other mob I pull. I'm trying to break enemies and get behind them to attack with the arts that inflict more damage from behind but I'm finding that my party members just go down way to fast. Any tips?
Stay around town and do some more quests, grind a little bit if you need to, don't forget about chain attacks, make sure aggro is directed at Reyn (through Shadow Eye, if you're controlling Shulk), level up your arts, make sure to equip your best armor/weapons, look at the skills you're leveling up and make sure they are appropriate.

Alrus

RPGCrazied said:
Also, anyone that thinks I need to wait around a month in total to get said game is a retard.

You're such a fucking drama queen. I had to wait longer for games I paid shipping fees for.

CoolS

MoogPaul said:
WORST SPOILERING EVER. Thanks asshole.
Anyone who's played more than like 5 hours of the game is going to know exactly what you're talking about.
I have to agree with you. Worst spoiler ever. Thanks a lot dude!

wazoo

matmanx1 said:
Man this game is WAY too addictive. 4+ hours spent on it already today and I had to force myself to turn it off so I can actually go do something productive on my off day. Xenoblade, why must you be so compelling?

I am 37h in. You have seen nothing.

Sadist

Needs moar pic

jIeGj.png

Im enjoying staring at Fiora's ass in that bikini outfit far too much as she runs through the grass on Colony 9. The British accent doesn't help either.

I really need to get laid.

Threi said:
That fucking fish...because of it i mash on L/R everytime i swim.

/signed

I also got one shot by a big black bird that was hanging out by anti-air gun 3. I was on a whole, "Yeah! I'm fucking killing everything!" - phase...it managed to make me pay greater attention to the level of the monsters just "hanging out" at times.

Which reminds me.

"Named" monsters...if they are level X...what level do I need to be at to beat them? Level X+2...X+3?

JumpingTheGun said:
Im enjoying staring at Fiora's ass in that bikini outfit far too much as she runs through the grass on Colony 9. The British accent doesn't help either.

I really need to get laid.

Fiora is far less complicated than the real thing, sir.

Go_Ly_Dow

Median said:
Just fixin' that for ya.

Thank ye!

Just over 50 hours clocked and I still feel like I have so much to see!

Probably only tackled 1/4 of the quests if the 450+ amount is accurate.

I also need to go back to many of the older locations and 100% the maps.

Antagon

bigdaddygamebot said:
/signed

Which reminds me.

"Named" monsters...if they are level X...what level do I need to be at to beat them? Level X+2...X+3?

Same level or a couple lower is doable when you've got a full party.

For those that are affraid of high lvl monsters: Check out your options. You can turn on a monster icon that shows how the monsters level relates to you (ie red: stay away) and if/how it aggros.

Go_Ly_Dow

bigdaddygamebot said:
/signed
Which reminds me.

The obvious:

-flank it from behind and use back slash to start with

-go in to the battle with a full chain attack bar and use it at the correct moment when the battle is going against you

-do your best to topple it, and if successful follow up with the yellow daze attack to knock it out for an even longer period of time (easy to accomplish using a chain attack)

-if there are other monsters near it then try to fight it alone

-use the lure function to see if you can get it to attack you alone

-don't leave healing too late since it takes a while for another to load up

Fritz

This game, i cant believe it!

I am level 23 now and should enter Colony 6
via the Aether Mine

I hate
dungeons
so I decided to go back and do some quests and some exploring. What I've found is so fucking amazing
The Dakshu Shrine on Gaur Plain (sorry btw if there is any confusion about names: I am playing the German version and am to lazy to look up all the English names). So awesome following the old street up there, entering the ruins and then suddenly that huge ass spider comes crawling up that bottomless pit. I ran but turned around as soon as it stopped following me. I sneaked around the ruins into that cave and reached that amazing view point.Also that huge area before you enter the way to Colony 6 where you fight that funny face mechon. Windy Heights or something? I wandered around and somehow got down the cliffs at the edge of what is Bionis' leg. Those two blue dragons/birds and then the small plain with all the turkey creatures, and the waterfall etc etc.. So fucking rewarding. I am sure you can somehow climb those massive rock bridges on Gaur Plain, just haven't figured out how.
This game brings back sensations I have missed since A Link to the Past.

RPGCrazied said:
Also, anyone that thinks I need to wait around a month in total to get said game is a retard.
Not much consolation to you at this point, but I import every non-digital download game I buy. I have to.

I've had games take maybe 2 months or so (extreme cases) to arrive. I'd say the average time is about 3 -4 weeks (I tend to order from HMV). On this occasion, it only took a week. It varies.

M_Night said:
The obvious:

-flank it from behind and use back slash to start with

-go in to the battle with a full chain attack bar and use it at the correct moment when the battle is going against you

-do your best to topple it, and if successful follow up with the yellow daze attack to knock it out for an even longer period of time (easy to accomplish using a chain attack)

-if there are other monsters near it then try to fight it alone

-use the lure function to see if you can get it to attack you alone

-don't leave healing too late since it takes a while for another to load up

yeah...I got all that. :)

I'm really enjoying all the mechanics that can be applied to a fight that is tough.

I beat the big, named "slug" with Shulk and Reyn at level 10. Not really an issue but I believe it was level 5 or level 6?

I was just curious what an optimal level comparison might be?

Also...I didn't get it from this thread at first but I find myself thinking the only thing this game is missing is a list of all the monsters encountered/fought.

Fritz said:
This game, i cant believe it!

I am level 23 now and should enter Colony 6
via the Aether Mine

I hate
dungeons
so I decided to go back and do some quests and some exploring. What I've found is so fucking amazing
The Dakshu Shrine on Gaur Plain (sorry btw if there is any confusion about names: I am playing the German version and am to lazy to look up all the English names). So awesome following the old street up there, entering the ruins and then suddenly that huge ass spider comes crawling up that bottomless pit. I ran but turned around as soon as it stopped following me. I sneaked around the ruins into that cave and reached that amazing view point.Also that huge area before you enter the way to Colony 6 where you fight that funny face mechon. Windy Heights or something? I wandered around and somehow got down the cliffs at the edge of what is Bionis' leg. Those two blue dragons/birds and then the small plain with all the turkey creatures, and the waterfall etc etc.. So fucking rewarding. I am sure you can somehow climb those massive rock bridges on Gaur Plain, just haven't figured out how.
This game brings back sensations I have missed since A Link to the Past.
Ja, dieses Spiel ist ausgezeichnet.

Top Bottom