• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Basslover said:
BUT anyways just came here to post this since I didn't see it in the thread: some news about xenoblade sales, it seems it is selling fairly well at least for now (at least we know it wasn't a complete bomb) http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...blade_Chronicles_Sees_Big_FirstWeek_Sales.php

This is a distant dream but wouldn't it be oh so nice to get Zumba Fitness off the top spot in the UK with Xenoblade...

I just hope pre-orders count towards sales. Not a big indicator but ShopTo actually had a mass of pre-orders on Monday and Tuesday and apparently ran out of their initial allocation.

...and yes, I've done my bit :p. I haven't started it yet though because the TV's been in use for the past 2 days :(

Zwei

vitacola said:
Finally ...

http://i.imgur.com/UZMrL.jpg[IMG]
installing right now.

[/QUOTE]

I like how you kept the EU flag in the background for additional emphasis. [IMG]http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-happy-smileys-839.gif

Europe +1

:)

vitacola

Zwei said:
I like how you kept the EU flag in the background for additional emphasis.
free-happy-smileys-839.gif
Planned it since the announcement of the EU-Release :D

Thoraxes said:
It's currently working very well. Just got my copy in, looks great.

I can post screens if anyone wants; just let me know somewhere that allows uploads without loss of quality.
What are your PC specs?

I think I'll stick with Japanese voices. Not feeling the British as usual.

The game is pretty fun so far, music and art are very nice. Not sure if I like the mass of side missions and seemingly fetch quests. Too early to judge though.

Thoraxes

MYE said:
Try imgur
These are all at max settings in 7719M. Also, there is a loss of quality in the images when uploading them to imgur, so they aren't as crisp as the actual screenshots taken, but they're decently close, just a bit more blurry. I'll do more the more I play.
http://thoraxes.imgur.com/xenoblade

shadyspace said:
What are your PC specs?
The main things:
GTX460 1GB
Phenom II 970 X4 (Overclocked to 4.0 ghz)
5GB RAM
Also I have no framerate dips or anything. The game is running super smooth on it.

Oh also, you should easily be able to run it on your machine I believe, just with lesser fidelity is all. It should run.

Can anyone confirm if the game features some sort of animal or vehicle you can ride?

I'm guessing not, but instead of wondering for the next 80 hours I might as well know now.

RPGCrazied

Isn't that to cold?

Sorry though, get well fellow jRPG gaffer! Oh wait, you guys do Celsius not Fahrenheit.

xtrasauce said:
Can anyone confirm if the game features some sort of animal or vehicle you can ride?

I'm guessing not, but instead of wondering for the next 80 hours I might as well know now.

I think fast travel is it.

Seik

Banned
Thoraxes said:
These are all at max settings in 7719M. Also, there is a loss of quality in the images when uploading them to imgur, so they aren't as crisp as the actual screenshots taken, but they're decently close. I'll do more the more I play.
http://thoraxes.imgur.com/xenoblade

The main things:
GTX460 1GB
Phenom II 970 X4 (Overclocked to 4.0 ghz)
5GB RAM

This is just perfect, I have a 2500K Overclocked to 4Ghz and I have a GTX460 too :D . It's great to know it works fine! I think I'll be playing it on Dolphin instead of my Wii. Even if I want to change eventually I can transfer my saved game on wii, god this is awesome.

What resolution are you playing and how many AA?

TDLink

Lord Ghirahim said:
38°C fever, I guess I'll have to stop playing for a while... Great.

More like now you have the perfect excuse to play more and ignore whatever other responsibilities you have.

Go_Ly_Dow

Just turned it off (really tired so I don't want to play whilst I'm groggy!)

Still in the first area.

Positives:

-Music is lovely (managed to get my surround sound speakers to work with the Wii)
-The day > night transition is awesome
-No issues with the camera using my CCpro
-Environments really are awe worthy. So much freedom from the get go
-Character models are a bit flat looking, but they animate nicely so it isn't a big issue
-The world really feels alive (town and field)
-Battle system makes grinding fun as its so seamless
-Loving the dub. Favourite VA is probably the sister

My only real downer is that I feel a bit overwhelmed with all the NPC sidequests. Not really sure where to begin and I'm worried if I progress too far with the story they might disappear.

Probably one of the very few games where I would use an official guide, so I can make the most out of everything.

I have a feeling this is the JRPG I've wanted for all these years. Cant wait to get some more hours in tomorrow.

weeaboo

M_Night said:
My only real downer is that I feel a bit overwhelmed with all the NPC sidequests. Not really sure where to begin and I'm worried if I progress too far with the story they might disappear.

As far as I know the sidequests that could dissapear are indicated by a different simbol in the log.

Thoraxes

Seik said:
This is just perfect, I have a 2500K Overclocked to 4Ghz and I have a GTX460 too :D . It's great to know it works fine! I think I'll be playing it on Dolphin instead of my Wii. Even if I want to change eventually I can transfer my saved game on wii, god this is awesome.

