• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

Thoraxes

I'll repost this since it's been almost 12 pages or so (of 100-count pages) since they've been posted.
They're Dolphin screenshots of the game from roughly the first 20 minutes. Imgur does have some compression, so they aren't as clear as they look on my screen; these images a just a little more blurry, but they look close enough to what it is.
1080p.
8x AA (32 quality)
16x AF
Texture Filtering and Per Pixel Lighting enabled.

http://thoraxes.imgur.com/xenoblade

Snapshot King said:
Yeah, you're right, I'm only at 2 stars as well with Colony 9. Christ that means there's just a shitton of quests that'll open up over time. I love this game.
I've just cleared the mines underneath colony 6 and already have 4 star affinity with colony 9, so I think after every relatively major story development there are new quests that open up :)

dani_dc

Finally got Xenoblade Chronicles today! (Limited edition too)

Just to find out my external HDD is not powering up. Think it's either the power supply or the circuit inside the box that died.

Time to play the game with the CD until I fix this or buy a new HDD (hopefully soon).

BlazingDarkness said:
I've just cleared the mines underneath colony 6 and already have 4 star affinity with colony 9, so I think after every relatively major story development there are new quests that open up :)

Do the quests in Colony 9 get more difficult or if I go back there now with level 25 characters will I just be mindlessly slaughtering half the wildlife population?

Thoraxes

Zafir said:
Hah, same. Well actually my pc runs PS2 games alright, most of them anyway. Not so much for most Wii games though. I tried Xenoblade earlier on Dolphin, and it varies from place to place. Was getting 17-20FPS in the opening with Dunban. Which isn't ideal due to the problems it causes to the audio.
The audio and stuttering frames were also issues I had too with the Dunban opening scene. For some reason though, those problems were only isolated to that specific instance. Everything else after that has been fine, minus some ghosting in cutscenes that feature flashbacks.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
rush777 said:
Seriously, the point has been made give the game a proper thread title like it deserves.

I'll change it back to its original title, which I liked, (no this is not an invitation to have a contest for a new thread title! thanks!) after a few days. The thread title is not "ruined" or "unworthy of the game" or whatever, guys. A few days of having this title will make things much easier on moderation, so I appreciate your patience in the matter.

Time to celebrate. I raise my glass to Sadist for his birthday and OT. The infectious camaraderie of you GAFfers, and Nintendo and Monolithsoft and NOE for this amazing game - which I've now played for exactly 24 hours! Happy one day old my Xenosave!

So, level 40...just about to leave
Frontier Village

In the whole game up until now, there's only one thing I regret they didn't fix after the Japanese release.

In a quest in the area spoiler'd above, there are 2 ways to end it :

1/ you give 4 common objects, resulting in the relationship between 2 characters to go way down
2/ you give 2 rare objects, resulting in that same relationship to go well (at least I'd assume based on the vision)

However because I spent a lot of time in the area where you get the common objects, I had them on me when I accepted the quest but I was missing one of the rare ones. So now the collecting step is marked as completed (selling the common to attempt to revert back is useless). Of course I don't have a save right before accepting the quest...last time I saved was hours before that point.

I will try to get the rare objects to see what happens then but I don't have much hope, I don't think it'll register them for the quest =(

It's really the only aspect of the game that rubs me the wrong way. If only it would give us the choice on what to give during multi-end quests.

I'll post again when/if I'm proved wrong when I'll go back to that quest in a few hours.

Zwei

Corleth the Fey said:
- which I've now played for exactly 24 hours!

damn, someone has played Xenoblade for a day already?
free-happy-smileys-839.gif

Zafir

Was somewhat disappointed with
Xord
, everyone had said how hard he was, but I didn't have any trouble. I don't doubt it's because I'm overleveled though.

Zafir said:
Was somewhat disappointed with Xord, everyone had said how hard he was, but I didn't have any trouble. I don't doubt it's because I'm overleveled though.
I didn't struggle too much either, it was fun though!

Dunban is pimp, I love his Blossom Dance move

kiryogi

Banned
Corleth the Fey said:
Will find out Monday! I wasn't expecting anything in the mail that id need tp sign. I've ordered from thehut before and never had that issue. Maybe the mail was someone else :eek:

Hi2u

Banned
This game is amazing. Put it this way, I haven't used my wii in the last two years and just been using 360 and ps3 the whole time...until now.

Alrus

felipepl said:
Spoiler tags people...

The name really isn't important and spoiling it is quite unnecessary tbh.

By the way that boss sucked, I don't see why it gave so much trouble to people... Actually, 18 hours in and the only monster that gave me trouble (and wasn't 50 level over mine) was the caterpillar in the cave (forgot the name) at the begining. Everything else has been really easy... Maybe I should just stop doing side quests for a while, I feel I'm always overleveled for the story stuff =/

Anyway, just got
Dunban
as a party member, is he better at tanking than Reyn? Game says he's agility based and he has a few skills that give bonus when naked... Is it the case or does evasion suck in this game?

kiryogi

Banned
BlazingDarkness said:
I didn't struggle too much either, it was fun though!

Dunban is pimp, I love his Blossom Dance move
Run him naked! He has the potential to be the fastest character in the game.

Antagon

BlazingDarkness said:
Naked? you mean unequip his armor and stuff? or?

Haven't gotten there yet, but from what I've read he actually has a skill tree dedicated at fighting naked. So yeah, without any armor.

BlazingDarkness said:

Damn, I need to do another round of quest gathering, 'cause I'm at the same point and I'm only at 2 stars, with only a few quests uncompleted.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Hmm, there are more loading screens than I expected from all the previous comments, not just when changing regions. I've encountered a couple when entering or exiting caves or whatever. Thankfully they're very brief and the seamless areas still are pretty damn gigantic themselves anyway. Sometimes you get views like the epic backgrounds of Monster Hunter Tri yet you're actually able to seamlessly go to those far away areas, be it a lake you can jump down in off a cliff or a city you walk to. It's pretty awesome stuff.

wrowa

Oh wow, this game is truly great. I reached Bionis' Leg and after my meet up with
Sharla
I ended up exploring the place. I walked into a little cave and reached an apparently small little cliff with a great view. There was just one monster in front of me, one small monster that's easily defeated in seconds with my nice (a little overleveled) party.

And then. Seemingly out of nowhere an army of monsters appeared. That small little cliff with the great view was in fact the hideout of the monster species. I was in a fight with more than a dozen of them and afterwards a mini boss was waiting to kill me -- but in fact, I killed him.

Exciting times. Felt so good.

bubnbob

Banned
He doesn't have an entire tree. It's the last skill you unlock for a specific tree. If you do run him naked, you will have to grind the tree anyway.

BocoDragon said:
Hmmm... I think ripping to USB hard drive might fix this... Either that or I'm very tolorant of 1-2 second load times :p

Yeah, I have the game installed and there area basically no load times.

Chesskid1

Banned
so i'm guessing there's more than 3 party members at some point and you can switch em out?? i always hate having to decide which characters to use. i usually go for the funniest character with unique dialogue, or the hottest girl.

Top Bottom