• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Keasar said:
I cant find the Xenoblade OST on the Nintendo UK page, do I have to register it first on their page to get it? Do I need to start saving up Stars because as from I see, the Super Mario Galaxy soundtrack costs 4800 Stars (though that probably is because it is the physical form of it)?

You need to create a Club Nintendo account and then register the game.

After that a link to download the soundtrack appears in the Treasure's menu of your account.

CoolS said:
I thought Juju is Sharla's brother??

:lol

YES! Not quite sure where the gender mix-up came from.

And just out of interest, what level are your characters?

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Schlomo said:
Apparently you haven't met Riki yet. ;)

Except Riki is totally awesome? Sure he looks like the stereotypical annoying fluffy character in any JRPG game, but he's really
a 40 year old father who actually gives some pretty sage advice on occasion.

CoolS

CruxisMana said:
:lol

YES! Not quite sure where the gender mix-up came from.

And just out of interest, what level are your characters?

After defeating that boss, all of them are now on level 19/20. So far I think I am always slighty overleveled but not enough to make the fights easy. Exactly how I like them. I keep forgetting to activate the Monado aura attack against Mechons though and only Shulk does damage then ^^

What level are your guys on?

Peff

CoolS said:
After defeating that boss, all of them are now on level 19/20. So far I think I am always slighty overleveled but not enough to make the fights easy.

Heh, I'm before that fight and I'm level 23... quests are too addictive! Really nice that you get huge XP bonuses for your trouble.

I don't know if there's an appropriate thread for this but I got a Club Nintendo code with the game that I have no use for living in Sweden. So, someone just take it...

DNEQU469V3PO30W9

Just played the first three hours or so and am not exaggerating when I say I'm completely blown away so far. Can find very little, of anything, to fault at this early stage. Hoping this level of quality keeps up throughout the entire game.

Varion

Peff said:
Heh, I'm before that fight and I'm level 23... quests are too addictive! Really nice that you get huge XP bonuses for your trouble.
Quests really are scarily addictive. It kind of sucks because I'm massively overlevelled as a result of trying to fill out the encyclopedia and do every quest I can find. Beat the boss everyone's talking about in the plains, haven't moved on... but I'm L25 already. By the time I even arrived in the plains most of the enemies there were the black 'too low level for you' with the odd blue one. Wish you could up the difficulty or something, I don't want to start skipping content because I enjoy finding it but almost everything is really easy at this point.

Sadist

Okay, someone help me out. How does topple work on a mechon?

I'm fighting that Level 10 Mechon with the face and I just can't seem to topple damage it. I'm lost :(

bubnbob

Banned
Sadist said:

I'm fighting that Level 10 Mechon with the face and I just can't seem to topple damage it. I'm lost :(

You need to cast "Break" on it - use Splash Edge if Shulk has it. Then have Reyn cast Wild Down to Topple it. Break wears off relatively quickly (can be upgraded through Arts menu), so you have to be quick. You can also perform a Chain Attack if available, then calmly set up your Topple.

This thread and that Edge review have convinced me. If NoA doesn't announce it by the time I'm done with the deluge of games that are coming in November, I'll import it.

This sounds like everything I want and more. I can't wait.

CoolS

Zafir said:
Ye-ouch, unique monsters are nasty. A caterpillar just owned me...

I know that one ^^

Before, i was exploring and minding my own business. Then there, a red orb. Collected it and suddenly a huge Level 32 spider came out of nowhere and attacked me. I made a run for it and luckily got away!

Sadist said:

I had the same problem. Using a Chain Attack to topple him is a requirement of the battle, so the bar fills quickly. Use Splash Edge and Wild Down to topple him then
the battle should automatically end.

LiK

Zafir said:
Yeah that it was linked before.

I tried contacting GAME, but it got absolutely no where. They just repeated the same message of it only being in-store.
Ah ok, I think I'll shoot GAME a quick email after I get the game just for the hell of it.

Zwei

LiK said:

and taken from that link:

"If you previously placed an online pre-order to get these posters sent with your copy of the pre-order bundle, please get in contact with Game or Gamestation using the links."

They're not gonna give anything but a trite response. And some reps simply don't know what the hell you're talking about.

green_focus

small heart attack this morning. Went to check the status of my order with 365games.co.uk and in the order status saw "processing refund". Sent them an email to find out what's going on and reiterate my desire to purchase this game. Now waiting for a response.

Very confusing as I got an email from them earlier this week letting me know that I was in North America but purchasing a PAL game and that they were giving me till the end of the week to respond or they would ship the game out on the 22nd.

So...if 365games falls through, what other sites do other gaffers recommend to purchase the game from?

Phenomic

Well mailman just delivered and no Xenoblade from GAME.

