• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Zafir said:
Any idea on how long it took for 'em to respawn?
I travelled to those areas 3 times and on the fourth they were there

Android18a said:
At 9 hours now.

My party is level 22 each, and I've just entered
Colony 6's Drainage system

The only real deaths I've had so far was from overpowered groups from my exploration, and from getting mobbed by like 10 Mechon along a certain route on the way to where I am now.
I'm in the same place as you with 19 hours on the clock :lol dat sidequest addiction

Zafir

BlazingDarkness said:
I travelled to those areas 3 times and on the fourth they were there

I'm in the same place as you with 19 hours on the clock :lol dat sidequest addiction
I'm on my fourth visit, and no tirkin unique. >.<

Zafir said:
I'm on my fourth visit, and no tirkin unique. >.<

I had the same problem and I found more easier and faster to just save in the spot where the mob is supposed to show up and just reload until it respawns.

Peff

Antagon said:
Personally haven't gotten Sharla yet. Didn't want to continue with the story as I don't know when I lose those quests but I guess I'll just do that until I've gotten Sharla.

You actually have to manually pick "make these side quests unavailable" and it's still a while before that too. They're nowhere near as urgent as it looks like at first.

Peff said:
You actually have to manually pick "make these side quests unavailable" and it's still a while before that too. They're nowhere near as urgent as it looks like at first.

So it does warn you before the point of no return?

Peff

Die Squirrel Die said:
So it does warn you before the point of no return?

Yes,
everyone goes back to Colony 6 in a sidequest and you are told "You should make sure to finish any business before leaving. Are you done?" Yes/No.

Apenheul

I just can't beat Xord, my party is level 26 and I wonder if I should just go back to the previous area to grind and get better weapons/armor. Chaining is really hard if the others on your team are constantly dying because reviving costs a third of the party gauge.

Rich!

GUYS, GUYS

I have a dilemna. I have a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles put by for me at my work (£29.99). I can either wait until I get paid on wednesday, as I am broke right now, or I can trade in Ocarina of Time 3DS and Prison Break Season 3 Blu Ray to get it today.

What would you guys do?

richisawesome said:
GUYS, GUYS

I have a dilemna. I have a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles put by for me at my work (£29.99). I can either wait until I get paid on wednesday, as I am broke right now, or I can trade in Ocarina of Time 3DS and Prison Break Season 3 Blu Ray to get it today.

What would you guys do?

I'd wait untill wednesday.

Seik

Banned
richisawesome said:
GUYS, GUYS

What would you guys do?

Sounds like a fair deal, go for it IMO.

Did you finished Ocarina of Time? If yes, DO IT! :D

wsippel

Banned
Apenheul said:
I just can't beat Xord, my party is level 26 and I wonder if I should just go back to the previous area to grind and get better weapons/armor. Chaining is really hard if the others on your team are constantly dying because reviving costs a third of the party gauge.
Weird, guy's a pushover. 26 should be sufficient. Check your arts and equipment?

guek

Banned
richisawesome said:
GUYS, GUYS

What would you guys do?

just wait. 4 days isn't going to kill you

Zafir

richisawesome said:
GUYS, GUYS

What would you guys do?
Do you plan on playing through OOT or watching Prison Break Season 3 again? If not, then by all means swap.

Rich!

Seik said:
Sounds like a fair deal, go for it IMO.

Did you finished Ocarina of Time? If yes, DO IT! :D

Finished it on both quests. But damn, it'd leave me with no 3DS games at all...until Starfox.

But then again, Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger are like my two favourite games ever, and Xenoblade looks like a perfect mix of them both for me. Must get it.

Anyway. I've decided not to, purely because Prison Break season 3 was a bitch to get hold of (as were the others, seeing as they weren't released in the UK - although I see a boxset is out next month...).

and fuck, I've realised I traded in my wii remote ages ago, to go towards ocarina of time 3ds in fact, so looks like I'll be waiting until wednesday afterall. Thanks anyway guys!

anaron

richisawesome said:
GUYS, GUYS

What would you guys do?
Well definitely trade in prison break cuz it's terrible.

wsippel said:
Weird, guy's a pushover. 26 should be sufficient. Check your arts and equipment?

