• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

daakusedo

wsippel said:
And then there's all the optional stuff. Lots of which is incredibly subtle and deep. Nopons are cute and fluffy? Well, they probably are, but it's all facade. And that's not my personal interpretation, it's a fact. The game tells you as much, and shows you what's going on, if you really want to know. The whole High Entia issue? Same thing. There's a plot point seemingly going nowhere, but that's wrong. It gets resolved if you want to resolve it.

Are you talking about Baan for the nopons and the fact that you can progress after alcamoth disaster for high entia ruins?

RPGCrazied said:
I'm probably more worried than you. When was yours shipped out? A couple people got theirs from Zavvi, but I'm on day 17. I hope and pray I never have to import a game again. If I do it wont be Zavvi, or anyone that does free shipping.
It was dispatched August 15. The email gave an estimated delivery time of 10-15 days.

wsippel

Banned
daakusedo said:
Are you talking about Baan for the nopons and the fact that you can progress after alcamoth disaster for high entia ruins?
No.
It's part of what I'm talking about in the first case, and in the second case... lets start with the Tyrea side quest, key? Endgame, Colony 6, western exit.

RPGCrazied said:
I'm probably more worried than you. When was yours shipped out? A couple people got theirs from Zavvi, but I'm on day 17. I hope and pray I never have to import a game again. If I do it wont be Zavvi, or anyone that does free shipping.

Jesus...you're pretty dramatic.

Buck up, sir.

RPGCrazied

nincompoop said:
It was dispatched August 15. The email gave an estimated delivery time of 10-15 days.

Yep. Got that as well. But many people in here say it could take up to a month. The last email I got from them told me to wait another 15days before they can claim it lost.

exhume

Whooo, skipped class yesterday to play this all evening. :D I'm currently level 18.

Just a quick little question, and sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere but the thread is gigantic, is there anything important or cool that can be permanently missed or is on a time limit? If so, is it in real-time count? Thanks guys :)

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
RPGCrazied said:
Happened more than a couple of times to me where I had to wait 30+ days for an item shipped by Zavvi: Spinal
Tap bluray once, Ace Combat 6 another time, 42 days to get Uncharted and 20days to get KZ3. So you're still way below that. If you go over at the gaf's cheaparse thread you'll see that plenty of people reached the two months timeframe, and we're all in EU.
So yeah, cross you fingers. I just don't understand why you went with Zavvi if you wanted the game quickly, you should've gone with ncsx or at the very least GAME. I only order with Zavvi/The Hut when I don't care about when I'll get to play the game and just want it dirty cheap. Same with Play Asia, with the $3 shipping I usually know I'll probably have wait two to four weeks to get my hands on my stuff.

x3r0123

nincompoop said:

whenever i import, i usually take days as working days and it does accurately estimate when i receive something. However, there are times where other factors delays the shipment like customs, item lost, etc

bodine1231

What are the best Arts to use for the 7th character? I just got this person and need to level their abilities up but have no idea what the good ones are. Also should I be focusing on Either or Strength with this person?

aktham said:
I have faith. I still have a lot of other wii games to get through (not to mention Loz:SS) I want to buy the game and support it when it's released locally.
Disaster: Day of Crisis, Another Code: R, Last Window, etc.

Face it, it's not coming.

KarmaCow

Spoilers for after you get the 7th party member
So I finally got Fiora and I'm kinda disappointed that she couldn't equip her old weapons. The fact you get ones of the same name as part of another quest kinda makes up for it though.

And wow, she does a lot of damage. Speed Shift+Haste Gems+Double Attack Gems is ridiculous. That setup kinda backfired on the unique mechon at the bottom of Mechon Field though, heh. Also noticed in her 4th skill three there is a skill that makes all double attacks automatic crits, so I can't wait for that.

Anabuhabkuss said:
i have absolutely no idea why i just read this.

*sigh*

Honestly, that's a pretty tame spoiler compared to some other stuff.

