• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles |OT| Man, what a bunch of jokers.

bubnbob

Banned
Chesskid1 said:
so i'm guessing there's more than 3 party members at some point and you can switch em out?? i always hate having to decide which characters to use. i usually go for the funniest character with unique dialogue, or the hottest girl.

Yes, you can swap anytime when not in battle. All characters get the same XP etc regardless, so no uneven characters.

i have it sitting on my desk for three days now. i'm somehow to intimidated to just play it. it seems like a big time commitment. so i just play LoL. it just sits there sealed and collects dust.

Mistle

I tried booting this up with Dolphin just to see how it'd look compared to the Wii version, and was greeted with this horror...

pNIsQ.jpg

Just as proof of how weird the human sub-conscious is, I had a dream about this game.

I haven't been following it, I'm not excited for it (since I live in NA), and I barely know a damn thing about it. But I have read about it in passing and watched a few youtube videos.

Anyway, the dream was that the game was the unanimous choice for Wii Game of the Year and Game of the Year across the industry.

....But it still didn't come out in North America.

Diprosalic said:
i have it sitting on my desk for three days now. i'm somehow to intimidated to just play it. it seems like a big time commitment. so i just play LoL. it just sits there sealed and collects dust.
RPGCrazied is about to have an aneurysm waiting to play it, and you haven't even opened it to check out the new game smell? For shame.

Seik

Banned
Mistle said:
I tried booting this up with Dolphin just to see how it'd look compared to the Wii version, and was greeted with this horror...

kNj2J.jpg

This is...bad for you but awesome in some way XD how is the rest of the game?

MYE

Mistle said:

http://i.imgur.com/pNIsQ.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Aww shit. Call the Fringe division!

RPGCrazied

UltimateIke said:
RPGCrazied is about to have an aneurysm waiting to play it, and you haven't even opened it to check out the new game smell? For shame.

Lol. :p

How can someone have the best jRPG this gen has seen still sealed for 3 days? You feeling okay?

Mistle said:

http://i.imgur.com/pNIsQ.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
That some nightmare material there D:

weeaboo

Mistle said:

http://i.imgur.com/pNIsQ.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ir8n1.jpg

Mistle

Seik said:
This is...bad for you but awesome in some way XD how is the rest of the game?

It works with other revisions of Dolphin I tried it in, so there must have been a setting I tweaked awhile ago in this specific version that broke everything haha

I can try and guess my way through the opening few scenes and get some screenshots, it's going be tough though
KuGsj.gif

Wazzim

Banned
I promised myself to keep my copy sealed until I finish some games in my backlog but I couldn't resist :(
Game looks great on the Wii, even better in Dolphin but I heard it's a bit buggy so my first playthrough will be on the console.

Mistle

BTW, that screen I posted just before is even creepier in motion, as the letters gently scroll across the screen, as if in a gentle breeze.

LProtag

Mistle said:
BTW, that screen I posted just before is even creepier in motion, as the letters gently scroll across the screen, as if in a gentle breeze.

It would be amazing if it said "YOU SHALL BE AS GODS" over and over instead of random letters and numbers.

Holy crap, I just got a colony 9 quest that has me going up against level 35 mobs. Am I doing this wrong?

is the only way to get Armu milk by killing the level 35 Armus in Colony 9 on Agora Shore?

Mistle

Corleth the Fey said:
Dolphin records video right?
I does? I've been taking screens of this whole "first 10 mins" area, as the whole thing is a total mindf***.

If people are interested enough, I could record it and upload it somewhere, haha

weeaboo

Mistle said:
I does? I've been taking screens of this whole "first 10 mins" area, as the whole thing is a total mindf***.

If people are interested enough, I could record it and upload it somewhere, haha

Yes please.

Seik

Banned
Mistle said:

Go for it, I'll watch it! XD

You should name it: Xenoblade meets Matrix

I'd give an award to anybody doing the entire game like that :D

Wazzim

Banned
Mistle said:

Weird, are you running an old build or something? My copy runs perfect (only played the beginning), no weird graphical glitches or whatever.

