• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Varion said:
Yeah, what I tend to do is try and accept as many quests as possible, and particularly with regards to the kill X monster or get X item quests I tend to do half of them while exploring without even going out my way. Go around fighting enemies, looking for landmarks, filling in the map and you bump into those monsters and get those items anyway.

The only ones you really have to go out your way for are red quest items or talking to people, and sometimes you can get the red quest items before talking to people anyway, so as soon as you find the NPC you can finish it.

Not having to report back really does make a difference.

Definitely, unfortunately it's not like that for EVERY quest, and later on in the game you seem to get more and more "report back" ones, or at least I did. It's kinda worth it because there's a little character interaction/side story with a lot of the quests but sometimes it gets annoying when you're suddenly having to do it all the time after 60 hours of instant rewards.

Reporting this to Nintendo is really cute, but it wouldn't be so bad if Nintendo took notice that even mainstream media is promoting homebrew in response to Nintendo's dumb region-locking and non-release policies.

slaughterking said:
Reporting this to Nintendo is really cute, but it wouldn't be so bad if Nintendo took notice that even mainstream media is promoting homebrew in response to Nintendo's dumb region-locking and non-release policies.

Or the fact that nearly every major European outlet that has reviewed the game has taken a swipe at NoA.

Region-locking consoles is just dumb.

Zafir

Do unique monsters respawn, and if so, how? I killed a unique monster before I got the quest to kill it. Meaning I need to do it again. I've kept going back to the area where it was but it's never there. :/

Edit: Scratch that, finally spawned again.

weeaboo

Zafir said:
Do unique monsters respawn, and if so, how? I killed a unique monster before I got the quest to kill it. Meaning I need to do it again. I've kept going back to the area where it was but it's never there. :/

Uhm, you probably have that quest marked as completed already

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
slaughterking said:
Yup.

A big delicious import game like this entices people to homebrew-enable their Wiis.... which frankly, puts people at arm's length to piracy. (if you do things the GAF way you'll never be exposed to this... but you are one step closer to it)

If you removed region locks and/or consistently localize big important titles like this, there'd be no need for many people to enter this dark world of Wii hacking.

Bullza2o said:
I notice after some battles my party gets affinity coins. What are they for, and how do we use them?

You use them to link one characters skill tree abilities with another character. However I only just started using them at the end of the Gaur Plains section.

I'm not sure what determines you getting them though.

^beaten.

slaughterking said:

one of the reason i didn't get a 3ds.. region locking is a curse ...

i live in a "european" country yet i enjoy japanese games .. LET ME PREORDER IN PEACE

i bought ouendan , jump stars and i can NOT play them on my 3ds ..curse you NINTENDO

BocoDragon

slaughterking said:
Yes, you can. :p

Normal DS games are not retroactively affected by region-locking.
Only DSi enhanced ones are (there are very few of them). And certain rare normal DS games like Sonic Classic Collection for some reason...

slaughterking said:
Yes, you can. :p

Normal DS games are not retroactively affected by region-locking.

Are you saying that i'm living in heresy since the start of this year ?

DAMMIT .. waking up .. feels weird...

BocoDragon

R_thanatos said:
Are you saying that i'm living in heresy since the start of this year ?

DAMMIT .. waking up .. feels weird...
Actual 3DS games are region locked, though. So far there isn't really a game to make this an issue... everything's getting localized. No import-only gems.... yet.

BocoDragon said:
Actual 3DS games are region locked, though. So far there isn't really a game to make this an issue... everything's getting localized. No import-only gems.... yet.
It's an issue for Europeans who want to play Devil Survivor: Overclocked

BocoDragon

shadyspace said:
Ah.. that is a bummer.

See this just makes me root for hacks/flash carts... and that's piracy-enabling (bad)! Region locking is so lame.

2San

Ok entering the first cave and I'm getting utterly destroyed by an aggro lvl 10 catepillar. My team is lvl 10. Am I low lvl or am I just bad?

2San said:
Ok entering the first cave and I'm getting utterly destroyed by an aggro lvl 10 catepillar. My team is lvl 10. Am I low lvl or am I just bad?

It's a unique monster, and they're generally much tougher than their level may suggest. You can however use a side passage to avoid the caterpillar.

I was only level 8 when I went through that cave.

2San

Lord Ghirahim said:
A bit of both probably.

CruxisMana said:
It's a unique monster, and they're generally much tougher than their level may suggest. You can however use a side passage to avoid the caterpillar.

I was only level 8 when I went through that cave.
Ah, ok. Did anyone manage to kill it at level 10 or below?

RPGCrazied said:
Any US gaffer get lucky today?

Nope, and we're both Zavvi customers. But hopefully it comes tomorrow and I can spend the weekend with it.

On a side note, I just convinced my brother to pull the trigger and import the game (and mod his Wii). He doesn't even really play RPGs, but that wonderful exploration video sold him on it.

Saroyan

I ordered my copy today from Zavvi since I had a 10% off code. I should have just pre-ordered but I kept telling myself I didn't need to buy this since I have a huge backlog of rpgs already. However, after reading this thread I couldn't help myself. Hopefully it won't take too long for my game to get to the U.S.

RPGCrazied

Seems like a lot of people have done that. I plan on taking a picture with the title screen running with the case and instruction booklet out. Digital Camera will probably look better than the webcam.

Sallokin

Nada for me on the East Coast. Was hoping to have it over the weekend. Oh well. Maybe I'll get lucky tomorrow. I know it was dispatched on Monday evening so fingers crossed ^_^

Alrus

So I got this today. apparently the game is selling well in shops in my town. At 11 am they were almost all out of stock (anecdotal I know...).

Anyway I don't have much time to play it but so far it's been quite good, the music is godly!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
shadyspace said:

It is also an issue for Americans who want to play the One Piece 3DS title, no US date yet, only EUR.

TBH the game in the first hour didn't do much for me. I was kinda bored with it will trying to grasp the gameplay and make any sense of the story whilst also fighting with the Wii remote. But today I'm working a lot of stuff out and I haven't been able to put it down. I think I'll just stick with the Wii remote too as I don't want to buy a controller just for this game and I'm kinda getting on ok with it now. Just really having to press 2 to trade is a problem.

Oxx

In all of my days importing DS stuff from North America, 7 days was the bare minimum. 2 weeks was more common.

Top Bottom