They do run on Saturdays, but I'm not expecting to see it until next week sometime. Sorry friends! Maybe someone will have some luck today in America, but I'm pretty close to the Atlantic, so don't get your hopes up everyone.

green_focus said:
small heart attack this morning. Went to check the status of my order with 365games.co.uk and in the order status saw "processing refund". Sent them an email to find out what's going on and reiterate my desire to purchase this game. Now waiting for a response.

Very confusing as I got an email from them earlier this week letting me know that I was in North America but purchasing a PAL game and that they were giving me till the end of the week to respond or they would ship the game out on the 22nd.

All of their orders to the US have been put on hold for the weekend to allow people to cancel their order since "US Wii's can't play PAL games".

The 'processing refund' status just means it's on hold. If you just leave the order standing, it should ship at the start of next week.

green_focus

CruxisMana said:
All of their orders to the US have been put on hold for the weekend to allow people to cancel their order since "US Wii's can't play PAL games".

The 'processing refund' status just means it's on hold. If you just leave the order standing, it should ship at the start of next week.

Phew. Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. Can't wait to dig into this game.

I think the game is a little too easy for my taste. It may just be that I essentially make it too easy since I'm pretty thoroughgoing when working on my quest log -- so I'm certainly well prepared for the mainquest -- but I'm little disappointed that not even some subquests have presented me with a bigger challenge at this point.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Hey, sorry, I know there are all sorts of links to homebrew stuff in here, but I remember a specific post made by a mod/admin a few days ago that was just a series of clear steps for what to do from start to finish to make this happen. I paged back through everything but couldn't find it, anyone know where it was?

Aeana

slaughterking said:
I think the game is a little too easy for my taste. It may just be that I essentially make it too easy since I'm pretty thoroughgoing when working on my quest log -- so I'm certainly well prepared for the mainquest -- but I'm little disappointed that not even some subquests have presented me with a bigger challenge at this point.
Many of the quests can be quite difficult. Like the guy in the camp on the leg field who sends you to check out an ether deposit that
results in an ambush of like 8 bat enemies, resulting in quite a difficult (imo, anyway) battle

Plus many of the quests to kill unique monsters can be fairly difficult/rewarding.
But yes, if you do all of the quests, you will most likely put yourself in a position where the main story of the game won't pose a huge challenge.

CoolS said:
After defeating that boss, all of them are now on level 19/20. So far I think I am always slighty overleveled but not enough to make the fights easy. Exactly how I like them. I keep forgetting to activate the Monado aura attack against Mechons though and only Shulk does damage then ^^

What level are your guys on?
At that time I was level 26 ^^

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I've been wondering. Does this have progressive scan? I mean there have been a few PAL releases that for some reason were locked at 50hz, such as MadWorld (Which I imported from the US for this very reason)

Edit: Sorry if my Search-Fu sucks and this question has already been asked, btw!

Easy_D said:
I've been wondering. Does this have progressive scan? I mean there have been a few PAL releases that for some reason were locked at 50hz, such as MadWorld (Which I imported from the US for this very reason)

Edit: Sorry if my Search-Fu sucks and this question has already been asked, btw!
I'll tell you what the box says : 50Hz/60Hz Modes Supported, EDTV/HDTV Compatible
Conclude what you want with that.

Gambit

On the box it says EDTV-compatible

Anyway, played for two hours. The first time I talked to the merchant in colony 9, I got experience points and levelled up! Then again when I warped for the first time. I am pleasantly surprised you get EP for more than just fighting.

So far, I am gobsmacked. Really loving it and the Voice Acting is a nice change of pace from the American norm.

Aeana said:
Many of the quests can be quite difficult. Like the guy in the camp on the leg field who sends you to check out an ether deposit that
results in an ambush of like 8 bat enemies, resulting in quite a difficult (imo, anyway) battle
True, that was the most difficult quest so far and gave me some trouble, but it was still rather managable I think.
I guess I would just like to have for some borderline impossible quests. Something where I have to prepare myself extra carefully or even have to go back to later in the game.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
green_focus said:

So...if 365games falls through, what other sites do other gaffers recommend to purchase the game from?
To add to the responses already received, around the same time your order's status changed, you should have received an email explaining the situation. I missed mine only to find it two days later in my spam box.

Despite the email saying that I didn't need to write back if I wanted to proceed with the order, I did respond, stressing that I did not want my order cancelled. I got a reply back confirming that my order would ship on Monday, and just now received another email confirming that my game has shipped within the past 24 hours! Woo!

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
But Hitler is in Germany, he gets all those games! Poor dude was upset for no reason.

Edit: lulz, video maker didn't think it through very well...
a79773fa14346db9c0813304ff9dc6f42c56fcd5.jpg

LProtag

Ah man, all these stories about the disks not working...

I'll just keep assuming mine will until it doesn't. Which will hopefully be today? That it does work that is, ha.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
boy, someone would have to be REALLY stupid to admit to piracy, even if it was the first half of a sentence that ended with "i've already purchased the game and it's in the mail".

good thing there's no one like that in this thread.

Top Bottom