Kaizer

Banned
Quick question guys: What should I be doing in general with all the items I receive from monsters. At this point, I've got dozens of little spear things for Reyn, various amounts of gear, materials, etc. Should I be selling any of this stuff? I'm honestly sorta dumbfounded by the amount of stuff.

KarmaCow

Kaizer said:
Quick question guys: What should I be doing in general with all the items I receive from monsters. At this point, I've got dozens of little spear things for Reyn, various amounts of gear, materials, etc. Should I be selling any of this stuff? I'm honestly sorta dumbfounded by the amount of stuff.

Keep as many materials and collectables as you can, sell the least valuable stuff if you need it free up space. They tend to pop up later for quests so if you have them already it cuts down on the tedium.

Not sure if you've encountered it yet but sometimes you'll get a vision when you pick up items letting you know it'll be used in a quest later. Those items will be marked with a blue exclamation mark and ones with a red exclamation mark are ones that are needed for quest you have at the moment. I don't think it will always tell you if the item you have is needed for a future quest so I keep as much as I can just in case.

The other stuff you can sell, though I tend to keep armour/weapons that look cool until I find something that looks better. Also I if have only one item of that type after since my last unload of items, I keep it as well because it might not be possible to get again.

M-PG71C

RPGCrazied said:
Yep. Got that as well. But many people in here say it could take up to a month. The last email I got from them told me to wait another 15days before they can claim it lost.

I've ordered from Zavvi before, actually not too long ago. I imported Another Code R and Diaster: Day of Crisis and both took about a good month to get here.

ASDA is a bit faster even despite the fact its free shipping. Credit card statement stated it was charged August 13th, it arrived August 31st. So about eighteen days or so.

Zavvi is not bad but there are better retailers to import from in what I've learned in the last few months. But, when you pick free shipping, it is what you paid for.

If its not here by day 30, then I would start worrying.

Anyway, I decided to say fuck it and play it. I made it to Colony 9 so not very far at all but damn does it have the best damn opening for an RPG, ever. I would say only Panzer Dragoon Saga could compete with it.

nincompoop said:
Has anyone else who preordered from Zavvi not gotten theirs yet? I'm starting to get a little worried :/

Nope :(

My copy was shipped on the 15th of Aug. To make things worse, my copy of Shadows of the Damned that was shipped Aug 1st hasn't arrived either :cry

I live in Australia btw.

Diablos54

Quest help at the
Eryth Sea
needed!!

1:
Tempestuous Edegia on Hovering Reef 10. Supposed to be there at night but no matter what I do he doen't show up...
2:
The same goers for Peeling Kircheis at Reef 7.

Ok three questions:
where's lukas and where is the best spot to find hand bunnits? also, the broken watch can be fixed in weapons lab? I havent even gotten the monado yet and im at lv10 with a hot fiora

Sennorin

Banned
You know, simply writing "Spoilers for after you get the 7th party member" is a spoiler in itself. I expected there to be only a 6th party member remaining, judging from the harmony-graphic. I´m not whining now, but still...careful with spoilers :p

Varion

Diablos54 said:
Quest help at the
Eryth Sea
needed!!

1:
Tempestuous Edegia on Hovering Reef 10. Supposed to be there at night but no matter what I do he doen't show up...
2:
The same goers for Peeling Kircheis at Reef 7.
1. Go stand by the western of the three warp points on that island at night and face the middle of the island. Should be flying in circles.
2. Daytime, centre of the island.

Let me in

I'm at level 41 and just figured out you can level up the Monado's arts :O
Only because the game told me they can now be raised to lvl X with the Monado II

Sennorin

Banned
Let me in said:
Only because the game told me they can now be raised to lvl X with the Monado II

FUCK, I already forgot about that again :D Haven´t upgrade any of them yet. Maybe that´s why they´re rather weak, lol.

Let me in said:

lol, I'd really want to see what a level 1 attack can do against level 40 enemies

im still trying to learn gemcrafting anywho...I actually thought that clicking "speed up" would increase the results, so I kept clicking like mad pretending I was being good at it

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Tried substituting
Sharla for Melia
, and then controlling her instead of Shulk. The third person was
Dunban

Holy crap. Got surrounded by numerous level 40s monsters, one of them was unique, while my characters were still around level 37-38.