What resolution are you playing and how many AA?
Fullscreen resolution: 1080p
Internal Resolution: 4x Native (2560x2112)
AA: 8 Samples (quality level 32)
AF: 16x
Per-Pixel Lighting and Force Texture Filtering Enabled

The Int3rsect said:
Hopefully this game justifies my purchase for a Wii, considering that I bought it JUST for Xenoblade haha.

There are plenty of other games that you should get -- and many of them are very cheap now. Even if you only wanted a Wii for Xenoblade, there are tons of other great games on the platform.

Like:
SinPunishmentStarSuccessorBox.jpg

Seik

Banned
Thoraxes said:
Fullscreen resolution: 1080p
Internal Resolution: 4x Native (2560x2112)
AA: 8 Samples (quality level 32)
AF: 16x
Per-Pixel Lighting and Force Texture Filtering Enabled

jcYa3.png

WOW!

Thanks for the quick answer!

weeaboo said:
As far as I know the sidequests that could dissapear are indicated by a different simbol in the log.

I think it's more that you may not pick them up in the first place. Having to circle each area twice, nigh and day, to find people makes me worried that I may have missed someone.

SecretMoblin said:
Ouch. Get well soon.

Thanks. I've had my copy for over a year and I get my first cold of the decade when I finally get serious about playing it. I also had fever when I received my copy last year, 40°C due to a gigantic sebaceous cyst (the inflamed/infected area's surface was as large as a DVD). I guess the universe really doesn't want me to play Xenoblade.

TDLink said:
More like now you have the perfect excuse to play more and ignore whatever other responsibilities you have.

I don't think Xenoblade is very enjoyable if you're not perfectly focused. And my cerebral faculties seem to be the first to take a hit when I'm feverish :/

Varion

M_Night said:
Sidequests that expire are marked with a red clock in the quest menu. If it doesn't have that then you can do it any time you like. The majority of sidequests (including all of the ones in Colony 9 that I know of) don't have this, so you don't need to worry too much.

Sadist said:
You could always pick up other classics as well :)
SecretMoblin said:
There are plenty of other games that you should get -- and many of them are very cheap now. Even if you only wanted a Wii for Xenoblade, there are tons of other great games on the platform.

Haha yeah. I'm obviously not going to limit myself to just Xenoblade. There have always been other Wii exclusives I wanted to play. :p

Go_Ly_Dow

RPGCrazied said:
Anyone else playing this on a HDTV?

Yeah, but I downscaled the image size from the full 16:9 widescreen to 4:3 (I think).

Decreases the jaggies and improves the image quality a lot. I'm fine with the smaller viewing size.

Nix

Banned
Didn't someone say NYC was the center of the world? Why don't I have this in my hands Zavvi!? Why!?

Are there different aesthetics for weapons or how does that work (One weapon the whole game?)? Anyone who got the game can fill me in on that?

Jomjom

Banned
Just wondering how is the controller that comes with the CE for playing games that support the classic controller like Xenoblade? How does it compare to the OG classic controller? I have one that came bundled with MoHun, but I never opened it.

Sadist

jling84 said:
Just wondering how is the controller that comes with the CE for playing games that support the classic controller like Xenoblade? How does it compare to the OG classic controller? I have one that came bundled with MoHun, but I never opened it.
The CC Pro is leagues above the OG CC. I like the whole SNES idea of the latter, put Pro is the way to go. Better grip than the OG.

JerkShep

I've explored pretty much all the second area, minus some heavily guarded parts. Simply walking around the plain and exploring creates such amazing little moments, for example I had no idea it could rain lol, and when it happened I was like WTF: the music changed and became quieter (more similar to the night theme), the colors became darker and in few moments it started to rain. My character was under a giant rock bridge and a giant mob (level 80 or something) was walking in the distance (later I found out that some monsters appears only when it rains, no idea if the one I saw was rain-specific though). Fantastic moment

Or another: I've found a cavern that leads above the lake in the second area (the game rewarded me with exp bonus even, bonus location or something). I was watching down and I could see basically all the area...when a griffin of sort started flying towards me. I target the fucker and he was like level 60. I jumped. Fortunately I hit the water.

The world is flawlessy designed, and not just from the artistic point of view. There are a lot of roads you can take to reach a goal or a particolar location (I managed to arrive to the other side of the plain without using the bridge for example) and exploration is always rewarded.

So good.

donkey show said:
LOL I wish. Should've came yesterday, but the royal mail is having issues getting into our mail boxes since a car crashed into our apartment concierge the other day.
you're not living in cali anymore? :O

Jomjom

Banned
Sadist said:
The CC Pro is leagues above the OG CC. I like the whole SNES idea of the latter, put Pro is the way to go. Better grip than the OG.

Ah I see, thanks for the recommendation. I think it's time to open up MoHun!

SOLDIER

Anyone who pre-ordered through ShopTo get their copies yet? Mine has been listed as "Overseas" for three days now. I keep thinking it's right around the corner, so I'm constantly looking out my window when I hear trucks driving by.

Top Bottom