I had difficulty with him too and it seemed to depend entirely on which characters kept gathering aggro from the boss. However, if Reyn can handle all the aggro, just take down the little guys, chain topple the boss and he should go down if you manage to pile on enough damage.

Sadist

BlazingDarkness said:
I just quick traveled to Spiral Valley and almost shit myself
massive level 90 blue baboon Immovable Gonzalez right in front of me

In better news, two of those unique mobs respawned so I was able to complete those quests, just waiting on one more
Lol same.

It had a landmark and I thought "oh wonder what's there" and that thing appeared.

I was like "oh" and turned around :lol:

wsippel

Banned
CruxisMana said:
I had difficulty with him too and it seemed to depend entirely on which characters kept gathering aggro from the boss. However, if Reyn can handle all the aggro, just take down the little guys, chain topple the boss and he should go down if you manage to pile on enough damage.
There are aggro+ and stealth gems. ;)

Mods,

Is it considered piracy to download the game if you have already paid for it and are just awaiting shipment?

edit: I am not doing this or suggesting anything, just asking a question about what is acceptable here and what isn't.

Aeana

Twilight Princess said:
frontier village is best village. and
riki
has to be the most overpowered character in the team.
I was waiting for someone to get there. It's really cool, huh?

wsippel said:
There are aggro+ and stealth gems. ;)

I do have some, but then I do have a tonne of rocks that I need to craft so I'll try to get some better ones.

But even so, sometimes aggro just doesn't play the way you want it too, given that you can't control your party members and what not.

McNum

So I've been paying a bit more and just got to
Colony 6
. Or rather, the tunnels below it. The game is really coming together now, and it's a lot of fun to shatter those attack warnings in battle. It's a neat system, although I kind of wish that it'd show whenever a boss did a powerful technique rather than just when it's aimed at a character with low HP.

Level 19 so far, I think I'm underleveled a bit. Maybe I should skip to the plains again and kill some local wildlife.

Also, quick question: The Monado Enchant art. Does it have any effect against non-Mechons? It has a bonus damage listed, but I've only seen it on Mechons.

Dystify

chaostrophy said:
Mods,

Is it considered piracy to download the game if you have already paid for it and are just awaiting shipment?
I'm no mod but it's still against Nintendo's ToS as far as I know.

MicH

The US people needs to relax. I'm in Europe and my preorder, which shipped Tuesday, STILL hasn't arrived. So calm down, it's most probably not lost and you Will get it mid-late next week :)

RPGCrazied

I remember in the Japanese import it had some texture pop in. Maybe my Wii's dying. Does it seem to have any in the EU version? Seems like sometimes it will load fences, trees will just pop into view.

RPGCrazied said:
I remember in the Japanese import it had some texture pop in. Maybe my Wii's dying. Does it seem to have any in the EU version? Seems like sometimes it will load fences, trees will just pop into view.
Sounds like your Wii's fucked, man.

Chanser

RPGCrazied said:

I get people and enemies pop-up.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
chaostrophy said:
Mods,

I'm not a mod, but I'd say the thread title was meant to answer just such a query.

Apenheul

wsippel said:
CruxisMana said:

Thanks, I'll try again.

RPGCrazied

Could be the HD too I guess. My library of games I own, I put on a HD. I had it on it when I was borrowing it from a friend. I hope playing from the disc will be better. I'd hate for it to be my Wii. The HD was pretty cheap.

Seik

Banned
chaostrophy said:
Mods,

Is it considered piracy to *puts on beard and eyepatch* 'YAAAAAHR' if you have already paid for it and are just awaiting shipment?

Fixed. XD

Seriously, yes it is. To be legit you need to play with the ISO ripped from your own copy! :)

Top Bottom