Wouldn't be able to survive that if not for
Melia
. In fact, she was the only one left standing in the final moments of the battle and the one who shot the last strike to fell the last monster!

Seriously contemplating controlling her for the rest of the game. Waaayyyyy more lethal and effective than to let her controlled by the AI.

matmanx1

Well 5 and a half hours in one day on Xenoblade ought to be testament to how I feel about the game so far. Do you know the last time I spent 5 and half hours on one game in one day? I don't even remember because it's been so long.

Most of my gaming these days is in short bursts for 30 minutes or an hour to play my PSP or play some DW: Gundam 3 missions. For me, Xenoblade is like going back to my teen and college years when I regularly found games that I could play all day on. The only difference now is I'm far more jaded and it takes far more to impress me than it used to. And so far, Xenoblade is really impressing me.

153:18, finally got every advanced skill books.

I'm also boosting the final affinities in my team, everyone is at the Heart level between each other, except 2 links that are blue. I've found a way to grind this very quickly!
Warning first, you need to be really high level so that you don't have any problem dealing with a late 80 unique :
at Eryth Sea, go south to the Kromar territory, there is a boss at the end accompanied by two normal enemies. Kill the two enemies (or leave only one so that you can target him and not the boss to evade the aura) and then let the two other people on your team go after the boss. He has a nice aura that puts to sleep anyone that hits him, so stay where you won't auto-attack him and spam the B (on wiimote) button. You'll get two hearts each time, making it pretty quick to reach the Heart level. Just save and reload after to make him repop.

Reveirg

matmanx1 said:
Most of my gaming these days is in short bursts for 30 minutes or an hour to play my PSP or play some DW: Gundam 3 missions. For me, Xenoblade is like going back to my teen and college years when I regularly found games that I could play all day on. The only difference now is I'm far more jaded and it takes far more to impress me than it used to. And so far, Xenoblade is really impressing me.

This, x1000. Granted, I do spend around 2-3 hours at a time with modern games when I have days off, but I get tired after those few hours.

With Xenoblade, I've spent whole days playing the game... as I would in the days of FFVII to XI, Shadow Hearts, etc.

LProtag

We got a new generator after the one we borrowed broke, and this one runs all day. So I decided to just plug the TV and the Wii into it and ended up playing a good 5 hours or so today.

Playing video games after almost a week without power felt soo good.

It'd be even nicer if the power came back, but they estimate 2 more days at least.

Let me in

By the way, is there a list somewhere of where I can buy everyone's level 5-8 skill books? My characters are all over the place with some skills upgraded, some not. Some characters with nothing upgraded etc.

KarmaCow

Sennorin said:
You know, simply writing "Spoilers for after you get the 7th party member" is a spoiler in itself. I expected there to be only a 6th party member remaining, judging from the harmony-graphic. I´m not whining now, but still...careful with spoilers :p

It's obvious there are 7 party members for many reasons. The menus clearly have more room, like the one where you can select your party members or the skill link menu. The harmony graphic also has room, especially when you have 6 party members.

The most obvious one is the all the not available Heart to Hearts.

There are actually many hints to who the party member is too but that's another story.

KarmaCow said:
There are actually many hints to who the party member is too but that's another story.

I could be wrong since I haven't gotten to that point yet, but I suspect you just spoiled
that it's a returning character by saying that.

So I'm lvl 46 and I haven't even entered
Prison Island.
The last boss I was over leveled for....... I want to do more of the story but I don't want to miss a quest so I just do all the ones I can. I have done well over 180 quests I think.

Let me in

KarmaCow said:
It's obvious there are 7 party members for many reasons. The menus clearly have more room, like the one where you can select your party members or the skill link menu. The harmony graphic also has room, especially when you have 6 party members.

The most obvious one is the all the not available Heart to Hearts.