Mistle

Wazzim said:
Weird, are you running an old build or something? My copy runs perfect (only played the beginning), no weird graphical glitches or whatever.
It runs perfectly for me also, but not on this revision. I must have tweaked it to breaking point sometime in the past haha.

I'm about to post up a heap of screens. I might get to the video later on today (it's still morning in Australia).

Snapshot King said:
Holy crap, I just got a colony 9 quest that has me going up against level 35 mobs. Am I doing this wrong?

is the only way to get Armu milk by killing the level 35 Armus in Colony 9 on Agora Shore?

Yes you are - there are some easy one's west of Colony 9, south of Anti Air Battery 1.

Mistle said:
Never payed attention but during the main menu is there a breeze? Could be that lol.
Anyways almost 3 hours in. Did some simple quests, and other stuff I'll put in spoilers.
So at first I didn't think they would already be killing people lol. I mean I was a little shocked when the general got killed but was more shocked they killed Fiona so quickly. Though I spent like 20 minutes on that stupid boss. I still don't get how the chains work but I'll read more into it tomorrow.
Stuff.

LevityNYC

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
Ordered the game last night from Game...any clue how long they usually take to ship to Canada?

Mine shipped from Game on Tuesday. So far, 4 business days and no sign of it. Im on the east coast.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I've kinda been rushing the story (I'm still in the beginning like 6 hours in), what level should I be to save
juju
? That boss is kicking my ass, killing me in one or two hits, without doing some special move that causes a flash forward vision. Unless there's a trick to it I'm not seeing it seems impossible at lvl 16-17. Or maybe my gear sucks. Should I just go back and do side quests, I've barely done any at all because I wanted to see what happens next...

HooYaH

Just a question on a quest early on in the game. Where is
Cliff Lakes and where are those Krabbies?

And Major SPOILER,
damn Sephiroth mech chick killer!!!

HooYaH said:
Just a question on a quest early on in the game. Where is
Cliff Lakes and where are those Krabbies?
Go to Outlook Park where you had lunch with Fiora, and jump over the side into the water, you'll be in the lake there, there'll be Krabbies at the shore. Be careful as there are some unique boss mobs in the area too

Sennorin

Banned
Ok, help needed for completing the "last" sidequest on bionis leg: It´s a monster hunt, the "Brutal Andante" or whatever its english name is. It´s supposed to be between the "celestial stage" and "Alviena hill" or whatever its english name is. Have been running around everywhere but can´t seem to find that monster. Where is it :>

Other than not being able to find this monster, game continues to be awesome.

Go_Ly_Dow

Got a few more hours in this morning.

Level 12 and have just entered the cave in Colony 9.

I've done a fair chunk of the sidequests for NPC's. Clocked around 7 hours total.

bubnbob

Banned
Alextended said:
I've kinda been rushing the story (I'm still in the beginning like 6 hours in), what level should I be to save
juju
? That boss is kicking my ass, killing me in one or two hits, without doing some special move that causes a flash forward vision. Unless there's a trick to it I'm not seeing it seems impossible at lvl 16-17. Or maybe my gear sucks. Should I just go back and do side quests, I've barely done any at all because I wanted to see what happens next...

Do quests, explore around. You get XP just for finding landmarks. That's... why arent you doing that?

Alrus

Sennorin said:
Ok, help needed for completing the "last" sidequest on bionis leg: It´s a monster hunt, the "Brutal Andante" or whatever its english name is. It´s supposed to be between the "celestial stage" and "Alviena hill" or whatever its english name is. Have been running around everywhere but can´t seem to find that monster. Where is it :>

Other than not being able to find this monster, game continues to be awesome.

I found him roaming on the "hill" near the lake by pure luck. He moves around a lot...

Top Bottom