I'm surprised
they were so sloppy with that affinity graphic.

The game
practically spoils it for you.
For example:
Why would Fiora still be listed in the tutorial menu in such a detailed way if she were not coming back? I figured it out in the first few hours because of that.

That's it, I'm out of this thread until I finish the game. You guys just ruined a huge plot twist for me. I didn't need to highlight any of your post, you made it quite clear what the deal was.

Fucking cover your entire post when talking about stuff like that, god dammit.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Let me in said:
I'm surprised they were so sloppy with that affinity graphic. It's like they wanted you to know.

The game practically spoils it for you. For example:
Why would Fiora still be listed in the tutorial menu in such a detailed way if she were not coming back? I figured it out in the first few hours because of that.

I think I had seen some screenshots with
mystery character
in a place where
mystery character shouldn't be
thats why early events were even more surprising.

KarmaCow

xtrasauce said:
I could be wrong since I haven't gotten to that point yet, but I suspect you just spoiled

I don't know how you got that from what I said.

KarmaCow said:
I don't know how you got that from what I said.

How can there be hints as to who the next party member is if it's not a character that has already been introduced?

Anyway, I'll refer you to my previous post. I didn't need to highlight anything you guys said, just read your little conversation and easily figured out a huge plot twist.

This is my impression of you guys:

"OMG, I can't believe Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's
father
"

KarmaCow

xtrasauce said:
How can there be hints as to who the next party member is if it's not a character that has already been introduced?

Anyway, I'll refer you to my previous post. I didn't need to highlight anything you guys said, just read your little conversation and easily figured out a huge plot twist.

father
"

...but there are a bunch of established characters in the game. Not all of them become party members.

But fine. I'm sorry if you think I spoiled it for you and I'll spoiler it now just incase.

Varion

InternHertz said:
Useful tip for grinding hearts
Cheers, guess I'll be giving this a go tomorrow. Easier than trying to get some of the best presents (especially when one character doesn't seem to have any +3 ones at all).

Let me in

xtrasauce said:

father
"
I improved the tagging on my post as well, but I think our point was that
for anyone that even DARED to traverse the tutorial menu, it's strongly hinted that there's an extra party member somewhere and WHO it is. Who gives a character a full pictorial introduction that's only appearing for the first hour of the game? Common sense. Naivete would only lead you to believe otherwise. Even armed with that information, I was still surprised later on.

TheExodu5

Banned
xtrasauce said:

It's already been spoiled many times for me in this thread. People are inexplicably careless and insensitive to these things.

As for what was spoiled:
It's been both repeated several times that Fiora is a party member, and screenshots have been posted of late game gear on her...so...

MatthewB92 said:
So I'm lvl 46 and I haven't even entered
Prison Island.
The last boss I was over leveled for....... I want to do more of the story but I don't want to miss a quest so I just do all the ones I can. I have done well over 180 quests I think.

180!?

You still have 270 side quests left to do!

Ledsen

xtrasauce said:

father
"

Yep, it's really getting on my nerves. People have no idea how to spoiler stuff in this thread. Just write: SPOILER about area with lvl X enemies or whatever, otherwise only people who have finished the game will read your post, then SPOILER THE WHOLE REST OF YOUR POST. Don't write a whole god damn sentence and then spoiler half of it when it's really obvious what's behind that spoiler bar. And don't ASSUME that something is "obvious" or "spoiled by the game itself", everyone may not have noticed it and would've been happier for it. I'm pretty sure I've also figured out the huge spoiler you're talking about, although I think people have been spoiling it even before this. Sigh...

I ordered from Game's website on 8-20.

Have yet to receive it, and there is no tracking information on Game's site! All it says is "Shipped". Really helpful :\

ARGH!

How can stuff be shipped without tracking numbers these days?

I'm in the US BTW.

Well I read the spoiler here that Fiora dies and now I've read the spoiler that she comes back. Damn, I need to stop reading spoilers as those are pretty cool twists. But to be honest I had an idea something was up with her death as on the website she is in the party picture with everyone.

Top Bottom